Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dunemarchers and a Lightweight weapon with Killing Wind so you can sprint through the campaign faster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Did I break Sun Warrior?

https://streamable.com/53p8ok

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

where are the phoenix cradles?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dunemarchers and a Lightweight weapon with Killing Wind so you can sprint through the campaign faster!

Dunemarchers are very fun right now too

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

As a sun titan too this warm my heart.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Horsebanger posted:

where are the phoenix cradles?

In the vault, where they’ve been since the day I got them. :colbert:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
wow, just had a terrible gambit bug- a blocker went intangible so we couldn't bank, but couldn't kill it. it also counted for two blockers for the drain. I mean I was just working on bounties so whatever but still. and yeah easiest solution is just don't play gambit lol

there was another bug earlier where a random scorn big guy was allied with us, that one was neat though.

ps ice warlock + vesper of radiance + 2xdynamo + 2xdistribution + defeat frozen targets for class ability energy + freeze for bonus weapon damage + defeat frozen targets with guns for super energy = you get half your super for one good rift

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Millertime posted:

Speaking of alts, my main (warlock), is about to hit 1250 in all slots, so I’m gonna start getting my alts up to speed and try out the new classes. I’m gonna level Titan first, and I’m forcing myself to take off Skullfort and try something else for smashing the campaign. I’m debating between using Stronghold paired with Lament and trying to sword my way through, or using Heir Apparent (snagged it first day from the kiosk, gently caress you Bungie) along with whatever the chest is that refills autos and MGs. Any other suggestions?

Dunemarchers are indeed a nice choice,
also i like that sun-plate-thing that massively speeds up recharge of solar skills when super is ready.
Alternatively Crest of alpha Lupi (barricade heals you) with double "recharge class skill when using class skill" or something.

Dont forget Guilliotine still trivializes all bosses although its technically less damage than Lament,
and im having way too much fun with Seraph weapons and Rasputin balls lately.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
What power level do I need to do 1250 lost sectors at minimum? I want those gloves badly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Moochewmoo posted:

What power level do I need to do 1250 lost sectors at minimum? I want those gloves badly.

Do you have lots of Warmind Cell and/or Charged With Light mods, or did you skip Year 3?

If you've got those mods, 1225 is doable, and 1230 is easy-peasy. If you're just going to go in there with goofball loadout, 1240+

Especially because it's like a 10-20% chance, so it's not like you just need to limp through one in 15 minutes. Gotta be able to clear them suckas fast!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hallowfire Heart is less good right now due to it being Season of Berserker. You wanna pop that super to get those sweet sweet damage stacks.

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

Eej posted:

Hallowfire Heart is less good right now due to it being Season of Berserker. You wanna pop that super to get those sweet sweet damage stacks.

Is there a general consensus on the most useful artifact mods to buy? I spent my last point on heavy finisher after flipping a coin between that and berserker, but am considering a reset...

I’ve seen people talk about how unstoppable shotguns is great with slugs but drat 7 energy for one mod is steep when I can slam it on a hand cannon for 1.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Unstoppable shotguns are well worth the cost. It’s nice to be able to use a secondary against Champions. It’s much more reliable than the primary unstoppable mod.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mill Village posted:

Unstoppable shotguns are well worth the cost. It’s nice to be able to use a secondary against Champions. It’s much more reliable than the primary unstoppable mod.

agree, the HC mod works but it's a low damage pain in the rear end by comparison. Find some gloves you like and eat the energy cost bullet, it's worth it

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I just I knew if the new hunter arms are bugged. It says repeated precision hits give your stasis melee unstoppable but I've never had it work or trigger.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I get the feeling that the 'repeated hits' system isn't working. It felt far more consistent last season with the 'ADS for a few seconds to load a special round' but apparently that's what HCs have this season and it doesn't feel like it works half the time.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Unstoppable shotty is worth it for the ability to cover all three champ types and still have a viable loadout alone, long as you have a deece scout like patron.

There are very, very few places in the game where this is necessary but when you do run into them you’ll thank yourself for having the ability.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How do you cover all 3? Unstoppable Shotty, Anti-Barrier Pulse/Whatever, Anti-Overload Grenades?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was doing the 1250 dungeon this morning before work and realized I don't have any decent unstoppable counters. I had a seventh seraph revolver laying around so I gave it a shot. I never really used a seventh seraph weapon before, so I tossed on warmind explosive thingy and went in there guns a blazing.

It was super easy, and I think I have fallen in love with seventh seraph weapons. Blew all my weapon parts this morning trying to get a seventh seraph AR with 4th times a charm and rampage, but was not lucky enough.

