Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is true, and it's all thanks to my hero, Kenny Omega.

It took both Kenny and Mox really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

was joe doering good before he got fat and became a cowboy?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Aye Doc posted:

this is how you can tell Foochs is shook by the Mox loss, needing to be fact checked on Mox-lore?? that would never happen in clear minded circumstances

He owned me about the Brodie Lee deathrider kickout, so I'd say he's still on his game

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It took both Kenny and Mox really.

Mox is a cheater and a coward and got what was coming to him. He should never hold the belt again for what he tried to do to Kenny.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

duckdealer posted:

Err, Impact and NJPW are tight?

Not really. They never really forgave Impact for how they treated Okada. Plus they have a deal with ROH

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

He owned me about the Brodie Lee deathrider kickout, so I'd say he's still on his game

That was before Mox lost though. I'm shook like Steph Curry up 3-1

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Like that ending with Kenny and Callis booking it out of there had that wild chaotic energy that mainstream American wrestling used to have, and it's a lot of fun to have it back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

duckdealer posted:

up until super j cup they could not possibly be further apart in relations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Le Saboteur posted:

Kenny Omega storyline buys his own promotion in Canada in Impact because AEW disrespected him or whatever, maybe thats where this is going.

Little known fact, the entire population of Canada is part of Kenny's new stable and you know what?

We got some mean rear end beavers.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gedo posted:

loving TNA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1334341663938973696?s=20
https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1334343065272807424?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TOTAL

NONSTOP

ALL

ELITE

WRESTLING

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Sorry, "Sting debuts in AEW and one of their top stars cements his heel turn and steals the title to jump ship to TNA" is that better?

hope AEW steals most the womens division, The North, Chris Bey, Willie Mack, and Joe Doering from TNA.

Bold prediction: Kenny Omega has not jumped to TNA.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wanna see Motor City Machineguns Vs Young Bucks if we're doing AEW vs TNA

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Not really. They never really forgave Impact for how they treated Okada. Plus they have a deal with ROH

Sorry, I was reacting to ICR's post

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

duckdealer posted:

Emphatically, not really.

TNA had left a bad taste in New Japan's mouth from their run with the Vince Russo-Dixie Carter Brain Trust and it soured their relations for years to come. Several owners later and Don Callis is sneaking into being a power broker in out-wwf wrestling due to his connections to Kenny Omega.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
blood and guts match w/ impact

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Coaaab posted:

My man

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This post tells no lies tbqh.

I'm going to be very slightly shook/paranoid until Mox wins Big Plat again. I still have WWE-related PTSD re: his post top run booking, even though AEW has built a ton of good will wrt booking.

I really think Omega's holding that belt until it's time for The Big Yeehaw so I don't think Mox gets Big Plat again for like, at least a year (but I think he will get it again in his career), but here's the thing about AEW that makes me confident Mox will be fine.

Imagine TNT Champion Jon Moxley.

Imagine AEW Tag Team Champion Jon Moxley.

Both sound pretty loving awesome, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Coaaab posted:

Wasn't Blood & Guts one of the trademarks Cody traded back to WWE for his last name?

e: right as I posted this I remembered it was "The Match Beyond" not B&G.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ICR posted:

AEW is trending heavy on social media. Like explosivo said, I’m seeing a ton of chatter about what happened tonight.

Overall, this is for the best with wrestling. There doesn’t need to be some stupid as gently caress war between fan bases where you gotta protect and STAND UP for one and rip apart the others.

You don’t want to revitalize Impact. Or WWE. or NWA. or AEW.

You want to revitalize wrestling. Help it survive longer and make it relevant somehow.

This is a leap of faith move and a big gamble but poo poo, everybody wins here. Tony is gonna get what he wants out of this. So will Impact. Hell, this is maybe the way to get the NJPW/AEW relationship restarted since Impact and NJPW are tight.

I thought tonight’s episode was decent overall. Wrestlers in different promotions are talking about tonight. It has big eyes on it.

The landscape of wrestling really did just start changing tonight. Little moves, but could bring big results and new eyes and chatter.

