Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Think I'm going to go to the gym now it's reopened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

it does suck that keith is likely just gonna be swept in as the not murderously incompetent candidate, during an election between authoritarianism and libertarianism

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

quote:

In 2006, the firm had changed the product to a newer version called ‘new technology’ K15 which had turned a December 2007 testing rig into a “raging inferno” that had to be extinguished out of fears it would endanger the testing laboratory.

Sounds fine, carry on.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I doubt that will happen (legally, at least). Simply because there's such a high demand for the vaccine all the sales are spoken for by national governments - there's no extra production to sell privately. I have no doubt they'll be cases of vaccine being stolen/"lost" from government hands because we're dealing with such large numbers some is gonna go missing. But there's just not the supply to support semi legal queue jumping by the rich.

That's a good point that I'd missed. Suspect we'll be seeing celebs/politicians find ways to categorise themselves to get a vaccine early on though (maybe an exception for public figures or something ridiculous).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Less moving parts in a 3D printer funnily enough.

So you're saying we should all be printing with plotters then? I'm up for that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

That's a good point that I'd missed. Suspect we'll be seeing celebs/politicians find ways to categorise themselves to get a vaccine early on though (maybe an exception for public figures or something ridiculous).

Explains why Hancock said he'd get it live on TV lol

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Jose posted:

Bad idea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm aware. thinking of going after 9pm when it'll be really quiet at least

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jose posted:

I'd give it a year

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Jose posted:

Explains why Hancock said he'd get it live on TV lol

Yea I'd not be surprised if the government prioritizes vaccinating their own MPs to "boost public confidence in vaccinations" but that'll be public and not freely bought, but with connections.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What I'm hearing is that there is a strong possibility the vaccine will achieve spontaneous cold fusion the minute the UK government gets their hands on it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Every time I go to the dentist she keeps basically negging me
BChd GDC PUA

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Cefte posted:

I suspect a monochrome document printer with 1 mm x,y resolution could be equivalently friendly. Apart from the paper jams.

The (theoretical) resolution on my 3D printer is considerably better than that - I've printed stuff down to 0.1mm tolerance* with no problem once you account for the expansion/contraction from the printing process. I could probably do better with a smaller nozzle than the 0.4mm stock one but obviously that vastly decreases speed.

Direct-drive printers can do even better resolution with properly-chosen materials and conditions, like down to dozen microns, but then they have about the same relationship to home (or even mid-range professional) 3D printers as the Brother laser printer I actually use when I need to print stuff does to the printers they use in chip fabrication.

* The variance is closer to 0.5mm but you use tricks like printing the two parts that have to mesh sequentially on the same part of the bed so the variance is consistent, and like I say the expansion and contraction as it prints can be up to a couple of mms depending on the part, so you have to account for all these. Admittedly this is kinda going against my original point that 3D printers are less of a pain than 2D ones, but I've never had to print a document that physically engages with another document beyond various attempts to print >A4 posters from A4 paper. For the 3D print equivalent of "Just need to print out this letter" - e.g. the custom RPi case I'm making at the moment - you just paste it to the slicer, hit the button, and walk away - and you don't have to cope with a 1GB driver that keeps breaking into other things to remind you to order more filament.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55156512

quote:

EasyJet customers who want to use overhead luggage lockers will have to buy more expensive tickets.

In a move which provoked criticism on social media, Easyjet said the changes to its luggage policy will start on 10 February.

Customers who don't buy the more expensive tickets will be restricted to putting a small carry-on bag under their seat.

Easyjet said the changes would improve punctuality.

But some customers reacted with dismay on Twitter, with one calling it an "absolutely terrible move".

"Like Ryanair, [they are] monetising every opportunity in a race to the bottom," they said.

Another accused the airline of changing the conditions of their ticket after they had bought it.

"I imagine there is some small letter in the terms to allow you to do it, but it is not right is it?"

not quite as funny as O'Leary's 'standing seats' proposal but it's up there

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:capitalism:

https://twitter.com/MattTempest/status/1333880206373888004?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

private equity is the biggest scam ever just invest money in a company then strip it bare, load it up with debt and let it go bust and make a poo poo ton of money

just requires you have enough money for the initial investment

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
EasyJet tickets come in three levels:

Basic - You enter a plane. There is no pilot or crew. After an hour you get out. Discount for return tickets.
Standard - You enter a plane. It is a DeHavilland Comet that hasn't been tested since 1963. You may arrive at your destination.
Luxury - You enter a plane. It is an Airbus with a trained crew. A man next to you screams Donald Trump speeches constantly. He can be silenced for £50 extra.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
just print everything out by getting a 3d printer to make a flat sheet with the document on it. easy

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I had a RyanAir-esque idea once. Passengers have to put a £1 coin in the slot to recline their chair back, but - and here's the key part - it's free for the front row. I call it the domino cash cow.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I had a RyanAir-esque idea once. Passengers have to put a £1 coin in the slot to recline their chair back, but - and here's the key part - it's free for the front row. I call it the domino cash cow.

