Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

inthesto posted:

I know I'm going to pull a lot on the next banner; the question is when I switch over to the weapon banner.

The 4* on the weapon banner are generally pretty unimpressive so I probably wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Well, I will just use Beidou and Ningguang more, I was fine with either of them, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled so much to begin with. Still, RNG giveth, RNG taketh. At least now I'll take a break for the whole next banner.

That said, out of 5R Debate, 2R Favonius, 2R Sacrificial, 3R Bell, which would be the best claymore for Beidou? Currently leaning towards Favonius, purely to fill her burst faster.

What are you running her as? If it's as support then probably favonius. If as dps, then build yourself a prototype animus and run that. If you refined a whiteblind to R2 for whatever reason, then I guess debate club.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This will, I hope, be the worst weapon banner this game will ever see. It is dire.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Well, I will just use Beidou and Ningguang more, I was fine with either of them, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled so much to begin with. Still, RNG giveth, RNG taketh. At least now I'll take a break for the whole next banner.

That said, out of 5R Debate, 2R Favonius, 2R Sacrificial, 3R Bell, which would be the best claymore for Beidou? Currently leaning towards Favonius, purely to fill her burst faster.
For support Favonious and Sacrificial are both good, Favonious if you'll have the crit to support it and Sacrificial if you won't (note that Sacrificial has less regen but higher base ATK if you care).

For DPS Serpent Spine or Prototype Aminus if you have access to them. If you don't probably Sacrifical just because it has fat base ATK. At level 80 assuming you have 100% atk from other sources (artifacts etc) the sac greatsword will end up with 16% higher ATK even counting the debate club substat.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 1, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
New meta

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Looks like new story event tomorrow. And info about other events

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1333600092234805248?s=21

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol not having the gliding championship

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the insight - I run her as mostly support (she's simply not competitive with C6 Noelle or Keqing), so will try Favonius and Sacrificial and see what handles better, I guess.

Though tbh I think I will bend the setup to fit to Favonius out of these two, since Sacrificial looks really clashing with her design. Priorities, priorities.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I expect Amber to either beat us or for her line about being the gliding champion of Mondstadt to be changed.

I will accept nothing else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's rude to start the gliding competition before it's possible to earn your fancy new reputation glider

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The rumours were true...b-b-b-ig-o dong-ooooooooo.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
All I hear is the sounds of me frantically spending all my resin before there's a new event that locks down usage for three weeks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Pshh, Ruin Hunters are easy to deal with. No need for fancy tricks; just make sure they stay cool

https://i.imgur.com/Ox9pnMu.mp4(best with sound)

:chillout:

Watching videos like this I am incredibly jealous of how quickly you melt the health bars on Ruin Hunters.

So, is there any chance that I could be doing something with the characters I have to make the fights go smoother? So far, I'm just relying on Razor as physical DPS because of superconduct and even with that taken into account those are the one enemy that have resistance to that and the fights are an uphill battle even with me sniping them to stop them from attacking.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RareAcumen posted:

Watching videos like this I am incredibly jealous of how quickly you melt the health bars on Ruin Hunters.

So, is there any chance that I could be doing something with the characters I have to make the fights go smoother? So far, I'm just relying on Razor as physical DPS because of superconduct and even with that taken into account those are the one enemy that have resistance to that and the fights are an uphill battle even with me sniping them to stop them from attacking.

Yeah, level XQ and have him pop his super before you go in. poo poo's bananas. Extra damage, damage resistance, interrupt resistance, wet effect, a little healing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man I was all excited for new banner at daily reset only to see the time remaining on the Childe banner goes on for awhile longer yet.

:shepface:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

S.J. posted:

Yeah, level XQ and have him pop his super before you go in. poo poo's bananas. Extra damage, damage resistance, interrupt resistance, wet effect, a little healing.

Yeah, the answer to a lot of stuff is “level XQ he’s so god drat good”.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Yeah, the answer to a lot of stuff is “level XQ he’s so god drat good”.

I would have already done this if I hadn't pulled childe lmao gently caress water boss

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

S.J. posted:

Sure thing! How high a level should I be aiming for?

XQ is the first non Ningguang character I've managed to get this banner so that's why he's still level 1. I have no idea idea what I should be doing with him.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Physical damage is always going to feel slow vs Ruin Machines, even with superconduct. Guards and Hunters have 70% and 50% physical RES, respectively, and superconduct will bring them down to 30% and 10%. So you'll never get any "extra" damage with physical attacks. Meanwhile, they have 10% RES to any given elemental damage, so Viridescent Venerer will bring them down to -15% RES1. That translates to approximately 20%2 extra damage than they normally take.

With your roster, the ones who can deal a ton of elemental damage would be the best. Especially those who can benefit from VV (i.e. swirlable elements). Ningguang's good, and Xingqiu's the best during his burst. Xiangling can also do a lot during hers.

