Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Football needs a golden snitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Feel like you might want to block T.J. Watt, just an idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I suspect TJ Watt is the guy you should choose to block there even if the other guy is inside.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Yeah, this is 100% why. The NFL could easily afford to field teams of professionals, but then they would want commensurate compensation, might unionize, etc. The NFL can easily control the current refs, who are primarily well-off hobbyist chuds, and whatever damage they do to the game is outweighed by all the money they save.

The refs are already unionized and I'd argue their union is more powerful than the players union lmao

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

fukcing jon bois made me cry reading a clock count down

same, zyla

same.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ravens offensive line is pretty bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

really queer Christmas posted:

The refs are already unionized and I'd argue their union is more powerful than the players union lmao

As lovely as the refs are, the substitute refs were an order of magnitude worse.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Oh, they are? I just assumed they were in the same boat as coaches. Just ignore me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It definitely is. Doesn't change the fact that they're old useless hobbyists so their incentives are nowhere near in line with putting out a quality product.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

? the last time the refs did anything uniony they got loving obliterated in discussions, the nfl got everything they wanted the only concession the refs got was that they were grandfathered in under their old contracts but almost all those guys have retired and frankly probably been run out of the league

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ravens offensive line is pretty bad.

How many of them are practice squad players?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
3rd & 18 near your own end zone? Run a HB toss.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

same, zyla

same.

the lateral, the fuckin lateral just holy poo poo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I still remember seeing people here say the lack of a dpi call against the rams didn't affect the saints ability to win. Peoples unwillingness to blame bad reffing when its truly bad and game changing baffles me.

"shouldn't have let it come down to that" people love carrying water for the NFL

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The only thing the league could really do is force refs to quit their other jobs and idk watch film full time or officiate practices or something, but I doubt the quality would really increase that much and there’s also zero chance the ref union would allow that

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
We The Fans must unionize against the tyranny of the bad football robber barons running the league

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yo I cannot believe with rescheduling the game and the numerous starters being replaced with practice squad players that this game isn't going perfectly with zero penalties. I condemn the NFL forever

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm gonna start my own nfl where i play dota 2 and drink beer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wyoak posted:

The only thing the league could really do is force refs to quit their other jobs and idk watch film full time or officiate practices or something, but I doubt the quality would really increase that much and there’s also zero chance the ref union would allow that

this was a thing the nfl did, this was the main sticking point of the ref lockout and the nfl won. the refs no longer have second jobs except the guys who predate that new cba, and most of those guys are now gone

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Android Apocalypse posted:

3rd & 18 near your own end zone? Run a HB toss.

The whole goal of that playcalling is to not have to punt out of your own end zone, and it achieved that

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

How many of you will scab if I call a general strike of International Brother and Sisterhood of Posters Local 40269

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

How many of you will scab if I call a general strike of International Brother and Sisterhood of Posters Local 40269

I will never not post

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

thats a catch fumble

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol, Incomplete?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tom Sellout posted:

We The Fans must unionize against the tyranny of the bad football robber barons running the league

*looks at stock certificate on the wall and literal laws regarding ties to community ownership for my franchise*

...I dunno. Seems fine.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Ghost Dog posted:

this was a thing the nfl did, this was the main sticking point of the ref lockout and the nfl won. the refs no longer have second jobs except the guys who predate that new cba, and most of those guys are now gone

Well shoot, I’m out of ideas

I guess just review every play, would allow for more commercials and the nfl could be on for 16 hours every Sunday

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ask dez

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Didn't seem like that rusher tried to brace himself with his arms on that Roethlisberger hit, can't believe the refs didn't call it to save the Steelers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

sweet thursday posted:

I'm scab posting right now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean they should win this challenge...eh I guess 3rd and 4 is easier to pick up than 3rd and 10.

Just seems like not much bang for your buck.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
FOOTBALL

MOVE

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ghost Dog posted:

anyway since this thread is now about wrestling i found this by accident a few days ago and im still reeling from a username own that happened before sa existed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlSIP9A1Rt0&t=417s

Watching Pete Rose sell that tombstone reminded me of a celebrity appearance I think from one of the Jackass guys who decided to no sell Umanga.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&time_continue=236&v=8ihO8ID7zYg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Even if it's a catch... man seems like a waste of a challenge.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

They're probably gonna see that illegal QB hit on review and award Pittsburgh a few first downs

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

I will never not post

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The call on the field is upheld. Steelrs have been awarded the Ravens 2nd round draft pick

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Something rubs me the wrong way about "actually, my guy fumbled" challenges.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

They're probably gonna see that illegal QB hit on review and award Pittsburgh a few first downs

this posting is gonna look really goofy when the true jobbing begins

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Can anyone explain what a catch is yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

seiferguy posted:

Even if it's a catch... man seems like a waste of a challenge.

6 yards may change the outcome of this game.