Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

"Neera as drunk sorority alpha" is a terrific bit, and I'm so excited for her confirmation hearing.

amber referenced this old sketch and it's spot on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hekzz4Y93Fo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

theater of delights now includes Zerial

(and Police Academia and Pedophile Highschool)

in addition to the vastly more batshit first season/story, Perilous Grounds! all for free! what a deal!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

absolutely gutted to learn that will pronounces mario like someone's grandma from the 80s

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

oh gently caress virgil's doing it now

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

oh gently caress virgil's doing it now

yet more proof of his crimes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

theater of delights now includes Zerial

(and Police Academia and Pedophile Highschool)

in addition to the vastly more batshit first season/story, Perilous Grounds! all for free! what a deal!

alex ptak is a misunderstood genius

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the only mispronunciation more grating than short-A Mario is when Brits do the same thing to the word pasta

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

c-spam, united at last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU80R7jGanE

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Wait until you see video. RECENT video. I saw something from her on Bill Maher in like 2019 or something and she has NUCLEAR-WHITENED TEETH. Just disgusting.

anyone with teeth that white is a psychopath who cannot be trusted at all

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gh0stpinballa posted:

this is a super fun and insane show

yeah I got to the episode covering the avengers set visit contest and holy gently caress this goes some places. it's definetely primo C-SPAM content, as the rich gently caress over the poor in the hopes of hashtag be seen by Jeremy Renner on Rensday

also we can't forget the completely insane jeremy renner attempts a music career chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfV29GcN6A0

this is loving garbage!!! it sucks so much poo poo!!! goddamn!!

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

gh0stpinballa posted:

i found a good one called ex.haust, about why it feels like there is no future

https://pca.st/podcast/0202c130-d5c0-0138-e77f-0acc26574db2

I've been listening to this one, and it's one of my new favorites. I found Episode 7 particularly interesting. The idea of self-instrumentalization is relatable and so widespread. Seems like most people have their 'thing' where they are instrumentalizing their life to some degree in at least some aspect.

For example, I've noticed loosely categorizing tasks in my life between stuff I need to do and stuff I want to do. For the 'needs' there's a tendency to either put things off or get them out of the way asap so I can get to the 'wants,' which ostensibly should be a truer expression of my personal freedom. So the way they connected pleasure maximization with efficiency maximization in the show really resonated there. Like, walking my dog is a 'need.' Gotta do it. Maybe I had a choice before I got him, but now I do not. But if walking my dog is categorized in my brain as a 'need,' then the efficiency maximization program in my brain kicks in. Looking back, I've noticed his walk after work shortening over the months. With efficiency brain, if he shits and pisses then the goal of the walk is complete, and I can more quickly move on to my wants. Of course, this is deranged. Walking my dog is both the experience and cultivation of one of the most meaningful relationships I have in my life. I should spend my time working, paying my bills, and washing my rear end SO THAT I have those quiet, peaceful moments, the things I should cherish rather than moving on to the next thing as an end in itself. Whether or not it's a personal obligation should not affect that aspect.

Maybe all simple stuff, perhaps even all lessons and ideas that I knew full well when I was younger. But the nature of our world subtly pushes the psyche towards self-instrumentalization so that I'll probably be needing to constantly check myself for my whole life. Thought provoking pod, at least. The initial anecdote about the redditors learning language was just so, so good too. I will think about the idea of listening to music as 'inefficient' for a long time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i haven’t finished it, but the exhaust guys were on you can’t win this week

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I take no pleasure in reporting that Amber was awesome this weeks episode and she should concentrate a lot more on eviscerating libs and less on pretending to be smart

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

out on the town eviscerating libs with my friends. theyre all just out of frame, posting too.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

zegermans posted:

I take no pleasure in reporting that Amber was awesome this weeks episode and she should concentrate a lot more on eviscerating libs and less on pretending to be smart

shes way smarter than you dude. you're zegermans

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

A Bag of Milk posted:

I've been listening to this one, and it's one of my new favorites. I found Episode 7 particularly interesting. The idea of self-instrumentalization is relatable and so widespread. Seems like most people have their 'thing' where they are instrumentalizing their life to some degree in at least some aspect.

