Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

sk posted:

whenever i need to identify a sequence (which is surprisingly often?), my first stop is the OEIS

IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Anyway, solved! Thanks!

That was an evil puzzle, Terry

:argh:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

sk posted:

whenever i need to identify a sequence (which is surprisingly often?), my first stop is the OEIS

this would have been so much easier than what i did :negative:

now i understand why the answer i found is the correct answer lol

seriously i looked at the sequence, did some math shenanigans, and made an educated guess that the answer was within a certain 100-number range and brute-forced it, one by one :negative::negative::negative:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

magic cactus

12:riven:1-11:myst

google THIS

I figured it out by literally typing all the numbers into the search bar. I really do earn my name v:shobon:v

more falafel please

forums poster

google THIS posted:

I figured it out by literally typing all the numbers into the search bar. I really do earn my name v:shobon:v

I did this too but when I saw the first result was OEIS I was like "ok cool that's definitely it"

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

lol i have no idea how to even get the information to attempt solving this

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

biosterous

Stoner Sloth posted:

lol i have no idea how to even get the information to attempt solving this

in previous puzzles you can find it if you really look hard :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

in previous puzzles you can find it if you really look hard :buddy:

lol thanks, i was overlooking the obvious thinking it had to be something more hidden!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

oh and success on twelve if that wasn't obvious from previous post lol

Terry Harri

Wow, 33 new posts WAIT A MINUTE.

What did I tell you?! God dangit, how did you even get past my blockade?!

Ugh, that's it.

I'm going ahead and editing the second post in the thread to contain short lists of thoughts and actions you should, under no circumstance, ever think or do while on these different sites.

The thoughts will be increasingly dangerous from 1-3 so please be less likely to think or do them in that order. You really shouldn't even check out number 1. I'm only putting them there so you know to not do them.

:colbert:

It doesn't even matter. I'm also going to make things more difficult today. You'll face your hardest task yet. One that I suspect only a handful of posters might help you with.

Terry Harri

There, I added it.

If you're stuck on a site or a password, GOOD.

I recommend checking the second post for things NOT to do and then not doing them and minding your own business and responsibly visiting the Nuthatch daily to keep up this domain traffic.

I'll continue to add more things not to do around a day after each site is dug up. Mainly, so I can watch you struggle before you obediently don't do the things I post.

google THIS

What if this isn't Terry's final form? :ohdear:

alnilam

Terry I'm starting to worry that perhaps you don't really embody the byob spirit after all, in the way i first thought you did

ty manifisto

alnilam

terry since the masks are off guess what i have successfully hacked your 12th website binch... what are you gonna do about it. i'm the main guy from overdrawn at the memory bank i'm interfaced.

ty manifisto

vanisher

Terri let's find an amicable solution we don't need to fight

Wild nuts need to run free in the wild to live and post, just like nuthatches

do the right thing sir

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

vanisher posted:

Terri let's find an amicable solution we don't need to fight

Wild nuts need to run free in the wild to live and post, just like nuthatches

do the right thing sir

terry post nuts

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

terry don't look at this post there is no secret chat here

:evilbuddy:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

I like chickadees. There I said it. I'm gonna go watch for some chickadees right now. I am hoping to find upwards of four in the coming days.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Hack the Gibson.

Terry Harri

alnilam posted:

terry since the masks are off guess what i have successfully hacked your 12th website binch... what are you gonna do about it. i'm the main guy from overdrawn at the memory bank i'm interfaced.

If I knew what a binch was (South African bench?), I'm sure I'd be steamed. But for now I will revel in my ignorance. And perhaps also your ignorance for how to proceed through the next puzzle.

Heather Papps posted:

terry don't look at this post there is no secret chat here

:evilbuddy:

google THIS posted:

I like chickadees. There I said it. I'm gonna go watch for some chickadees right now. I am hoping to find upwards of four in the coming days.

I call them chickadon'ts. What Nuthatches can do, they chickadon't. L.O.L.

sk posted:

terry post nuts

Haven't you done enough?

Prurient Squid posted:

Hack the Gibson.

Please leave my guitar alone.

Hope you all enjoyed the ride while it lasted. I will respect your humble bowing out here.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i don't know what the password is but i'm pretty sure it's going to include a typo

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

i don't know what the password is but i'm pretty sure it's going to include a typo

magic cactus

idk if this helps but nut has several threads in the goldmine

biosterous

ah, finally solved five! one of the things i had tried was pretty dang close - of every three digit sequence, i had the first and second swapped with each other. thanks for your help, terry!

e: puzzle 13 has been found, time to take a look!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Terry Harri

biosterous posted:

ah, finally solved five! one of the things i had tried was pretty dang close - of every three digit sequence, i had the first and second swapped with each other. thanks for your help, terry!

I didn't help you one bit, god dang it.

Heather Papps posted:

L.O.L. if you think I would ever make a typo. I would never. Too gauche.

more falafel please

forums poster

does anyone have any ideas about how we're supposed to find 13-16?

biosterous

puzzle 13 is available outside, but nobody has solved it yet (or they haven't posted that they've solved it anyway)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Terry Harri

more falafel please posted:

does anyone have any ideas about how we're supposed to find 13-16?

Hmm, sounds like someone hasn't solved puzzle 12. Well, good!

At most, please refer to the second post of this thread for more things to not do to ensure you're stagnation in the process. I hope it will help expedite your eventual apathy towards bringing nut back.

:twisted:

Goons Are Gifts

we're building a task force to actively stagnate on this process forever in order to ensure nut can stay locked away like he's meant to be

more falafel please

forums poster

biosterous posted:

puzzle 13 is available outside, but nobody has solved it yet (or they haven't posted that they've solved it anyway)

oh poo poo haha I hadn't looked again, there wasn't a link originally

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
guys Terry has a very good point here. what if nut is having a very good time and what we think are screams are just the result of nut riding a really cool rollercoaster with all kinds of fun loops and hills and stuff to cruise around on

google THIS

Having trouble spotting my first or possibly thirteenth chickadee.

So we've got funny typos, a shot of the NPR studio that says "wait wait don't solve me," and a Nutelodeon Time Blaster AM/FM clock radio. That's all I got.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

google THIS posted:

Having trouble spotting my first or possibly thirteenth chickadee.

So we've got funny typos, a shot of the NPR studio that says "wait wait don't solve me," and a Nutelodeon Time Blaster AM/FM clock radio. That's all I got.

i recognize the intro music from the disney music thread, but the outro sounds like midi? i'm wondering if that's important but i don't know what song it is :shrug:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am starting to wonder if maybe there is a clue in the image?

the shape of knuts hands in this make me... i don't know!

Terry Harri

You guys listen to BYOB Radio, too? I absolutely hate the host, but I'm a big fan of the music.

beer pal

hello i would like to brag that i am very smart and i solved the puzzle

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

beer pal posted:

hello i would like to brag that i am very smart and i solved the puzzle

what are your secrets beer pal

beer pal

well u see what helped me a lot is that im very smart and handsome and well dressed and charismatic and i have perfect pitch and im a good cook

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

beer pal posted:

well u see what helped me a lot is that im very smart and handsome and well dressed and charismatic and i have perfect pitch and im a good cook

thirteen solved terry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

thirteen solved!

there's probably some non-spoily way to make a certain reference to avatar the last airbender but i can't think of it oh well

gallery of sigs

he/him