Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

LordMune posted:

We've found some additional weirdness with Friendly Counsel and its ilk (in no small part thanks to this thread) and are investigating!

If you could fix other things I complain about like my own personal lack of initiative and my extended family, I’d appreciate it

(Also you are wonderful, thank you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Keep the bug, but just change the poses to be pointing at each other in the event that the spymaster and target are the same person.

There has never been a better idea uttered by man

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

so............. are there any bugs related to nudists? Seems to happen fairly often compared to my expectation and not connected to any obvious traits. Like one guy had the title "the heartbreaker" or something but I've seen a bunch of others with no indications of what's going on. No mods.

One happened to be my physician, and this was when I was Herculean with some other health bonuses so there was literally 10 years of me surviving multiple serious injuries and cancer for a while, with this naked dude coming in every six months, often maiming me

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nosre posted:

One happened to be my physician, and this was when I was Herculean with some other health bonuses so there was literally 10 years of me surviving multiple serious injuries and cancer for a while, with this naked dude coming in every six months, often maiming me

Sounds like the beginning of a very successful and well-paying book series, tbh.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I just got the bug where my 86 year old dead character’s third wife had his child after he died but it was a bastard of the mother’s dynasty since he wasn’t alive anymore. I even got an event telling me it would happen before she was born.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Nosre posted:

so............. are there any bugs related to nudists? Seems to happen fairly often compared to my expectation and not connected to any obvious traits. Like one guy had the title "the heartbreaker" or something but I've seen a bunch of others with no indications of what's going on. No mods.

Usually it's faith-related. The vast majority of nudists are those following a faith with Natural Primitivism.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Huh there ya go. I haven't looked into religion at all yet in CK3, so makes sense

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
What's the point of the seduction lifestyle tree? It kinda just seems like a meme.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Admiral Funk posted:

What's the point of the seduction lifestyle tree? It kinda just seems like a meme.

I don't find it that useful. Lovers can't join factions against you but I haven't really had problems seducing targets I want to without it.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

It helped me when my wife who hated me turned 40 and I only had 6 daughters. I picked up some fertility boosts and snuck a son in and then died a few months after he was born. A+ emergency skill tree

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Admiral Funk posted:

Seduce more spymasters.

But not your own, in case she catches you with someone else and isn't down.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Admiral Funk posted:

Constant good tumbles and itchy rashes.

Also, so many children

But seriously, I almost never take it, there's much better ones

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Admiral Funk posted:

Getting the seduction achievement. Oh, and the secrets one.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sometimes I want my guy or girl to have sex with lots of husbands and wives

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sometimes a king is just a lil leisure suit larry

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Do you tend to go down a full line or just pick up a few favorites before switching to another lifestyle?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Veryslightlymad posted:

Seduce more spymasters.

But not your own, in case she catches you with someone else and isn't down.

what if she catches me having an affair on her, with her

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Excelzior posted:

what if she catches me having an affair on her, with her

Youre pretty much hosed in that case, RIP

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I routinely just grab a few picks and then cycle focuses, a lot of the really good ones are the early picks, while the finishers are generally skippable.

Admiral Funk posted:

It's a meme. The whole Intrigue focus in general is kind of a meme, the one thing that it would be reasonable to do (form conspiracies with other vassals to fight your liege) isn't even involved.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I go for entire trees at once because it’s simpler, and besides I lean towards the roleplaying part of CK :shrug:

I could definitely see there being perk “builds” but that seems pretty boring to me

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PittTheElder posted:

It's a meme. The whole Intrigue focus in general is kind of a meme, the one thing that it would be reasonable to do (form conspiracies with other vassals to fight your liege) isn't even involved.

The assassination tree is great though. Solved so many problems although I’m annoyed that you can’t destabilize an elective realm at all through assassination.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Keep killing!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I get why they had to fix the abduction-war exploit from two patches ago but I have had basically no chance at abducting anybody ever since and it's like that game mechanic just went away. Am I missing something? Even my intrigue boy had like at best 20% chance of abducting a random peasant.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Spikes32 posted:

Do you tend to go down a full line or just pick up a few favorites before switching to another lifestyle?

I mostly take the perks I need for my ruler, and no more. When in doubt, I go Whole of Body for the health boosts at the end.
IMO, here is my unsolicited list of game-changing perks:

Diplomat lvl 3: Forced Vassalage (w/ innovations)
August lvl 5: True Ruler
Family Hierarch lvl 1, 2: Befriend, Confidants
Strategist lvl 1: Bellum Justum
Avaricious lvl 1, 2 : Golden Obligations, This is MY Domain
Administrator lvl 1: Meritocracy
Schemer lvl 1, 3: Truth is Relative, Kidnapper
Whole of Body lvl 3, 8, 9: Know Thyself, Healthy, Whole of Body
Scholar lvl 8: Sanctioned Loopholes (w/ divine right)
Theologian lvl 8: Defender of Faith (w/ tyranny reduction)

Also, is there going to be a patch today? what's up

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

ulmont posted:

The assassination tree is great though. Solved so many problems although I’m annoyed that you can’t destabilize an elective realm at all through assassination.

