Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Hey Cole, I know you sometimes feel super depressed and alone. I just want to say that you've got a friend in me anytime you need help, whether its someone to talk to or a place to vacation here in southern Sweden. And its all thanks to you being the kind of guy who looks at depressing poo poo like this and tries to organize help for the people suffering instead of looking away or making up excuses why that isn't real suffering or some poo poo (I'm not saying that this applies to anyone else in here, cause it really doesn't).

Thanks to you, I'm trying to get as many friends and family as I can to join me in making the lives of these poor kids a little less horrible. Don't ever think you are all alone when you have the power to sway people across the planet like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Who?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That one 80s singer. I don't know why she'd need a pardon from Trump, though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
With her whole family in jail she gonna start singing the song

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly I think inauguration Cyrus Vance needs to indict and attempt to extricate or at the least prevent them from traveling outside the country and surrendering their passports (although I’m not sure what the mechanics for that are or if it’s possible just based on an investigation).

That said I could see Trump just hanging out in Florida and DeSantis refusing to extradite him. Would be amusing to have Florida be his Ecuadorian embassy prison.

Only 4 people have been elected to be the DA of NY County in 78 years. Its probably the most powerful local jurisdiction in the country. I don't see that happening absent an almost literal smoking gun scenario.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1334082139445489664?s=20

Remember when 2,996 people died on a single day and everyone in charge banded together to "never forget" and send us and our friends to get hosed up in a sandy and/or mountainous 3rd world country?

2,597 dead in a single day doesnt even make the front page.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1333931879108661248?s=21

Beyond very high death counts, record level of hospitalization and many states re-entering or surpassing previous waves’ all time bad numbers.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Sacrist65 posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1334082139445489664?s=20

Remember when 2,996 people died on a single day and everyone in charge banded together to "never forget" and send us and our friends to get hosed up in a sandy and/or mountainous 3rd world country?

2,597 dead in a single day doesnt even make the front page.

Yea, but Covid isn't a source of oil nor can Raytheon develop some cool lazer bomb to to drop on it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1334132083653029894?s=21

One weird trick to be irritated by vote results! (It’s the other side also voting)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1334132083653029894?s=21

One weird trick to be irritated by vote results! (It’s the other side also voting)

Turns out preventing the other side from voting wins elections.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1334132952762966017?s=20

Noted foreign agent for Turkey and pardoned felon Flynn has some opinions

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So by that logic, Flynn would be cool with Biden launching Tomahawk strikes on FoxNews’ headquarters?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I mean, we all already knew this, but guess who the primary PPP loan beneficiaries were:

https://twitter.com/CommieGIR/status/1334134582778753025?s=20

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1333931879108661248?s=21

Beyond very high death counts, record level of hospitalization and many states re-entering or surpassing previous waves’ all time bad numbers.

My mom and 3 aunt's are all in healthcare around Puget Sound or one Boise and one in SE Alaska. My fiance just started nannying for a doctor in Olympia where we're at.

On our Thanksgiving Zoom call as we went around and talked how everyone is doing, it was pretty much a role call of "Yeah Kaiser hospitals are getting pretty drat full." "Boise is the fullest it's ever been." "Peninsula is not looking good." The worst though is the doctor in Olympia, apparently he's holding the phone for patients last video calls with their families and they are sending patients that are stable to Oregon hospitals apparently. Ancedotal, but, his estimate of survival rate once people are admitted to the ICU is around 10%.

Stay safe, stay home, review your bubble with people through honest conversation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can’t stay home, gotta work

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

stackofflapjacks posted:

My mom and 3 aunt's are all in healthcare around Puget Sound or one Boise and one in SE Alaska. My fiance just started nannying for a doctor in Olympia where we're at.

On our Thanksgiving Zoom call as we went around and talked how everyone is doing, it was pretty much a role call of "Yeah Kaiser hospitals are getting pretty drat full." "Boise is the fullest it's ever been." "Peninsula is not looking good." The worst though is the doctor in Olympia, apparently he's holding the phone for patients last video calls with their families and they are sending patients that are stable to Oregon hospitals apparently. Ancedotal, but, his estimate of survival rate once people are admitted to the ICU is around 10%.

