Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
is it just me or do you guys find many of the daily commissions to be really irritating busy work? especially the ones that are like, talk to this npc, now talk to THIS npc, now go to this area and fight poo poo, now go to a DIFFERENT area, okay now you need to report it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The only one that annoys me is having to listen to Lan over and over for Unseen Razor. Otherwise everything goes by really fast. I'm more bothered by what a dickhead Wagner is when I have to talk to him every day.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

The White Dragon posted:

is it just me or do you guys find many of the daily commissions to be really irritating busy work? especially the ones that are like, talk to this npc, now talk to THIS npc, now go to this area and fight poo poo, now go to a DIFFERENT area, okay now you need to report it

Some are kind of cool. Most are just, yeah, chores.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Hackan Slash posted:

Chong is a great support for dps bennet but doesn't really synergize with childe/Beidou due to cryo's best reactions being Superconduct and Melt which they can't take advantage of.

wait, why cant beidou take advantage of superconduct?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So just now I decided to check out the description of the domains. One of them is named in a distinctly german theme, which lends credence to Fischl's story not just being a story. For instance, the one to the NE of Monstadt has an older theme to it's name than anything you'd see in Monstadt. It's Sommernachtgarten. Or the Midsummer Garden. It literally was a famous landmark that was a courtyard/garden. But for what? Usually gardens tend to be a prelude to a bigger building unless we're talking about it being like the equivalent of a state park or something.

It's also obvious that the abyssal domains aren't really just dungeons. At least a few of them are what's left of populated areas that the old civilization used to have. Guessing my "The abyssal domain is secretly Earth or whatever stands in for the prehistory humans in HI3" is right, given that and the other stuff I mentioned yesterday.

Actually, now that i've paid attention to them it's incredibly obvious that the domain descriptions (You can access them by clicking them on the map.) have some really important information.

One domain discusses how the people of today slowly forgot about what killed the old civilization. And then it or a nearby one goes on to talk about how beyond the mystery lies treasure, which is prompting people to explore these weird alternate dimensions they used to know all about (And apparently we aren't the first ones to unlock them, if we believe the description. Maybe they just stay locked until someone meets the criteria to open them? Kind of like a card reader lock on a door.).

IE: I was right about us looting the remains of a genocided people. Which is loving dark, even if it does match the "happy world on the surface, dark secrets underneath" motif that some of the quests have shown. :stonk:

And the poster that mentioned that the trees of the ancient civilization along with the item descriptions was right. There's a domain that talks about the silver trees.

More alarmingly, the Cecilia Garden dungeon talks about how the ancients used to enjoy the scent of a certain type of white flower. Assuming they're the same then said flowers appear to be loving everywhere in Dainsleif's trailer.

Is Khaen'riah in the Abyss? Or is something else going on? If that flower was the Mist Grass the Cicin's like then it might explain why things went so tits up for them. Mist Grass, despite being named as it is has an item that refers to the product it produces quite literally as Pollen. And the epic tier item is literally what looks like a strange purple fluid. Which grass typically does not produce. Pollen from a flower technically could do that in large harvested quantities, though.

Notably, the Spiral Abyss talks about Celestia and how vision holders see something like it. So maybe that's the way to Celestia. Alternatively, completing the Spiral Abyss is going to be required in the future. :stonk:

There's also some neat stuff. The dungeons that have no repeatables talk about the other protectors of Monstadt. Apparently there is a Lion, an Eagle, a Wolf (Andrius), and a Falcon. Weirdly enough, the temples are not entirely analogous to a compass. So they were probably built after whatever sunk the Temple of Time into the see, since the east most one is on the edge of the "bay" area.

Apparently something called the "Lianshan Formula" created masssive super tornadoes and thunderstorms in one domain in Li Yue.

Notably, Li Yue diverges from the pattern of being a direct reference to the ancient civilization. It's Monstadt that appears to have a relation to it (And maybe some of the bordering areas like Dragonspine. I know there are large ruins there from other lore.). So maybe Khaen'riah is underwater near Monstadt? Or maybe it's just got connectors that teleport to it, seeing as how Monstadt clearly suffered some sort of calamity (Venti going "lol gently caress off snow" and just making a super massive storm to blow it all away aside) in the past.

Edit: Also, there's clearly mountains and other features far beyond the domains. So seems kind of an odd feature to put in given the story dungeons are mostly just "Here's an endless expanse of nothing".

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 29, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

awesmoe posted:

wait, why cant beidou take advantage of superconduct?

It's not Beidou's fault, it's Chongyun's. Superconduct is a physical damage vulnerability debuff. Normally you apply superconduct then go to town with your physical damage carry.

