Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I hope I live long enough to die to COVID-69. and if I do, know that I'm doing it ironically and not just because I'm 80

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Molestrios stop asking the mods to change your username to "gio is gay"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fluoride Jones posted:

I swear a not insignificant number of people in this dead gay board think you can kill whoever you want if you have a Trump sticker on your car

its true murder is legal now

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pizza Knight could kick Hasan's rear end, he is cowering all the way through Demon's Souls

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Fluoride Jones posted:

Certainly, but if you're a government official in the midst of a public health crisis making GBS threads your pants over a bunch of strapped grandads doing the electric slide on your capitol building's steps because you're thinking about doing a stay at home order is at best bitchmade poo poo and at worst a dereliction of duty

this is dumb and delusional and Im too lazy to have to go over everything that happened in april and may

there is a wikipedia article though if you want to read. Im not going to because I remember what happened but may be good for you to refresh you memory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_anti-lockdown_protests

its of course also kind of pointless in the end to lock down when you are dealing with american many of who refuse to quarantine and cooperate with contact tracing lol.

Ringo Roadagain has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Nov 30, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this rules lmao just photoshop it so the straps actually fit

and it’s a Rift S instead of the CV1

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Nov 30, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slanderer posted:

who talks like this?

I'm trying to reconstruct the person from the posting voice and I'm coming up with a brundlefly of Nathan J Robinson and the Nostalgia Critic.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cranksgiving and all of yall are invited

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cranksgiving and it’s what I’m doing tonight

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is dumb and delusional and Im too lazy to have to go over everything that happened in april and may

there is a wikipedia article though if you want to read. Im not going to because I remember what happened but may be good for you to refresh you memory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_anti-lockdown_protests

its of course also kind of pointless in the end to lock down when you are dealing with american many of who refuse to quarantine and cooperate with contact tracing lol.

quote:

On April 15, 2020, an estimated 3,000 people took part in a protest they called "Operation Gridlock" in the area surrounding the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing.[40] Most protestors remained in their vehicles, jamming the streets around the capitol building, although around 150 protested on the capitol lawn.[19] The protest lasted eight hours.[41] The protest caused delays during a shift-change at Sparrow Hospital.[42] Police described the protesters as respectful, with most trying to maintain social distancing; no arrests were made.[43]

Protesters complained of loss of work and other economic hardship caused by the state government's coronavirus response. Some felt that if they were not sick, that they should have the freedom to continue with their normal routine.[44] Others claimed violation of their civil liberties or expressed opposition to Governor Gretchen Whitmer's administration.[45] Some protesters lived in more rural areas of Michigan that had not seen as many coronavirus cases as the cities of Detroit or Flint.[46]

On April 30, a second protest occurred when hundreds of protesters, many carrying firearms, gathered at the Michigan Capitol. Many protesters were able to enter the building. The demonstration was organized by the conservative group American Patriot Council .[47] The protest was much smaller than the one on April 15, but the show of firearms and the violent tone of some of the signs indicated that things were changing.[48] Some protesters compared the Governor to Adolf Hitler while children danced in masks of Donald Trump and Barack Obama on the steps of the Capitol.[49][50] Governor Whitmer extended the state of emergency regardless.[51]

On May 14, more armed protesters, organized by the group Michigan United for Liberty, gathered outside the Michigan State Capitol.[52] The organization's Facebook group was deleted over death threats against Governor Whitmer and a fight broke out over a doll tied to a noose at the protest.[53] The Michigan Legislature closed its scheduled session to avoid the possibility of another armed confrontation inside the chamber.[54]

On May 20, seven hairdressers were ticketed for cutting hair on the steps of the Michigan State Capitol because they were intentionally violating social-distancing orders.[55]

A peaceful demonstration of prayers organized by the religious non-profit Transformation Michigan was performed on the Capitol lawn on May 28.[56]

poo poo man you're right this is terrifying. Eight whole hours of protests

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Slanderer posted:

who talks like this?

twitter libs. that “loving fascist” girl who went viral
for a day on twitter.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Fluoride Jones posted:

poo poo man you're right this is terrifying. Eight whole hours of protests

yes? I mean Id probably pretty scared if people came into the building I worked in or something with guns but I dont know maybe you are more badass than me or something and arent afraid of people with guns.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ringo Roadagain posted:

i don't know, maybe australia is too culturally different from america but we had a few protests and people refusing to wear masks. everyone yelled at them and they went away eventually. we don't have guns but we do have 2/3rs of our media owned by murdoch who were trying real hard to smear (mostly) labor government officials who were proponents of strict lockdowns