On a side note, I unlocked the catalyst for eraniana's vow and I now really love this weapon. It feels like a pocket sniper and just punched holes in enemies.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxyclean posted:

How do you cover all 3? Unstoppable Shotty, Anti-Barrier Pulse/Whatever, Anti-Overload Grenades?

the lament is anti-barrier, so use an overload assault rifle

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

If you don’t want to lock into any exotics that’s an option, you could also use Eriana’s with unstoppable hand cannon for barrier/unstoppable duty and then overload grenades

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you don’t want to lock into any exotics that’s an option, you could also use Eriana’s with unstoppable hand cannon for barrier/unstoppable duty and then overload grenades

I'd heard (at the launch of the season) that unstoppable hand cannon wasn't working with Eriana's, has that been fixed?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie hasn’t said anything about it but I doubt they intended for one gun to deal with two types of Champions.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Overload is countered by sword dps, no mod needed.
So the other two can be done by peimary and energy, or grenades (which i see as backup option tbh, especially since most of the fuckers you want to use it on just teleport from under the grenade while flipping you off)

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 3, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spanish Manlove posted:

the lament is anti-barrier

Well that explains a lot

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

It was super easy, and I think I have fallen in love with seventh seraph weapons. Blew all my weapon parts this morning trying to get a seventh seraph AR with 4th times a charm and rampage, but was not lucky enough.
I have a bad roll AR and HC and I love them. If they crop up fairly regularly from the gunsmith I might burn some parts trying to get an actual good roll. No idea how good they are in PvP but the HC in particular has a very nice feel in PvE.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have the seventh seraph AR, shotgun, and HMG and they're pretty mediocre rolls that feel and look extremely good

The seventh seraph armor looks pretty crappy on Titans though

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just I knew if the new hunter arms are bugged. It says repeated precision hits give your stasis melee unstoppable but I've never had it work or trigger.

its for weighted knife, which is the precision gunslinger tree, not stasis

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Oxyclean posted:

Lament, Unstoppable Shotty, Overload Scout - Overload AR is too fiddly, you need to maintain on target for too long with no interruption and it's hard to control when the overload round goes out. Scout's a ton easier.

But also overload nades lol

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Pyronic posted:

I'd heard (at the launch of the season) that unstoppable hand cannon wasn't working with Eriana's, has that been fixed?

It has not and it sucks.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Eriana's was never meant to work with Unstoppable HC because the intrinsic Anti-Barrier perk will always overwrite unstoppable.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Having anti-barrier on your primary is pretty useful for a lot of things if you're going to use mods on your other slots.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eriana's not working with Unstoppable is lame design. Let people do broken poo poo, particularly if you're going to have solo activities with double champion, match game, equipment lock.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Lament, Unstoppable Shotty, Overload Scout - Overload AR is too fiddly, you need to maintain on target for too long with no interruption and it's hard to control when the overload round goes out. Scout's a ton easier.

But also overload nades lol
Maybe I just havent found the right scout but they just really are one of my least favorite primaries. I'd rather use steelfeather or gnawing hunger and use overload nades to start a disruption, then the AR to lock it in, the follow up with a lot of sword.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Is there a way to see what the world drop lists are? Mainly what Banshee and Zavala give you for turn-ins.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Breaking a barrier in 2 shots with Eriana's then smacking their stunned rear end with a sword feels great.

Also, thank you all for saying how great the 7th weapons are. Now I know what my new goal is for this season :smith:.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

life_source posted:

Is there a way to see what the world drop lists are? Mainly what Banshee and Zavala give you for turn-ins.
There's nothing in-game for this since they disabled the Engram Preview for the Tower vendors. I believe the 3 core playlist vendors can drop pieces from their related armor set, their 1 activity specific gun, and any weapon from the world loot pool. I assume Banshee is limited to the world drop weapons.

The current world loot pool can be found in this infographic as any weapon with a purple engram next to it that doesn't expire at the end of this season:

or to summarize it:

Bungie announced that the world drop pool would favor dropping weapons with higher power caps, but I don't know how that factors into vendor rewards. Regardless, it's enough weapons that you will have to go through a lot of engrams to try to farm a good roll on a specific weapons, but also a surprisingly small number of weapons considering the effects of sunsetting on the total number of viable weapons currently in the game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49650

- next gen console patch next week
- Prophecy returns. powerfuls at each checkpoint and pinnacle at end, once per week
- Next week you can pick up bounties straight from the Companion app (while offline, orbit, in tower)
- Bunch of bug fixes

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

thank you thank you thank you

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1334605543810338816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass