Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Dont Touch ME posted:

Just had somebody elsewhere on the internet call the 1920s era ROC an "American colonial puppet state". This was teased out after trying to get an explanation of why the embargo placed on Japan for invading China was "colonialism"

I'm firing all the neurons in my skull trying to figure out this nebulaic take

Western empires bad, eastern empires good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

This video is old and I'm sure everbody is sick of talking about American politics, but screw ya'll here's a clip of takes on the election from Shanghainese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO7ADbptCbk

I especially like the pro-Trump guy, who supports him for being a wildcard

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol: Lam having to stash cash. Double :lol: if she gets robbed after announcing her loot house.

The West/US still control the world's banking system, that's how sanctions work. It's how Meng got snapped. It is why China tries hard to setup these alternate financial systems. It's why they push OBOR so much. Once you realise how many tools the US has at their disposal T* looks even more of a useless incompetent bitch who would try to make a dollar off your COVID corpse if he could. Despite the tariffs most of the last 4 years has been a boon for CCP from the utter lack of leadership and US self-harm. The moment he slashed the department of State you could write off his Anti-China stance.

lilbeefer posted:

Can China please stop punishing Australia because Scomo asked for a coronavirus enquiry?

Yes Australia sucks America's dick, and Scomo is an idiot. I am not sure what they hope to achieve with all these import rejections though.

They are trying to scare everyone into line and Australia to submit. "Wolf Diplomacy". They think it makes them look strong not the little baby bitches they are. They hit Australia as it's both small enough to bully, large enough to make an example and western without really hurting themselves too much. Smashing New Zealand would look absurd also you know food.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the China vs Australia thing:
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...129-p56itu.html

Australia is taking China to the WTO, (World Trade Organization), over their pissbaby tantrum.

Dunno if it'll do much good though. As China is big enough and stubborn enough to just ignore any ruling, or punishment they might give, and the very act of Australia even suggesting to go there will anger them more.

But even at it's worst, it's a very public sign that countries aren't going to roll over for China as meekly as they have before.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
China has 5000 years of Photoshopping history! Australia cannot withstand it!

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/china-trolls-australia-with-sick-doctored-image/news-story/2f48f2199dfa76eb26c55b76d664cf23

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/annajhenderson/status/1333239135243440129

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
lol Scott Morrison showed more outrage at a fake image then he did at Australian SAS murdering 39 innocents (that they know of)

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posting the Photoshop is such a pissbaby move coming from China. It's like claiming to be a hero by punching a criminal after they have confessed, taken into custody at the police station and are getting ready to talk to their lawyer.

Don't suppose OZ should start posting photos of real Chinese concentration camps?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Big Willy Style posted:

lol Scott Morrison showed more outrage at a fake image then he did at Australian SAS murdering 39 innocents (that they know of)

This reeks to me of "Sandpaper-gate" (When the Aussie Cricket team was busted using sandpaper to cheat.)

Because Australians, (and I count myself amongst this), are, although not to the same extent as China, sanctimonious nationalistic whiny babies about certain things. Our ability at sport being one, and the sanctity and purity of 'the diggers' being another.

Unlike the US, we dont brag about how big and tough and scary our military is. We brag about how good and noble they are. The military things we revere are Gallipoli, (a defeat), and Simpson and his donkey, (a bloke who would walk to and from the battlefield ferrying the wounded to base on his donkey).

So when it came out that the Australian SAS were shooting handcuffed prisoners in the back of the head for fun, Everybody has lost their minds. The right, (with ScoMo being on this side), saying "How dare you accuse our good noble butter wouldn't belt in their mouths boys of something so horrible? There must be some mistake! You are obviously unaustralian baddies for bringing it up" etc. And the rest of the country pearl clutching at the disgrace of it all and the stain on our national character and reputation as the good and noble goodies that we think we are.

Much like in Sandpaper-gate where we all lost our collective minds about the cricket team being a bunch of cheating cunts, (which they had been for decades and everybody knew).