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

crepeface posted:

i don't know, maybe australia is too culturally different from america but we had a few protests and people refusing to wear masks. everyone yelled at them and they went away eventually. we don't have guns but we do have 2/3rs of our media owned by murdoch who were trying real hard to smear (mostly) labor government officials who were proponents of strict lockdowns

good point but I feel like americans are exceptional assholes. No one was really yelling at these people. They were being encouraged if anything.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

good point but I feel like americans are exceptional assholes. No one was really yelling at these people. They were being encouraged if anything.

I can just sub this quote in wherever I want, that's the beauty of it. it can just apply to anything and everything

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yes? I mean Id probably pretty scared if people came into the building I worked in or something with guns but I dont know maybe you are more badass than me or something and arent afraid of people with guns.

I would think, especially if you were a legislator in michigan, that you would be pretty used to protestors and people in general open carrying seeing as how they have one of the most liberal open carry laws

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Fluoride Jones posted:

I would think, especially if you were a legislator in michigan, that you would be pretty used to protestors and people in general open carrying seeing as how they have one of the most liberal open carry laws

I figure if that was the case it wouldn't be that big of a deal then? But it seemed like it was a big deal. I dont think people enter the a state capitol building with fire arms like that very often. I mean, when the black panthers did it in cali in the 70s or whatever that seemed like it was a pretty big deal. probably also had something to do with them being black yeah, but still, armed protesters occupying a state capitol doesnt seem something very normal. I doubt the people who worked there are used to it.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I figure if that was the case it wouldn't be that big of a deal then? But it seemed like it was a big deal. I dont think people enter the a state capitol building with fire arms like that very often. I mean, when the black panthers did it in cali in the 70s or whatever that seemed like it was a pretty big deal. probably also had something to do with them being black yeah, but still, armed protesters occupying a state capitol doesnt seem something very normal. I doubt the people who worked there are used to it.

Regardless of how used to it they were Whitmer extended the state of emergency anyway so if your argument is that we possibly can't consider taking any emergency mitigation measures because a bunch of Michael Moore background subjects are gonna walk into the Capitol with guns and then not use them I guess I don't see what we're supposed to be worried about.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

if you work at the Texas legislature or just lobby there a lot of people get concealed carry permits because they let you skip the line under the logic you’re pre-approved to carry weapons anyway so come on it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

if i ever have money i want to adapt a VR headset to a portable DIY thermal imager/night vision/other extra-human senses setup that can show you a greater slice of the EM spectrum than human vision usually allows. like the cool imager binoculars you see in anime.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Look, you can't advertise that and underline it. People think it's a link, they get their hopes up, and then nothing.:colbert:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what if it was Hill Shilly Elegy and it's a collection of Clinton's speeches to Wall Street

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I agree with Nick Mullen's take on the lockdowns

no, I don't remember what they were, but I do remember they were controversial and dumb

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1332425585671495681

new zealand didn't have monthly stimulus payments (not sure what a cheque is)...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you're mistaken, new zealand is part of australia which definitely gave out regular payments

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If a bunch of armed men showed up at my work I would just get high in the bathroom and wait for them to leave

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Gio posted:

thinking about stav saying the poo poo they say on the podcast is funny when they do it and not when others try to imitate it rn

It was like, the first case he addressed on his "Stavvy solves your problems" show as well.

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kunster posted:

It was like, the first case he addressed on his "Stavvy solves your problems" show as well.

My favorite was the guy who called asking about the appropriate level of playful workplace racism

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Taintrunner posted:

or you could be mad at both instead of being a loving moron making excuses for the gently caress it let’s go hog wild superspreader dipshits who have been told time and time again how to not contribute to uncontrolled spread for the past nine loving months, you illiterate cad

shut up you tedious fuckin moron

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

"im barack obama and i'm ryan schutt and i'm gay"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything taintrunner posts sounds like hes somehow having a panic attack mid post and basically go outside my gamer

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

taintrunner should have to pay everyone itt to be able to post

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

taintrunner should have to pay everyone itt to be able to post

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the go outside advice applies to a lot of people here

OctoberCountry