Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean this is just weird "fashion" like the 4K fried chicken shirts or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I bet those look awful when worn on a human body instead of laid out on a flat template.

Well, more awful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Probably the wrong thread, but I forgot this existed

https://youtu.be/L0r6ocwGnMg

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Those are catholic hoods, not racism hoods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Volcott posted:

:thunk:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Volcott posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Volcott posted:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

It's the holidays so I've started hearing Coca Cola ads on the radio.

Except they're doing their usual thing where they go "This holiday season, share a coke!" etc. Which is a campaign they've had for years at this point.

Except we're still kind of in the middle of a pandemic, where people are in danger of DYING if they meet up face to face, much less share a drink?!

I dunno, strikes me as rather tone deaf.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They've had a variation of sharing Coke as their marketing for nearly a century at this point. They probably just went autopilot and this slipped past them because they laid off the guy who makes sure they don't do tone deaf or accidentally racist ads due to COVID cutbacks.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Has there been a Santa With A Mask campaign yet? I feel like there really should be one.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

They've had a variation of sharing Coke as their marketing for nearly a century at this point. They probably just went autopilot and this slipped past them because they laid off the guy who makes sure they don't do tone deaf or accidentally racist ads due to COVID cutbacks.

It might also work as a touchstone of normalcy. With the numbers starting to come in from Thanksgiving, it may be a drat dark Christmas this year.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thomamelas posted:

It might also work as a touchstone of normalcy. With the numbers starting to come in from Thanksgiving, it may be a drat dark Christmas this year.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1331244946595192832?s=19

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Has there been a Santa With A Mask campaign yet? I feel like there really should be one.

All I’ve heard are fluffy little stories about doctors with specialization in viral disease reassuring that Santa is immune, so don’t worry, he won’t get sick if he comes to your house.

Santa in a mask would be cute. I could see a campaign where he blithely thinks no one will EVER KNOW he’s Santa now!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh I'm sure that's exactly what happened! Which makes it a dumb move in marketing. I wonder if they have or will get any blowback from it, or if people will see it as a return to normalcy like that guy a couple posts up said.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Coca-Cola, Inc. would like to clarify that we only want you to "Share a Coke" by way of video chatting with a friend while visibly drinking Coke. As such, we are updating our ad campaign with the hashtag #ShareCokeVid

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

Coca-Cola, Inc. would like to clarify that we only want you to "Share a Coke" by way of video chatting with a friend while visibly drinking Coke. As such, we are updating our ad campaign with the hashtag #ShareCokeVid

lol

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Going to sears.com and searching for "medicine balls" results in something entirely NSFW right now.

NSFW:
https://i.imgur.com/CapbNHT.png

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Here Comes Santa--With Face Masks and Plexiglass"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh I'm sure that's exactly what happened! Which makes it a dumb move in marketing. I wonder if they have or will get any blowback from it, or if people will see it as a return to normalcy like that guy a couple posts up said.

Probably not. I'm sure if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't give it a second thought as I sip some refreshing Coke.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Phlegmish posted:

I'm assuming that's the point.

Now, why you'd want this, I don't know.

I want one just to wig people out at music festivals (if festivals ever happen again)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Probably not. I'm sure if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't give it a second thought as I sip some refreshing Coke.

So I should stop being weird and go have a Coke. Gotcha. :v:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Vistaprint has this "unregiftable" campaign going, and it seems kind of...not right? I mean, it sounds like it's promoting saddling people with gifts they don't want and creating litter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Vistaprint has this "unregiftable" campaign going, and it seems kind of...not right? I mean, it sounds like it's promoting saddling people with gifts they don't want and creating litter.

Vistaprint is a race-to-the-bottom hot slurry of diarrhea straight from a diseased butt and you shouldn't give them any money in any case

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think it's intended to promote buying their poo poo, instead of saddling people with crap they don't want, but it's not coming across at all. Like the backstory must have gotten stripped out along the way, while they kept the song or some poo poo.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Bloop posted:

Vistaprint is a race-to-the-bottom hot slurry of diarrhea straight from a diseased butt and you shouldn't give them any money in any case

Care to explain? Just curious

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Put Santa in a bubble. Oxygen optional. Let him drown in condensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W4Nmr3OIEY

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

Care to explain? Just curious

They're just lowest bidder lowest quality mass produced garbo that drives local print businesses under

:capitalism:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The Bloop posted:

Ooooookay. I definitely wasn't expecting such a strong reaction. :stare: Can you elaborate?

edit: ah, it got elaborated while I was poring over my wording. Cool.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I think it's intended to promote buying their poo poo, instead of saddling people with crap they don't want, but it's not coming across at all. Like the backstory must have gotten stripped out along the way, while they kept the song or some poo poo.

It really, REALLY isn't. Like, I genuinely did not have any idea what message the commercial was supposed to convey -- my only idea was that it was trying to be ironic, but I didn't understand why it would ironically advertise its own products as bad. I'm no marketing exec but it seems like they should be playing up the cold impersonality of other gifts instead of the "unregiftability" of their own.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/BassProShops/status/1321829256947765249?s=20

Laughing my rear end off at santa behind plexiglass like hes the pope

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Santa's elves windexing the snot off his plexiglass cage has completed me as a human being in 2020.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

https://twitter.com/BassProShops/status/1321829256947765249?s=20

"Workshop....out of danger?"

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah, but have you seen Santa and the Pope in the same room at the same time? Makes you think

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Workshop....out of danger?"

"I have been... and always shall be... your parents"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phy posted:

:lmao:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phy posted:

You bastard.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

naughty children get put in the santa wiggler

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phy posted:

:haw:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Holy poo poo this:

And of course there are a bunch of people (including the Facebook page owner) defending it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The name "Vistaprint" evokes the image of trying to print to a cheap lexmark inkjet printer from a cheap prebuilt Windows Vista PC. On the scale of "toxic marketing names" that's at least at the Asse II stage of fuckup.