For example, I've noticed loosely categorizing tasks in my life between stuff I need to do and stuff I want to do. For the 'needs' there's a tendency to either put things off or get them out of the way asap so I can get to the 'wants,' which ostensibly should be a truer expression of my personal freedom. So the way they connected pleasure maximization with efficiency maximization in the show really resonated there. Like, walking my dog is a 'need.' Gotta do it. Maybe I had a choice before I got him, but now I do not. But if walking my dog is categorized in my brain as a 'need,' then the efficiency maximization program in my brain kicks in. Looking back, I've noticed his walk after work shortening over the months. With efficiency brain, if he shits and pisses then the goal of the walk is complete, and I can more quickly move on to my wants. Of course, this is deranged. Walking my dog is both the experience and cultivation of one of the most meaningful relationships I have in my life. I should spend my time working, paying my bills, and washing my rear end SO THAT I have those quiet, peaceful moments, the things I should cherish rather than moving on to the next thing as an end in itself. Whether or not it's a personal obligation should not affect that aspect.

Maybe all simple stuff, perhaps even all lessons and ideas that I knew full well when I was younger. But the nature of our world subtly pushes the psyche towards self-instrumentalization so that I'll probably be needing to constantly check myself for my whole life. Thought provoking pod, at least. The initial anecdote about the redditors learning language was just so, so good too. I will think about the idea of listening to music as 'inefficient' for a long time.

really good post this.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's true, amber does self own a lot

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

gh0stpinballa posted:

really good post this.

Agreed.

Also Neera Tanden and Netanyahu laugh like they are in a FromSoft game.

https://youtu.be/qRyGGB1k5Ds

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ah, but you say the professor speaks like a prole! surely they must be unintelligent if they choose to speak in such an erudite tone :pseudo:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the neera/bibi clip made me so mad lol

what a great ep, maybe amber's best ever

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The ex.haust guys also went on You Can't Win this week so now they're goon adjacent.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's nice that they made a podcast exclusively for the use of insomniacs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i say swears online posted:

the neera/bibi clip made me so mad lol

what a great ep, maybe amber's best ever

she had a lot of great moments but bringing the Baby Yoda digression full circle was a masterclass

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I thought Alice's cop thing was a gimmick or a phase but she really seems to be doubling down on it.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Grevling posted:

The ex.haust guys also went on You Can't Win this week so now they're goon adjacent.

I started to listen to this podcast this week.... its okay, very raw, but might really come along with time and experience. Very CSPAM vibes with the hosts, obv.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

really been enjoying bassholes, a pod by some lefty-adjacent midwest fishing guys doing deep dives into stuff like all the alt-right associated pro bass fishermen, how bass fishing specifically was popularized by recruits from project paperclip, how daiwa contributed to imperial japan's war effort, etc

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I thought Alice's cop thing was a gimmick or a phase but she really seems to be doubling down on it.

It was pretty clearly a nervous breakdown and she pivoted to EMS over the course of like a night's posting, I'm not sure what doubling down you're seeing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hooplah posted:

really been enjoying bassholes, a pod by some lefty-adjacent midwest fishing guys doing deep dives into stuff like all the alt-right associated pro bass fishermen, how bass fishing specifically was popularized by recruits from project paperclip, how daiwa contributed to imperial japan's war effort, etc
lmao okay this is my favorite maybe fake podcast, it sounds fun as heck

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hooplah posted:

would that explain the weird amount of far-right guys getting hours-long shows on TNN (now Spike TV) back in the day?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

would that explain the weird amount of far-right guys getting hours-long shows on TNN (now Spike TV) back in the day?

TNN was a straight up vaudeville station. They spun their country stuff into CMT in the 90s and focused on redneck reality TV afterward

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hooplah posted:

this is one of the fake podcasts right

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

no it's real, just like my new podcast called T-pod, where i interview famous trans people on how they're crushing the cishet hegemony.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

I Before E posted:

It was pretty clearly a nervous breakdown and she pivoted to EMS over the course of like a night's posting, I'm not sure what doubling down you're seeing.

just makes me wonder how many cops are walking around because they haphazardly went off their meds

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

this is one of the fake podcasts right

i say swears online posted:

lmao okay this is my favorite maybe fake podcast, it sounds fun as heck

Victory Position posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, what does it explain then? TNN was one of the places on basic cable for eons and eons worth of bass fishing shows

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hooplah posted:

one of the hosts got kicked out of a Minnesota DSA chapter for trying to pass a resolution in support of Garrison Keillor. Makes it weird to listen to after knowing that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

one of the hosts got kicked out of a Minnesota DSA chapter for trying to pass a resolution in support of Garrison Keillor. Makes it weird to listen to after knowing that.

Was this before or after Keillor was revealed to be a serial sexual harasser?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Why the gently caress would you even waste time on that?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Was this before or after Keillor was revealed to be a serial sexual harasser?

Why would anyone decide he needed support before that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crane Fist posted:

Why would anyone decide he needed support before that happened

He was often the subject of mockery for his slow delivery and folksy content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmkq7yylRkU