Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

everdave posted:

I have tons (well half a dozen) HiJets on the way vans and trucks so I could use whatever if they need a home. Trim / lights /etc... more than engine parts but you never know.

I have a list of all the stuff, send me an email to username at gmale and I'll get it over to you. There was a huge eBay dump of OEM S80/81/83/110 taillights a year or so and I never bothered, but they seem to be all knockoffs. I think some are complete down to new OEM bulbs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DJ Commie posted:

I have a list of all the stuff, send me an email to username at gmale and I'll get it over to you. There was a huge eBay dump of OEM S80/81/83/110 taillights a year or so and I never bothered, but they seem to be all knockoffs. I think some are complete down to new OEM bulbs!

Thanks!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Some old Japanese person loved this thing so, so much. 84 Pajero is here, and it's rad as hell. 73k miles, turbo diesel (lmao as if the thing didn't tell you about TURBO), 5 speed, PTO winch, West German suspension seat, all original and fantastic condition interior, etc etc. Radiator has a small pinhole leak up by the upper radiator hose and it needs tires, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. The spare wheel doesn't match the other four, and is a 15 inch vs. the 16s currently on it. In a couple weeks though we'll have this FRP top Land Cruiser, and if you look at the spare wheel vs. the wheels on this Land Cruiser you might notice a neat thing:

It's almost certainly the same wheels. Since the Pajero and the incoming LC both needs tires I might play switcharoo on them. Also, gotta find a replacement knob on the Pajero!

EDIT
gently caress forgot fender mirrors! It has those too!

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 26, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god. That's pretty.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Pajero is beautiful.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Your Pajero is MAGNIFICENT

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The upholstery is ungodly amazing and I wish it was my car wow

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
On Thanksgiving I would like to say I am thankful for of course my family most of all, but also KakerMix for starting this thread. You will never know but this has changed my life in a big way and let me accomplish goals that I have had that at times didn’t seem attainable. Thanks man!

Pics are being funky I will try to edit and add them later.

Last night got two great buys. A grade 4.5!!! Nissan Cedric. Non-turbo but it is gorgeous and I got it for a steal in my absolute favorite color.

Also snagged a TURBO Nissan Avenir wagon. Wasn’t listed as a turbo until you did some digging I stole this one.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

everdave posted:

Last night got two great buys. A grade 4.5!!! Nissan Cedric. Non-turbo but it is gorgeous and I got it for a steal in my absolute favorite color.

I know nothing about it but like its looks and agree with you on the color

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

I know nothing about it but like its looks and agree with you on the color

Basically a big GRand Touring type sedan that can sell high in Japan but not worth a whole lot here. Has the 300zx motor bit this one is the NA version they do have twin turbos (sometimes in the higher Gloria trim). Been lusting after this design, and I thought I had zero chance at this one with this grade,
but I low bid and got it for exactly what I bid. Just got lucky. Usually even with the non turbo this would have cost double what I paid. Just a great classic design that still looks handsome and mean all these years later to me.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pajeros of that era would come to Australia with that type of driver's seat in it.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Turbo Avenirs are awesome sleepers. AWD, SR20DET wagon. Only downside is auto only from memory. A mate had one, they loving rip.

Edit: it’s possible to covert to the sweet quad headlight front:

BuckyDoneGun fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 26, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yes! Didn’t know much about them because they honestly haven’t been up much. The one I got is an auto with 60k miles and the 210hp turbo engine.

Excited to get it!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just realized in another thread that the very first Integra Type Rs are legal for import to the US now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, seats torn worn and tears, steering wheel worn, ceiling liner oolse, undercarriage surface rust, cargo area dents scratches surface rust, other dents scratches surface rust

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, dealer maintenance stickers, no sludge, coolant ok, no oil leaks, front tires cracked, rears at 70%, front spare old and cracked, rear spare ok, cargo area scratches and surface rust, undercarriage surface rust only, body paint faded, windshield chips small, seat small 3cm tear on side, passenger seat ok, dashboard ok, no burns ok, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, power steering ok, wipers ok

Inspector said it was in really good condition and matched mileage. Dealer inspections stickers until recently so it's been maintained well too.

USS up and changed how their data is shared with various auction databases so it's chaos right now, one single ultra-low res picture, no auction sheet, and no other information. Because Yoshi is a top-tier cool dude though it's all good.

