Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Depending on how my pulls go, I could possibly C6 Barbara from the shop. That's pretty tempting. But definitely not getting her constellations unless I can get her C6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

Razor's a good character with very meaningful constellations. If he's one of your mains absolutely pull for them.

Yeah, even though he’s C0 Razor has done a ton of work as a second Abyss carry/in situations where using Klee is detrimental like domains that punish pyro reactions. Getting at the very least his C1 would be huge.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He's not really talked about much but he's one of the most rational carry choices for an f2p/budget player who pulls him, especially with Diona in the game (sry). I do enjoy swapping and elemental reactions and leveling 8 characters at once too much to use him myself but he's very strong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

He's not really talked about much but he's one of the most rational carry choices for an f2p/budget player who pulls him, especially with Diona in the game (sry). I do enjoy swapping and elemental reactions and leveling 8 characters at once too much to use him myself but he's very strong.

Yeah I have not been disappointed with my decision to buy razor with starglitter during the first month. He does great work.

Granted I also have qiqi who is his most ideal partner but still

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well despite all this talk I’m terrible with gacha currency, I noticed I was only a couple pulls away from a sure 4* and decided might as well see what I get before saving the rest... Lion’s Roar. :negative:

This banner is dead to me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I got bored enough to compare claymore attack chains and am pretty salty that Chongyun's is straight up worse than Razor's and Noelle's (Beidou's is so weird I'm not gonna try). It has worse damage scaling at every talent level and slower to complete the entire chain. Even with the frost field attack speed buff, it's slightly slower. C1 does bring it second only to Diluc, though. New banner can't come soon enough.

It does make me wonder how they decide on talent numbers sometimes. Like giving Amber's chain worse numbers than Fischl's across the board for reasons. Or Kaeya having surprisingly the most total damage in his chain, while Keqing has the second worst.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think what's most interesting to me is that Fischl has the best basic attack values for bow users, even above Childe. Although she only does 5 shots in a chain combo so maybe that's the balancing factor maybe? But then she gets a C1 that just takes it even further so who knows.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm actually a little sad I didn't buy Razor's C1 last month, but if I had, I wouldn't have had enough for Bennett and his C1 is much more important to me.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chongyun is "balanced" around constant freeze shatters, but the shatter damage isn't significant and the damage numbers assume you're using a water-based buff, which you may not always have.

the base attack stats are still balanced around considerable effects that may have been more significant in closed beta but aren't in live and is worth putting input on in the surveys

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I really hope they add fast party switching as more characters get added.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I feel like cryo may be balanced around achieving high crit chance, considering their resonance bonus and the datamined artifact set. It just kind of sucks that one of those wasn't released at launch.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

But holy poo poo the Abyss buff. They're definitely pushing Zhongli lol

What'd they do to the abyss? Turn 12 into a Geo floor or something?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mailer posted:

What'd they do to the abyss? Turn 12 into a Geo floor or something?

Can't find a source right now, but Enviosity showed a screenshot on stream that it was something about dealing damage when picking up a crystallize shard, as well as a buff while affected by the shield.

Could be fake. Hopefully a good source comes out soon. Or we'll just have to find out in 11 hours.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ashenai posted:

welp, Noelle confirming that Geo officially sucks

typically, it's Anemo characters that do the sucking—

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
So this is bullshit, I can no longer do Oceanid. I had been using Beidou with no problems a couple weeks ago but now somehow she is electrified in the water and periodically staggers and takes a 500 damage hit. It's not electrified water, she doesn't have the actual electro element on her at the time, it's just a random tick every 5 seconds or so. That stagger will always cause me to take massive damage. About to dodge a big hit? Nope, staggered and the dodge is cancelled. Just did the counter and need to move out of the way so you don't get hit? Nope, staggered and can't move fast enough. Get close to the edge of the platform and suddenly need to run away to avoid being knocked into the water and chain stunned? Nope, stagger hits and you can't move.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

nessin posted:

So this is bullshit, I can no longer do Oceanid. I had been using Beidou with no problems a couple weeks ago but now somehow she is electrified in the water and periodically staggers and takes a 500 damage hit. It's not electrified water, she doesn't have the actual electro element on her at the time, it's just a random tick every 5 seconds or so. That stagger will always cause me to take massive damage. About to dodge a big hit? Nope, staggered and the dodge is cancelled. Just did the counter and need to move out of the way so you don't get hit? Nope, staggered and can't move fast enough. Get close to the edge of the platform and suddenly need to run away to avoid being knocked into the water and chain stunned? Nope, stagger hits and you can't move.

