Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

videogames are cool, it's just a shame about all the people who play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The video game industry treats its workers horribly and I hope it changes because if not I can't see how it sustains itself. I hope my kids don't become wrestlers or video game designers.

Video games are great but people who refer to themselves as gamers usually suck.

I beat ACV this week. I played through it using the $14.99 ubisoft+ deal so I feel like that was a good price for it. The voice actor for the female main character is great. Sounds like a real bad rear end.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stand with my friend EMF and his war against video games

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Yea basically. They're an unruly mob of 30 something white men obsessed with "reliving" their childhoods and completely detached from the reality that the fact they even remember their childhood's fondly is indicative of their immense privilege's yet they always want to be victims, they're brand obsessed to the point where their identities are based on what kind of consumption they do the most. It's a frightening subgroup of people. I also play video games all the time, and think Bloodborne is the greatest work of fiction of the 21st century across all mediums so as always i'm a hypocrite too. Love video games, hate video gamers.

The Witcher had some really cool world design for it's time, and all the space seemed to be used well. I just can't remember a single thing about the story and I was very checked out of it's narrative early on. I really only remember enjoying one quest and that was the one where the children get eaten by some really hideous creatures no matter what you do. I feel like so much of it was bleak for the sake of bleakness to be edgy and I thought the sex was very male gaze-y and gross, the same way mass effect allowed lesbian relationships but not gay ones (which I think they fixed later?) just sex written by and for the kind of gross dudes who get excited over video game breasts.

But I guess I can't say I hated the game too much, the sex was skippable, and Volcel Geralt made for some funny interactions unintentionally, i'm glad their adding a no nudity option in Cyberpunk. I did also finish the game which took like 70 hours, but it doesn't stick with me at all, were it possible i'd have those 70 hours of my life replaced by something else that would have been either more entertaining or been to some personal benefit. I hope some day a doctor doesn't tell me if I had just spent 70 hours more exercising i'd have lived longer lol.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I really only remember enjoying one quest and that was the one where the children get eaten by some really hideous creatures no matter what you do.

Nah there's a way to prevent that, but Anna gets punished instead.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

I can't get into Valhalla at all right now. I still haven't even left Norway yet but it's just not grabbing me.

I'm too busy playing the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn. The v1.08 patch has finally quashed most of the bugs, so it's a pretty awesome play experience at 5120x1440 on a 1080Ti. I usually use my PS4 controller for it, but if it's a precision archery trial for the hunter's lodges I just go back to keyboard and mouse.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

all I've played for like the last 2 weeks is sid meier's pirates and card games.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the greatest romance in gameing is me and the ironclad's upgraded limit break card in slay the spire

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i will never stop getting excited over video game breasts

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kvantum posted:

I can't get into Valhalla at all right now. I still haven't even left Norway yet but it's just not grabbing me.
I'm not far out of Norway, but England seems much more interesting.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's kind of a slow game. It picks up when you get to England. If you're still not into it after doing some of the first England zones it might not be for you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is God's most perfect movie. Love cartoons, love gags

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

It's a marvel in it's animation, it's ability to mesh together all these different cartoons, it's ability to tell an interesting story, and it's just absolute weird cartoon horniness.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm very glad Who Framed Roger Rabbit is able to tell the story of the automotive industry's destruction of American public transit in major cities.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/11/29/joe-biden-unite-cat-dogs-champ-major-white-house-pets/6458586002/

One - Major, the Biden's dog, is a rescue. That's nice.

Two - Isn't it refreshing to have a news story regarding the White House where your initial reaction isn't "OH DEAR CHRIST WHAT NOW?"

(the above is a general statement, not a political one. Don't dunce at me)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a marvel in it's animation, it's ability to mesh together all these different cartoons, it's ability to tell an interesting story, and it's just absolute weird cartoon horniness.

Richard Williams was the god of cartoons.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Every single person involved in making cartoons is a giant pervert.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
which are better: video game breasts, or cartoon breasts

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

which are better: video game breasts, or cartoon breasts

cartoon but not anime

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

I watched this and Cool World back to back recently and the quality difference is unreal.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Man, all the 'Gamers sucks and should be thrown into the sun' talk makes me very sad because I am extremely a gamer but at the same time I know the collective reputation is deserved.
I've been on this sphere for 41 years, had time to cultivate all the interests in the world but ultimately most of the world either bores or overwhelms me. I barely watch things and almost never listen to things. It's been...2 years since I watched a movie beginning to end. Even making it through Dynamite is tough and I love AEW. Games are just about the only thing that can hold my attention.

