Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you highlight a mission that you are short parts for, it will put green circles around any missions or vendors where you can get those parts, either by battlefield-specific drops, monster drops, or first time rewards. You can also highlight ingredients themselves by going into the Menu and pressing L to go over to the materials, then selecting the material(s) you want to farm with A.

Cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've completed the game to sufficiency I feel. Haven't 100%ed it; I have 3 maps and like 2 nodes left, but I look at each of the remaining maps and think "thiiis is bullshit I'm unwilling to grind for"

Excited for the dlc whenever that happens.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I have two questions:

1. Is there eventually an upgrade that gives you the locations of korok seeds on the minimap like there is for treasure chests, or am I going to have to rely on online maps to find these little guys?

2. Is Vah Rudania the worst Divine Beast, or is there a trick to using it that I'm just not getting? Any time I play as it I wind up taking so much damage because my only reliable way to kill a lot of things is to march up and stomp on them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There's a second credits sequence post-post game when you repair Terrako where Terrako is wandering the world saying hi to everyone and Sooga appears to pops up with Kohga in the little loading screen sprite style. That said this is a Warriors game and as seen with Rhoam, and Robbie, and Purah, "implied off screen deaths" are largely "we want some tension but they absolutely actually survived"

Yeah I assume that it's just something cute though for the credits seeing as the future chapions show up there too for the hug.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alacron posted:

I have two questions:

1. Is there eventually an upgrade that gives you the locations of korok seeds on the minimap like there is for treasure chests, or am I going to have to rely on online maps to find these little guys?

2. Is Vah Rudania the worst Divine Beast, or is there a trick to using it that I'm just not getting? Any time I play as it I wind up taking so much damage because my only reliable way to kill a lot of things is to march up and stomp on them.

1. I read in a random Reddit post that leveling a Zelda Shiekah Slate to 25 gives it a Korok detecting ability, but I have not gotten mine there yet to confirm. That helps with some missions, but there are some that she can't go on so you probably have to go with the online map for those.

2. I like the bird beast less but they both suck compared to the camel and the elephant, at least in my opinion.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
What the hell, Revali was clearly right that his divine beast was the best and most important :colbert:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The divine beasts are all really cool until you have to do it a second time : (

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Nah, Naboris is clearly the best.

I'd rank them as:

1. Vah Naboris (Lightning Camel)
2. Vah Medoh (Laser Bird)
3. Vah Rutah (Ice Elephant)
4. Vah Rudania (Flame Gecko)

Best part of Naboris was discovering how to get infinite lightning mode going.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Somebody was asking earlier about whether the Zelda amiibo do something different than other ones. Well, the items you get when scanning a Zelda amiibo reflect that amiibo a little bit. So like if you scan Mipha you might get a spear or you might gets fish/crabs. If you scan the Guardian you get Ancient parts. I scanned the Bokoblin and got a Boko club. So you do get special stuff for Zelda amiibo.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

1. I read in a random Reddit post that leveling a Zelda Shiekah Slate to 25 gives it a Korok detecting ability, but I have not gotten mine there yet to confirm. That helps with some missions, but there are some that she can't go on so you probably have to go with the online map for those.

2. I like the bird beast less but they both suck compared to the camel and the elephant, at least in my opinion.

I can confirm that the level 25 Shiekah Slate weapon skill is indeed "Detects Nearby Koroks".

Also, going back to rupee farm talk from way earlier, once you are in the postgame, it feels like the best thing for rupee farming is to get the highest bonuses you can on your weapon(s) to boost monster part drops and/or signal detector part drops and (postgame spoiler) do the Blood Moon versions of story levels. There are so many more bokoblins or other mooks in these levels than any other and the drop rates during Blood Moon are insane. You can sell monster parts to the Rito salesman that occasionally pops up to sell his ancient guardian parts.

