Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

Defeating champions with stasis damage better not mean with the damage off my ice wall again

Bad news - yes it means killing champions in Nightfalls with stasis-type damage

Good news - equip your stasis subclass, use your Default Finisher, or this season's Finisher, and it'll count as a Stasis Kill if you finish the champions

Tricky part is that with the Lament in circulation, most pubbies instantly nuke the champions from full health to dead in a blink. Just hug the champions and spam that Finish button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

hiddenriverninja posted:

exotic armors and gear are considered a part of the expansions, so a f2p player would only get y1 stuff

edit: beaten

It's actually even weirder and less consistent than just this. You can get most world-drop Season 9, 10, and 11 exotics. So for example a few weeks ago I could have bought Promethium Spur from Xur.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bad news - yes it means killing champions in Nightfalls with stasis-type damage

Good news - equip your stasis subclass, use your Default Finisher, or this season's Finisher, and it'll count as a Stasis Kill if you finish the champions

Tricky part is that with the Lament in circulation, most pubbies instantly nuke the champions from full health to dead in a blink. Just hug the champions and spam that Finish button

Good to know on the finishers, I was worried I'd have to do something tedious with Salvation's Grip lmao

Champions never spawn at the lowest level NF right?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

They do not. Recruit buddies from one of the discords to aid you. It'll get done fast.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

Good to know on the finishers, I was worried I'd have to do something tedious with Salvation's Grip lmao

Champions never spawn at the lowest level NF right?

The second to lowest difficulty, 1220, does indeed spawn Champs and have Matchmaking, but it's a good idea to join a discord anyway and avoid playing solo as much as possible

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
are there two different 'defeat champs with stasis' objectives? I had one this week where I didn't need to get the final blow with stasis, they just had to be affected by it when they died. So like I'd hit em with a grenade and then lament and it worked just fine.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

There is nothing like escalation protocol or altar of sorrows that is currently relevant is there? Looking for something that is fast flowing and drops tons of loot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Probably crucible? You usually get two or 3 blues for 5-10 minutes work, and you don't have to use your highest power gear to do it effectively.

E: You also get the occasional purple, exotic, and exotic cipher.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Forsaken + Shadowkeep current discount prices - worth it for the exotics alone?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I mean it pretty much CONTAINS the exotics alone, but yeah I'd say so.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hmm, I'm wondering if I should get the Raid Jacket but I have a feeling that between living somewhere where it's never below 50F and having the chest say SpanishManlove, I'll likely never get to wear it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man mine says Pro Gun Control you'll be fine

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Probably crucible? You usually get two or 3 blues for 5-10 minutes work, and you don't have to use your highest power gear to do it effectively.

E: You also get the occasional purple, exotic, and exotic cipher.

comp is really good for that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whoever has A Buff Gay Dude LMK, i am neither buff nor gay but hell i'll wear that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

a jacket that says SOROS Regime

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Does nukeball chance from "Global Reach" stack with "Grasp of the Warmind"?
It specifies that "this mod" doesnt stack, but its different mods with the same wording, and ive learned not to trust their wordings too much.

The extra effects stack, but multiple warmind cells doesn't increase your chance of enemies actually dropping a cell is what the bit at the bottom is trying to say.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

VodeAndreas posted:

The extra effects stack, but multiple warmind cells doesn't increase your chance of enemies actually dropping a cell is what the bit at the bottom is trying to say.

Thats what i meant, thanks.
So enemies dropping is kinda hardcoded?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Thats what i meant, thanks.
So enemies dropping is kinda hardcoded?

It's based on a point system, I think something like every 5 points one will spawn. From memory (which may not be accurate), common enemy = 1 pt, Major = 2 or 3 pts, Boss = 5 pts.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Discospawn posted:

I don't think the game makes this very clear

thread title worthy tbh

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

idiotsavant posted:

Forsaken + Shadowkeep current discount prices - worth it for the exotics alone?

at 15 bucks each? yeah, they aren't bad. $30 isn't a bad price for the story, raids, and being able to get their exotics and do their ordeals.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

RBA Starblade posted:

Defeating champions with stasis damage better not mean with the damage off my ice wall again

Tip I discovered, you get kill credits so if your fireteam puts shots into someone, and someone uses a stasis finisher, you get the credit.

This means you could get it on a single 1220 run of the disgraced. ping on discord for it.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
My triumph shirts say "MustangMasher" and "Daddy-14" respectively

I drew the line at "Post-Nut Clarity Control"

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Shadowkeep has some really cool set pieces, like the first time you see the pyramid ship, or pit of heresy.

And xenophage has to be in the top or the top boss dps weapon right now so..

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

lmao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Horsebanger posted:

Coward, that would own on a shirt

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

yearning for a triumph shirt with "Sweaty Paper" printed on it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

Shadowkeep has some really cool set pieces, like the first time you see the pyramid ship, or pit of heresy.

Any story stuff where you have public phases with other guardians kicks rear end too. They should do that way more often.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I found my Destiny 1 disc because I wanted to look around at the old stuff and as much as I love it we've come a long way lol. It's incredibly hard to aim in comparison, it's just so much smoother and more fluid now

e: I was last using NttE on my main lmao. The gear in general is way cooler looking imo though

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 29, 2020

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Something about the rendering aesthetic looked better as well. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but cosmodrome 1 just looked artier.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

And don't forget Divinity, disco ball of doom.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

slow_twitch posted:

Xeno is good for DPS against bosses when you can pair it with Divinity so it can actually deal precision damage, but there are much better options most of the time. Xeno's main strength is that it's basically impossible to gently caress up - it's a very simple point-and-click interface with no concerns about velocity and its recoil is pretty manageable due to its plodding fire rate.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Speaking of Xeno, I decided twelve bucks was good enough for skeep because I'm bad with money. Guessing I get started with that questline on the moon somewhere?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of Xeno, I decided twelve bucks was good enough for skeep because I'm bad with money. Guessing I get started with that questline on the moon somewhere?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-29-destiny-2-xenophage-quest-6007

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Not mine but its a good clip.

https://streamable.com/kpy69b

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Question about Stasis:

Is there any trick to getting any of the Stasis grenades other than the wall grenade shatters (which is itself very inconsistent) to count towards "grenade kills"? I tried all three and despite having two demolitionist weapons and getting my grenades back constantly I average 2 random credits towards any grenade progress for an entire strike.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I find it quite amusing that the “Stasis” subclass has far and away the best movement abilities for Titans

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Deeturbomber posted:

Question about Stasis:

Is there any trick to getting any of the Stasis grenades other than the wall grenade shatters (which is itself very inconsistent) to count towards "grenade kills"? I tried all three and despite having two demolitionist weapons and getting my grenades back constantly I average 2 random credits towards any grenade progress for an entire strike.

Stasis nades don't kill, is your problem. If you need grenade kills, swap to a class with grenades that kill.

As far as I know there are no quests that require specifically stasis grenade kills, and if there is that is incredibly lol.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

Stasis nades don't kill, is your problem. If you need grenade kills, swap to a class with grenades that kill.

As far as I know there are no quests that require specifically stasis grenade kills, and if there is that is incredibly lol.

One of my fragment quests in gambit requires blocker kills, using grenades or a heavy GL. That bar doesn't explicitly require "stasis" but the other two bars do (frozen combatants and stasis super kills) so clearly bungie intends for us to use stasis for that one. Or just grind more gambit I guess, they really love when we play more gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

The fragment quests for nightfalls and crucible are multi-subclass objectives too hth