Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What's Grogu's species called again? Maybe he'll just say that, like Pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Rinkles posted:

wonder what grogu's first words will be (had to google the name, already forgot the exact letters)

Dash Rendar

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

wonder what grogu's first words will be (had to google the name, already forgot the exact letters)

I am Grogu(t)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
This week's character poster:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mando needs to get that kid some actual toys. Like, he loves the shiny bauble, get him some papers and crayons or Space Lego

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
IMO, the worst episodes of any Star Wars animated show are the ones where they treat the Force like the magic in Harry Potter/D&D and plot accordingly.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

piL posted:

Dank ferrik

I wasn't quite sure, was this supposed to be a space swear word?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, you don't give a spear to a character portrayed by an actor who trained for months to fight with a spear on another famous fantasy show and then not have him fight with it. ...

Huh? What is this even talking about?? About the only thing Pedro Pascal has done in the last decade was Narcos.

So this thread moves really fast but... "Grogu," really? Really?? Did they ask George Lucas to name him, or something? What a terrible, terrible choice. I'm just going to ignore it and keep referring to him as Baby Yoda.

Still, loving this entire season so far, feels like they've been firing on all cylinders since episode 1. Love the plot, love all the action setpieces. It's like Star Wars done properly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Wars names are stupid

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Phenotype posted:

Huh? What is this even talking about?? About the only thing Pedro Pascal has done in the last decade was Narcos.

Game of Thrones. They're talking about Game of Thrones. I never watched it, but people on social media have been posting all kinds of pictures of Pedro Pascal in Game of Thrones with a spear, where apparently some serious poo poo went down.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Game of Thrones. They're talking about Game of Thrones. I never watched it, but people on social media have been posting all kinds of pictures of Pedro Pascal in Game of Thrones with a spear, where apparently some serious poo poo went down.

yeah YouTube that poo poo but maybe close it before the very end

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thrawn527 posted:

His head gets squashed and it’s very funny.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phenotype posted:

He was also in the second Kingsman movie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

His head gets squashed and it’s very funny.

Oh I remember seeing video of that now. Didn't know who Pedro Pascal was at the time.

Yeah, that was rough.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pedro gets some fun deaths

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

gently caress I forgot what happened to him in Kingsman

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thrown into the meat grinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt-ZN5wzLdQ

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yes, but it looks like I spelt it wrong

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Cartoon Man posted:

More eggs please

"Sooga!!!"

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's a mandolorian swear word.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Phylodox posted:

"Sooga!!!"

Cyka Bylat Mando.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Didn't see this posted before:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/rosario-dawson-dave-filoni-mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-grogu

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Phenotype posted:

How does I imdb?? Your quote even contained a massive hint in 'famous fantasy show'

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Great article, the whole thing. Thanks for sharing it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Was about to link this lol. Just finished reading it a moment ago; lots of nice on-set/production reveals surrounding the development of bringing Ahsoka into live-action. It really gives a good glimpse into both Dawson's and Filoni's headspace about that process. Dawson also talks about the lawsuit against her as well. A good read imo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lobok posted:

What's Grogu's species called again? Maybe he'll just say that, like Pikachu.

George Lucas decreed that "Yoda's species" doesn't have a name so we get dancing around the subject.

Phenotype posted:

How do you delete all memory HBO's game of thrones from your mind? Asking for a friend.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Butterfly Valley posted:

How does I imdb?? Your quote even contained a massive hint in 'famous fantasy show'

I think you're all falling for a trolling.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t ever want to forget the head squish.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i got bored with this show in season 1 and barely finished it, haven't bothered with season 2 but i heard from a friend that my favorite blue admiral is in the show? is that true

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not true. He gets named dropped

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CelticPredator posted:

Not true. He gets named dropped

ah ok ill check back next season then

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

mastershakeman posted:

i got bored with this show in season 1 and barely finished it, haven't bothered with season 2 but i heard from a friend that my favorite blue admiral is in the show? is that true

Why don't you try reading the thread for 2 seconds you loving cum guzzling piece of poo poo. gently caress sakes. Dank farrik

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Teek posted:

This week's character poster:

absolutely filled with disgust at how small her lekkus and montrals are........... this is not my Ashoka Tano

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

romanowski posted:

absolutely filled with disgust at how small her lekkus and montrals are........... this is not my Ashoka Tano

Relevant design implementation stuff from the Vanity Fair interviews:

VF: Can you describe the process of adapting Ahsoka from drawings and animation to real life? What has to change?

Filoni: It was a pretty amazing thing as we designed the costume and worked out all the details of that. Everything got considered to an unbelievable degree—the headtails, the horns, I can’t even tell you. It’s hard. It’s so rare a person in my position from animation gets to craft and guide the character’s jump to live-action.

Many tests were done, screen tests, because within the Volume [The Mandalorian set that creates backgrounds on a giant digital screen] it will tend to lean magenta. You have to worry about how a character like Ahsoka would look because the temperature that we have her orange could be dramatically different in the Volume than in stage shots. So there were tiny little considerations that had to be made and adjusted.

VF: How do you make sure that the makeup and headpiece don’t get in the way of the performance?

Filoni: Yes, it’s tricky. That was one of the big considerations. Performance-wise I don’t want her to be lost in all of this headgear and makeup, but she definitely is not. I kept things subtle in some ways with the markings. I mean, the funny thing is that the white markings over the brow are always done in animation to give an eyebrow performance. I didn’t want a brightly saturated character. Again, in animation it works, but in live-action I think it works another way, and so you just have to play with the values and see.

VF: There’s a lot of lightsaber fighting in this episode too. Was that a consideration with the headtail prosthetics?

Dawson: Everything was pretty firmly on. Everything was built specifically to my skull and body, and the headband that she has on with the tails actually clips in the back and holds it in place. We were doing stunts in it and everything, and it wasn’t going anywhere.

VF: What else had to happen as part of the transformation into Ahsoka?

Filoni: I said, “Well, Ahsoka’s eyes are blue and yours are not, but I don’t want you to worry about it. If you don’t want to go for that, we can just say that in this version they’re not.” And Rosario insisted. She’s like, “No, no, no. Let me try it.”

Dawson: I remember when I put the contacts on, that was when it really solidified—the headpiece, the tails, the shape, the coloring, everything. Doing the face marking, doing my skin, wearing the costume, all of that was absolutely incredible. But I still kind of felt like I was in cosplay. The second the contacts went in, it was Ahsoka. I felt like I disappeared.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SMDH Thrawn is a GRAND Admiral, you fools.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly I would think at this point in filmmaking they'd just change eye color in post

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

quote:

VF: Like Rey in The Force Awakens, the Mandalorian doesn’t really know the full Star Wars story. He has no idea who Yoda is. Is that why you turned to Ahsoka for this, so she can say, “Oh, yeah. I know what this thing is.…It’s a baby Yaddle!”

Filoni: No, that would have been the best moment ever. That’s the way I should have gone with it. [Laughs.]

God dammit!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

Why don't you try reading the thread for 2 seconds you loving cum guzzling piece of poo poo. gently caress sakes. Dank farrik

no, id get spoiled

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Honestly I would think at this point in filmmaking they'd just change eye color in post

Isn't that what they did with Ivar in Vikings at first? And he ended up looking like the drat Kwisatz Haderach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
loving mastershakeman waddling in here with his huge disgusting corpulence like his namesake and wrecking poo poo up with no honor or decency. makes me sick. vent this gently caress out the airlock IMO. mods?