Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Just chiming in to say hades is awesome. I’m not a huge fan of roguelikes but this one has me hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
My suspicions have borne fruit. And a book:

Thanks again, Santa #2!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A gift came in!

Postal Inspector Dexter wanted to be certain it was safe

A lovely gift note, with an instruction that I am sure to follow:

And here it is: four very nice bottles of Trappist beers.

Thank you, Santa! I'm very very happy with this.

by.a.teammate posted:

Omg! Thank you so much goon Santa! It's literally exactly what I wanted! And my daughter is VERY excited about the love hearts too! And a hand written letter, dunno why but this is a very nice touch. Big thanks hero goon!

Wow, that was quick! Glad it was the right thing, and I'm also glad your daughter likes the sweeties

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Received gift number 2 from occamsnailfile, Tsuro, the boardgame with a board so pretty I want to hang it up.

My kids have loved both of them. Thanks Goon Santa!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Big thanks to my santa for sending me these Orruk Brutes! These sculpts look like they're gonna be fun as hell to paint and it's a great way to kick off my Ironjawz!

In related news, I have compiled all of my santee's gift contents and will be mailing it out to them tomorrow afternoon!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

My Santee's gift components are on their way to me for consolidation.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I've received my santee's gifts and will be sending them out early this week. Get pumped, santee!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My gift has arrived!

An amazing gift especially with the handmade goonmas card! Thank you mystery santa!

My wife has already decided she wants to play as the boar people.

If there's a second round lightning round I'd sign up for that as well, maybe to late now?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
As promised earlier, kit breakdown and early build:

(bladeguard veteran for scale)

(sister of battle naturally attracted by spectacle of unit, for scale)

Thank you thegodofchuck, I greatly appreciate this gift of robot!!! I have not built a model kit this good in a long time! (ever? the engineering is incredible) I forgot how stress-free the MG line was until I started snapping stuff together, before I knew it I'd built the whole inner frame. I'm starting a new job this morning and this kit got me through a very anxious evening. 0 frustration, minimal seams and molds, only broke like two little things the whole time and they weren't even structurally important so it didn't matter (:sweatdrop:)

Looking forward to painting it! I am probably going to do some 40k bullshit with this, not gonna lie. Time to make some eyes roll at the tabletop.

Will be shipping my Santee's gift tonight or tomorrow depending on how my scheduling looks - new job and all, but I absolutely can't leave somebody on the hook after receiving so fine a robot

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 30, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like both the serious and silly gifts for my santee should have arrived over the weekend!

Where do we stand on the whole lightning round situation?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Mirthless posted:

As promised earlier, kit breakdown and early build:

(bladeguard veteran for scale)

(sister of battle naturally attracted by spectacle of unit, for scale)

Thank you thegodofchuck, I greatly appreciate this gift of robot!!! I have not built a model kit this good in a long time! (ever? the engineering is incredible) I forgot how stress-free the MG line was until I started snapping stuff together, before I knew it I'd built the whole inner frame. I'm starting a new job this morning and this kit got me through a very anxious evening. 0 frustration, minimal seams and molds, only broke like two little things the whole time and they weren't even structurally important so it didn't matter (:sweatdrop:)

Looking forward to painting it! I am probably going to do some 40k bullshit with this, not gonna lie. Time to make some eyes roll at the tabletop.

Will be shipping my Santee's gift tonight or tomorrow depending on how my scheduling looks - new job and all, but I absolutely can't leave somebody on the hook after receiving so fine a robot

Looks great so far! You should come join us in the Gunpla thread and show it off!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gift sent!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gift on its way!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

With the arrival of the SunStar Kadomaru Pro, I can begin turning rough cut cards (left) into elegant, nice to hold cards (right). With 4 sets of 9 cards left, thats a gross number of corners still to go, so I'm taking a break. Ho ho ho!

(This may be the easy part)

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

thegodofchuck posted:

My suspicions have borne fruit. And a book:

Thanks again, Santa #2!
Hope you enjoy them! I was blown away when I first started reading the series, and I'm psyched to be able to gift it with someone else.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My presents arrived! I got a copy of Cat Lady (nice) and baseball highlights 2045!

Thanks a bunch Santa, my card game collection grows.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Just sent my gift out! Got delayed by the holiday and moving into a new house.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

DigitalRaven posted:

A gift came in!

Thank you, Santa! I'm very very happy with this.

I hope you enjoy the La Trappe! I really rate everything they make, but especially their triple (though I'm biased, as the abbey is a 10 minute cycle from my front door). Note, however, that Santa's elves have informed me that you should expect further gifts in the coming days. Dongs may or may not be involved...

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Received my gift from Rhjamiz! Thank you very much!

I've heard a lot about Hive over the years but have never played. I definitely appreciate games that look simple at first glance but have plenty of strategy to become an expert. I've never been able to get my wife into chess, but I think she'll like this a lot.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hello as promised I eventually got around to opening the package!

It seems the Chaos Gods have decided to curse me with filthy elves!

