Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Guess I'll spam a few more octavia vault runs before it hits console. 2/3 on those damnable weapon parts

They're big, dumb, dead robots. They don't deserve a fair fight, they deserve a real death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Any reviews on the Catabolyst? The idea of hosing dudes down with a stream of piss and then throwing my empty bladder at them really speaks to me. It's good, right?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i dont suppose any ps4 goons have a spare tipedo prime handle laying around? i have a feeling its gonna be a long time before i run across one

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

i dont suppose any ps4 goons have a spare tipedo prime handle laying around? i have a feeling its gonna be a long time before i run across one

I do, and you're welcome to have it. I'll be on in a few hours from now, after work.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Guilty posted:

Any reviews on the Catabolyst? The idea of hosing dudes down with a stream of piss and then throwing my empty bladder at them really speaks to me. It's good, right?

So you're going to piss on the moon of Deimos?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Guilty posted:

It's quite a lot stronger than I thought it would be. The beam doesn't have any gimmicks to it like a lot of our other favorite crowd melters or the new tentacle gun as a primary, but that grenade gimmick is very strong.

It's not a huge aoe but it's big enough. The only critique of it that I have is that the reload is a little slow out of the box so you have to decide if you want to speed that up or if you want really dumb numbers.

It also has this weird balance of kind of feeling like it has a smaller mag even after they buffed it a bit, but then again you do more damage if you reload when it's empty so sometimes I wish it had less.

If it's not popular this will be a fun gun for rivens whenever it's dispo gets changed.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

It's worth a look due to being a Corrosive-element gun. It's worth an even closer look when you look at the critical multiplier on its primary fire and its reload fire.

DE seems to be going in hard on combination "shoot and boom" guns and this one looks to be a good accompaniment to the Trumna.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Pipski posted:

I do, and you're welcome to have it. I'll be on in a few hours from now, after work.

you are awesome! I'll probably be hopping in and out of the game this afternoon, PSN is anthrovore.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

you are awesome! I'll probably be hopping in and out of the game this afternoon, PSN is anthrovore.

I'm on a Euro schedule -- probably miss each other today, but I'll keep an eye out for ya. Pretty sure we've coincided on there before.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Amazing, can't wait to throw piss bladders everywhere

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Guilty posted:

Amazing, can't wait to throw piss bladders everywhere

Protip you can make the stream brown and it's just a chunky crap stream (I just hit 'copy warframe colors' and it ended up like that, but I can recommend)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

cynic posted:

Protip you can make the stream brown and it's just a chunky crap stream (I just hit 'copy warframe colors' and it ended up like that, but I can recommend)

Oooh I dunno. Let's start with the pee stream and see how we like it. I'm just getting into this whole scene now

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Streaming from home has started. Its about sounds. Everything but lavos is pushed back to 2021. Free warframe slot for the drop.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I was away for a while, and now I can't put pets in stasis any more? Now I'm going to feel guilty all the time, because I love my robot buddy more. :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a good thing, they got rid of stasis and just made companions easily equippable like sentinels

Guilty
May 3, 2003

prefect posted:

I was away for a while, and now I can't put pets in stasis any more? Now I'm going to feel guilty all the time, because I love my robot buddy more. :(

Nah that's a good thing. Putting pets in stasis because they would arbitrarily waste away and die was a dumb mechanic anyways. Now they're always happy and healthy and you can take any of them on adventures as you see fit

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
As an added bonus, they work well with load outs now, so you can have your forever-cat on your just loving about load out, while keeping your luckykatte on your farming load out, etc.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i think i lucked out and got a sahasa kubrow on my first attempt, the energy orbs that it finds with Dig makes me not even really want to use anything else

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm a Nidus main so the Panzer Vulpaphyla is just so good since it does great spreading damage and heals me like crazy. I'm slowly farming up for the kavat incubator and I'll miss not having Panzer around whenever I'm farming something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guilty posted:

Nah that's a good thing. Putting pets in stasis because they would arbitrarily waste away and die was a dumb mechanic anyways. Now they're always happy and healthy and you can take any of them on adventures as you see fit

They're always happy and healthy now? Okay, that helps; I will feel a little less guilty now.

