Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

lol the steelers loving suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Cyberpunk will be 2021’s The Avengers. A half finished game released too early with promises of fixing it after launch with DLC.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Something derived off of it by one of the creators, yeah.

Well, like 3 languages deep past that now

But ooh boy, is it easy work that pays well. Have fun spending 120 hours a week making Crash Bandicoot doors Aaron.

i bet you also dont get weird nerds spamming your inbox and social media calling for your death because you made a level or texture the chuds hate

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Cyberpunk will be 2021’s The Avengers. A half finished game released too early with promises of fixing it after launch with DLC.

idunno, at least there's actual demand for cyberpunk, avengers was like uhhhh so we made this game anyone want it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BGrifter posted:

It can't be the avengers game though. People actually want Cyberpunk

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zyla posted:

idunno, at least there's actual demand for cyberpunk, avengers was like uhhhh so we made this game anyone want it

Avengers looks like the entire design document was just a chalkboard with lootboxes! on it.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Zyla posted:

i bet you also dont get weird nerds spamming your inbox and social media calling for your death because you made a level or texture the chuds hate

Yes, this also. "OMG The Last of Us 2 is the worst game ever made because there is a slight mention of a trans person nice job ruining the game SJWs!!!" spammed at you on every social media by dozens of people.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TRACER ROUNDS LOADED

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Goo Goo Dolls are still a thing people care about? Is this some 90s nostalgia poo poo?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MoaM posted:

Did he just hit his leg? lol

e: nvm...my eyes are off today.

It was the original angle. I was certain it bounced off his knee.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Avengers looks like the entire design document was just a chalkboard with lootboxes! on it.

i think the extremely store brand designs of the avengers themselves really hurt too

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Goo Goo Dolls are still a thing people care about? Is this some 90s nostalgia poo poo?

you mean rock legends the goo goo dolls!!!

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
A friend tried to convince me to buy The Avengers. Uh-uh buddy, you already got me with Anthem.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It can't be the avengers game though. People actually want Cyberpunk

I wanted both to be good!

Somehow they screwed up a Diablo knockoff starring The Avengers. My faith in a much more ambitious Cyberpunk is lacking.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Zyla posted:

Cyberpunk dogs and ska damnit

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Footballzebras' book owns and the explanation seems plausible to me. I haven't seen anyone on either side of the debate cite an actual rule, but "you get a free timeout if an opponent is injured" seems to create some not-so-great incentives :shrug:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jivesauce posted:

A friend tried to convince me to buy The Avengers. Uh-uh buddy, you already got me with Anthem.

how is that person still your friend

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Cyperpunk thread is saying there's a 56 GB day one patch, lol... so w/e leaked footage is obviously gonna be garbo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

i think the extremely store brand designs of the avengers themselves really hurt too

Was gonna say at least I know CPDR made one good game at some point.

This feels like the most doomed 3rd and 4 I've ever seen...and it was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zyla posted:

Yeah, it's sad, because the campaign is... fine, and Kamala's a fun character.

Probably would've been better off having like... one of those characters to start, a bunch of new outside of comics / tertiary characters and introduced the main avengers later on.

Also you know, having more then like 2 kinds of robots and some mercs to fight.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Man Hollywood sucks. 80% of the speed WRs in the league get an extra 10 yards sprinting between those defenders.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

He has other good qualities, I just have to remind myself of his video game judgement every time he recommends something

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Man Hollywood sucks. 80% of the speed WRs in the league get an extra 10 yards sprinting between those defenders.

just because he's small and has bad hands doesn't mean he's a speed guy

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

This feels like the most doomed 3rd and 4 I've ever seen...and it was.

He went 4 yards from the line of scrimmage!

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

put in trace, what do we have to lose

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

This is the Way

Lunch at work with a new friend while watching this game. :kimchi:

Jesus Christ my work computer is soooooooo slow. :negative:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BGrifter posted:

I wanted both to be good!

Somehow they screwed up a Diablo knockoff starring The Avengers. My faith in a much more ambitious Cyberpunk is lacking.

idk anything about this avengers game but diablo knockoff with marvel characters already existed, rip marvel heroes you were not any good but i played a lot of moon knight

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Going back to my fatalist viewpoint: the Steelers are gonna tighten up defensively in the 2nd (e: 2nd half) and RGIII and co. are just gonna play worse.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hobbesmaster posted:

Friends being cruel to each other is a hallmark

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
sipping bone broth

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You gotta get some separation

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

MoaM posted:

Going back to my fatalist viewpoint: the Steelers are gonna tighten up defensively in the 2nd and RGIII and co. are just gonna play worse.

they're gonna put in mcsorley

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

MoaM posted:

Going back to my fatalist viewpoint: the Steelers are gonna tighten up defensively in the 2nd and RGIII and co. are just gonna play worse.

the clownball is fading and with it the fun

despite peter's best attempts at that strip

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

idk anything about this avengers game but diablo knockoff with marvel characters already existed, rip marvel heroes you were not any good but i played a lot of moon knight

I spent hundreds of dollars on Marvel Heroes because of how much fun I had just listening to podcasts while brainlessly slaughtering stuff in that game.

But it wasn't enough :negative:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zyla posted:

You may be interested in my "SKAberpunk" mod available now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Friends being cruel to each other is a hallmark

People who grow up without friends that make fun of them all the time grow up way too sensitive and weird

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ghost Dog posted:

I remember playing a bit and posting in the Games thread for it and a couple TFF bros said Rinaldo flee while you can

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RGIII is interesting as a QB in that he's one of the clearest cases of a person who has had their lives destroyed directly by a coach and team owner.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hell yeah hit that man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Zyla posted:

RGIII is interesting as a QB in that he's one of the clearest cases of a person who has had their lives destroyed directly by a coach and team owner.

yeah gently caress the WFT for what they did to him, he's been pretty cool on the ravens. not super good, but cool.