Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh come on! I'm in the middle of Death Stranding here :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress yeah

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Back when it came out, I enjoyed the Creeper World 4 demo quite a bit. Not sure if I'm going to buy it, but I definitely enjoyed it enough to recommend other people at least give it a shot.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

explosivo posted:

I'm interested in trying Wolcen again, I had gotten ~20 hours of genuine fun out of it playing with a couple friends, but once it hit the postgame and I realized there's nothing there I stopped immediately. Curious to see if they've changed anything else in that time or if they just tacked on a new campaign to a broken game and called it a day.

Id be curious about this too. I was interested in the game, but after release and it's problems, i decided to wait. Would be nice to see if it ever got more support.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Video game book sale:

https://twitter.com/BossFightBooks/status/1334497624901218305

30$ for 95 video game history books!

Glad to see the 2005 GBS photoshop thread theme of "putting a single prop from a game on a blank backdrop and calling it brilliant minimalism" is still alive and kicking.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Phogs looks a lot like Push Me Pull You

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
There are a lot of good games dropping this week alone, here's some of the stuff I'm looking at:

Shiren the Wanderer
Project Wingman
PHOGS
Per Aspera
Creeper World 4

I'm tempted to pick something up now, but Humble Choice is coming up tomorrow (more games). Besides, I'd like to hold off until the Winter Sale to take advantage of whatever cool thing they'll be doing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just played Project Wingman for an hour or so and it owns. If you like AC it’s the rare well-made knock-off of that concept. No weird gimmick camera stuff like HAWX to gently caress up the action or anything.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ok nobody else release any more good games this month

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

K8.0 posted:

Back when it came out, I enjoyed the Creeper World 4 demo quite a bit. Not sure if I'm going to buy it, but I definitely enjoyed it enough to recommend other people at least give it a shot.
Was it one of those time-limited demos or is it still around? I loved the other Creeper World games, but the switch to 3D is making me a lot more sceptical than I expected now that I've had the opportunity to see it in motion.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

You do know that now it's your fault if Cyberpunk gets delayed, right?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Cardiovorax posted:

Was it one of those time-limited demos or is it still around? I loved the other Creeper World games, but the switch to 3D is making me a lot more sceptical than I expected now that I've had the opportunity to see it in motion.
The demo is still available on the Steam page

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Internet Explorer posted:

You do know that now it's your fault if Cyberpunk gets delayed, right?

He said good games. :smugdog:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just played Project Wingman for an hour or so and it owns. If you like AC it’s the rare well-made knock-off of that concept. No weird gimmick camera stuff like HAWX to gently caress up the action or anything.

Do you know how long the game is supposed to be/how many missions there are? I loved ac7 though I'm terrible at it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

He said good games. :smugdog:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Video game book sale:

https://twitter.com/BossFightBooks/status/1334497624901218305

30$ for 95 video game history books!

I bought the Earthbound one of these when it came out (I think it was the very first one of the series) and it was a massive disappointment. It was far less a history of the game itself than it was the memoirs of some guy for whom Earthbound was a big part of his childhood, and the history that was there was nothing new at all - no new information or research or interviews or anything. Maybe they've gotten better over time but from what I've read these are not "video game history books" despite the marketing.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I played Nier in windowed mode. That kept it smooth for me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thoughts on Phoenix Point?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

Radio the Universe
Wattam (Dec 18)
OMORI (Dec 25) <--- yes this one is finally coming out, another indie forever project reaching the finish line

also i'm afraid to tell you Dragon Quest XI got added to Gamepass today

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

The 7th Guest posted:

Wattam (Dec 18)

Everybody should at least investigate Wattam because it is a super sweet feel-good game by Keita Takahashi, aka the Katamari Damacy guy!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1334607935515873280
Lmao :rip:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
god drat it i am up to my loving eyeballs in unplayed games and now you tell me wattam is finally being released, this month? gently caress! i've been waiting to play this with my small child and i guess i've got to beat yakuza 7 first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJ6O2H-aB8

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I bought too many games and now I have choice anxiety

https://twitter.com/Shvartacus/status/1334585168053501952

Now I have genital anxiety

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1334493101704970240

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

zoux posted:

Truly, I have never felt more properly represented in a video game before. The immersion is staggering.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hwurmp posted:

PHOGS! is out, be prepared to update your GOTY lists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s26rpR3nWg

holy poo poo im buying that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Truly, I have never felt more properly represented in a video game before. The immersion is staggering.

Greetings fellow penis 2 haver

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
They should allow you to photograph your junk and have it be accurately modeled in game. I know the technology exists.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

zoux posted:

Greetings fellow penis 2 haver
:gizz::hf::)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

penis 2 gangtag when

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

zoux posted:

His profile pic looks like Yung Gravy. Also +1 for genital diversity. Its a problem that needed immediate fixing.

They just need to close Bioware already.

strategery fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 3, 2020

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

They should allow you to photograph your junk and have it be accurately modeled in game. I know the technology exists.

Um, I play fantasy games to not deal with my mediocre life.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Penis 2: penis, too?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm doesn't seem to be a setting for my MAGNUM DONG

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

erection boogaloo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this is a level beyond penis

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

penis 2: electric dingaling

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think the ultimate evolution of the penis will involve extensive nanotechnology, able to extend to the perfect length and girth for any given situation.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Penis 2 was such a disappointment. It's just a stretched out version of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

lol no way