Another more general tip for farming: Look at the ingredients for all the Material Drop Rate boosting foods and buy them between every mission you go on. Better yet, here they are:

Material Drop Rate +10% - 1 Bird Egg, 1 Fresh Milk, 1 Cane Sugar
Material Drop Rate +15% - 2 Bird Egg, 2 Tabanatha Wheat, 2 Cane Sugar, 2 Goat Butter
Material Drop Rate +20% - 2 Wildberry, 2 Bird Egg, 2 Tabantha Wheat, 2 Fresh Milk, 2 Cane Sugar
Rare Material Drop Rate +30% - 4 Wildberry, 4 Hydromelon, 4 Tabantha Wheat, 4 Cane Sugar

Snowy Feathers sells 10 Tabantha Wheat. High Spirits Produce sells 5 Bird Egg, 5 Goat Butter, and 5 Cane Sugar. Mabe Ranch Co-op sells 20 Fresh Milk, 20 Bird Egg, and 10 Goat Butter. Finally, traveling Merchant Dayfah (Gerudo Lady) sells 10 Wildberry and 10 Hydromelon. If you by all these items between each map, it costs 805 rupees assuming you have all discount missions complete.

Cane Sugar is the main bottleneck so make absolutely sure you buy it every time.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 29, 2020

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Haven't cleared the game yet, but yeah I've got cane sugar and courser honey glued to my Sheikah Sensor to make drat sure I buy them every time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is there a way to remove seals from the Master Sword?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah it shows up a little past where you get The Master Sword. It's a bit costly material-wise so

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Senerio posted:

Yeah it shows up a little past where you get The Master Sword. It's a bit costly material-wise so

I did the quests to remove individual seals or all seals at the blacksmith, but I can't select the Master Sword in the remove seals menu. Every other weapon works fine. So there's something else to unlock later?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Bongo Bill posted:

I did the quests to remove individual seals or all seals at the blacksmith, but I can't select the Master Sword in the remove seals menu. Every other weapon works fine. So there's something else to unlock later?

Make sure you don't have it locked with the L-stick click.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just finished the story. Pretty crazy how much more stuff I have left to do. Not sure if I'll clear everything possible but I definitely want to unlock the remaining characters. Excited to see what DLC brings!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flipside I just 100% the game

I want more :)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Why are some weapons greyed out when I tried to fuse them? I checked and this one is not locked. It's quite a bit higher level than the one I want to smoosh it into, so is that it?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Silver Falcon posted:

Why are some weapons greyed out when I tried to fuse them? I checked and this one is not locked. It's quite a bit higher level than the one I want to smoosh it into, so is that it?

master sword and bow of light can't be fused into something else

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Deceptive Thinker posted:

master sword and bow of light can't be fused into something else

Nah, it's not that. It's one of Impa's swords. Kodachi? I smooshed a bunch of weapons into what I assume is a tier 1 weapon, then picked up a tier 2 and tried to smoosh that old one into the new one, but it's greyed out.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's probably equipped currently, I clocked this when looking at swapping weapons for Link. You can equip and unequip from the fusing menu by pressing (I think) X.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

jackhunter64 posted:

It's probably equipped currently, I clocked this when looking at swapping weapons for Link. You can equip and unequip from the fusing menu by pressing (I think) X.

THAT WAS IT! Thank you so much. That has been driving me absolutely batty! I got several level ups for my shiny new sword.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You can sell monster parts to the Rito salesman that occasionally pops up to sell his ancient guardian parts.

that reminds me, is there a guide or something out there for which merchant pays more for which items? apparently that's a thing in this game so you shouldn't just sell your surplus to the nearest convenient merchant

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The traveling merchants who visit stables will pay more for a specific class of item, and the one they like will be highlighted in the sell menu.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i never actually opened the sell menu before, maybe i shoulda done so before asking, whoops

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Well I wound up selling a bunch of stuff before I knew about the traveling merchants thing, so you're in good company.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Whoever asked about where to get Moblin drops, the mission Fierce Gale of the Rito appears to be nothing but a constant stream of Moblins towards a central keep.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

So as someone who got into HW a few months ago what can I expect from the potential DLC updates? Am I just going to have an army of high leveled characters and then wind up with a couple new low level ones to do side missions with?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If they do it like HW1, then we'll get a new world map and a bunch of new missions with each set of new characters. If we're lucky, these will be released with free updates that include bug fixes, QoL updates, probably new recipes and also increasing the level cap.

