Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I haven't seen cda in a few days and I miss him, I hope he is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Kief Richards posted:

I haven't seen cda in a few days and I miss him, I hope he is okay.

Ya he's taking a break from the forums for a bit, but he's fine and will return like he always does! I can't wait for the cda return party we have to throw, too

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Glutes Are Great posted:

Okay so guys, this is very important, we have to celebrate something special and I said that you guys always party super hard for every reason ever, so we really need to shine here, I'm going to post a party thread and I need you guys to post in it and look good because all the mods and admins are watching and if we don't want to get deleted on Thursday again we should really shine in our ability to throw a super hard forum party

I am prepared to throw my back out, incredibly embarrassingly, on the dance floor to make this party legendary.

Heather Papps

hello friend

currently blasting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemLz_fR1Ac
getting into a party mood

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

Ya he's taking a break from the forums for a bit, but he's fine and will return like he always does! I can't wait for the cda return party we have to throw, too

Okay but I'm not drinking the 4Loko for this one

3D Megadoodoo

Heather Papps posted:

currently blasting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemLz_fR1Ac
getting into a party mood

not enough dancing :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_R_Pi3NSAc

beer pal

Glutes Are Great posted:

good to hear been missing my friend cda

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I will rage like no one has raged since the days of Slurms McKenzie

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I just hope we all get to warm up outside by a nice bonfire at the end of the party, that's always my favorite part!

:pray::pray::pray:

Goons Are Gifts

Alright time to party yobbers, post harder than ever before, because my good friend VideoGames of the games forum is getting married and we need to throw the party he can't have for real. A forums party is the minimum we can do for him!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949885&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Heather Papps

hello friend

do you know what his favourite video games are so we can make fun party jokes he likes?

Goons Are Gifts

Quite sure he plays literally everything, so far I haven't found a game he didn't know, but he does have a special thing for Kirby

Amp

Heather Papps posted:

do you know what his favourite video games are so we can make fun party jokes he likes?

Have I got a post for you!!!

VideoGames posted:

It is a top 30 list and is is thusly:

30. Destiny 2 (PC)
29. NBA Jam Tournament Edition (Megadrive)
28. Fallout 4 (PC)
27. Space Quest IV (PC)
26. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (PC)
25. Steamworld Dig 2 (Switch)
24. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
23. Dead Space (Xbox360)
22. Diablo 3 (PS4)
21. Peggle (PC)
20. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
19. Tetris Effect (PS4)
18. Sonic Mania (Switch)
17. Mass Effect 3 (PC)
16. VVVVVV (PC)
15. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
14. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
13. Quake II (PC)
12. Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4)
11. Prey (PC)
10. Mass Effect (PC)
09. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)
08. Tomb Raider Anniversary (Xbox360)
07. Team Fortress 2 (PC)
06. Yakuza 0 (PS4)
05. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
04. Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
03. Bloodborne (PS4)
02. Nier:Automata (PS4)
01. Portal 2 (PC)

:3: All these wonderful games that I love. (Note, only games I have completed get to go on the list this is why some games that I love are currently missing - I have yet to finish them!)

alnilam

3D Megadoodoo posted:

in brazil they just call them "nut". (I learned this from the seminal motion picture the rundown starring Rosario Dawson, Christopher Walken, The Rock, and Stifler, which i watched twice, once on my own and once with a goon to prove to him that it was worth watching [it was])

i have much to say on this matter!!!

:actually: that is not true, i had that joke in mind when i visited brazil (they make that joke in the simpsons where homer gets kidnapped in Rio, it was definitely after simpsons had gotten not very good anymore but when i was still watching new ones). I wondered what brazil nuts would be really called there. It turns out people call them castanhas do pará or "nuts of pará", pará being the rural northern state where many of them are grown.

I discovered this in the São Paolo airport while waiting for a connecting flight to a small town in Pará, interestingly enough. So I wondered if, when I got to Pará, they would get even more specific? Calling them nuts of some specific town or even the farm they came from or something? Or maybe there they just call them nuts? But no, in Pará the Paraenses still call them castanhas do pará. I guess it's like people in Ohio still call them Ohio Buckeyes.

Also you can't find them in-shell in the US but their shell is loving coconut-level hard to open. You can buy them in-shell but you will struggle with it with a pocket knife for like 5 minutes. In open air markets in Pará you can usually find some guy selling brazil nuts and you can watch him adroitly hacking their shells off with an entire machete, making big chopping strokes every 2-3 seconds with the machete within an inch of his hand holding the nut :ohdear:

ty manifisto

alnilam

my trip to pará was probably the most interesting of any international trips, i've had some really great ones but pará is just full of things you don't see anything even close to anywhere else. i don't know if it takes my favorite, but it definitely takes most interesting. it also helps i was travelling with my gf at the time who was a journalist investigating local activism re: a dam being built, so we went to a lot of really out there places and met some really interesting people

sorry i don't get to reminisce about this trip much and now it has been triggered

ty manifisto

beer pal

so they actually cultivate them on purpose huh, what is it like some kind of prank?

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

Also you can't find them in-shell in the US

:confused:
Yes you can

alnilam

Really? That's cool, i haven't found any. I guess i haven't looked super hard though cause I'd rather get them shelled anyway :cheeky:

ty manifisto

beer pal

i think they should all be shelled if you know what i mean

SIDS Vicious

i not sure what you mean

take the moon

by sebmojo

i cant in conscience abide this misuse of our moth king

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo
nvm disregard irrelevant necro

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
All right now I'm really feeling the seasonal spirit

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

3D Megadoodoo

Yeah they call them para"nuts" everywhere I just like the movie

3D Megadoodoo

I always thought it was paranuts like paramagnetic but I guess not?

3D Megadoodoo

r/nuts is full of in-shells

Prof. Crocodile

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:golfclap:

xcheopis

3D Megadoodoo posted:

more falafel please

forums poster

3D Megadoodoo posted:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
been lurkin, gotta do more postin.

pecan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Stoner Sloth

3D Megadoodoo posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ass-penny

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:vince:

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I ate a truly outrageous amount of ramen and onigiri and now I'm just groaning on my back.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:vincefrog:

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's one of those subreddits i can't even bear to pecan

ChubbyChecker

ChubbyChecker

How Wonderful! posted:

I ate a truly outrageous amount of ramen and onigiri and now I'm just groaning on my back.

a day well spent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

The holiday season makes me reflect on the wonderful people in my posting life, and hoo boy it has been an eventful past couple of months.

It's been great to have pecan, Oh How Wonderful, Horrible Butts, Evan Jelicle, snergle, and Beer Chiller join us.
And it's been nice to have Bingo Bango, bird., Sid Vicious, 3dMegadoodoo, Rick Rogers, Husky DILF, and Kief return.
And it's always nice to see Shall Noise Upon, Relax or Die, Derpies, entropic, deadking, Prurient Squid, Clamdestine Boyster, and Eeoray Mel pop in.
But also it's been a while since I've seen Manifisto or Luvcow, and I hope they are doing well.
And of course both cda and nut are gone but not forgotten.

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone, but also the holiday season makes me drink a lot.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 2, 2020