Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dunlap's foot injury not serious whew!
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1334250315256799232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

From Twitter shitposts to a trademark to a t-shirt display at Safeway. It’s been a wild ride.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 3, 2020

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Safeway gets the best non-grocery schlock. Pick up a my pillow while you're there!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The (Safeway owned) Albertsons near me has a big, permanent Seahawks shop in the front. So Russ is getting merchandising cash with that?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

The (Safeway owned) Albertsons near me has a big, permanent Seahawks shop in the front. So Russ is getting merchandising cash with that?

Apropos of nothing remember when a Very Smart Business Dude convinced Haggen to buy most of the Albertsons on the west coast and it bankrupted the company almost immediately

Dudes Rock, is what I'm saying

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

Apropos of nothing remember when a Very Smart Business Dude convinced Haggen to buy most of the Albertsons on the west coast and it bankrupted the company almost immediately

This also killed Top Foods, which was the best grocery store in the area.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

shirts and skins posted:

That story really deserves an airport reader treatment.

Apparently buying a massive expansion because the previous owner had to offload for trust-busting reasons and not checking the way they were accounting the inventory and overhead is a bad idea, especially when the previous owner would continue to be a competitor in those same markets!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Idk anything about politics but I'm pretty sure Safeway got the Albertsons fried chicken recipe and thats a good thing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Peachfart posted:

This also killed Top Foods, which was the best grocery store in the area.

Haggen had already killed off top foods in 2011 as part of a rebranding effort. Then they went full galaxy brain by buying a bunch of Albertsons / Safeways as a part of them being required to sell a few per their agreement to not remain a monopoly only for Haggen to lose all their money and end up selling them back to Albertsons lmao.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Safeway and Kroger(Fred Meyer, QFC) were the worst of the major chains here 20 years ago and now they are the only ones left. Other than the new chains like Winco, which is okay I guess.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Fired Meyer has revamped their stores over the past few years for the better IMO (at least in my area). They have more options and better prices than Safeway.
There's something called Saars Super Saver near me, but I've never been. Just seems like a big grocery outlet.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Saars is good and very cheap, the one by me probably has the best produce selection of any grocery store nearby.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I love Haggen.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

More disappointing that the loss to the dolphins this year? I can't compere because I was at deer camp for the last four days and didn't have access to the game..

I had a feeling about the Dolphins game with Flores being a Belichick guy and all that. McVay can't beat Shanahans or Belichicks.

49ers game was disappointing just because they had a real good shot at the number 1 seed provided they could win out, which wasn't entirely unrealistic. Goff was playing better and destroying blitzes against the Seahawks and Bucs and the defense was still solid. Now they are going to be in a slapfight with the Seahawks, who have a cake schedule, to win the division and probably the 2 seed(which doesn't really matter this year).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

I had a feeling about the Dolphins game with Flores being a Belichick guy and all that. McVay can't beat Shanahans or Belichicks.

Would you keep it down with this football stuff? We are talking about PNW grocery store chains here.

Also, I hate Fred Meyer because their aisles are super narrow and their layouts are terrible. Haggin was fine but overpriced. Once my local store switched from Haggin back to Albertsons it was awesome because we got the good selection/prices with a store that got cleaned up and remodeled by Haggin.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Would you keep it down with this football stuff? We are talking about PNW grocery store chains here.

Also, I hate Fred Meyer because their aisles are super narrow and their layouts are terrible. Haggin was fine but overpriced. Once my local store switched from Haggin back to Albertsons it was awesome because we got the good selection/prices with a store that got cleaned up and remodeled by Haggin.

I shop at the Real Canadian Superstore down a couple blocks

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DariusLikewise posted:

I shop at the Real Canadian Superstore down a couple blocks

I've never liked Superstore for some reason, not sure why.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

I hate Superstore too but the only other options I have here are Safeway/Sobeys or a Co-op and Sobeys tends to be twice the price for the groceries I buy versus Superstore.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Fred Meyer rules and I miss it desperately, you guys don't know what you have. Haggen is also great, where it still exists.

Still can't believe you guys can walk into a Target and grab a bottle of Woodford Reserve off the shelf, that blows my mind when I go home

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Josh Gordon is eligible to return. Given that Moore is still fighting injury, might be good to bring him back in (if he is still in playing shape).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

Josh Gordon is eligible to return. Given that Moore is still fighting injury, might be good to bring him back in (if he is still in playing shape).

Not til week 16 (Rams), it seems. Still, the Hawks have had him on contract all year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in shape.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Fred Meyer is pretty good but a lot of the Kroger branded generics really suck. Those knock-off Cheez-Its... never again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MakaVillian posted:

probably sandra

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Fred Meyer rules and I miss it desperately, you guys don't know what you have. Haggen is also great, where it still exists.

Still can't believe you guys can walk into a Target and grab a bottle of Woodford Reserve off the shelf, that blows my mind when I go home

It's funny, I still just go to Total Wine to get things. In WA they sell Suntory whiskey for cheaper than Costco.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
QFC is way better than Safeway what is all this nonsense, I’d rather go to PCC before Safeway

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's funny, I still just go to Total Wine to get things. In WA they sell Suntory whiskey for cheaper than Costco.