Stay safe, stay home, review your bubble with people through honest conversation.

Most ICU COVID stats that I've seen reported are in the 10-20% range.

My mom(M) on zoom: COVID is getting terrible around here. People should stay inside.
*Takes phone call
M:Oh I'm going to so-and-so's house after this for dinner
Me (T) - Uh mom - that's one of the new main vectors for COVID are these small get togethers.
M: It's fine, I'll wear my mask
T: You're wearing a mask the entire time, at an indoor dinner party
M: Yes
T: So you're not eating?
M: Oh
T: Why are you going to an indoor dinner party?
M: Good point, maybe they can do this outside

Sigh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

stackofflapjacks posted:

10% is what they told my dad is the survival rate of people on ventilators. ICU survival is higher, but if you're bad enough for a vent your chances are slim. This is, in part, because they do not vent now unless you're dire.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sacrist65 posted:

Only 4 people have been elected to be the DA of NY County in 78 years. Its probably the most powerful local jurisdiction in the country. I don't see that happening absent an almost literal smoking gun scenario.

Yeah, I’m just concerned he’s going to fly out of the country and never come back.

Hell I wouldn’t even put it past him “converting to Judaism” and claiming right of return in Israel...actually I could see Jared and Ivanka (who obviously don’t need to convert) doing that too.

Edit: I know the Meyer Lansky exception and a few recent ones, but I don’t recall the details enough off hand.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TCD posted:

T: Why are you going to an indoor dinner party?
M: Good point, maybe they can do this outside

Sigh

It would be like all the restaurants around here with “outdoor seating” in a fully enclosed tent. Good job, it’s indoors but with even less air circulation! :coronatoot:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

How dumb is it to rent a car and drive to Ohio to a house with like 5 people? I got invited this year and made a sad resolution last Christmas that I wouldn’t spend this Christmas alone. But it’s not a resolution worth dying over.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

what are the odds of travel prices across the board skyrocketing after a mass produced vaccine gets distributed? Are airlines going to claim how broke they are and lay a bunch of people off right before the biggest rush for tickets in probably our lifetime?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Woofer posted:

How dumb is it to rent a car and drive to Ohio to a house with like 5 people? I got invited this year and made a sad resolution last Christmas that I wouldn’t spend this Christmas alone. But it’s not a resolution worth dying over.

how many public rest stops will you have to enter on the trip?

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 2, 2020

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Is Monty invited as well?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Woofer posted:

I'm thinking acceptable to medium-dumb. Very good that you're driving and not flying, semi-bad that you're not just videocalling, bad to very bad about the house. I'm feeling the sad/lonely thing, so I get it, and I'll be driving to separately see my mom/dad like I did for Thanksgiving (15 and 30 minutes away).

How active are these five people in the house and how serious are they taking preventative measures? Do they all work at home? Do you trust them enough to believe what they say about the measures they're taking? Will they/you get tested beforehand? Is that more like a household of 5 people, or five households of one person? And do you have family that you could potentially spread to?

Woofer posted:

what are the odds of travel prices across the board skyrocketing after a mass produced vaccine gets distributed? Are airlines going to claim how broke they are and lay a bunch of people off right before the biggest rush for tickets in probably our lifetime?

I really don't know. The vaccine rollout will be slow and there probably won't be a magic date when everyone gets good again, until primarily summer. There will be an absolute shitpile of demand, but it likely won't be all at once. The airlines will hire back hella people once that happens though.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Woofer posted:

Even when the vaccines are produced, it's going to take a number of months to get them distributed. So you won't see a sharp travel spike. And business travel may come back slower so you won't see the same peaks. As for claiming how broke they are, they always do that. They will always claim poverty. But they aren't likely to do another round of layoffs just yet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

Cole...please don’t. Hey always a good time to adopt an animal.

I mean Ohio in general is a don’t in regular times.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

There’s way too many variables for me to guarantee safety so I’m 99% sure I’m going to pass on going. It just sucks to spend another Christmas alone (like I have for the last six? or so years save for one horrible trip back home a couple years ago).

I’m tired of being lonely on the loving holidays.

