Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I got mad at a friend who besides being dumb about masks was something much worse, very unfunny about it. Imagine the "and that's the tweet" irl but about masks
there's only so much a friendship is worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I live with immunocompromised people, got 4 people on my building with it and I can't quarantine, so I can't really get on people's faces about it.

I will however find it funny that TR was far, far more abrasive towards way larger amounts of people and it was only this that suddenly got everyone mad at him.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

mistermojo posted:

I go outside and listen to podcasts

Me too, I go for long walks and listen. Highly recommend it.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

taintrunner should have to pay everyone itt to be able to post

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Skipping a billion posts to say that Im glad that Bad Faith finally interviewed someone I actually wanted to hear talk aka Boots Riley

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kunster posted:

I live with immunocompromised people, got 4 people on my building with it and I can't quarantine, so I can't really get on people's faces about it.

I will however find it funny that TR was far, far more abrasive towards way larger amounts of people and it was only this that suddenly got everyone mad at him.

havent u ever successfully tuned out an annoying rear end in a top hat for months and then suddenly exploded.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

havent u ever successfully tuned out an annoying rear end in a top hat for months and then suddenly exploded.

just get hemorrhoid cream

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Given that any time someone tried to tell him off with precisely the same arguments people are using here there would be several people cheering him over and over again, I'm frankly surprised people could!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Neoliberalism never even tries to justify itself, that's what they have vague progressive/liberal ad copy to hide behind. As a result they can't actually appeal to people even when they have to, because they're such terminal ghouls. See also why the Remain campaign for Brexit was nonexistent.
I mean, not really--there's been plenty of propaganda for the gig economy, for identifying as an atomized consumer in various ways, for self-care and McMindfulness instead of politics, I could go on. And a lot of people have bought into it because there's nothing else for them.

quote:

dozens of people being insane about Amber Frost again
I try not to defend Amber out of fandom or the assumption that all criticism of her is sexist. But Jesus loving Christ, I'm amazed at people who will spend more time arguing over an article they haven't read than it takes to read the article. Are you all libertarians now?

The article is about how loving annoying it is that we not only have to wear masks, we're expected embrace a culture of of "plz wear a mask uwu," corporations cynically exploiting the pandemic like they do everything else, and people who love nothing in life so much as scolding other people on the Internet. I regret to inform you that coronascolding is not some Brooklyn hipster phenomenon that Amber myopically generalized to the entire population.

So there was a viral video where a guy is handing out masks at the Staten Island Metro, and this old chud refuses a mask. People predictably went nuclear over it. My question is, why the gently caress are you handing out masks to strangers in a pandemic? Do you really believe that anyone you see without a mask just forgot to wear one, or can't afford one? Right. So if you take COVID seriously, why are you staging a political stunt at the train station?

My walk to work is dotted with "Please wear a mask" posters drawn in a twee zine style. When I watch TV, it's interrupted by commercials where everyone's cracking wise on a Zoom call. Every link to a celebrity's tweet shows them wearing a mask. (Does anybody actually believe that changing their avatar to include a mask is having any influence on anyone's decision to wear a mask?)

Yes, there's a pandemic. Yes, I'm wearing a mask. I don't need to be reminded to do this every 10 seconds by some apple-polishing little scold who pretends that they're doing the world a favour.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Never fully believed the 'goons get mad at the things they imagine Amber Frost said' trope until the last few pages of this thread lol

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I heard amber frost bragged about trolling the cspam COVID thread with her thanksgiving gathering plans. really hosed up stuff. I’d expect better from a “leftist”

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Amber is the Glen Greenwald of C-Spam

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

amber frost has posted no less than 6 qcs threads calling for the deletion of cspam and the banning of its posters

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TheSlutPit posted:

amber frost has posted no less than 6 qcs threads calling for the deletion of cspam and the banning of its posters

i'm pretty sure if she was dumb enough to post in here she'd be down to shitpost with the best of 'em.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

amber got banned from the r/relationships thread in pyf

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Zedhe Khoja posted:

What does that make Glen?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Often Abbreviated posted:

the amber of cspam

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Often Abbreviated posted:

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

My walk to work is dotted with "Please wear a mask" posters drawn in a twee zine style. When I watch TV, it's interrupted by commercials where everyone's cracking wise on a Zoom call. Every link to a celebrity's tweet shows them wearing a mask. (Does anybody actually believe that changing their avatar to include a mask is having any influence on anyone's decision to wear a mask?)

:goonsay: Does anybody actually believe that propaganda has any influence on anyone’s decision?

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes, I'm wearing a mask.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
steakumms said to wear to a mask and now im going to buy steakumms and you can't stop me

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Xaris posted:

steakumms said to wear to a mask and now im going to buy steakumms and you can't stop me

they said to wear a mask not but steakumms. The propaganda is coming from inside your own head!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
line the interior of your mask with steakumms for added protection.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
SHUT UP AND REJOICE. AMES AND DOLAN DID AN ANNIBALE EPISODE ABOUT THE ITALO-TURKEY WAR OF 1911-12.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i found a good one called ex.haust, about why it feels like there is no future

https://pca.st/podcast/0202c130-d5c0-0138-e77f-0acc26574db2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

SHUT UP AND REJOICE. AMES AND DOLAN DID AN ANNIBALE EPISODE ABOUT THE ITALO-TURKEY WAR OF 1911-12.

yesss

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

:worship:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

podcasting

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

amber is the most likely chapo to be in contact with federal authorities

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

both are good I agree

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

will's the informant, amber's the one caught with the fake fbi explosives

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Stairmaster posted:

only one of them to look in a mirror?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Joementum posted:

only one of them to look in a mirror?

well, you look in the mirror and see what you saw, and then argue with yourself over who gets to use the saw to escape which doorless windowless room you're both in

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

seems kinda harsh to call her a lib but fair

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

virgil got busted and has been wearing a wire on all the livestreams thats why he doesn't turn on video

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

every Chapo is working for a different US intelligence agency

Will - CIA
Felix - Chicago Police Department
Matt - DHS
Amber - FBI
Virgil - DEA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Big Nitrous keeping virj doped up to dull revolutionary action

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Renner Files: the true crime podcast about the rise and fall of Jeremy Renner's vanity smartphone app, has been out for a while, and it's legit loving incredible

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Victory Position posted:

meanwhile, Andrew Cuomo gets an Emmy for some loving reason,
um you dont seem to understand he LIVES in NEW york CITY

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Taintrunner posted:

The Renner Files: the true crime podcast about the rise and fall of Jeremy Renner's vanity smartphone app, has been out for a while, and it's legit loving incredible

this is 100% my kind of poo poo, ty for mentioning op :hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

every Chapo is working for a different US intelligence agency

Will - CIA
Felix - Chicago Police Department
Matt - DHS
Amber - FBI
Virgil - DEA

Matt is the OPM IG plant investigating time card fraud.