1RES reductions below 0 are halved, so the -40 RES brings 10 to 0, and the remaining -30 becomes -15.
2This chart shows how RES values translate to damage factor

Also, here's a chart of every enemy's RES values

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

XQ is the first non Ningguang character I've managed to get this banner so that's why he's still level 1. I have no idea idea what I should be doing with him.

Preferably until you get his 2nd passive talent, but he doesn't really NEED to go above 60

He slots into almost any team comp

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

It'd be great if every single one of your characters was max level, but since I assume you're not whaling a fortune into doing that, 60 is normally the max to get all passives.

XQ in particular has a bit of a break point. His first passive heals, which is good and scales on HP. His second passive buffs his damage, which is also good IF you're building him up with artifacts for that. If you're not pumping artifacts into him he doesn't need to go to 60. He's just there to get everything wet and gtfo.

If I had to pick one to 60 I'd probably pick Kaeya. You've only got one cryo and his ascension stat is ER with his second passive regenerating more energy. Getting a chain of freezes is going to let you smash out damage.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

XQs swords also scale really well with his ATK and hydro damage, so as far as supports go I’d prioritize him after your carry

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Awesome, I decided to finally map out the Unusual Hilichurl spawns and figured I'd get my two kills in. Both times it spawned in the very last spot I had to check.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Man I was all excited for new banner at daily reset only to see the time remaining on the Childe banner goes on for awhile longer yet.

:shepface:

Aww, drat. Well, at least I won't be tempted to stay up late to roll on the banner ASAP. :unsmith:

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
You can usually chock up any showoff vids as the person using max level artifacts with good main stats + substats. Also please note the food buffs they use.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
So I started (very) late and only just now hit AR 35 and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ARs faster than I'm getting materials to keep my characters as equipped as possible. Is "Whoops I accidentally built my team bad and now the world level is too high for me to feasibly get anything down" something I need to super concern myself about, and if so, is there value in sticking at 35 while I dump resin into the bosses I can currently kill so that I've got the leveling materials once the world level starts getting Up There?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

might depend on your team and what levels they are at.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So I started (very) late and only just now hit AR 35 and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ARs faster than I'm getting materials to keep my characters as equipped as possible. Is "Whoops I accidentally built my team bad and now the world level is too high for me to feasibly get anything down" something I need to super concern myself about, and if so, is there value in sticking at 35 while I dump resin into the bosses I can currently kill so that I've got the leveling materials once the world level starts getting Up There?

You only need to keep up with 1 main dps. Everyone else can lag behind. Delaying world levels is dumb because you get more mats from higher world levels so you're only falling further behind. If you managed to really gently caress yourself and can't even kill world bosses then ask for help and someone will kill them for you. If you are so far behind that you need to burn a few fragile resin to catch up then do so.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Physical damage is always going to feel slow vs Ruin Machines, even with superconduct. Guards and Hunters have 70% and 50% physical RES, respectively, and superconduct will bring them down to 30% and 10%. So you'll never get any "extra" damage with physical attacks. Meanwhile, they have 10% RES to any given elemental damage, so Viridescent Venerer will bring them down to -15% RES1. That translates to approximately 20%2 extra damage than they normally take.

With your roster, the ones who can deal a ton of elemental damage would be the best. Especially those who can benefit from VV (i.e. swirlable elements). Ningguang's good, and Xingqiu's the best during his burst. Xiangling can also do a lot during hers.

1RES reductions below 0 are halved, so the -40 RES brings 10 to 0, and the remaining -30 becomes -15.
2This chart shows how RES values translate to damage factor

Also, here's a chart of every enemy's RES values

Ohhhhh. Ohhhh. This explains a lot. No wonder I feel like Geovishap monsters take a while to beat. Also, I think they need a rework, they barely seem to stagger.

S.J. posted:

Preferably until you get his 2nd passive talent, but he doesn't really NEED to go above 60

He slots into almost any team comp

Gotcha, thanks a lot!

Mailer posted:

It'd be great if every single one of your characters was max level, but since I assume you're not whaling a fortune into doing that, 60 is normally the max to get all passives.

XQ in particular has a bit of a break point. His first passive heals, which is good and scales on HP. His second passive buffs his damage, which is also good IF you're building him up with artifacts for that. If you're not pumping artifacts into him he doesn't need to go to 60. He's just there to get everything wet and gtfo.

If I had to pick one to 60 I'd probably pick Kaeya. You've only got one cryo and his ascension stat is ER with his second passive regenerating more energy. Getting a chain of freezes is going to let you smash out damage.