And then bless me with Chaos, a proper omnibus!

Thanks, Santa! I've been meaning to read some of the Warhammer Fantasy fiction since I've been enjoying Warham2 a lot, so this is perfect!

Aggro posted:

Received my gift from Rhjamiz! Thank you very much!

I've heard a lot about Hive over the years but have never played. I definitely appreciate games that look simple at first glance but have plenty of strategy to become an expert. I've never been able to get my wife into chess, but I think she'll like this a lot.

You're welcome! There should be a second, slower package arriving soonish containing one of the expansion pieces, selected because people say it helps even out the game and keep things from snowballing.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Received gift number 2 from occamsnailfile, Tsuro, the boardgame with a board so pretty I want to hang it up.

My kids have loved both of them. Thanks Goon Santa!

You're welcome! Tsuro is a favorite of mine too, and Cat Crimes was too cute to pass up.

Also I just love this thread every year--everyone talks about what they love and then they get stuff they love and it makes them happy and it's a good thread. Thanks for running it for us Leperflesh!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
My Santee's gifts are all in hand at present. Now it's time to  clean & gut  prepare them so they can go out the door in the coming days.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I just read the rules. That's a sexy little game there!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aramoro posted:

If there's a second round lightning round I'd sign up for that as well, maybe to late now?

The Bloop posted:

Where do we stand on the whole lightning round situation?

OK so the first LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND only had two people sign up, so I've held it open through today. With Aramoro that puts us at the minimum of 3, so we can fire it off... but I have to caution you guys that Aramoro is in Scotland, and both of the other participants are US-based, so international gifting will be required for two parties!

I'll actually give this overnight and fire off the round tomorrow (tuesday) around midday US Pacific time, in case anyone else wants to jump in, because it's unlikely we'll fill a second bonus round.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I will also jump into the Lightning bonus round just to add an even further point of delivery!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
I'm happy to get in on the Lightning Round too!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey I can post again! gently caress it I'll go in on a Lightning Round

Reposting this so I'm searchable :v:

Gift Preferences
Board games would be my preference, please gift me a board game. I have several different groups I play with, so I'd be just as cool with a big heavy 10hr euro game as I am a light and easy party game. My favourite games at the moment are Feast for Odin, and Fury of Dracula.
- My Collection
- My Wishlist - I have updated this with everything I've been looking at picking up.
- Board Game Oracle - Use this website to get the best deals if you're buying locally! :siren:

I do NOT currently play RPGs, as I don't have a group to play with, nor do I collect/paint minis.

Alternatively I am a giant gaming nerd, recently nabbed a PS5, and I'm fine with anime.

Solemn Vow
I promise I will be better at gifting, than I am at Fury of Dracula, and actually deliver.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I will be shipping my Santee's gift tomorrow, I planned poorly around the holidays and my LGS' schedule. It's been half purchased, just waiting for the doors to open to get the other half, after scouring the rest of town came up with nothing. I guess I shoulda amazon'd, haha.

Also: just found out I'm on weekly pay! Count me in for a lightning round, please. Let's keep the holiday cheer going.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 1, 2020

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If it's not too late, I'd like to join in the lightning round. Buying stuff for people is making me happy.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Christmas cheer has been deployed! Should arrive to my santee on Friday according to the tracking estimate.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

Santa says my package has been delivered; now just have to wait for my Santee to find it!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I lied about midday today, because I got distracted. But Lightning Bonus Round 1 is now closed.
which also means that
Lightning Bonus Round 2 is now open!

Round 2 may or may not happen, depending if anyone wants to jump in. I'll be sending out the emails for round 1 soonish.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
A package arrived yesterday
It has been inspected by Chaos and approved

What was in the box?

WOW!
I honestly did not expect this!
Looks like the start of a West German army!
Thank you unknown Goon!

I have almost assembled my Santee's package, and will be shipping out by the end of the week.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ToyotaThong posted:

WOW!
I honestly did not expect this!
Looks like the start of a West German army!
Thank you unknown Goon!

I thought it would go well with your East German army. Glad you like it. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, all LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1 participants should have their Santee emails now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A package with strategically placed tanks!

:ducksiren:

Thanks Santa! Herbaceous has been on my wishlist since I missed the kickstarter due to a lengthy battle with unemployment, and the other looks like a rad game I can play with my mostly non-gaming friends too :buddy:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

That was me!

I’m glad you like them! I have been playing the crew every Friday lunch at work for the last few weeks.
At the core it’s a simple trick taking game but there’s a lot more depth to it that makes it an amazing little game (it is spiel de jahres 2020)

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 2, 2020

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
alright santee.

its time for me to get dirty with your gift and give it the ole rub n buff

dont worry. ill be gentle.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lightning Round Santa sent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
My Santa sent their gift. It's the 5E Eberron book and the Eberron DM screen, which is a pretty dope thing to have. I run an Eberron game in Pathfinder on my Twitch every Friday, so it's always good to have just a bit more lore available. Thank you, Santa. I assume you're a delicious person given your great taste.