1995 Toyota ToyoAce LY50. If you've seen a kei truck, it's that same format but expanded to normal size. A super kei truck, without any kei truck compromises. 2.4 liter diesel, 5 speed manual, dually rear axle, cab-over quad-headlamp truck. Folding bed sides, tie down locations everywhere, vinyl interior, air conditioning. If you peeped that auction sheet though you'll see the glaringly wonderful detail: 14,480 total km, under 10,000 miles. :swoon:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That is an amazing find, with AC too! Wow

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

1995 Toyota ToyoAce LY50. If you've seen a kei truck, it's that same format but expanded to normal size. A super kei truck, without any kei truck compromises. 2.4 liter diesel, 5 speed manual, dually rear axle, cab-over quad-headlamp truck. Folding bed sides, tie down locations everywhere, vinyl interior, air conditioning. If you peeped that auction sheet though you'll see the glaringly wonderful detail: 14,480 total km, under 10,000 miles. :swoon:

If I were ever to buy a truck this is almost exactly my dream machine for hauling stuff.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
That Pajero and that Avenir are both really nice.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Under 15,000km, that’s barely run in. Common work truck here, the sort of thing that does half a million km or more without dramas. Like any commercial truck, they come in any shape you imagine. Double cabs, tippers, box trucks, refrigerators, there’s even a van version that has a Hiace van body awkwardly grafted on the back. This is a newer facelift version but it’s the same thing. Check out that gutter line!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

TURBO seats really are the best seats.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You Am I posted:

Pajeros of that era would come to Australia with that type of driver's seat in it.

Mostly because they rode so god drat awfully compared to everything else on the market they NEEDED the suspension seats!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Under 15,000km, that’s barely run in. Common work truck here, the sort of thing that does half a million km or more without dramas. Like any commercial truck, they come in any shape you imagine. Double cabs, tippers, box trucks, refrigerators, there’s even a van version that has a Hiace van body awkwardly grafted on the back. This is a newer facelift version but it’s the same thing. Check out that gutter line!

Is it just the angle or does that rear axle just flat out not line up with the well?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Told you it was awkward! :newlol:

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

Is it just the angle or does that rear axle just flat out not line up with the well?

I'll bet it lines up better when the van is full of cargo.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Told you it was awkward! :newlol:

I love it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Last nights wins

Honda Today “Humming” edition, supposedly 5,400 actual miles

Oh and a Kei Mitsubishi Minicab road sign truck complete with generator!

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Arishtat posted:

I'll bet it lines up better when the van is full of cargo.

Rated for 2000kg payload or 3000kg braked trailer, but I still don’t think it lines up any better.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

BuckyDoneGun posted:

There certainly are some really oddball Hiace + whatever combos out there.

Like this VDJ79 + Hiace...

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts one shot, idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker at 103,301km, no sludge, oil dirty, coolant ok, valve cover area slightly oily but not dripping, tires at 50% ok, spare ok, cargo area ok, undercarriage light surface rust only, boots ok, body as is in diagram, windshield chips small, second row armrest torn and sunk, drivers seat stains, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok but faded, carpets dirty, ac ok, at no shock or lag, check lamps ok, 4wd ok, lights ok, windows ok, power steering ok, wipers ok

I searched through and inspected about a dozen Delicas of various trim levels before finding this gem! I was thrilled at how clean the body and interior and the rust is basically non-existent on the undercarriage. It's DIESEL, 4WD and has the captain's chairs in the middle row which rotate 90 degrees to face the back bench or all seats fold flat to create a relatively flat surface.

Also has window sliders on three out of four of the back windows which are considered pretty rare and super rad. The only thing I didn't get on this van is the high roof model, but otherwise it's exactly what I wanted. I talked to a lot of other Delica owners and several recommend the automatic transmission over the manual just because of the low horsepower/torque combination. Plus I live in the rocky mountains so constant manual shifting climbing up mountain passes didn't sound too appealing.

I've got replacement shocks, a double din carplay head unit, a PLX gauge to monitor exhaust gas temps and a few spare oil filters on order too!

KakerMix Can you recommend a product I can buff on the paint to make it even shinier and remove some of the scratches but also not disintegrate the 30 year old paint? Also a buffer/polisher?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My buddy had that one inspected (Deli) you got a good one, sweet. My fave color combo for Delicas. Nice buy!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
What did that one set you back, if you dont mind sharing? Ive had my eye out for one here on Australia but prices and kms are quite high (because we actually drive them lol)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

johnnyonetime posted:

I searched through and inspected about a dozen Delicas of various trim levels before finding this gem! I was thrilled at how clean the body and interior and the rust is basically non-existent on the undercarriage. It's DIESEL, 4WD and has the captain's chairs in the middle row which rotate 90 degrees to face the back bench or all seats fold flat to create a relatively flat surface.

Also has window sliders on three out of four of the back windows which are considered pretty rare and super rad. The only thing I didn't get on this van is the high roof model, but otherwise it's exactly what I wanted. I talked to a lot of other Delica owners and several recommend the automatic transmission over the manual just because of the low horsepower/torque combination. Plus I live in the rocky mountains so constant manual shifting climbing up mountain passes didn't sound too appealing.

I've got replacement shocks, a double din carplay head unit, a PLX gauge to monitor exhaust gas temps and a few spare oil filters on order too!

KakerMix Can you recommend a product I can buff on the paint to make it even shinier and remove some of the scratches but also not disintegrate the 30 year old paint? Also a buffer/polisher?