Unfortunately, Chongyun's main way of applying Cryo (his eskill) also converts all physical melee damage into Cryo, so the Superconduct status is wasted.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Ashenai posted:

It's not Beidou's fault, it's Chongyun's. Superconduct is a physical damage vulnerability debuff. Normally you apply superconduct then go to town with your physical damage carry.

Unfortunately, Chongyun's main way of applying Cryo (his eskill) also converts all physical melee damage into Cryo, so the Superconduct status is wasted.

booo
the quest for a perfect 4th continues

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Archonex posted:

So just now I decided to check out the description of the domains. One of them is named in a distinctly german theme, which lends credence to Fischl's story not just being a story.

That's not surprising, Mondstadt is literally German for Moon Town. It's a fantasy German-themed continent in the same way Liyue is fantasy China and Inazuma is fantasy Japan.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

awesmoe posted:

booo
Fischl would be decent on that team to charge Beidou's ult faster. I think Sucrose/Venti/AnemoMC could work too because childe benefits so much from grouped enemies.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

awesmoe posted:

booo

It's Qiqi. It's always Qiqi.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I want Qiqi just for her amazing deadpan line delivery. I think she has one of the few tolerable dash quotes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my only real annoyance with commissions are the multiple tied to achievements or other unlocks that it doesn't seem to give any weight to, so most days i'm just breaking towers and killing poo poo with a repeat of one of the unique ones i had already done.

that some stuff is bugged (pirates), rng (food delivery recipe), or just needlessly convoluted (cliffhanger) makes it worse.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I long for qiqi but dont have her :(
I'll try fischl and amenoMC - dont have the others. I guess it's one of those things where for overworlding it doesnt matter and I'll just end up picking for convenience, and for underworlding I'll pick based on the enemy. but still, theorycrafting is fun.
charging beidou's ult faster is a good goal, because when I drop that it's insane how fast everything melts.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ashenai posted:

That's not surprising, Mondstadt is literally German for Moon Town. It's a fantasy German-themed continent in the same way Liyue is fantasy China and Inazuma is fantasy Japan.

Yeah, but the weird thing is that the places I mentioned are linked to a dead civilization and not Monstadt as we know it. Either Monstadt is periodically getting wrecked or there's something bigger going on there, probably.

Also, it appears that Monstadt had it's own version of Adepti at one point.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 29, 2020

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The best daily commissions are the ones where if you gently caress up a previous one you get a further one where you get scolded. Tailor made for people who are just blasting through the text rather than reading and responding to questions carefully.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Wave posted:

Man this weapon banner looks terrible. Both 5*s are abysmal (atk secondary on a 5*, twice???), the bell is bad, Lion's Roar doesn't work on anyone with Black Sword so easily available, Dragon's Bane is a spear, everyone owns Favonious Warbow, and Favonious Codex is only really right on Mona with Mappa Mare f2p for Sucrose and Solar Pearl so easy to get for Klee/Ninguang. Really makes me appreciate the BP.

Dragon's Bane is a great support Xiangling weapon (and looks best with her of all the spear options), but yeah, I think this is the worst weapon banner so far. It'll probably be a long time until we see one as good as the Lost Prayer and Wolf's Gravestone one.

At least it's killed my temptation to try for Vortex Vanquisher if I get Zhongli early enough and still have primogems left before the banner ends.

Also yes, Qiqi has been one of my most-desired 5* characters since the beginning and remains such, alongside Keqing now that I know how good the latter is. Getting her would arguably be even better than getting Zhongli (though I'd keep trying for him too after of course), even.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The best commission is the hilichurl tower one because it takes less than a minute to complere. Can I just get day where it's 4 hilichurl tower commissions?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I might actually have enough crystals to get two 5 stars from Zhongli's banner. I cannot wait to get disappointed when I only get one Zhongli.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The best commission is the hilichurl tower one because it takes less than a minute to complere. Can I just get day where it's 4 hilichurl tower commissions?

There's even faster ones, the "Hilichurls are dancing/sleeping in a very evil way here, kill them" and its variants usually don't have reinforcements. You just run in and commit a war crime real quick, and you're done!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

my favorite is either this or balloon sabotage because it's quick and easy

balloon defense can eat poo poo

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
there's only about 30 minutes of game to play each day (commissions, 1/7th of weekly bp stuff, resin) so adding an extra minute or two doesnt phase me much

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Ore and artifacts every couple of days collectively consumes more time than normal daily stuff. The only big annoyances are the weekly things (100 specialties, 20 bosses, 20 ley lines, etc) but that's mostly on me because I tend to clear them immediately on reset.

dogsicle posted:

that some stuff is bugged (pirates)

I knew it was broken that I didn't get cheevo credit. Also I'm still short one Mondstadt quest because you apparently need to do a daily for the fatui guy in the chapel first and he hasn't come up yet. :/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So what characters don't have missions where you can play as them?