Hmmm. Did you get her to C4 recently?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

gandlethorpe posted:

Can't find a source right now, but Enviosity showed a screenshot on stream that it was something about dealing damage when picking up a crystallize shard, as well as a buff while affected by the shield.

Could be fake. Hopefully a good source comes out soon. Or we'll just have to find out in 11 hours.

Yeah I can see it in my Abyss. Wasn't the last one increased damage when you're in a shield? So it's shield buffs twice in a row

When Crystallise occurs, the elemental Shard obtained by the character deals elemental DMG to the surrounding enemies. Increased DMG is dealt when the Shield is more powerful. DMG dealt scales based on Shield Strength

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Yeah I have not been disappointed with my decision to buy razor with starglitter during the first month. He does great work.

Granted I also have qiqi who is his most ideal partner but still

razor is a powerful unit, but both he and diona are situational to pull on depending on the other units you have. he's part of my abyss team but seriously between him and fischl there's no contest because she just drops like 20k+ physical damage in under a second with her autoattack and you get your reactions with oz

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Ashenai posted:

Hmmm. Did you get her to C4 recently?

Yes, but this happens before she even takes damage so her attacks get electrified. And even then, that shouldn't matter. I checked that I'm not standing in electrified water when I take the damage, which would be the result from her swinging with the electro effect.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElMudo posted:

Depending on how my pulls go, I could possibly C6 Barbara from the shop. That's pretty tempting. But definitely not getting her constellations unless I can get her C6.

Just checked my constellations and I am at C5.

:carol:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I heard you can just wait 15 minutes before you start an abyss floor to reset the C6. Is that true?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

nessin posted:

Yes, but this happens before she even takes damage so her attacks get electrified. And even then, that shouldn't matter. I checked that I'm not standing in electrified water when I take the damage, which would be the result from her swinging with the electro effect.

Was it raining? It sounds like either a bug or you had the wet status on you? Are you using Barbara or Xingqiu?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Topic of the Oceanid fight, the center platform will sometimes electrocute you randomly; I've had it happen at least once in every fight I've had against the thing for a while, sometimes before even starting the fight and when I'm not using an Electro character at all. It seems to be centered around where the blossom spawns; combined with me sometimes sparking Overload reactions chucking Klee mines at regular iron nodes (or even spaces where iron nodes used to be), I think there's something weird with how some of those entities work.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Petrify works on anything but bosses it seems. It petrifies shielded Abyss Mages. Zhongli best boy

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Petrify works on anything but bosses it seems. It petrifies shielded Abyss Mages. Zhongli best boy

What happens to the shields?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ashenai posted:

What happens to the shields?

They stay up, sadly -- the mage just gets CCed inside his shield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SEneA26ow&t=2791s (potential spoilers for story quest )

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
grinding out some friendship points with different characters than my usual squad, and lmao at the reveal that Ningguang is a tabletop wargamer

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avynte posted:

grinding out some friendship points with different characters than my usual squad, and lmao at the reveal that Ningguang is a tabletop wargamer

Technically, most army generals are.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I thought I understood how magical crystals work and then I realized I didn't. Two days ago (I set a 72 hour timer) I mined out all the spots I'd marked on my map from finding big caches of crystal ore as well as any magical crystal locations that I'd found. Yesterday I talked to the blacksmith and they pointed to a magical chunk location that I had mined two days ago and I went there and there was magical crystals as well as regular crystals. I left them because I was hoping if I just left everything on the three day rotation I could get it all at once. Today when I when I went to double check that location the magical crystals and the regular crystals were gone, and after going to the blacksmith to ask, there was a new magical crystal location in a spot I had mined out two days ago.

Anyway, I was really hoping I could just do everything every 3 days, and I obviously can do a bunch still, but it's worth grabbing the magic crystal patches with their regular crystals that they spawn every day. If there is something I am missing here please let me know.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
are magical crystals for anything except sinking resin into to turn into weapon xp?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Looking at the meager selection of polearms, I'm wondering if the 3* White Tassel might actually be a decent pick for a DPS Zhongli. You might be able to stack enough multipliers to match or even surpass Crescent Pike, and its CRIT Rate substat gives you room for stacking CRIT DMG.

With R5, White Tassel gives +48% damage to Normal Attacks. Bolide and Geo resonance are another +40% and +15%, respectively, for a grand total of +103% Normal Attack damage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

gandlethorpe posted:

Looking at the meager selection of polearms, I'm wondering if the 3* White Tassel might actually be a decent pick for a DPS Zhongli. You might be able to stack enough multipliers to match or even surpass Crescent Pike, and its CRIT Rate substat gives you room for stacking CRIT DMG.

With R5, White Tassel gives +48% damage to Normal Attacks. Bolide and Geo resonance are another +40% and +15%, respectively, for a grand total of +103% Normal Attack damage.

If you do this, let me know how it goes. I really want to build Zhongli as a main DPS.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

awesmoe posted:

are magical crystals for anything except sinking resin into to turn into weapon xp?
no

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

awesmoe posted:

Not that I've seen, but the patches come with a set of two extra regular crystal ore, from what I have seen, and they seem to despawn if you don't grab them the same day.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After pulling Diona earlier, I spent the rest of this banner trying to pull C1 to improve her burst and make her more of a base comp unit. The result?

C6 Beidou, C4 Ningguang, muddafokken C1 Childe (and some weapons).

And C0 Diona.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

After pulling Diona earlier, I spent the rest of this banner trying to pull C1 to improve her burst and make her more of a base comp unit. The result?

C6 Beidou, C4 Ningguang, muddafokken C1 Childe (and some weapons).

And C0 Diona.

I just watched an Mtashed video where he spent 20,000 primos on one of his subscribers accounts trying to get Diona and he got 1 at the very end when he was down to single pulls, lmfao. Targeting specific chars is kind of crazy, unless you're in the unique position where your last pull was a non-banner 5* and know your next one will be the banner char.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsyni posted:

I just watched an Mtashed video where he spent 20,000 primos on one of his subscribers accounts trying to get Diona and he got 1 at the very end when he was down to single pulls, lmfao. Targeting specific chars is kind of crazy, unless you're in the unique position where your last pull was a non-banner 5* and know your next one will be the banner char.

Well, I will just use Beidou and Ningguang more, I was fine with either of them, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled so much to begin with. Still, RNG giveth, RNG taketh. At least now I'll take a break for the whole next banner.

That said, out of 5R Debate, 2R Favonius, 2R Sacrificial, 3R Bell, which would be the best claymore for Beidou? Currently leaning towards Favonius, purely to fill her burst faster.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If you do this, let me know how it goes. I really want to build Zhongli as a main DPS.

Looking at the numbers, Crescent Pike probably still reigns supreme. I forgot about the physical DMG bonus on Pike, which brings its multiplier up almost as high as White Tassel. With high enough CRIT DMG, White Tassel could win out, but it'd be a close race.

Also, supposedly the pulsing damage can generate elemental orbs, which would be another point in Pike's favor.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

All the characters on this banner seem decent so I've kept throwing my daily primos at it. Ended up with Childe, 2 Ninguangs, Diona, a Beidou dupe, a Diluc dupe (lol), a Noelle dupe and a Rust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I know I'm going to pull a lot on the next banner; the question is when I switch over to the weapon banner.