Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's easy, but it takes a lot of time and effort if you want to do it right.

I mean, okay, "a lot" is relative, but still.

so i admit i buy semi-dried noodles but other than that it takes about ten to twenty minutes (i always have some tomato sauce i've canned if i'm going that direction) of active time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Akratic Method posted:

Honestly, the funniest possible outcome is that the order is real. I don't have high hopes, but there's probably at least one rich weird and terminally-online Garfield fan in the world.

The funniest and best possible outcome would be that one rich, weird, and terminally-online Garfield fan in the world was also a cyber security expert and managed to steal a shitload of bitcoins back from scammers who constantly blast your phone, turn them back into real money successfully, buy the whole order legitimately, then donate it to food banks.

I know it's likely just silly stuff, but a man can dream.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

mediaphage posted:

there's a reason they cut the slice from the most normal looking curve on the pie

They don’t even cut to the center, the opposite side slice would be lik 50% longer

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Hmm, after reading the last page I suddenly got an Instagram ad for Peroni, an Italian beer I’ve never heard of.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s nothing special and pretty much the default Italian lager. Would pair well with a frozen lasagne.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Butcher posted:

The funniest and best possible outcome would be that one rich, weird, and terminally-online Garfield fan in the world was also a cyber security expert and managed to steal a shitload of bitcoins back from scammers who constantly blast your phone, turn them back into real money successfully, buy the whole order legitimately, then donate it to food banks.

I know it's likely just silly stuff, but a man can dream.

No, the funniest scenario would be if someone legitimately tried to buy $500k of garfsagnas only for Nathen to nix the deal because he thought it to be fake

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

No, the funniest scenario would be if someone legitimately tried to buy $500k of garfsagnas only for Nathen to nix the deal because he thought it to be fake

Yeah ok, I concede that one lol.

There are a lot of interesting ways to gently caress with this kind of thing through lol.

I think tricking an idiot into donating a bunch of food to people who need it would be the best though.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's easy, but it takes a lot of time and effort if you want to do it right.

I mean, okay, "a lot" is relative, but still.

In restaurant circles lasagna is a dish that is usually avoided because it's almost guaranteed to be something frozen that is reheated, it's not a food that really benefits from being made fresh in a kitchen by professionals.

necroid
May 14, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's nothing special and pretty much the default Italian lager. Would pair well with a frozen lasagne.

it's really funny that Peroni and Nastro Azzurro are marketed as "good" beers outside of Italy because they're your average supermarket-level industrial beers like Moretti, Poretti, Menabrea etc.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

necroid posted:

it's really funny that Peroni and Nastro Azzurro are marketed as "good" beers outside of Italy because they're your average supermarket-level industrial beers like Moretti, Poretti, Menabrea etc.

I think it's like how Stella Artois gets marketed as a premium beer in the US despite it being bargain basement quality beer, because it's European.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I think it's like how Stella Artois gets marketed as a premium beer in the US despite it being bargain basement quality beer, because it's European.

conversely it’s also weird here seeing budweiser et al listed as more expensive imports

necroid
May 14, 2009

yeah I think that every country plays heavily on this, maybe Asahi and Kirin are the exception? they taste ok to me but they're also relatively more expensive

Tennent's Super seems to be the beer that manages to unite chavs worldwide, here in Italy it's super popular because at 9% it fucks you up pretty quick

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

necroid posted:

yeah I think that every country plays heavily on this, maybe Asahi and Kirin are the exception? they taste ok to me but they're also relatively more expensive

Tennent's Super seems to be the beer that manages to unite chavs worldwide, here in Italy it's super popular because at 9% it fucks you up pretty quick

:scotland:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a reminder that in the us fosters (bleh) has a famous ad campaign that ends with slogan: “Fosters! Australian for beeyah!”

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Lol

"order Garfield's favourite food...and stuff"

You can see the thought process as they sat around making GBS threads this content out.