I'm guessing Chongyun, Barbara, Beidou, Bennet and Sucrose? Either that or I just haven't found those quests yet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm guessing Chongyun, Barbara, Beidou, Bennet and Sucrose? Either that or I just haven't found those quests yet.

I don't think you get to try qiqi during the cocogoat escapades either

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 29, 2020

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Mailer posted:

I knew it was broken that I didn't get cheevo credit. Also I'm still short one Mondstadt quest because you apparently need to do a daily for the fatui guy in the chapel first and he hasn't come up yet. :/

If this is the commission I'm thinking of, it's not broken, but there are 2 different versions of the commission and you don't get the achievement until you've done both

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Mr Snips posted:

If this is the commission I'm thinking of, it's not broken, but there are 2 different versions of the commission and you don't get the achievement until you've done both

Someone’s mentioned that they did both variations and still don’t have it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr Snips posted:

i've cleaned the decks once and given them lotus heads at least twice and still don't have it.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

There's also some neat stuff. The dungeons that have no repeatables talk about the other protectors of Monstadt. Apparently there is a Lion, an Eagle, a Wolf (Andrius), and a Falcon. Weirdly enough, the temples are not entirely analogous to a compass. So they were probably built after whatever sunk the Temple of Time into the see, since the east most one is on the edge of the "bay" area.

The Lion is the Liontooth Knight and the Falcon is Vennessa. Yes, Vennessa was the original Liontooth Knight, but the Four Winds were established after she passed on her position, ascended to Celestia and became a falcon.

The Eagle's Gate actually isn't one of the temples of the Four Winds—there should be a temple belonging to Dvalin, but it's missing for some reason. Maybe it was destroyed, maybe it never existed. :shrug:

RareAcumen posted:

Diona, Keqing, Noelle, and Ningguang don't have story quests either. Did we get to use Fischl during Unreconciled Stars?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i've cleaned the decks once and given them lotus heads at least twice and still don't have it.

In that case I will happily accept 100 primogems when they fix it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and of course today i would get the delivery commission for the second time and still not receive the recipe :sigh:

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Did we get to use Fischl during Unreconciled Stars?

Pretty sure we didn't. We got to use Mona (very briefly), but not Fischl.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

In my quest for c2 Ningguang I C6’d Diona.

I guess I’m gonna have to use her.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I pulled Skyward Harp last night and Tartaglia today so I guess I'm doing this now. Any advice on artifacts?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CubeTheory posted:

I pulled Skyward Harp last night and Tartaglia today so I guess I'm doing this now. Any advice on artifacts?

2 piece Gladiator and 2 piece Noblesse for now.

Focus on Crit Rate, Hydro Dmg and Atk, in that order.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

Don't worry too hard atm, until we see what's coming in 1.2 for artifacts and if there is a hydro set that's coming with it. Currently the best builds are 4pc Retracing bolide with Ning/Diona/Noelle/C1 Beidou, with Zhongli and Xinyan coming in the next banner, if you don't want to run a bolide set then you're looking at 2pc Gladiator and 2pc Noblesse Obligee.

Crit damage helm, Hydro Cup, Atk% hourglass. Looking for crit, crit damage, atk, atk% as substats on your artifacts.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I only recently started playing and am annoyed that I only got to a high enough rank to unlock this timed event for Fischl now, with less than 5 hours left, and I have to be up for work in 7 hours.

My current party is the Traveller, Bennett, Noelle and Ningguang, and I think I'm doing okay so far.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Dr Snofeld posted:

I only recently started playing and am annoyed that I only got to a high enough rank to unlock this timed event for Fischl now, with less than 5 hours left, and I have to be up for work in 7 hours.

My current party is the Traveller, Bennett, Noelle and Ningguang, and I think I'm doing okay so far.

Sorry man. It's a cool event but you should probably sleep instead, and look it up on youtube later because there were some legit neat moments.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Keep in mind there's two stages to it, with different meteor fights, and you need X of each. They cost resin to clear but I'm unsure if you get credit without resin use. If it doesn't take resin you should be able to bang out the requirements in two hours tops.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
You do get credit without using resin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
To be clear, I'm not going to do it. I'm just annoyed I missed the chance, since by all accounts she's a good character, and I don't plan on spending money on this game so I don't fancy my odds of rolling her any time soon. Apparently I got very lucky drawing Bennett and Ningguang from the beginner rolls, at least.