Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought like a dragon on ps4 like a dolt.

Y0 is great. Kiwami is bad. The only downside of y0 is it really doesn't feel like a game set in the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yakuza rules because it's so unapologetically a video game. More video games need to be like that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The incessant 20 minute cutscenes sure scream game to me

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

NumptyScrub posted:

People have mentioned using a VPN to buy 12 months Gold codes from Brazil as one of the cheapest legit sources, shop around as YMMV (if any friends work for MS the Gold codes are dirt cheap on the MS employee store).

Gold and Game Pass are both half off on the company store, although if you're an MS employee you get free unlimited Game Pass anyway (one 12-month sub code every 11 months): https://studiostokens.azurewebsites.net/

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I couldn't find a better place to post this but it is tangential Xbox stuff. I have the Xbox app on PC and sometimes it'll just not launch certain games. Right now it won't launch Wasteland 3, but will launch Tetris Effect. It launched everything fine yesterday, and the only difference is I've put my computer into standby since then.

Any ideas?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Control is December 3rd (console only). Greedfall is the 10th (console and PC)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

Control confirmed for Gamepass among other games, still unclear if it's the Ultimate edition with DLC and X/S enhanced, but I believe that is the 'box art' of the original, unenhanced edition.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1333834074100690944

drat, Untitled Goose Game is leaving.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ahhh poo poo I missed my chance to get the Ultimate Edition of Control for $20.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If for some reason you haven't played DQ11 yet now you have no excuse. Perfect comfy holiday break game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Definitely, although bear in mind the game is extremely long and will likely only be temporarily on Game Pass (like 6-12 months or some such) without too much advance warning on when exactly the hammer will drop.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NumptyScrub posted:

You stack up Gold time up to a max of 36 months / 3 years. If you do that first, then buy a month of Gamepass Ultimate, it will convert your stacked Gold to Ultimate 1 for 1. You [b]cannot[/i] have a live Ultimate sub to get 1 to 1, if you buy a month of Ultimate then add 12 months of Gold, it converts at 3 to 1 (I think?) instead. If you have Ultimate running, wait until it expires, add the Gold time, and resub to Ultimate ;)

People have mentioned using a VPN to buy 12 months Gold codes from Brazil as one of the cheapest legit sources, shop around as YMMV (if any friends work for MS the Gold codes are dirt cheap on the MS employee store).

Thanks! I’ll have to look at Brazil. I figured those codes would have been region locked, but definitely going to give it a try.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did microsoft rewards remove gamepass ultimate? I only see xbox live gold and PC gamepass on the rewards page.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

Launch day adventure continues.

The order no longer appears in my billing history. Microsoft did re-up the charge on my card today so that’s something. And I thankfully have a screenshot of the order, so I was able to quote the order number to an agent that I chatted with who told me the order is still there (but suggested the pending charge is somehow on the card’s end not their end).

The order has reappeared on my billing history page.

I am so curious about what is going on behind the scenes with the store.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cojawfee posted:

Did microsoft rewards remove gamepass ultimate? I only see xbox live gold and PC gamepass on the rewards page.

It's out of stock, yeah. It'll come back up eventually.

Related: 150 point punch card for clicking a few links every day for the next 5 days - https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/dashboard/ENUS_pcparent_Holiday_punchcard

Also, this month there is a fatty 2000 point punch card in the Xbox rewards app that doesn't require much, and a 500 point Game Pass holiday quest punch card as well. And don't forget your free 100 point treasure too!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

univbee posted:

drat, Untitled Goose Game is leaving.

How does games leaving GP work, if I have it already can I keep playing or does the license get revoked and it won't load anymore? I'm presuming the latter.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

How does games leaving GP work, if I have it already can I keep playing or does the license get revoked and it won't load anymore? I'm presuming the latter.

The latter

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RodShaft posted:

I bought an Xbox One controller to use on my computer awhile back that turned out to have a bad A button. Their register system recognizes the serial number but not as a controller and none of their controller support options take you to a person or allow for a repair without a serial number they just all bring you to the same page asking you for the serial number. I gave up after awhile and use a PS4 controller and don't play any Xbox gamepass games on my computer. I should try again sometime but gently caress like none of their website decisions make any sense.

Here in Australia I had trouble redeeming some codes as I used to have a Canadian account and not only talked to a person on the phone but also got a follow up call from the same person to make sure everything was good. Was impressed.

Contrast this to PlayStation who literally blocked me on twitter, the only way I could contact them, and forced me to create a new account for Australia and lose everything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm still able to launch Metro Exodus and I thought that left gamepass a while ago, so, who knows.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

They'll advertise that you can get it at a discount before it goes.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I just got the final achievement for Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I was the 25th person on True Achievements to complete it, so that's exciting!

Just in case anyone runs into the same bug that I did: if the final secret dungeon doesn't open for you, try downloading the PC version of the game from the Windows Store (since the game is a Play Anywhere title, you own both if you buy it on either the Xbox or Windows stores). I was able to rerun the penultimate secret dungeon and unlock the final dungeon first try.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Thanks! I’ll have to look at Brazil. I figured those codes would have been region locked, but definitely going to give it a try.

