Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tiggum posted:

What is "allergy free peanut butter"? :confused:

A lawsuit waiting to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Tiggum posted:

All pee, no nut

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"butter"

Or given lactose intolerance, possibly margarine, possibly a conceptual vacuum.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe you can be allergic to peanuts but not some other kinds of nuts idk

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Peanuts technically aren't nuts. Nuts grow on trees and peanuts grow in the ground. So people with peanut allergies could eat other nuts and vice versa.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Scarodactyl posted:

I dunno. Boiled egg whites are pretty neutral. I just ran some simulations and they came out non-negative on a taste and even textual front if it's chunky crunchy peanut butter. Looks terrible but I'm intrigued.

With those kind of posts it's far more disconcerting that these people are trying to make money from their distinctly average to terrible looking fare and that's the best they think they need to do to advertise their product.

A poo poo sad meal for two photographed with an unwarranted sense of pride and 'wife me lol :P' emojis is one thing; it takes an extra step into the lamentable when those people genuinely think their skills are worthy of other people's cash. Dunning-Kruger in full swing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Worthy to be served at a wedding, as well.

e: or in fact a kids party, I mean let's have some respect for the little shits.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MariusLecter posted:

Just like spam just about any culture connected by the Pacific.

Spam’s biggest thing is availablility compared to shelf life. Spam lasts a lot longer tinned than a lot of actual authentic meats or even preservative-soaked lunchmeats, so it becomes a staple because if you’re living in the middle of the world’s biggest pond, it’s about the only sort of meat you’ll likely see without paying ten times the price.

I’m not gonna begrudge people having to learn how to make edible food out of Mystery Meat because that’s what they can afford.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tiggum posted:

Maybe it's imitation peanut butter.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Maybe it's imitation peanut butter.

Can you believe it?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Allergy free peanut butter is made with sunflower seeds and it is heavenly. I'm kinda sad y'all are making fun of it because that means you haven't had the chance to try some.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What did they do with the good part of the egg though?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

fizzymercy posted:

Allergy free peanut butter is made with sunflower seeds and it is heavenly. I'm kinda sad y'all are making fun of it because that means you haven't had the chance to try some.

Sunflower butter is good, but describing it as “allergy free peanut butter” is weird. It’s an allergy free peanut butter alternative.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercy posted:

If it contains no peanuts, it's sunflower butter

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s simple, you just make peanut butter, but don’t put any allergies in it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

It’s simple, you just make peanut butter, but don’t put any allergies in it

buddy, I put my allergies in everything

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

I’m not gonna begrudge people having to learn how to make edible food out of Mystery Meat because that’s what they can afford.
"mystery meat" it's mostly pork shoulder with some ham

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

buddy, I put my allergies in everything
Same but never heard it called that tbh

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KataraniSword posted:

Spam’s biggest thing is availablility compared to shelf life. Spam lasts a lot longer tinned than a lot of actual authentic meats or even preservative-soaked lunchmeats, so it becomes a staple because if you’re living in the middle of the world’s biggest pond, it’s about the only sort of meat you’ll likely see without paying ten times the price.

Whomst's is begrudging?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Spam isn't bad, and if you grow up with it as a comfort food it gets even better. I'm sure it's popularity in pacific islands is due partially to availability but I doubt people are thinking "ugh, spam, wish I could afford better."

Especially since I'm assuming good fish is quite affordable to locals, but then again, this is the hell that is capitalism and guatemalans drink nescafé so

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/4yuy34X.gifv

Can you imagine how nasty that water delivery system gets and how hard it would be to clean?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/4yuy34X.gifv

Can you imagine how nasty that water delivery system gets and how hard it would be to clean?

it's chlorinated and filtered, like a pool is

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saves on finger bowls!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

boar guy posted:

it's chlorinated and filtered, like a pool is

And full of pee.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I see nothing wrong with this picture. In fact I have consumed all products shown in this picture.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Same, was just a reference to the taco shell meltdown (or whatever you wanna call it) a few days ago

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I put ketchup and vinegar in my KD

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I put ketchup and vinegar in my KD

to this day i recall seeing my cousins pour ketchup all over their mac & cheese at my grandma's house and get horribly confused and disgusted

and i like ketchup. i just.. wtf

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

to this day i recall seeing my cousins pour ketchup all over their mac & cheese at my grandma's house and get horribly confused and disgusted

This fat+carbs doesn't have enough sugar to be appealing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheAardvark posted:

I mean I've put hot sauce on Mac & Cheese before, but ketchup is definitely hosed up

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Children have no knowledge of what foods work together and are probably drunk on power from being able to have an effect on the nature of what they eat.

Cartoon Man posted:

Turn off the water, let the pathway drain, and wipe it down? It might not even be recirculating the water, it could just have a hose on one end.

There's not even much possibility of the water contaminating the food and vice-versa, since it's on a little floating dish. Unlike a more popular japanese thing where they send noodles down a slide that customers have to pick out with their chopsticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6V_6X8TeUI

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

Children have no knowledge of what foods work together and are probably drunk on power from being able to have an effect on the nature of what they eat.

Turn off the water, let the pathway drain, and wipe it down? It might not even be recirculating the water, it could just have a hose on one end.

There's not even much possibility of the water contaminating the food and vice-versa, since it's on a little floating dish. Unlike a more popular japanese thing where they send noodles down a slide that customers have to pick out with their chopsticks.

:barf:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SlothfulCobra posted:

never had the slide noodles, but cold soba in that light soy sauce, it's so good and refreshing.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Especially since I'm assuming good fish is quite affordable to locals, but then again, this is the hell that is capitalism and guatemalans drink nescafé so

In Hawaii at least all the seafood in stores is frozen imports from Alaska and South America and is more expensive than the mainland so yeah capitalism strikes again

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Dec 2, 2020

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbw4SMXSWgo

E: https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-21161542-squirting-mayonnaise-on-top-cheese

dog nougat has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Dec 2, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Thanks i hate it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TheAardvark posted:

I definitely do that, but I often prefer to make the superior alternative to Mac & cheese which is makaronilaatikko. I've never actually eaten any of the food in the picture, not being american.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I definitely do that, but I often prefer to make the superior alternative to Mac & cheese which is makaronilaatikko. I've never actually eaten any of the food in the picture, not being american.

Kraft Dinner is just unimpressive macaroni with powdered "cheese sauce" that very likely has no cheese in it. Most elitists I know of froth at the mouth if you so much as breathe the phrase "mac & cheese" near it, which is why you should call it mac & cheese at every opportunity.

Also, I've found KD definitely goes better with ketchup than actual prepared mac & cheese. Maybe it's something about artificial foods working in artificial harmony. :v:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Spam isn't bad, and if you grow up with it as a comfort food it gets even better. I'm sure it's popularity in pacific islands is due partially to availability but I doubt people are thinking "ugh, spam, wish I could afford better."

Wasn't there some fuss a few years back about the Pacific being overfished? Maybe I'm misremembering. You're right that pricepoint isn't really, like, the biggest contributing factor, though. If anything, I'd figure shelf life was a more appealing draw due to humidity and the like.

And yeah, agreed that if you're okay eating moulded (as in shaped, not growing fungus) pork it's pretty good.