Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
There's currently a bug where unlanded heirs do not choose a lifestyle. This means they don't accumulate perks while you're ruling.

It's such a painful bug!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

crazysim posted:

There's currently a bug where unlanded heirs do not choose a lifestyle. This means they don't accumulate perks while you're ruling.

It's such a painful bug!

Don't they get bonus lifestyle xp to make up for this when they do acquire a title?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
As far as UI issues go, when you are choosing who to grant a title to, having the entire menu disappear when you click into an individual to examine them, that is one of the worst non-bug UX flows.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

crazysim posted:

It's such a painful bug!

yikes, is there a mod that fixes this yet?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

crazysim posted:

It's such a painful bug!

It makes sense - if they aren't a ruler they won't get any experience in ruling a realm

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

A God drat Ghost posted:

As far as UI issues go, when you are choosing who to grant a title to, having the entire menu disappear when you click into an individual to examine them, that is one of the worst non-bug UX flows.

Yeah it's really bad. Same with using the character finder to locate heretic rulers in your realm, the instant you try to interact with any of them it closes the character finder for some reason.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

crazysim posted:

It's such a painful bug!

I'm pretty sure this is how it's always worked, but when they become landed they will get an assortment of perks based on their age, so it really isn't that bad of issue.

If you're really that worried about it though just land your heirs.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
How do I assume direct control of a county my vassals holds? Do I just have to get myself in the line of secession somehow? I don’t think I can do anything with an unpressed claim either since I can’t go to war with my own dude.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Question: is it normal for concubines to become wandering guests? This is my first time playing a Norse and one of my concubines is off visiting other courts with two of my sons who I can no longer educate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

crazysim posted:

It's such a painful bug!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain this is intended.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

The Iron Rose posted:

How do I assume direct control of a county my vassals holds? Do I just have to get myself in the line of secession somehow? I don’t think I can do anything with an unpressed claim either since I can’t go to war with my own dude.

Revoke the title after you increase your crown authority.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
How do I make it so as emperor all my lands echo my crown authority? Do I have to hold all the kingdom titles too? I want all my vassals to go snap up all the weak counties around me and stop fighting each other and it's not happening even though I'm on crown authority 3.

Separate question, does it make sense to make a bunch of kingdoms and give them away and only keep one kingdom and it's dukes for my vassals? The last time I did that my income plummeted.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Your realm authority is uniform across your realm always, no need to do anything.

Granting Kingdom titles out is only worth it if you're at your vassal limit and have already mediatized all your count level vassals under dukes.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

PittTheElder posted:

Your realm authority is uniform across your realm always, no need to do anything.

Granting Kingdom titles out is only worth it if you're at your vassal limit and have already mediatized all your count level vassals under dukes.

So is it worth taking kingdom titles from my vassals then if I'm in a position to do that?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

If you have space in your vassal limit then yes. Gives you more vassals to manage so it's more of an attention tax, but you're objectively better off.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
How much of a tax/levy loss is it if my vassals don't like me because I don't own the dejure title over them? Like I never created their kingdom crown?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

It's 25% if they're two ranks below you, 50% if one rank. No penalty if they're a duke within your de jure Empire title.

Compare with with the 90% loss you'd take if you created the missing title and assigned to a vassal (since they only pass 10% up by default).

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Midgetskydiver posted:

I discovered this bug on a fresh game using the ruler designer.

We had a quick look at Friendly Counsel internally, and were unable to reproduce the bug with a ruler-designed character. Do you have any further info?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
As soon as I reformed Hellenism, every sing Orthodox province went from -10 general opinion to -90 and revolted all at once because they outnumber me 6:1 and even with MAA there's no way I can win this, is this supposed to happen?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

How can you not beat that? 6:1 should be trivial, especially against peasants with no MaA and often stacks with no leader.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
The hardest thing about dealing with huge peasant revolts is finding the stack that has the leader of the rebellion in it. If you destroy that stack you've got very good odds of capturing the leader which insta-ends the revolt.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

You can find him pretty quickly by opening the war panel, clicking the portrait of the leader, and then either double-clicking or hitting the go-to character button, it'll zoom you to the army with the leader.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

LordMune posted:

We had a quick look at Friendly Counsel internally, and were unable to reproduce the bug with a ruler-designed character. Do you have any further info?

I'm playing on the xbox version with a designed ruler from the early start date. I'm filling up the Diplomacy tree as I put points into Diplo for this character.

