Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

i saw a video of this huge parade in Japan where they were all waving around American flags and Trump signage, it was deeply bizarre. i want to know what those people are thinking.

They probably think about it as deeply as a toddler having a princess tea party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
japan makes sense for caring deeply about american presidents tbh. they're basically an autonomous military base.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

uber_stoat posted:

i saw a video of this huge parade in Japan where they were all waving around American flags and Trump signage, it was deeply bizarre. i want to know what those people are thinking.
american-japanese relations were mostly very good under trump, primarily based on a common posture towards china that might be perceived as explicitly pro-japan

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

theyve got a local qanon sect that focuses more on anti chinese racism i think

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Truman Show felt a bit preachy about reality tv but was actually too optimistic.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

in san francisco? lmfao

i'm currently moving out of an apartment in belmont, which is known for being one of the first towns to enact a town-wide no smoking ordinance. the manager of the building who countersigned my standard lease kept the standard no smoking clause in there, even though he himself smokes cigarettes in his unit all day. i have blazed bong loads of weed on the balcony of my apartment virtually every single day that i occupied it. not a word from anyone. NOBODY CARES

what a useless overreach by sf politicians, as usual

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/cdcshepherd/status/1333263753039777792

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

i think of demons posted:

american-japanese relations were mostly very good under trump, primarily based on a common posture towards china that might be perceived as explicitly pro-japan

lmao you reminded me that when trump first won the Japanese foreign service prepared a briefing for him mostly consisting of graphs and pictures to show how mutually favourable their trade was and how they were strong allies and poo poo, because apparently Trump's perceptions of Japan were all from like 40 years ago when Japan was competing a lot with the US in global trade

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
meanwhile the saudis extremely understood how to appeal to trump

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Murder journalists?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Thanatosian posted:

Murder journalists?

:orb:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Larry Parrish posted:

smoking inside is gross but they try all the time to have no smokers at all which is like. No. I'm smoking outside lol. Go gently caress yourself.

I bet those same people also don't want to hear people having sex, washing machines running, and kids sometimes jumping around.

As long as you don't smoke right outside other people's open windows, they're just complaining for the sake of complaining. "Oh no, I can vaguely smell weed smoke through my open window in this 200-apartment complex, woe is me."

Smoking in general is nasty, but if people want to breathe tar, that's their prerogative.

KozmoNaut has issued a correction as of 10:11 on Dec 1, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

KozmoNaut posted:

I bet those same people also don't want to hear people having sex, washing machines running, and kids sometimes jumping around.

As long as you don't smoke right outside other people's open windows, they're just complaining for the sake of complaining. "Oh no, I can vaguely smell weed smoke through my open window in this 200-apartment complex, woe is me."

Smoking in general is nasty, but if people want to breathe tar, that's their prerogative.
How do we feel about people who chuck their cigarette stubs on the ground: Murder or double murder? I'm for double murder personally.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Isocubes

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Splicer posted:

How do we feel about people who chuck their cigarette stubs on the ground: Murder or double murder? I'm for double murder personally.

The full Rasputin.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

that the house of saud retains possession of the Orb is of grave concern to us all

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hodgepodge posted:

that the house of saud retains possession of the Orb is of grave concern to us all

as the Mahdi returns, so too shall the ord be reclaimed by the righteous

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
...or perhaps.... he is waiting for us to prove ourselves worthy of being the last genration. we must secure the ORB

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Getting other people's cigarette smoke in your house is gross as hell actually

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Can we get a ban on 2-stroke lawn equipment to go along with that?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Kurnugia posted:

...or perhaps.... he is waiting for us to prove ourselves worthy of being the last genration. we must secure the ORB

where do you think the madi is concealed?!

the one with the virtue to break the Orb will save us all; yet many are seduced by its power

but the ways of the Orb are myste... eh you get the drift

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splicer posted:

i smoke in the alley way behind work and the building management kept stealing coffee cans etc we would leave out back to collect butts without maybe starting a fire by tossing them in the dumpster and eventually we gave up finding new butt cans and wow the alley is full of butts now!! what a shock.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Can we get a ban on 2-stroke lawn equipment to go along with that?

this is legit a thing that would make a big difference in local air quality but it would cost money and make boomers mad and no one would enforce it so

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

in my last apt i kept having to shut the windows because some rear end in a top hat was smoking nearby and it was getting inside. i was going to complain to the landlord but i noticed it was the landlord doing the smoking

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

i smoke in the alley way behind work and the building management kept stealing coffee cans etc we would leave out back to collect butts without maybe starting a fire by tossing them in the dumpster and eventually we gave up finding new butt cans and wow the alley is full of butts now!! what a shock.

People seem to think that if you make smoking really inconvenient that people will stop but what actually happens is people stop bothering to follow the rules. Go figure.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kurnugia posted:

We must secure an existence for orb people and a future for orb children.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i will never stop smoking weed

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

T-man posted:

i will never stop smoking weed

that Tenacious D skit about inward singing but it's about weed instead

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ekuNNN posted:

Years ago in an apartment complex, I had a neighbor that was smoking something incredibly acrid and unpleasant to the point I bought an air purifier to help sleep.

Reported to the super who said they were a problem tenant but never had reason to evict until my description of the odor, which is apparently what meth smells like.

On cleaning the unit, the super further told me they found arcs of blood on the wall, from where the tenants had been flinging their bloodied heroin needles .

Anyway, I'm fine with weed but meth is a step too far.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Years ago in an apartment complex, I had a neighbor that was smoking something incredibly acrid and unpleasant to the point I bought an air purifier to help sleep.

Reported to the super who said they were a problem tenant but never had reason to evict until my description of the odor, which is apparently what meth smells like.

On cleaning the unit, the super further told me they found arcs of blood on the wall, from where the tenants had been flinging their bloodied heroin needles .

Anyway, I'm fine with weed but meth is a step too far.

safe injection sites for all imo

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

T-man posted:

safe injection sites for all imo

not in my backyard!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Please add gunpowder to cigarettes.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

the milk machine posted:

this is legit a thing that would make a big difference in local air quality but it would cost money and make boomers mad and no one would enforce it so

also it would be a step in the right direction but it also still wouldn't be enough; because sooner or later either lawns (and massive sprawling suburbs) are entirely outlawed, or they eventually become infeasible.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Wheeee posted:

not in my backyard!

Exactly. Safe injection sites so they arent in your backyard.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
My rear end is a safe injection site, come on over friends!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

silentsnack posted:

also it would be a step in the right direction but it also still wouldn't be enough; because sooner or later either lawns (and massive sprawling suburbs) are entirely outlawed, or they eventually become infeasible.

why not both?!

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
if it is too much work to scythe your own lawn, then you have too much lawn.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gods_Butthole posted:

My rear end is a safe injection site, come on over friends!

poz god's neg_butthole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I cut my lawn with scissors I funded on kickstarter