Hell yeah, looks great. I'm guessing 88-89? Ours was an 88 with this paint scheme:
https://limerencemotors.com/inventory/1988-mitsubishi-delica-star-wagon-exceed

As for paint buffing I am far, far from any sort of expert but what I use is a Porter Cable 7424XP, Chemical Guy's medium-heavy cutting pad (the orange one), and Chemical Guy's VSS scratch and swirl remover. For lubin' up the pad as I work I just use Griot's Speed Shine as I have a bunch of that, and it seems like the lube doesn't actually matter all that much as long as it clears the bar of not water. It's what I have, it's what seems to work wonderfully, and I have my procedure down. The cars come out looking pretty good and I do get compliments on them, so I'm doing something right. The biggest thing, I guess, is to take your time and don't let the pad get hot. I also find that the old paint is actually quite tough. Just watch the decals as you can gently caress those up pretty easily in comparison.

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Hell yeah, looks great. I'm guessing 88-89? Ours was an 88 with this paint scheme:
https://limerencemotors.com/inventory/1988-mitsubishi-delica-star-wagon-exceed

As for paint buffing I am far, far from any sort of expert but what I use is a Porter Cable 7424XP, Chemical Guy's medium-heavy cutting pad (the orange one), and Chemical Guy's VSS scratch and swirl remover. For lubin' up the pad as I work I just use Griot's Speed Shine as I have a bunch of that, and it seems like the lube doesn't actually matter all that much as long as it clears the bar of not water. It's what I have, it's what seems to work wonderfully, and I have my procedure down. The cars come out looking pretty good and I do get compliments on them, so I'm doing something right. The biggest thing, I guess, is to take your time and don't let the pad get hot. I also find that the old paint is actually quite tough. Just watch the decals as you can gently caress those up pretty easily in comparison.

Close, 1990! Ha your van is almost identical to mine aside from the 5 speed and sweet original stereo.

Thanks for the advice, Chemical Guy's are having a good Cyber Monday sale so I pulled the trigger on their polisher pack that has the orange pads in the kit. I am thinking that will take the paint from good to great!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

johnnyonetime posted:

Close, 1990! Ha your van is almost identical to mine aside from the 5 speed and sweet original stereo.

Thanks for the advice, Chemical Guy's are having a good Cyber Monday sale so I pulled the trigger on their polisher pack that has the orange pads in the kit. I am thinking that will take the paint from good to great!

That polisher pack is what I started with. I found that I wasn't willing to do the ENTIRE polishing step down thing, where you move down the pad roughness along with polishing compounds and finish off with the softest, most buttery pad and wax. Using the orange pad and the VSS stuff gets me 98% of the way to a perfect paint job that you can get without going to wet sanding. Those extra pads and compounds just seems like busywork. Like I said though, I'm no professional detailer.
Also that original stereo, while looking cool as hell, didn't work. :(

Over the weekend I was busy. I changed the oil, washed and waxed the HiAce:

Washed the already-waxed gold Prado:

Put God's Own Tires on the OTHER shorty Prado:

Now to wash, polish and wax this green Prado :toot:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol I never noticed the slogan on the gold Prado

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The Hiace moon roofs are killer. And that spare tire cover is amazing with that slogan I love it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Me - Computer, run ultiliy.exe
Computer -

Where those AC/heat controls are and how they are laid out gets me unreasonably excited. Stoked too that they put down those cheap red mats and sacrificed them in order to preserve the OMNIMAT Toyota one underneath. No tachometer, no surprise there really. Headliner is falling down as evidenced by the wood paneling or flooring being used to keep it up. On kei trucks we've had it's like a big puffy sticker and probably isn't too big of a deal to stick it back. Oil has been changed on a time intervals regularly as we can see in the engine bay picture, which owns. No dents I can see, even in the bed itself. The paint looks a bit blemish-y on that side shot, but this is single stage Toyota white and can be brought back extremely easily. Also of note is the one significant blemish I can see, the front left corner of the bumper has a scrape on it, which explains why the front bumper seems a little pushed in on that corner.
Looking up more on these ToyoAce/Dynas, when you get real small duallies like this in the back to get the bed really low Toyota calls this 'Just Low'. This is a 1995 Toyota ToyoAce G15 LY50 'Just Low'. Note too that unlike the 4-lug rears in the Bongo, this ToyoAce has 6 lug 12s in the back. :c00l: All the tie downs are located on the bottom of the bed itself, unlike the other variant of these trucks which places the tie downs on the bedsides. With this setup you can remove the bed sides and rear tailgate yet keep your tie downs.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
They are a foam type thing for headliners if you even see this and haven’t blocked me. All my fire trucks have the same, you can tuck it back in bit fore some reason they didn’t use any adhesive. None. It can be glued up but I never did told they buyers about it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Those half-inch thick closed cell foam exercise mats are good for headliners in utility vehicles, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Midjack posted:

If I were ever to buy a truck this is almost exactly my dream machine for hauling stuff.

Yeah, I'd love one of those or a Bongo for pickup truck duties. Fold-down bed sides rule.