It's probably one of those "yeah it's actually crap though" to the locals but as an out of towner, I found Total Wine in Tukwila amaaaaazing. The prices were weird though. Some stuff (local especially) was super cheap, but some imported stuff was actually more expensive than LCBO prices.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

King Hong Kong posted:

Fred Meyer is pretty good but a lot of the Kroger branded generics really suck. Those knock-off Cheez-Its... never again.

I don't think I've ever found a knock-off Cheez-It that came anywhere close in taste to the real thing.

E: to circle back to football, I'm very happy to see Josh Gordon reinstated especially since Moore seemed hurt against Philly.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Sweeper posted:

QFC is way better than Safeway what is all this nonsense, I’d rather go to PCC before Safeway

You should be going to PCC anyway. Best grocery store out here.

Go Hawks.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Sweeper posted:

There aren't nearly the same number of QFCs as Safeways or Fred Meyers.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

I'd rather they go back to the old ways of having a liquor store that sold liquor at half the price, because goddamn look what you did, Costco:

Back when I used to make frequent trips to CA, I'd always pack three bottles in carry on each time I came back. Sadly, there's not much of a choice here.

edit: I will say having Total Wines in our state is amazing, though. But I always try to buy in bulk there when I go to Nevada or California.

edit 2: I'm sad none of you have mentioned asian grocery stores for produce, because they're cheap as hell, like Ranch 99!

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 4, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

I'd rather they go back to the old ways of having a liquor store that sold liquor at half the price, because goddamn look what you did, Costco:

Back when I used to make frequent trips to CA, I'd always pack three bottles in carry on each time I came back. Sadly, there's not much of a choice here.

edit: I will say having Total Wines in our state is amazing, though. But I always try to buy in bulk there when I go to Nevada or California.

edit 2: I'm sad none of you have mentioned asian grocery stores for produce, because they're cheap as hell, like Ranch 99!

The selection at those places was poo poo, though. And now I have to deal with the same thing in Virginia, although thankfully the state line is two miles away instead of 100. We have Total Wine out here but it's beer and wine only. The DC Costco can sell liquor, though.

Also, Safeway is waaaaaay nicer in the NW than out here. It's a hugely outdated and run down chain out this way.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I thought it was the other way around with albertsons owning safeway? Oddly enough both Albertsons and WinCo are headquartered in Boise.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DariusLikewise posted:

I hate Superstore too but the only other options I have here are Safeway/Sobeys or a Co-op and Sobeys tends to be twice the price for the groceries I buy versus Superstore.

I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart (I know) for that very reason. I'll go to Safeway/Sobeys or a bougie shop for some specialty items though.

Spoeank posted:

probably sandra

How dare you sir! Sandra is misunderstood.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 4, 2020

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Alright, best grocery stores, Seattle area edition:

1. Winco
2. Uwajimaya (for the SoCal / San Jose folks, this our Mitsuwa Marketplace, but better)
3. Fred Meyer (the ones in Portland are better, obvs)
4. H-Mart
5. Ranch 99
6. Grocery Outlet
7. Trader Joe's
8. That mess of QFC, Safeway, and Albertsons
9. That guy selling sketchy food on the side of Pike Place market
10. Whole Foods

I'll give a shout out to all the other Asian grocery stores like Viet-Wah, Lam's Seafood, and Seafood City too.

Go football woo

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Flash is going make some critical catches to make up for some abominable defence, cementing himself as a future Seahawks legend.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

half cocaine posted:

Flash is going make some critical catches to make up for some abominable defence, cementing himself as a future Seahawks legend.

He’ll be up on the Seahawks Rushmore with jerry rice

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

seiferguy posted:

1. Winco
2. Uwajimaya (for the SoCal / San Jose folks, this our Mitsuwa Marketplace, but better)
4. H-Mart
5. Ranch 99
6. Grocery Outlet
7. Trader Joe's
10. Whole Foods

I'll give a shout out to all the other Asian grocery stores like Viet-Wah, Lam's Seafood, and Seafood City too.

Go football woo

Central Market is good too, if you're near Poulsbo or Shoreline

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mr. Fix It posted:

Central Market is good too, if you're near Poulsbo or Shoreline

I used to have a big dilemma about getting sushi, pizza, or a sandwich at the Poulsbo location when I'd go out there to visit my ex

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

seiferguy posted:

1. Winco
4. H-Mart
5. Ranch 99
6. Grocery Outlet
7. Trader Joe's
10. Whole Foods

Go football woo

Didn't there used to be some place called Pacific Marketplace or Pacific Coast Markets or something like that? I remember going to one I think near Seward park once and it seemed pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

my god, what have I done

as a Bellingham resident, I have access to Safeway, Fred Meyer, and most of the remaining Haggens, AMA

Also, seiferguy’s list should have Metropolitan Market on it. Fancy high-end stuff like Whole Foods, but you can also buy Coke/Pepsi products and things with chemicals. You know, like a normal person.

Uwajimaya rules and I miss it, but I’ve found a sketchy Asian grocery for esoteric stuff.