That's ingeniously evil

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress it i just joined the NIP

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

A man next to you screams Donald Trump speeches constantly.

(From January) Yeah...looks like...

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Jose posted:

tories trying to claim responsibility for the vaccine now lol

https://twitter.com/AlokSharma_RDG/status/1334031199535325185?s=20

"Led the charge" with human sacrifices, maybe.

Also wtf is going on with all these dentist horror stories. I had my check-up overdue, so called my local at the end of Oct, was told they're booked up for regular check-ups until February, so that's what I should expect unless there are any issues. I said there *might* be an issue seeing as I'd been feeling some occasional ache on the side where I'd had fillings, so wouldn't want to risk waiting until February in case one of them would need re-filling.

Bam, got an appointment within a week or so, then a follow-up next week as it turned out I needed wisdom tooth removed. Then also registered for hygienist in January, just 'cause I could.
All on NHS, although they do private too.

Now not sure if I'm just very lucky with my practice, or if you guys have been extremely unlucky?

Not that I have lots of faith in NHS in general though, especially lately. My friend's partner had a stroke this summer, and the hospital/care horror stories she tells are something else...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/Freedland/status/1334142689927966721?s=20

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do like the forums and also allow people to pay 50p to put the chair in front of them back up

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Populists: Get Brexit Done! Make America Great! Preserve Our Homeland! No More Refugees!
Centrists: What people really want is politics as nuanced market research rather than snappy slogans that turn a lot of people off.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

It's amazing how the instant there's no threat of change occurring these ghouls all fall back to saying "God I wish we could do things differently but we have to be practical".

BLM started under Obama. Obama did nothing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Scarfolk/status/1334117382059659264

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you believe, as I do, that all of history is wrong, then you should do what I say to do.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

u brexit ukip it posted:

Do like the forums and also allow people to pay 50p to put the chair in front of them back up

Charge people who want to put their seats back £5 and also let the people behind pay 50p to shove the person putting their seat back's dinner into their face and another 50p to smack the little tv screen into their foreheads too.

Being able to put your seat back should be subject to :guillotine:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Well? Did it work

No unfortunately not. I also cleaned the hole by the cartridge with the plastic stick thing.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lord of the Llamas posted:

No unfortunately not. I also cleaned the hole by the cartridge with the plastic stick thing.

Assuming you're using a laptop or desktop not a phone, if you look in the settings, find printers and click the one for your printer, there is probably a 'maintenance' tab in there which might advise you.

Also, check whether you have your printing from whichever program you are using NOT set to 'draft' or 'economy' or 'ink saver'.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If Boris Johnson was the one who wrote the word down then I think I can guess it easily.

Whether I'd want to say it is another matter.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Charge people who want to put their seats back £5 and also let the people behind pay 50p to shove the person putting their seat back's dinner into their face and another 50p to smack the little tv screen into their foreheads too.

Being able to put your seat back should be subject to :guillotine:

Correct. Only assholes tilt their seat back on an airplane when there's someone behind them.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

i'm aware. thinking of going after 9pm when it'll be really quiet at least

I'm going at 5am tomorrow, before the germs have woken up.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm going at 5am tomorrow, before the germs have woken up.

Which reminds me, it's that time of the year:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Miftan posted:

Correct. Only assholes tilt their seat back on an airplane when there's someone behind them.

A couple years ago I boarded a plane and immediately wedged something (a book maybe? I can't remember) between my seat and the seat in front of me, covering it up with my hoodie. Sure enough 5 minutes after the plane took off the woman in front of me was trying to recline and became visibly distressed and frustrated that the mechanism was 'broken', while I sat there being smug as all gently caress.

I have long legs so recliners can go gently caress themselves. That having been said if they'd had the courage to ask I'd have happily let them, at least for a few hours

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
The only acceptable time to recline is in a long haul after the meal has been cleared and people are going to sleep. And even then only if the person behind you has agreed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Which reminds me, it's that time of the year:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Miftan posted:

No, the assholes are the ones who built the plan so cramped that you can't comfortably recline a reclinable seat in the first place.