Yeah, I'm sure at some point I'll take a moment to stop screaming over getting seven 4 star weapons in a row instead of new characters and just breakdown and get the battlepass for more materials. I didn't even think I should upgrade everyone- because I can't imagine using Lisa at all- to 60 but I'll start working on that now that I've just hit AR40.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

like posted above, don't skimp out on raising your WL, the extra drops are worth it. 35 is the big sink point, but once you hit 40+ you'll feel the pressure ease up some as your A team will probably be close to maxed til 50. there probably will feel like some bumps with the jump in WL, but just make sure you're actually paying attention to using your reactions and it'll be fine. Heck I only seriously invested in artifacts for 2 characters until 45 and have had zero issues in overworld and weekly bosses.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How perfect do you need your artifacts before upgrading them? My Diluc has a weak Goblet (just some generic 4* atk% one), while I have something like this which has good stats but is a completely worthless set, making it a lot more difficult to put together useful set bonuses:

Alternatively I have a 5* Gladiator one with % Pyro damage, but it only has defensive substats. It feels like I have a bunch of decent but not perfect artifacts that are better than what I currently have, but if I go crazy upgrading them all I will run out of artifact fodder. Is the best strategy to keep waiting for something perfect until you get to the point where you need better stats to farm?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 1, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bear in mind, a max level 5 star artifact, fed into another 5 star artifact, will get it to level 18, so you don't lose that much if you want to switch.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
You pretty much always use cups for just the right % damage boost unless you get lucky since it's real hard to roll one with the right substat and in a useful set. You only need 4 pieces to complete a set so take advantage of that.

Hellioning posted:

Bear in mind, a max level 5 star artifact, fed into another 5 star artifact, will get it to level 18, so you don't lose that much if you want to switch.

Also this.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Also don't worry about the the sub-stats on artifacts at all except as a tiebreak between similar options, because the primary & set bonus stats are much more impactful. Especially since all of the stat upgrades are random, so you can push it to +20 and just get a bunch of defense and +HP upgrades instead of what you want.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Thanks treasure compass, for bringing back the high of finding multiple chests in one day.

Side note, you can detect Liyue chests using the Mondstadt compass (or vice versa) if they're close enough to the border. Good luck finding them once you're in the proper region!

moush posted:

You can usually chock up any showoff vids as the person using max level artifacts with good main stats + substats. Also please note the food buffs they use.

My artifacts are pretty good, but I ain't using no cheat food in my clips :smug:

Pain of Mind posted:

How perfect do you need your artifacts before upgrading them? My Diluc has a weak Goblet (just some generic 4* atk% one), while I have something like this which has good stats but is a completely worthless set, making it a lot more difficult to put together useful set bonuses:

Alternatively I have a 5* Gladiator one with % Pyro damage, but it only has defensive substats. It feels like I have a bunch of decent but not perfect artifacts that are better than what I currently have, but if I go crazy upgrading them all I will run out of artifact fodder. Is the best strategy to keep waiting for something perfect until you get to the point where you need better stats to farm?

Goblets usually end up being off-set because of how rare it is to get a good one. It really depends case-by-case whether you should swap, though, both on the set bonuses and the substats. Set bonuses tend to be more powerful than substats though. What sets are you using and what are the individual pieces you're comparing?

You can't really wait for something perfect to come by, or you'll just spend more time being gimped. The good thing about artifacts is that you can salvage about 80% of the EXP if you do happen to come across a better piece.

Usually, the right main stats with 2 out of 4 good substats is worth leveling up. My preference is CRIT DMG > CRIT Rate = ATK% > Ele Mastery = Energy Recharge = Flat ATK > HP%/DEF% > Flat HP/DEF, with some variance depending on the user and whether they're already getting crit stats elsewhere. And sometimes you just have to make do with 1 out of 4 good stats.

Here's my set, for example. I rolled a lot of HP and DEF, but also a lot of CRIT DMG:

They could be better, but I feel strong enough.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pain of Mind posted:

I'd probably use the Venerer cup. It would work nicely on Xiangling too if you ever find a better one. Definitely use one of them though, upgrading to a 5* elemental cup is one of the most impactful artifact upgrades you can make and is worth taking the 20% xp hit. Whichever one you level first can be handed down to other pyro users anyways so you don't even have to be concerned about any xp loss.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sure would be nice if I had even a 4* cup with pyro damage for my Klee. Any sort or bonuses, I'm AR 48 now, I don't care about the specifics. :shepicide:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 1, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Asimo posted:

Sure would be nice if I had even a 4* cup with pyro damage for my Klee. Any sort or bonuses, I'm AR 48 now, I don't care about the specifics. :shepicide:

I have Diluc and Keqing and have gotten 0 (zero) cups with either pyro or electro dmg. Game's messing with me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Asimo posted:

A 5* ATK goblet is probably better than a 4* DMG one

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not really hurting overall, it's just the RNG atop RNG for relics is a bit silly. Especially since you'll probably want to eventually have 6+ full useful sets for Abyss parties or subbing other chars in with different priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Zhongli’s story was pretty cool.