Sorry, this is all irrelevant and I’ll take it to another thread.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

There’s way too many variables for me to guarantee safety so I’m 99% sure I’m going to pass on going. It just sucks to spend another Christmas alone (like I have for the last six? or so years save for one horrible trip back home a couple years ago).

Sorry, this is all irrelevant and I’ll take it to another thread.

Doggy or cat time?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Woofer posted:

If you need special poo poo to do, there's a Ron Funches show on the 5th, Primus on the 11th, Electric Six on the 22nd, and a Titus stand-up show for New Years. The livestreamed shows have been my lifeline to normalcy through this time.

And for all y'all navy/saltsuckers:

https://twitter.com/oliviasolon/status/1334173151597621248?s=19

Worth your time. Carving up ships for scrap with chains.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

If you need special poo poo to do, there's a Ron Funches show on the 5th, Primus on the 11th, Electric Six on the 22nd, and a Titus stand-up show for New Years. The livestreamed shows have been my lifeline to normalcy through this time.

And for all y'all navy/saltsuckers:

https://twitter.com/oliviasolon/status/1334173151597621248?s=19

Worth your time. Carving up ships for scrap with chains.

Oh my.

I want all of those factory-new tires...to stab them again.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/AnsgarTOdinson/...ingawful.com%2F

Works as advertised, 0/5 stars.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

If only someone had told them what a Faraday cage was :thunk:

Oh well, better than the Quantum Shield woo stuff that has actual Thorium Dioxide in it. Nothing like fighting the Five Gees with Ionization Radiation (granted, mostly Alpha).

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I always wanted to bulk order a bunch of little gold aluminum pyramids or cubes with a sticky pad on one side, and sell them as electro-harmonic frequency dampeners for audiophiles and people who think they have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. At least this actually does what it's supposed to do, even if the rubes were too stupid to figure it out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

I always wanted to bulk order a bunch of little gold aluminum pyramids or cubes with a sticky pad on one side, and sell them as electro-harmonic frequency dampeners for audiophiles and people who think they have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. At least this actually does what it's supposed to do, even if the rubes were too stupid to figure it out.

You'd have to charge at least $200 for such a wonderful product. Maybe 2 for $500, make sure to get one on each speaker.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

You'd have to charge at least $200 for such a wonderful product. Maybe 2 for $500, make sure to get one on each speaker.

$200 for the 14k gold. For the entry level audiophile. The more pure and thus vastly better 24k gold version is a mere $1000. Getting a pair that are harmonically synchronized is $3000.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nephzinho posted:

Just stick vacuum tubes on it, they'll pay more than $200 for that.

They don't have to function, no.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Well looks like we just sold out the initial production run, better start the waitlist.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1334112581431087108

quote:

Reality check: Several allies who talk regularly to Trump told Axios they believe he'll announce for 2024, but ultimately not make the run because of what one Republican close to Trump called "hurdles he has never before experienced."

"I think he will have more trouble than he can begin to imagine," the Republican said. "No one is going to let him have a free pass in the primary."
"The only question left open is whether the media will give up their addiction to him or not — that will determine a great deal."

When Axios asked if that was a reference more to political trouble, financial trouble or legal trouble, the person replied: "Yes."

But announcing would complicate moves by 2024 rivals and would feed Trump his drug — coverage.

Is it even possible for the "LAMESTREAM MEDIA" to ignore Trump once he's out of office to stop him from getting his free publicity?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1334112581431087108

Is it even possible for the "LAMESTREAM MEDIA" to ignore Trump once he's out of office to stop him from getting his free publicity?

Unfortunately I expect that he’s not going anywhere for a long long time. Even after he dies there’s going to be a vocal minority that won’t shut the gently caress up about him.

Or maybe fortunately since people are probably going to have legit withdrawals if he stopped getting coverage. I’m genuinely interested in reading about the mental health impacts of him not being around anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I think people that didn't vote for him will no longer care what he has to say since he's no longer President and not able to directly impact their lives with his bullshit. He's not even out yet and he's starting to lose Twitter followers in droves. I think he will continue to be prominent in Right Wing media but scarcely mentioned on everything else.