My stats before choosing Friendly Counsel are: 24 9 8 7 15 12

When I choose the Friendly Counsel Perk, they do not change even though I have 11 living friends

The first time I discovered this bug, I received the Perk choice as a bonus from an event so I thought maybe that was the issue, so I reloaded an earlier save and the event didn't trigger, so I earned the Perk through monthly xp and it still occurs. I have a saved game where I have the ability to choose the Perk but have not done so, if that would be helpful to send to you.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Spikes32 posted:

How do I make it so as emperor all my lands echo my crown authority? Do I have to hold all the kingdom titles too? I want all my vassals to go snap up all the weak counties around me and stop fighting each other and it's not happening even though I'm on crown authority 3.

Separate question, does it make sense to make a bunch of kingdoms and give them away and only keep one kingdom and it's dukes for my vassals? The last time I did that my income plummeted.

It's worth noting that I've noticed that with the decrease in AI aggression since 1.2 this also applies to my vassals expanding my realm for me, it seems significantly slower than before. I try to make sure vassals on my borders are strong and have March contracts and all but they seem to wage war pretty infrequently.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I am getting my catholic rear end kicked in holy wars this time around. Just utterly loving wiped out in three wars. Not sure what changed but it’s like allies really don’t want to band up to fight. They will band up to siege someone’s least important holding though

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Ah yes, EU4 disease.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, ally armies pretty much just hover around yours now. They'll help you out if you get in a battle, but otherwise they don't really do anything else.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, ally armies pretty much just hover around yours now. They'll help you out if you get in a battle, but otherwise they don't really do anything else.

I am pretty sure they pissed on the corpses of my armies as I got stack wiped

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

If you don't have any armies raised, or none within a dozen provinces, they'll happily fight battles and siege capitals. It's when you bring your troops in near that they try and support you, and it gets a little wonky sometimes. I've had them hang out a province away and siege while I'm also sieging, and then come join in if a fight happens. I've also had them sit there and watch me lose a close battle that we would have won if they joined in.

I think it might get worse the longer any given game session goes on?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sometimes they turn up and then just gently caress off for no reason.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

To be fair, maybe showing up and sometimes joining battles but mostly not is what ai rulers experience when they pull me into a war too.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Best Friends posted:

To be fair, maybe showing up and sometimes joining battles but mostly not is what ai rulers experience when they pull me into a war too.
Hey guys, I'm helping!

*raises 1000 levies, clicks towards ally's enemy's holding, goes back to the more important war*

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Midgetskydiver posted:

I have a saved game where I have the ability to choose the Perk but have not done so, if that would be helpful to send to you.

Thanks for the offer! We have repro cases on some potentially related issues now, so no rush — feel free to DM me a link if you already have it uploaded though :)

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Declaring on people in this game is a complete crapshoot. The AI can immediately ally and drag in people you'd have no idea were even on the table. Attacking a guy with 700 units suddenly means facing 5K, and no, I didn't miss any allies. Ridiculous.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The #1 QoL change I want right now is the ability to filter out incestuous marriage candidates. In multiple games now my dynasty has become so ubiquitous that filtering my "Find Spouse" list by positive genetic traits brings up a list that is something like 90% incestuous, but there are candidates on the list that are not. I just have to basically click every entry and see if the warning pops up.

Edit: It certainly doesn't help that if I, say, organize the list by age and in descending order, when I click on a candidate and then remove that candidate because it's incestuous, my organization disappears and it's again organized by "relevance". Ugh.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 1, 2020

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Magil Zeal posted:

The #1 QoL change I want right now is the ability to filter out incestuous marriage candidates. In multiple games now my dynasty has become so ubiquitous that filtering my "Find Spouse" list by positive genetic traits brings up a list that is something like 90% incestuous, but there are candidates on the list that are not. I just have to basically click every entry and see if the warning pops up.

Edit: It certainly doesn't help that if I, say, organize the list by age and in descending order, when I click on a candidate and then remove that candidate because it's incestuous, my organization disappears and it's again organized by "relevance". Ugh.

This! Yes. 100%.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

A God drat Ghost posted:

This! Yes. 100%.

Filter out your dynasty?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

THE BAR posted:

Declaring on people in this game is a complete crapshoot. The AI can immediately ally and drag in people you'd have no idea were even on the table. Attacking a guy with 700 units suddenly means facing 5K, and no, I didn't miss any allies. Ridiculous.

I’ve absolutely had this happen as well. The numbers when declaring a war are in no way representative of what the war will be. Going to war against an independent county in the early game and all of a sudden they’re dropping 10k troops on me with no alliances at the time of declaration

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Filter out your dynasty?

There are dynasty members that are distant enough to not count as incest and, incidentally, they also tend to have the best traits once you have the Strong Blood modifier. Plus, there can be family members that do count as incestuous partners who are not of your dynasty due to marrying off males matrilineally or women in normal marriages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
So I was busy being king and all, and suddenly I notice that my daughter is blind. How did it happen? I'm so curious.