Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Okay, Sakamoto Days is really good.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sakamoto reminds me of Coach Anzai from Slam Dunk. I trust him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's funny to me that there is another series about someone with near perfect level of skills named Sakamoto.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's funny to me that there is another series about someone with near perfect level of skills named Sakamoto.

You mean Nichijou?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Paracelsus posted:

You mean Nichijou?

Haven't You Heard? He's Sakamoto

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sakamoto Days is kind of like....SpyxFamily lite. its good.
Phantom Seer seems headed for its end, its got that air about it.

Agravity Boys started off well, now its.....this.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Todo, bros...
that loving clap though.

oof

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Okay, Sakamoto Days is really good.

The cover art reminded me of Assassination Classroom. The story did not disappoint.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

When will Sakamoto teach a group of kids how to play basketball.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Todo, bros...
that loving clap though.

Wait, did he just use his technique by clapping Mahito's hand? Goddamn.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
However Mahito has evolved again. If he has surpassed Hanami or Dagon at this point I don't think Yuji can win on his own and I don't think any of the sorcerer's still around can handle him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

However Mahito has evolved again. If he has surpassed Hanami or Dagon at this point I don't think Yuji can win on his own and I don't think any of the sorcerer's still around can handle him.

This would be a good time for Yuji to finally pull out some of Sukuna’s techniques. Maybe that’s why Sukuna is so smug right now.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nanami said it was up to Itadori now and I refuse to believe that he’ll let him down.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sakamoto Days is kind of like....SpyxFamily lite. its good.
Phantom Seer seems headed for its end, its got that air about it.

Agravity Boys started off well, now its.....this.

I tried giving Phantom Seer a fair shot but it's just so generic I haven't read it in a couple weeks.

Yeah, this Agravity Girls arc has tanked hard. Which is sad cus the setup was fantastic, but it just wound up going for some pretty sexist jokes.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I really want to like Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective because it's a mystery-solving manga but Ron himself kind of drags it down for me. He's being written as way too quirky and lolrandom, so he just comes across as a shallow character instead. That, and despite his plan to have Isshiki take the credit for solving cases, Ron is terrible at hiding the fact that he's the one doing all the solving.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I tried giving Phantom Seer a fair shot but it's just so generic I haven't read it in a couple weeks.

Yeah, this Agravity Girls arc has tanked hard. Which is sad cus the setup was fantastic, but it just wound up going for some pretty sexist jokes.

Phantom Seer has at least finally made Aibetsu help out in fights, but the story is still missing that little something to make it truly interesting. It's a shame, really, since the art and demon designs are pretty great.

And yeah, this Agravity Girls arc sucked so bad. Even if it tried to excuse itself by saying that the Gener-Diversion is the cause for the personality change and making everyone super emotional, it still used some terrible sexist jokes.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Adnor posted:

When will Sakamoto teach a group of kids how to play basketball.

Oh man I was wondering why he was familiar. Good ole Yu Yu Hakusho.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Holy poo poo, I started reading Mashle Magic and Muscles because I saw it recommended here and it is so drat good. I usually don't go for gag manga but I have actually laughed my rear end off multiple times with this one.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

amigolupus posted:

And yeah, this Agravity Girls arc sucked so bad. Even if it tried to excuse itself by saying that the Gener-Diversion is the cause for the personality change and making everyone super emotional, it still used some terrible sexist jokes.

I don't mind the occasional sexist jokes. But there weren't even really jokes. It was just basically them going "We're so emotional" or "Oh right, Geralt is worlds biggest airhead now!" over and over with no setup or payoff. Unless you count the broccoli as pay off, which I don't because I didn't like that arc either. It's unfortunate because the setup was indeed fantastic and I feel like there was potential here for some good jokes. At least I did get a giggle out of "your Babazulagi is Kiplaggating out of you bikini!"
I'm happy this arc is over.

