Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/tactful/status/1331206835970461697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Can we just rename the spymaster role in CK games to "spy enthusiast" for clarity?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
THIS BABY IS THE SUBWAY BUTCHERER!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I have full faith in my royal physician, Dr. a Muirebe

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I have full faith in my royal physician, Dr. a Muirebe

:chloe: that guy exposes himself to people, barry

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Intelligent women no longer confront their pregnant lesbian lovers asking if they are the father of their child. Stupid women, however, still have a chance to ask this."

This loving game. :allears: At least they have the self-awareness to make fun of themselves for their more bizarre bugs.

Cardiovorax has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Nov 24, 2020

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cardiovorax posted:

"Intelligent women no longer confront their pregnant lesbian lovers asking if they are the father of their child. Stupid women, however, still have a chance to ask this."

This loving game. :allears: At least they have the self-awareness to make fun of themselves for their more bizarre bugs.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when a dev doing bugfixes had a eureka moment.

"Well this is a pretty simple fix, but what if..."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Whoever is working on these must be having a ball, I'd bet that much.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Cannot confide in friends you don't have... I feel attacked.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Elfface posted:

Cannot confide in friends you don't have... I feel attacked.

why don't you tell someone about it

lmao loving owned

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Captain Monkey posted:

why don't you tell someone about it

lmao loving owned

That was vile.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1331285108796567558?s=20

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Children are not allowed to leave school and will therefore always die when a meteor hits the building. Checks out.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

reminds me of dwarf fortress patch notes

quote:

Made them care about clothes more
Fixed a bug where animals could rent rooms
Fixed bug with animals picking out clothes to wear
Fixed bug with mules making GBS threads luggage
Cleaned up the bear situation
Added cat butchery
Fixed problem with undead passing out from strangling
Made the corpses of small animals that die out of water stop teleporting
Made dwarves care if you melt down their masterpieces
Stopped soldiers from going to parties
Added mouths
Added an aperture flag that stops mouths from being gouged out
Stopped children from buying shops
Stopped happy thoughts from sleeping in beds in amazing dining rooms
Fixed bug where all the local rock turned into sky whenever migrant groups were created anywhere in the world
Made semimegabeasts get along better with their cave friends
Fixed a problem with blood hanging in the air
Stopped elves from being pleased with unethical trades
Stopped children and babies from joining you on your adventures
Allowed dwarves to get married
Made thieves and their support groups respect each other
Stopped booze food from melting, even though it probably should
Made dungeon masters happy with their cloaks and boots again
Made all undead respectful of one another
Fixed problem with the king coming early and not actually showing up
Stopped aerial births
Fixed problem causing dwarves to target harmless insane people while making evil creatures spare them and babies
Stopped looping dwarves from constantly trying out gloves and boots when they should just pick one and go
Alligators have hair and other unintended attributes
Rain kills everything it lands on
Dwarves given their choice of weapons will choose ones too big to use
Humans in Farming houses are naked
Tigerman does not have ears
Blind cave bears have front toes on both front and rear feet
Magma crabs drown in magma
Dead dwarves remain in their squads
RODENT MAN has no teeth
Honeycombs get encrusted with jewels
Zombie hens claiming nests and laying "regular" eggs
Dwarves come to hospital to Rest without injuries (and also endless tooth surgery)
Dwarves play tug of war with caged animals marked for slaughter
Serpent Men can Kick
ALL primates have front and back legs (with accompanying feet), no arms or hands, yet have fingers, somewhere
Rodent men don't use their new teeth to bite
Ghost of vampires still drink blood
Sleeping on a melting iceberg results in waking up as a demon or other underground creature
Boots don't count as shoes, military gets bad thoughts
Vampire accuses baby of killing victim
Dwarf children die from embarassment at not being dressed at age 2
Weasels probably shouldn't be found on glaciers
Undead cat can adopt dwarf
Vampires who have been scouts brag about murders they committed while scouting
Undead dwarf contracted were-chameleon curse
Dwarf misses completely unrelated dwarf
Fat dwarves eating causes lag
Copper coins pass through this boar when thrown at it
Zombies start conversation with necromancer adventurer who tries to sleep in their house
Dwarf tries to clean missing body part
Animals all try to graze from pasture's top left corner, starvation ensues
Social skill gains by attending parties is off the charts
Animals get attached to clothes they're wearing
Animal breeding is prevented if animals aren't "willing to marry"
Moon snail men can't punch or see
Cats dying for no reason - alcohol poisoning?
Seems impossible to satisfy a need for "introspection"
Frozen in time; no way to re-enter time continuum
Incorrect use of "whom" in elf.txt
Nonlethal fall onto upright spike causes unreasonably high skill gain
Dwarfs refuse to use picks after unforbidding said picks while traders are present with their own picks
Giraffe is trainable for war
All animals are described as "Gigantic"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Giraffe is trainable for war
...this should not have been fixed.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ruzihm posted:

Serpent Men can Kick

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/XYsADKd.mp4
Aw gently caress, my torch flame disappeared in AC Valhalla too. Maybe tenth generation consoles will finally have the ability to consistently represent fire

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh that's just the animus saving cpu cycles, it's canon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who knows where we even are in the timeline at this point, they're probably still on WinXP or something.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I always thought that the animus looks more like an Apple product. All those curves and white plastic, y'know.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I thought teh animus came from japan?!?!?!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/GoneEFK/status/1332378978531897345

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

what game is that?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Looks like Red Dead Redemption 2's online thing

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Looks like Red Dead Redemption 2's online thing
that is my understanding
Edit: https://twitter.com/GoneEFK/status/1332307473257127938

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Nov 28, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

guess the map might not be big enough

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/w74qh2X.mp4
OH HEY, WHATCHA TALKING ABOUT? SOMETHING COOL? ANYWAY, BYE

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Posting this again, because it's the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DzsFMsIZPM&t=34s

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Is it just me or does Valhalla look uncannily similar to Skyrim sometimes?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Is it just me or does Valhalla look uncannily similar to Skyrim sometimes?

The outdoor environments look great, but a lot of the interiors are kinda clunky looking and it definitely suffers from a case of NPC Potato People.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I didn't really mean that it looks bad, just that it has an astoundingly similar aesthetic. Then again, I suppose they are both trying to be fantasy Scandinavia, one of them just has fewer elves.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
All of the Norse (and Norse-inspired) fantasy games basically look the same to me. If you showed me screenshots of Valhalla, Skyrim and the new God of War, I'm pretty sure the only way I could tell them apart is by the fact that I remember the design of the gruff beardo in God of War.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The funny thing about Valhalla is that it kind of does a plot zag and is actually mostly concerned with invading and uniting various English provinces as your allies, most of what you see outside your warriors and base settlement is actually Saxons and ancient Roman poo poo. Obviously you still see a lot of Viking stuff, but a much bigger portion of the game than I expected is spent with that as the minority contrasting against other stuff.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cleretic posted:

All of the Norse (and Norse-inspired) fantasy games basically look the same to me. If you showed me screenshots of Valhalla, Skyrim and the new God of War, I'm pretty sure the only way I could tell them apart is by the fact that I remember the design of the gruff beardo in God of War.

Goon pretends he doesn’t know Kratos’ name.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I was pondering for a while how this was possible, but I finally realized a way it could happen.

They're probably suppressing errors when loading Miles' in-game model, and it fails(presumably due to some disk read error of some kind, but it could be anything) to load early on in the process, leaving a null reference that gets skipped for any "set active model" code, so he's being rendered with whatever the last model rendered in the frame was. Since moving around the city changes render order of background objects as they get loaded and unloaded it switches what's being shown.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not..really a 'glitch' I guess, but..Remember how Halo was clever with checkpoint issues, where if you died really fast after loading a checkpoint a few times it'd roll back to the previous one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPpvHeSzc-E

I wish more games did that..

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

good dodge

https://i.imgur.com/mUKOD7E.mp4

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Captain Monkey posted:

Goon pretends he doesn’t know Kratos’ name.

She. And I know Kratos' name, but I wanted to underline that all three of those screenshots would have gruff beardos, it's just that Kratos is the only one I could pick out of a lineup.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The nipples are very distinctive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cleretic posted:

to be fair god of war is literally the only one with a defined character. Valhalla lets you play as either a dude or gal viking and skyrim has a handful of fantasy races to choose from.