Yes, it's a horrible image, and put out as a classic piece of CCP whataboutism. But as the poster above me says, Scomo being more outraged at the insult and obvious trolling than he is about the dead civillians that the SAS executed reeks of Australia being more concerned with how the world sees us, ( and most importantly how we see ourselves), than anything else.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Big Willy Style posted:

having terrible people doing terrible things is relatively normal, like bad apple exists under an apple tree. it's not good for sure but it does happens rather naturally over time you can't help with it.

framing other people (in this case a country) of terrible things with shopped stuff is out right unacceptable. it is an act someone had thought about and executed willingly, this is not naturally rotted apple but outright fabricated stuff, and this poo poo coming from a country's representatives. holy poo poo it's so hosed up (we have a phrase for this in Cantonese, 老屈)

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently China is now saying the coronavirus initially emerged in India.

https://twitter.com/EconomicTimes/status/1333053738085335042

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Hah, why not North Korea next?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

Hah, why not North Korea next?

As if there's any wildlife left.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pharohman777 posted:

Apparently China is now saying the coronavirus initially emerged in India.

https://twitter.com/EconomicTimes/status/1333053738085335042

...but I thought China didn’t want an investigation :thunk:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/11/26/china-bound-flight-from-moscow-canceled-over-200-identical-coronavirus-tests-a72151

Game recognise game, it seems.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I just drank a beer with the Pangzai cyclone technique and I feel bloated and terrible. Full respect to the master.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fumble posted:

I just drank a beer with the Pangzai cyclone technique and I feel bloated and terrible. Full respect to the master.

Pangzai is a hero to me...

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pfff hahaha, China has doubled down on the Australian photoshop in the most transparent piece of BS possible. Real heroes right here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55140848

quote:

"The accusations made are simply to serve two purposes. One is to deflect public attention from the horrible atrocities by certain Australian soldiers. The other is to blame China for the worsening of bilateral ties. There may be another attempt to stoke domestic nationalism," it said in a statement.

"It's our advice that the Australian side face up to the crimes committed by Australian soldiers in Afghanistan, hold those perpetrators accountable and bring justice to the victims," the statement added.

The article is a bit of a hack job.

quote:

The tweet with the fake image was in response to an Australian Defence Force inquiry which said it found "credible information" that 25 Australian soldiers were involved in the murders of 39 Afghan civilians and prisoners between 2009 and 2013.

The findings, now under police investigation, triggered global condemnation.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lmao:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.theage.com.au/world/eur...201-p56jew.html

Dunno how much good this will actually do in terms of helping the Australian winemakers. But at the very least it shows that there is a united front against the CCP trying to bully other countries, (or "interfere in their internal affairs" if you want to use newspeak), via tarrifs etc.

I mean the IPAC was founded by a Tory, and looks very much to be a right wing "We can't let those slanty eyed commos get any more wealth or power" thing. But I suppose they're doing something good here?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Sometimes the fire that burns your hands can also cook your food.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm not super familiar with the politics of all the countries who have members in IPAC but it looks like it's mostly two legislators from each, one from each side of the political spectrum.
https://ipac.global/#team

Personally, as an alcoholic, this has to be a good thing. Cheap Australian red?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nothing wrong with buying Oz wine to spite China and to back a friend. Not like they are going to drink it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wine is a bourgeois affectation unless it's in a cube.

Wine cubes are the drink/shape of the people.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Wine is a bourgeois affectation unless it's in a cube.

Wine cubes are the drink/shape of the people.

you're in luck because Australia invented cask wine.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's normally a rectangular prism though, but I fully believe somewhere in Australia there is a 7 liter cask that is a cube.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Vintage chateau l'cardboard for the conscientious wino

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

there's a giant cask of Chateu Verde de Fleur stored inside the Sydney Opera house

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Cask wine is best if you have a Hills Hoist upon which to attach it and play "goon of fortune". As I believe all the young kids are calling it nowadays.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WarpedNaba posted:

Vintage chateau l'cardboard for the conscientious wino

Cardboardeux.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Gervasius posted:

Cardboardeux.

Gonna steal this.

Also, did the forum UI change? I don't remember all this blue.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Châteauneuf-du-Pape, for any nordics.
(goonbag = papvin)

WarpedNaba posted:

Gonna steal this.

Might be the setting between viewed/unviewed posts?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Aeble posted:

Châteauneuf-du-Pape, for any nordics.
(goonbag = papvin)

Might be the setting between viewed/unviewed posts?

Naw, Jeffrey is tweaking how the forums look. It's a work-in-progress!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

WarpedNaba posted:

Gonna steal this.

oh poo poo, that's on the forum's end? i had to reinstall my OS today and thought maybe i had lost some userscript that had been changing it or something

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1334510812552163328

Holy poo poo, check out her other tweets recently, too

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1334595354898128897