Tosk posted:

Holy poo poo, I started reading Mashle Magic and Muscles because I saw it recommended here and it is so drat good. I usually don't go for gag manga but I have actually laughed my rear end off multiple times with this one.

Welcome, we have creampuffs!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah I like Phantom Seer a bunch art and designs are cool. It just needs a bigger hook which seems like it's coming.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ahaha the latest chapter of Fire Force. They defeat a seemingly invincible villain by...shooting him in the back, in what was supposed to be a 1v1 fight. Of course it only happens when the character fighting him is about to be killed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

Ahaha the latest chapter of Fire Force. They defeat a seemingly invincible villain by...shooting him in the back, in what was supposed to be a 1v1 fight. Of course it only happens when the character fighting him is about to be killed.

According to Ogun it was literally the plan. Charon can only be hurt if he is about to expel the energy he absorbed. So Hinawa and Obi just waited until his guard was down and he was about to finish off Ogun then shot gun blasted him.

Ogun telling him that Fire Force Companies are team there is no reason he should have expected a 1 on 1 fight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ActAgeManga/status/1331176798814687232

lol I look forward to his next manga in 4 years

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ActAgeManga/status/1331176798814687232

lol I look forward to his next manga in 4 years

Hot drat, that’s one evil looking face shot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's kind of hilarious in a sad way that Agravity Boys finally became what people were worried it'd be after that first champter. It just took, like, a year.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Real talk, I think Charon is way too cool to be in this series. I basically only pick the series back up when he's around.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Roboco and Mashle bringing in the gold as usual.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

It's kind of hilarious in a sad way that Agravity Boys finally became what people were worried it'd be after that first champter. It just took, like, a year.

New chapter is back to normal, luckily. Was pretty decent, too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Roboco and Mashle bringing in the gold as usual.

They are going to carry Mash out by taking the section of the floor with him aren't they?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was so happy when Arash and Baba became friends which made it doubly funny when it went away instantly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I'm not sure I can bring myself to care after how profoundly unfunny the author has shown himself to be with the extremely basic "women be shopping" level gender gags

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

I'm not sure I can bring myself to care after how profoundly unfunny the author has shown himself to be with the extremely basic "women be shopping" level gender gags

I enjoyed the manga quite a bit right up to Agravity Girls so I'm willing to continue reading it hesitantly, but yeah it was pretty blegh and I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Honestly, Agravity is extremely hit or miss. It's either quite funny or just plain bad. I mostly keep reading because I enjoy the way he keeps tying everything back together. It's just so insane. But those last chapter were so bad.

This chapter however was amusing.

Also, till now I though that Arsh was a girl.

Magu was cute. :)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Darth TNT posted:

Magu was cute. :)

This is the one truth that shall always prevail. I dread the day Magu has a chapter that does something gross. It's just such a pure, sweet manga. I've really grown to enjoy it quite a lot.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Wow that sure was a chapter of Ayakashi Triangle wasn't it?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Wow that sure was a chapter of Ayakashi Triangle wasn't it?

You can't just say this like that! I wasn't planning on reading it anymore after it didn't end.

This is the one truth that shall always prevail. I dread the day Magu has a chapter that does something gross. It's just such a pure, sweet manga. I've really grown to enjoy it quite a lot.

I'm not a big Magu fan. I originally dropped it because it seemed like a gag manga that wasn't very funny. But coming back to it, it seems less a gag manga and more a cute slice of life manga.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It was peak Kentaro Yabuki seeing how far he could push things.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Magu-chan will always cheer you up!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Magu, Sakamoto Days, and Mashle are all really good. Mashle is probably my favorite of the newbies.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Sakamoto killing his assistant through his thoughts is a gag I can’t find myself getting tired of anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't know how I feel yet about Sakomoto. The first and second chapter were pretty fun, but not nearly as fun as MAshle, nor nearly as cure as Magu. I'm not sure if it will be able to build a solid identity to hold my interest. But I'm still on board for now.