All that having been said; wanna buy AC: Valhalla. Probably will buy AC: Valhalla but I've already spent so drat much this month between Yakuza and Watch Dogs (and a bunch of magic cards I can't use right now because I'm back in isolation). Shouldn't have bought Watch Dogs but I needed to buy loving Watch Dogs to take my mind off of election bullshit. Wrong game, right time. Yakuza 7 was both amazing and deeply flawed. Also Yakuza 7 is the only Yakuza IMO. I don't know who this Kiryu dude is but he doesn't have Dragon Quest brain so not interested. I mean the dude Straight up whupped Ichiban's rear end but he's been grinding for 7 games and is basically a living Asura/Majin so I don't hold it against Ichiban.

Also; Video Game breasts > Cartoon breasts. Cartoon Breasts just...they go too far sometimes.

Also Also: Roger Rabbit is no lie one of my favorite movies. Top 5 for sure. It is a miracle that movie got made and it took full advantage of the opportunity.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I had a weird craving for some Doritos today. When I do eat these kinds of chips I always use chop sticks because the residue is so terrible. They were buy one get one so I got the Post Malone flavor, they taste horrible, I’m looking at the deep, evil red stains on my chopsticks grateful it’s not searing my flesh.

The commercials where they brag about the residue and show stylish people smearing it on white jeans, etc are like a horror film.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I have that problem whenever I eat beef ribs. I use BBQ sauce (literally the only thing I use BBQ sauce on) and they are so drat messy. I keep wanting to put gloves on when I eat them but I don't want the ribs to taste like latex.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if you are afraid of gettin mess on your hands idk what to tell you. just wash your hands after? dont wear super nice clothes while eatin anything that might make a mess on you, and if you cant help it just wear a bib. if you gotta eat dorits with chopsticks idk just stop touching your clothes after eatin them or dont eat em at the keyboard while click clackin away

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
imagine if eating pizza with a fork was socially acceptable

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
pyf ways to eat pizza.

mine is folded, 1 handed, walking down a crowded street, waiting for someone to yell at

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I eat hot Cheetos with chopsticks because I don't want to risk touching my eyes or other sensitive parts of the body with hot cheeto dust, plus it feels fancy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oscar Isaac eats his Cheetos with chopsticks too. I will never besmirch someone for being a visionary, of coming up with new ways to think and live.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i eat pizza by cutting a bit of a slice off with a knife and fork, then placing that piece into my slap chop where i slap it several times then pour the bits into my mouth out of the plastic holder. i allow the pizza to be slightly broken down by my saliva, then return it to the slap chop where i slap chop it three to five more times before repeating the step where i pour it into my mouth. after that i wait 2 minutes and then swallow. hate staining my teeth too much

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MotU posted:

if you are afraid of gettin mess on your hands idk what to tell you. just wash your hands after? dont wear super nice clothes while eatin anything that might make a mess on you, and if you cant help it just wear a bib. if you gotta eat dorits with chopsticks idk just stop touching your clothes after eatin them or dont eat em at the keyboard while click clackin away

I'm not going to risk my finest silks to the whims of Dorito dust.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
you know, they say messy eaters are better lovers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've spent the post-Roger Rabbit night watching old 30s-50s cartoons and I can definitively say that Cartoon Boobs > Video Game Boobs

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hold my food in place with my hands, then sink my teeth in and violently whip my head back and forth to tear it apart, like an intellectual.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i hate gamers more than i hate big assholish publishers.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel like so much of it was bleak for the sake of bleakness

its based one polish legends that were written into a book by a polish writer who had his game made into a polish game studio.

i think the polish people get to be bleak because that's their whole gimmick.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The sensation of having the BBQ sauce on my fingers at all is the unpleasant part. I always wash my hands immediately after I'm done eating.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mekchu posted:

i hate gamers more than i hate big assholish publishers.

?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If you like AC games but hate the Assassin gameplay part of it, you’ll like Valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Andrzej Sapkowski, the writer of the witcher, hates video games, and his book is very upbeat and doesn't have any monsters, romance, or men in it