Buy it from cdkeys. They are region locked so use a vpn on your phone and redeem it on there. I used tunnel bear, free and has Brazil as an option.

Worst case scenario you webchat with help and they fix it (happened to my brother, not sure why).

I love the way the series x looks, I thought it might be weird but I’m a big fan. Definitely the nicer looking console out of my switch, PS4 slim and big old white Xbox one. Have it next to my tv vertically and it fits nice.

Its also freakishly quiet. I thought I heard the fan the other day, but it was my girlfriends MacBook Pro 15+ feet away.

Impressed, now give us a new game please Phil?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Zerot posted:

I just got the final achievement for Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I was the 25th person on True Achievements to complete it, so that's exciting!

Just in case anyone runs into the same bug that I did: if the final secret dungeon doesn't open for you, try downloading the PC version of the game from the Windows Store (since the game is a Play Anywhere title, you own both if you buy it on either the Xbox or Windows stores). I was able to rerun the penultimate secret dungeon and unlock the final dungeon first try.
Might I ask how you did it? You can spoiler it if you want. I've got the maxed out EX EX weapons for everyone and level 99 everything and I'm getting absolutely demolished 2 or 3 enemies in. The only strat I can think of is just grinding money/minigames and buying a bunch of stat upgrade drinks, but maybe I'm just bad at the game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Here in Australia I had trouble redeeming some codes as I used to have a Canadian account and not only talked to a person on the phone but also got a follow up call from the same person to make sure everything was good. Was impressed.

Contrast this to PlayStation who literally blocked me on twitter, the only way I could contact them, and forced me to create a new account for Australia and lose everything.

Yeah PlayStation codes from PAL territories can't be redeemed on North American accounts. That said you can have multiple accounts and use stuff from all of them including from different regions, like if you activated your Canadian PSN account onto your PlayStation you'd get all your stuff that way (although since it's the North American SKUs you'll miss out on the PAL experience of some games being like 5-10 gigs larger to include German and Italian audio options).

Although games are all region free, Sony enforces region restrictions in a legal sense in some pretty specific ways to contend with games having nuanced releases in different regions (e.g. Saints Row IV has a custom version in Australia that made drugs look consequence-free which is a hard ban there, and it's not multiplayer-capable with other editions) and having different publishers and the like. Microsoft is definitely more fast and loose with this stuff (e.g. I think you've mentioned that games with a hard ban in Australia will still show up on Game Pass), Sony seems more fearful of consequences from those types of actions.

And support definitely cuts both ways, I had Microsoft outright eat codes for paid DLC (I put them into the website and they got added as corrupt items to my account and prevented the codes from being reused) and they did literally nothing for me.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

Might I ask how you did it? You can spoiler it if you want. I've got the maxed out EX EX weapons for everyone and level 99 everything and I'm getting absolutely demolished 2 or 3 enemies in. The only strat I can think of is just grinding money/minigames and buying a bunch of stat upgrade drinks, but maybe I'm just bad at the game.

You have every job at level 99 and you're getting hurt that much?

I don't have too many tips because it really seems like a stat check. I put HP-increasing accessories on my characters because the enemies hit like trucks and I bought all the healing items in all the shops that I could carry. I used Kasuga's skill that lets him survive a one-hit kill in every boss battle. Any floor that had an easily accessible healing station let me go full out on every battle and conserve my restorative items. I played aggressively and anyone got knocked out in battle I didn't bother reviving them except in boss battles.

I had Saeko as an Idol and her healing was instrumental. I don't know if I could have completed the dungeon without her. I also used Kasuga's summons every round in the boss battles. Mr. Masochist was especially helpful in the final battle.

I'm sorry I don't have any great advice for it. I dunno if there are any tricks other than stack HP as much as you can.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Guess I'll have to just keep playing around with the different jobs and their synergies. For most of the 2nd half of the game I've just been running a straight DSP build with hitman/gangster and never built much healing or defense.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

*clears throat*

RULES OF NATURE!!!!!

I can now fully appreciate this breakdown of that track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npxxDOziOoY

When that music kicked in I couldn't help but grin like an idiot, it's such an over the top game in the best way possible, totally lives up to the reputation.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Speaking of over the top games I see Asuras Wrath is BC, maybe I’ll finally give that a try.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gonna finally try out gang beasts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

Speaking of over the top games I see Asuras Wrath is BC, maybe I’ll finally give that a try.

Note: it owns but the dlc is mandatory for completing the story cause capcom used to suck big rear end

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know where I can get a longer hdmi cord for this thing

Also what bc games are the best on xbox x

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Morrowind 60fps 4K :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Anyone know where I can get a longer hdmi cord for this thing

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Morrowind 60fps 4K :allears:

Ooo baby

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Also yes this it’s loving incredible

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kinda embarrasing how the series x feels like a upgrade compared to the ps5..like the ui is the same, the controller is also.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
PS4 had a bad controller and UI, meanwhile Xbox was perfect.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS4 UI sucks and I'm a big PS4 fan. It's loving crap, always has been.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PS5 UI has grown on me, but it still needs some work. Themes are not supported and I miss my corn roasting theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who is still looking to buy a Series X? :v: https://gear.xbox.com/collections/pins/products/xbox-series-x-console-pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What should I play on this if I also have a ps5