But I'm still sticking with Helios Prime, because he rules. :D

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

prefect posted:

They're always happy and healthy now? Okay, that helps; I will feel a little less guilty now.

But I'm still sticking with Helios Prime, because he rules. :D

There's... a unique kind of build you can do with Deconstructor Prime that will overcome it's 0% crit chance to go straight to red crits. Basically, you build up your melee combo and your sentinel receives 30% crit additive for each combo multiplier you have. Gimmicky, but you can make Helios Prime really buff! :supaburn:

https://overframe.gg/build/1113/deconstructor-prime/crazy-red-crits-in-a-blink/

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 30, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I thought that only affected your weapons, not helios? IE, deconstructor is a mule to get redder-crit warframe melee?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Guilty posted:

Now they're always happy and healthy and you can take any of them on adventures as you see fit

More specifically:
Loyalty hasn't changed but only applies to the pet currently roaming your orbiter, which is usually the one you last took on a mission. If that pet is a kubrow it will still get a little sad when you don't log in for a day.
Once you have the Nutrio Incubator Segment, genetic stability stops going down and you no longer have to feed any pets GeneSnax.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm unreasonably excited for the alchemist frame and i want to see what the skills are already

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

TheParadigm posted:

I thought that only affected your weapons, not helios? IE, deconstructor is a mule to get redder-crit warframe melee?

Yes, that's a stat stick deconstructor there. Deconstructor is still a murder weapon with it's 100% always headshot targeting and huge base damage.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Interestingly, noticed last night that Lavos shows up in the Mend the Family prompts as the namesake of one of the "tinctures" you can get (which, like all the others, are grossly overpriced for what you get). Considering the compressed timeline to get him released and the ongoing Deimos expansion focus, odds on a Baruuk situation where he's a rep buy from the Entrati with some annoying resource gate?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Who wants to bet that the resource gate - like seeming half the annoying rear end deimos resources such as ores - takes stuff from the other two open worlds so you have to jaunt around to get all the alche-missed stuff you forgot over the last year?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I mean, Bonewidow uses stuff from Earth and Venus, so that wouldn't be too surprising.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

That requirement is baked into the ore recipes anyway

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

loving travoride man

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

And god help you if you have a resource drop chance booster, NO ORE FOR YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I started messing around with Equinox Prime and man, she can melt the map.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

BMan posted:

And god help you if you have a resource drop chance booster, NO ORE FOR YOU

Oh wow I never put that together before. They gotta make ore more deterministic. Trying to get these mats is just a slot machine that only delivers frowns sometimes.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:siren: :siren: :frogsiren: Warframe Streaming! https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Drops this week are Braton Vandal parts, which normally are somewhat rare ESO rewards (Weds/Thurs drops are 2% from rotation C, Mon/Tues are 4% from rotation B) rotation "B" sure to link your twitch profile and warframe account to get the drops

Monday: Braton Vandal Barrel
Tuesday: Braton Vandal Receiver
Wednesday: Braton Vandal Stock
Thursday: Braton Vandal Blueprint

that Monday stream is RIGHT NOWaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im gonna get up at 1 am thursday to get that fuckin drop

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Prop Wash posted:

that Monday stream is RIGHT NOWaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rip too late to get this part. Is the Braton Vandal even any good? I've got the Prime and was deeply unimpressed, only still have it because I don't junk primes.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

Rip too late to get this part. Is the Braton Vandal even any good? I've got the Prime and was deeply unimpressed, only still have it because I don't junk primes.

It's worse than the Braton Prime, IIRC. Mostly it's just notable for being particularly annoying-to-get mastery fodder if you didn't get one when they were free like 6 years ago.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

SkyeAuroline posted:

It's Mastery™

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Pseudoscorpion posted:

It's worse than the Braton Prime, IIRC. Mostly it's just notable for being particularly annoying-to-get mastery fodder if you didn't get one when they were free like 6 years ago.

i think they're sidegrades or close to it, since the vandal has higher crit, accuracy, and reload but a smaller magazine and lower fire rate or something like that. If you weren't impressed by Braton Prime (and why would you be?) you will not be impressed by Braton Vandal.

either way it's mostly just difficult to pick up mastery, and also reminds me I need to sell my spare Lato Vandal set before that goes up on a stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SkyeAuroline posted:

Its bad.