Chances are that new characters will start low leveled, if not level 1 but the training camp seems pretty cheap ruppee wise so maybe that won't be a problem.

All that being said, Age of Calamity is different enough from the first game that I'm not sure how accurate any of that will be.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I'll be honest, I'd be down for BotW-style world maps of other Zelda games for DLC missions.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So Zelda’s second weapon is basically the Young Link of this game right, as in her Super is a new form and you want her in that about as much as you possibly can

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So Zelda’s second weapon is basically the Young Link of this game right, as in her Super is a new form and you want her in that about as much as you possibly can

In theory, I personally don't think it lives up to the Fierce Deity Murder Machine though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Do we ever get the ability to change anyone but Link's outfit? Zelda has a bunch of cool ones that have popped up for like one cutscenes so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zore posted:

Do we ever get the ability to change anyone but Link's outfit? Zelda has a bunch of cool ones that have popped up for like one cutscenes so far.

Post game Zelda has 3 (Winter outfit, standard blue and her white dress thing)
Champions each get 1 which is barely noticeable (just are they wearing blue or not)

That's it really

E: Zelda's second weapon sucks eggs. They make it powerful for the mission you get it and it has the malice destroying property the Master Sword has but it's really clunky to use in my opinion and really really slow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Champions each get 1 which is barely noticeable (just are they wearing blue or not)

That's it really

E: Zelda's second weapon sucks eggs. They make it powerful for the mission you get it and it has the malice destroying property the Master Sword has but it's really clunky to use in my opinion and really really slow.

Really? I find it pretty quick. Your goal is basically Ring -> Arrows -> Repeat and blow your super meter on instant finishers instead. It tends to burn through enemies faster than most enemies. If anything I find Calamity Ganon a lot more awkward for a somewhat similar playstyle.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

okay good because i've been thinking that i would straight up murder another human being for that winter outfit.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im glad Daruk is canonically a woman

The Postman posted:

So as someone who got into HW a few months ago what can I expect from the potential DLC updates? Am I just going to have an army of high leveled characters and then wind up with a couple new low level ones to do side missions with?

apparently data miners found character-switching lines for Purah, Robbie, Sooga, and Astor, so there's reason to speculate those will be dlc, at least. anything else is pure speculation

Orange Crush Rush posted:

her super form can't block or dodge-cancel, so defensively it's dangerous bordering on useless. i'm also not convinced its damage potential is greater than base form either when specials are good up-front damage, freeze the timer on challenge missions and trigger weak point gauges. plus second weapon Zelda is one of the very few characters who can't dodge cancel out of her stasis rune, so the start-up time on her super form is actively detrimental.

i'm legit unsure if i just completely misunderstood the point of her super form, or if it's just actively detrimental in every possible way compared to base form.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

a cartoon duck posted:

her super form can't block or dodge-cancel, so defensively it's dangerous bordering on useless. i'm also not convinced its damage potential is greater than base form either when specials are good up-front damage, freeze the timer on challenge missions and trigger weak point gauges. plus second weapon Zelda is one of the very few characters who can't dodge cancel out of her stasis rune, so the start-up time on her super form is actively detrimental.

i'm legit unsure if i just completely misunderstood the point of her super form, or if it's just actively detrimental in every possible way compared to base form.

I agree with all of this. She's much better off using C6 at a distance to snipe groups and/or force open weak points and bullying her her regular string.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If I go back to an earlier story mission to find Korok seeds, do I have to play through it all the way to the end for the seeds to count as collected? I assume so but if not, that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If I go back to an earlier story mission to find Korok seeds, do I have to play through it all the way to the end for the seeds to count as collected? I assume so but if not, that would be awesome.

Yes, but the game will let you opt out of the Divine Beast segments when you select cleared story levels with them.