Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Lol this is the leader of the "left" party in Canada:

https://twitter.com/ETito604/status/1334191883002683393?s=20

"This person can no longer work 3 jobs! Disgraceful!"

E: Cat tax.

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1334221164546318343?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I was once in the middle seat on a long haul flight, closed my eyes for a few seconds then opened them to find the woman from the window seat was now basically straddling me.

She had decided that because my eyes were closed I must be asleep, so instead of asking me to move so she could get out clearly the polite thing to do was to awkwardly climb over me instead.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm in my 40s, I have no more use for a crotch. However unless my hands and feet are bound (and there's no potential tooth-holds on the way out) there's still no way anyone's getting me to jump out of a plane.
OK, fine. But drink this glass of milk.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Vigil for Virgil posted:

I think it's because it struck in the same year as Covid and people though that 5G was spreading it.

I certainly think covid magnified the brain worms however I picked this leaflet up I think October 2019...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, relying on some twisting of words of the same WHO they'd be calling a Chinese Communist controlled hoax org within 3 months.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also, for fans of actually looking up these claims rather than just taking it as read that it sounds scary, a Class 2B carcinogen is the most 'eh, possibly, maybe' level of classification and includes aloe vera, pickled vegetables, and metal piercings, the only things on the lower level 3 are things that can't be classified like acrylic and water, and the top level 1 includes alcohol and certain methods of frying. So lol.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I was sold on the fact 5G is created for machines not people tbh.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
i heard 5g changes the shape of your head

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah, living in 5g of acceleration for an extended period probably would change the shape of your head.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I mean yeah, living in 5g of acceleration for an extended period probably would change the shape of your head.

im not saying theres anything wrong with the shape of a person's head who has lived under 5 for prolonged times but theres nothing right with it either

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Vigil for Virgil posted:

I think it's because it struck in the same year as Covid and people though that 5G was spreading it.

It's because 5g was being spearheaded by China instead of the US this time. It's both why you see the Sinophobic argument that it spreads Covid-19, and also was the actual reason behind Western powers banning Huawei products as that company was heavily involved.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like my Huawai phone. I'd rather have the Chinese spy on me than MI6 or the CIA.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

I like my Huawai phone. I'd rather have the Chinese spy on me than MI6 or the CIA.

I think this is one of those 'all of the above' situations in any case

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fortunately you don't have to choose one or the other!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Yes... ha ha ha... yes!

https://twitter.com/kartoonistkelly/status/1334200517153615872?s=21

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Endjinneer posted:

Business: There's a vaccine lads, back to work on Monday and no more shirking.
Government: The vaccine will not be available to working age people for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday on our update call our boss said he expects everyone back in the office full time from Easter.

I lol'd and immediately opened the jobs section of Linkedin. Hard pass on going back to an office until I've (early 30s) had the vaccine.

I'm assuming we're gonna see a spike in a few months (separate but equal to the post-Christmas spike) where everybody goes back to normal because the olds have been vaccinated, ignoring the fact that they're potentially still as infections as the unvaccinated.

Sure would be nice to go to a club though 😔

e;

vvvvvvvv I think for some companies they are. There's certainly a lot of computer-toucher roles atm advertising permanent remote working. Like everything, depends on your company and how set in their ways your boss is.

blunt fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 2, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I thought offices were done forever?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Our company is looking to start going back into the office 3 days a week at some point next year.

I'm really not looking forward to it. Even apart from the obvious, I much prefer working from home full time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

What do they think they are going to (re)gain by going back to offices?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I'm hoping I can continue to work from home for the foreseeable because gently caress commuting in London until everybody's vaccinated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

We're supposed to be going back in March but it'll be ultra-flexible. A bunch of people where I work moved away from London at the start of the pandemic so they wouldn't be able to work in the office anymore anyway (and I guess are willing to gamble that they won't lose their jobs as a result).

I do miss aspects of going into work. The social aspect of working is basically gone, and I know I wouldn't have made the friends I have at work if we'd always worked remotely. I'd ideally want to do no more than two days a week in the office now though - assuming it was safe.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 2, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

"A sense of community and collaboration. It's nice to see people every day and everybody works better when they're physically together."

But really just it's really hard to impose lovely corporate power dynamics when everyone's working from home and some older settled people want to see anyone other than their spouse and kids.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

stev posted:

We're supposed to be going back in March but it'll be ultra-flexible. A bunch of people where I work moved away from London at the start of the pandemic so they wouldn't be able to work in the office anymore anyway (and I guess are willing to gamble that they won't lose their jobs as a result).

Yeah same. My brother's office in Bristol shut and he's left town. Another couple of friends checked and got ok'd to leave London forever and have bought in Kent. If enough companies have said gently caress it then that diminishes the other's arguments for staying... It's no longer where everyone is.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Honestly, a lot of managers are just poo poo at actual managing. Because a lot of people (most?) are never actually taught how to manage, they're just promoted because they were good at their job - so the next step is generally to be given oversight of other people doing that job.

Except if you don't know what you're doing, it's very hard to do that remotely.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

blunt posted:

"A sense of community and collaboration. It's nice to see people every day and everybody works better when they're physically together."

But really just it's really hard to impose lovely corporate power dynamics when everyone's working from home and some older settled people want to see anyone other than their spouse and kids.

I think both of these are right.

Some people don’t have facilities to work properly and comfortably from home for a sustained period.

I work from home anyway but I can see how for some jobs a blend of home and office would work well.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if people are working from home they might be having fun on company time and we simply cannot allow that

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Julio Cruz posted:

if people are working from home they might be having fun on company time and we simply cannot allow that

Honestly the hardest thing about going back into the office is I won't be able to have a little lie down whenever I want.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why not?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

Honestly the hardest thing about going back into the office is I won't be able to have a little lie down whenever I want.

Hmmm, a “lie down”, is it? I think you could do better as a euphemism.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Oh

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Genuinely wonder if for some managers it's an inability to pull someone aside for "a little chat" that isn't over a text medium or easily recorded call.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Hmmm, a “lie down”, is it? I think you could do better as a euphemism.

It can mean two things!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whatsapp should have a creature where if you issue an instant corrective one word message afterwards it pushes it up into your original message as a correction.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

feature

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

creature feature

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

creature feature
That'd be a good euphemism for 'bug'.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

hexa posted:

I'm hoping I can continue to work from home for the foreseeable because gently caress commuting in London until everybody's vaccinated.

Place I'm freelancing now everyone's happy with working from home, aside from I have to commute to Printers for proofing, it's not something you can do without physical eyes on. Done 2 days of this already last month and they have everything set up & distanced right, so not a beef really. It's more every loving time I've been on the tube before this lockdown there's always some prick with no mask blowing their nose or what have you, or 16 yr olds who pull the mask down the second they board gabbing the gently caress away to each other.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

dont worry 16 year olds can't die from it. also they can't recline their seats onto you

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Joe Biden that exists in Republicans' heads is massive cooler than the one that exists in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Wrap it up guys the energy economy is over:

Games Workshop now as valuable as Centrica