I love inheriting to a character that has the full assassination tree done, I hate it when they have done seduction.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Blimpkin posted:

I love inheriting to a character that has the full assassination tree done, I hate it when they have done seduction.

Depending on your traits, you can always reset your perks and then maybe host a feast and a hunt to offset the stress. Not so great if you have awful traits like Shy or Paranoid, but I always try to educate my heirs so they don't end up with that stuff.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

The torturer tree is incredibly OP too. Just max out dread and have it stay there forever.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I haven't figured out the downsides to Dread yet.

E:

Or the positives, really. Something about your vassals being less inclined to join factions?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

THE BAR posted:

E:

Or the positives, really. Something about your vassals being less inclined to join factions?

For the positives, people get scared of you, which is marked by a little whip icon (each person has a Dread level above which this happens, so the higher your Dread, the more people will be affected); once they are, they agree to your demands when they otherwise wouldn't have and "won't act openly against you," though I'm not sure what all that entails.

There are essentially no downsides. Supposedly they are more likely to plot against you but I've never noticed it.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah Dread is great especially early on in a succession, I always keep a few Evil faith people in my prisons so my next of kin can execute them all for quick Dread to keep the realm stable for a bit.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

THE BAR posted:

E:

Yes, vassals who are terrified of you won't join factions (it's a hard blocker, like having a strong hook or them being allied/friends/lovers with you). High enough dread essentially makes civil wars impossible since while there are a few traits that will make characters not afraid of you even at 100 dread, there won't be enough to cross the threshold required to make demands.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

There's also a perk in Stewardship I think that gives you an MaA discount (up to 50% off?) scaled with your dread level. Dread is broken as hell, mostly in how you acquire it. Executing random unlanded prisoners should probably be +1 at most.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

PittTheElder posted:

There's also a perk in Stewardship I think that gives you an MaA discount (up to 50% off?) scaled with your dread level. Dread is broken as hell, mostly in how you acquire it. Executing random unlanded prisoners should probably be +1 at most.

Especially when it's not a public execution. Not explicitly, anyway.

Shame it's a net benefit, since I like continuing the path characters have before they're handed to me.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Trevor Hale posted:

It helped me when my wife who hated me turned 40 and I only had 6 daughters. I picked up some fertility boosts and snuck a son in and then died a few months after he was born. A+ emergency skill tree

posted like a man who's never executed his wife and married a 16 year old

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
My only son just married every single one of his daughters off to neighbouring rulers thus destroying the dynasty forever. I was hoping my ruler would die so that I could break some of the betrothals the idiot kept making, but my overweight, perpetually ill, depressive Raja just kept trucking on and now I have a thousand grandchildren in foreign courts with foreign dynasties.

I think my only hope is that when I finally die, my successor (who is already around 50) can survive long enough to kill his current wife, marry somebody young, have a male child, and then change the succession to male-preference.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
See, if you picked seduction you could solve this problem by having and legitimizing a bastard.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Chatrapati posted:

My only son just married every single one of his daughters off to neighbouring rulers thus destroying the dynasty forever. I was hoping my ruler would die so that I could break some of the betrothals the idiot kept making, but my overweight, perpetually ill, depressive Raja just kept trucking on and now I have a thousand grandchildren in foreign courts with foreign dynasties.

I think my only hope is that when I finally die, my successor (who is already around 50) can survive long enough to kill his current wife, marry somebody young, have a male child, and then change the succession to male-preference.

One strategy that can be used in this situation is making sure the 'Allow Marriage's box is unchecked, then on the day they turn 16, imprisoning them and then releasing them in exchange for recruiting them to court.

But it is very dumb that you have no say in your heir's children's marriages if you land said heir.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

One strategy that can be used in this situation is making sure the 'Allow Marriage's box is unchecked, then on the day they turn 16, imprisoning them and then releasing them in exchange for recruiting them to court.

But it is very dumb that you have no say in your heir's children's marriages if you land said heir.

Honestly I'm still learning the game (didn't play the tutorial because I wanted to play in India), so I didn't even notice that check box existed.

I was having a pretty fun game too; started with two counties, went down to one for a while, got vassalised, then started eating my liege's Kingdom from the inside-out, incluing acquiring back my old county.

Veryslightlymad posted:

See, if you picked seduction you could solve this problem by having and legitimizing a bastard.

If he had a second son I would still have the same problem because I can't change laws again with this ruler. He actually has the seductive trait, but I spent a lifetime wooing my elderly liege until she died, so he only had one kid. I suppose it's never too late to try for another one, then I'd only need to change laws to male preference. I think that might actually be the way forward, thanks! Let's see which noble ladies fancy themselves a sad, fat elderly man who rules over a desert.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chatrapati posted:

This is the same as saying “I didn’t press A when I approached a pitfall in Mario and now I’m falling down the hole. What do?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is the same as saying “I didn’t press A when I approached a pitfall in Mario and now I’m falling down the hole. What do?”

No it's really not and there's absolutely no reason to be a dick about this.

I find the befriend perk to be almost a necessary choice for any ruler. It's just such a great way to circumvent a lot of the obstacles preventing people from liking or joining you. Befriending a bunch of bad rear end knights and watching them wreck poo poo against levies never gets old.