"We can't just say order Garfield's favourite food, we sell merch and pizza and stuff"

"...and stuff"

"Good enough"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol like more than the man himself had anything to do with writing that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's not a jumbled mess of words, so he probably hired somebody.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s nothing special and pretty much the default Italian lager. Would pair well with a frozen lasagne.

Yeah, in the UK it's a beer for when you're depressed, but not depressed enough for Tennents or Carling.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Peroni is really nice tho, but yeah a bit expensive over here in not italy.

Stella artois is quite expensive here as well and im in europe. Seems like a thing every country does, local beers turns expensive when they go abroad. wonder if its a tax thingy.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zombiepop posted:

Peroni is really nice tho, but yeah a bit expensive over here in not italy.

Stella artois is quite expensive here as well and im in europe. Seems like a thing every country does, local beers turns expensive when they go abroad. wonder if its a tax thingy.

I dunno maybe. They're all made by the same 5 companies or whatever anyways

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i think it’s mostly marketing opportunities with the occasional increased tax burden

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i think it’s mostly marketing opportunities with the occasional increased tax burden

A lot of times the beer itself is brewed on the continent it's being sold in. If you live in the US look at where your Sapporo is brewed, for instance (Canada).

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

A lot of times the beer itself is brewed on the continent it's being sold in. If you live in the US look at where your Sapporo is brewed, for instance (Canada).

yeah i know. but that only covers tax, which i agree is only occasionally the issue. it’s mostly marketing.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

mediaphage posted:

yeah i know. but that only covers tax, which i agree is only occasionally the issue. it’s mostly marketing.

I'm with you. Like Garfield and Big Cow Lasagna

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I'm with you. Like Garfield and Big Cow Lasagna

lol the big cow thing still kills me. so many loving weird branding ideas

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Big Epinardo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm confused as to why the big cow lasagna wasn't named the big cow agna. If you're going to create a weird naming convention, stick with it.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I'm confused as to why the big cow lasagna wasn't named the big cow agna. If you're going to create a weird naming convention, stick with it.

Big Cow and Big Agna were both named after beloved Garfield characters!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mediaphage posted:

a reminder that in the us fosters (bleh) has a famous ad campaign that ends with slogan: “Fosters! Australian for beeyah!”

I ended up with one of those oversized cans of Fosters recently and ended up drinking it to regain the fridge space, and the stuff over here in the US is definitely different to the piss juice back home in the UK. Still not good, but tolerable.

Fosters as we all know is also Australian for ‘export this poo poo because we won’t drink it’.

I once saw Stella in a restaurants list of ‘microbrews’ and I still haven’t recovered. Not sure the US stuff retains the ingredient of violence in the UK version, which is probably for the best.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

stella has had several "classy" ad campaigns in their native UK where their typical consumer is far from classy

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol. I guess one year the brewing program I was in visit led the Stella brewery during their your of Belgium. They asked what hops they used and the head brewer was like "Whatever's cheapest." apparently.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i don't understand why you would choose carling over bottom shelf whiskey. like, what's the point?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It seems odd that Orsons Farm/US Acres was not tapped into. There aren’t enough food related characters in Garfield to promote a product line that includes more than simply lasagna.

Fitting that it wasn’t even made in the store. They just heated it up lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

It seems odd that Orsons Farm/US Acres was not tapped into. There aren’t enough food related characters in Garfield to promote a product line that includes more than simply lasagna.

Fitting that it wasn’t even made in the store. They just heated it up lmao

Liz, Nermal, Odie and Lyman weren't tapped at all. At the rate we're going, it'll be several hundreds years before we need to stoop to US Acres for content.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i want to know what happened to their opening manager who has to take the bus for 1 hour every day

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

GolfHole posted:

i want to know what happened to their opening manager who has to take the bus for 1 hour every day

Baked into garfsagnas and eaten.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

GolfHole posted:

he was ... lymaned

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Oh well,

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

this makes it look like they will be serving dog shoulder as food

the gently caress is that crop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oh but seriously I posted:

i don't understand why you would choose carling over bottom shelf whiskey. like, what's the point?

In fairness to lovely macrobrews, they're drat refreshing during the hottest part of summer.