I’m here for the ride. I am loving HERE for the betterment of wrestling starting now!

gently caress yeah this is what I'm talking about. Wrestling was almost killed in America. It was to a lot of people. And they are bringing it back. Someone make a meme with all the wrestling companies teaming up to take out Thanos/WWE

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Don't think anyone mentioned it but for the first time since AEW had the titles all the champions are non former WWE stars.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The Last Call posted:

Don't think anyone mentioned it but for the first time since AEW had the titles all the champions are non former WWE stars.

Yeah but they just put the big belt on a TNA guy

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
who's gonna be 1997 fall brawl curt hennig?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

was joe doering good before he got fat and became a cowboy?

When he got fat and became a cowboy was when he got good in AJPW.

MassRafTer posted:

Bold prediction: Kenny Omega has not jumped to TNA.

what does Kenny Omega getting help from Impact EVP to win the AEW Title and it instantly announced he'll be on Impact mean then?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

This loving guy here lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

No no no, TNA just got an AEW cast off.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

MJeff posted:

Imagine AEW Tag Team Champion Jon Moxley.

Waiting for Moxley to get beaten up and then this music drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmAv3FVHbU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hefty Leftist posted:

Waiting for Moxley to get beaten up and then this music drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmAv3FVHbU

Oh gently caress don't do this to me

Something else I just thought of - AEW commentary name drops NJPW stars all the time. It's like when you have world building moments in something and it pays off a long time later. The audience will know what's happening and it'll be like holy poo poo I know they talked about him showing up but I never thought it would happen

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

The Last Call posted:

Matt Jackson did some enhancement work on Velocity

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

duckdealer posted:

Sorry, I was reacting to ICR's post

Yeah sorry, I am out of the loop here. Just read up on where things stand. There was an article in November that came out that I misinterpreted.

Here it is for posterity:

quote:

Nothing is impossible in the pro wrestling business. Two wrestling companies who were previously not on the best of terms can mend and improve their partnership. It seems this might happen with NJPW and Impact Wrestling.

The two companies have worked together when Impact Wrestling was known as TNA. NJPW was upset with TNA over their treatment of Kazuchika Okada. He had a brief run in TNA where he was not used well at all, which was not well received. He eventually went on to become the face of NJPW. Now it seems the two promotions are trying to improve their working partnership.

According to a report by Fightful, Rocky Romero and Karl Anderson are positive regarding the future between NJPW and Impact Wrestling. Anderson said that he feels “by Summer of next year some big things will have happened there.”

Anderson and Gallows are on good terms with Gedo as well. Romero added that Chris Bey working the Super J Cup is very important as well.

It was said that Impact Wrestling and NJPW “are friendlier than they’ve been in a long time.”

We will have to see how the partnership develops.

So, in repairs. But I was wrong on my assessment so apologies! Either way, I’ll spin this in a positive direction and say, the wrestling world may take notice of what happened tonight. And we could see this environment become healthier than it has ever been instead of suppressed like it has been.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Oh, no worries at all!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

When he got fat and became a cowboy was when he got good in AJPW.

what does Kenny Omega getting help from Impact EVP to win the AEW Title and it instantly announced he'll be on Impact mean then?

Guess you'll need to tune into TNA to find out.

But I'm pretty sure Kenny Omega is in AEW.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MassRafTer posted:

Guess you'll need to tune into TNA to find out.

But I'm pretty sure Kenny Omega is in AEW.

Look at this mark, can't accept that "The Best Bout Machine" Kenneth Omega has cast aside Dynamite for the greener pastures of IMPACT

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If AEW is willing to work with a company at Impact's size I think this says good things for the forbidden portal to open. That's right, hoodslam.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
STOP THE loving PRESSES

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1334344268698308609

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

If AEW is willing to work with a company at Impact's size I think this says good things for the forbidden portal to open. That's right, hoodslam.

Drugz Bunny becomes AEW champ after sniffing a ton of coke and murdering Kenny Omega. The Stoner Bros. team up with Matt Sydal. Scorpion and Guile are there.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

We always talk about the forbidden portal being to NJPW but if it's literally the portals at the end of Endgame and it's just literally every other western independent wrestling company I'm down. I didn't know poo poo about Thunder Rosa until she showed up on Dynamite so please introduce me to more and more of these cool characters from other companies.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WHAT'S BUTTERNUTS DOING IN DAILY'S PLACE!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Time to partner with Streetbeefs. They rule.

Partner with all of the promotions honestly. Dynamite gonna run 24 hours on Wednesdays.