Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

Its yooka laylee

I win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok was worried you were badmouthing my favourite game, the bad mega man one

Mighty Number Nine?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Look at these little infant gamers who didn't choose God's Correct Class, the Titan, and shoulder check everyone to death

lol whoops you're frozen

- a warlock

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol whoops you're frozen

- a warlock

That only started happening recently <:mad:>

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Ok was worried you were badmouthing my favourite game, the bad mega man one

Mighty Number Nine?
glad mighty number nine exists at least, because without it you don't have mighty gunvolt burst, which is probably the best mega man game ever released. thats right, even better than regular mega man

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it just me being bad or is Zelda's moveset in Hyrule Warriors 2 extremely awkward (meanwhile link with a spear or two handed weapon is v satisfying)

cheetah7071 posted:

Its yooka laylee

The 2D Yooka Laylee was pretty ok

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it just me being bad or is Zelda's moveset in Hyrule Warriors 2 extremely awkward (meanwhile link with a spear or two handed weapon is v satisfying)

The 2D Yooka Laylee was pretty ok

nah i never play as her, though I'm kinda expecting a plot related upgrade or something. I'm not very far but i really like mipha, revali, urbosa, and spear link

homeless snail posted:

glad mighty number nine exists at least, because without it you don't have mighty gunvolt burst, which is probably the best mega man game ever released. thats right, even better than regular mega man

you might wanna sit down for this but, mega man classic is the worst mega man series

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

she has a couple good moves but its intentionally awkward because at that point in the BOTW story she has no confidence and feels inferior to all the superheroes she's surrounded by and then her powers awaken and her second moveset is, one of the best in the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

you might wanna sit down for this but, mega man classic is the worst mega man series
yeah mega man sucks rear end, that's why the best mega man game is mighty gunvolt burst

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone said mighty no. 2 yet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
megaman battle networks were the best megamens

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
star force close second

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also can't wait to find out that these hangers on from the old days were holding bioware back as DA4 and ME5 become the best games they've ever made

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mighty gunvolt burst has two playable gal gun characters as dlc. how many gal gun characters can you play as in mega man? zero.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

mighty gunvolt burst has two playable gal gun characters as dlc.

No thank you

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6G9smtj8Do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Also can't wait to find out that these hangers on from the old days were holding bioware back as DA4 and ME5 become the best games they've ever made

:toxx: they won’t be

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

In the case of Origin it was justified, those in charge were attempting to rip off EA Games and continually failed to meet contract obligations. Chris Roberts (who would later almost be turned into law enforcement for attempting to scam Microsoft during the development of Freelancer), and Richard Garriot were the big offenders, and take a guess at what both are doing today?

I cannot believe you would speak ill of any known astronaut, let alone Richard "Lord British" Garriott, all around sane person and inventor of virtues

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

mighty gunvolt burst has two playable gal gun characters as dlc. how many gal gun characters can you play as in mega man? zero.

just because they call the robot "megaman" doesn't mean it is a whatever we consider a non-gal to be. megaman is a megagal and mega things humans couldn't even understand

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Semi-Protato posted:

I cannot believe you would speak ill of any known astronaut, let alone Richard "Lord British" Garriott, all around sane person and inventor of virtues

I tried playing Ultima IX this week for the first time ever, great atmosphere and world building, but god awful to play. The main menu is a book and you have to flip through 30 pages to get to the save/reload part, and options menu.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mega man 6 is the best mega man

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

homeless snail posted:

I didn’t know Zero was a gal gun character

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

wuggles posted:

Sadly there isn't an actual robot character in Gal Gun. One of the girls makes robot noises in bed though.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Don't forget Visceral!

I've been playing Dead Space recently and it's a loving shame what happened to that series. The original DS3 sounded really cool as well :(

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I tried playing Ultima IX this week for the first time ever, great atmosphere and world building, but god awful to play. The main menu is a book and you have to flip through 30 pages to get to the save/reload part, and options menu.

Ultima 7 and 7.5 were fantastic, 8 was godawful, and I don't remember much about 9 except that there's a fan patch out there somewhere that makes it playable but I could never be bothered to try. I think I tried playing it back at release but ran into the stupid book thing like you did. It was impenetrable.

The whole Ultima series peaked at the end of the Ultima Online beta when Lord British was giving his big thank you speech and a griefer killed him.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

I wish kids got wholesome gambling experiences like Neopets which taught me more how the economy functioned than any high school class.

One of the funniest posts I've seen this year was someone worried about their Neopets stock crashing and another player helpfully reassuring them that the stock market crash was in real life and would not affect their Neopets portfolio

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wuggles posted:

you better believe zero fucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Semi-Protato posted:

Ultima 7 and 7.5 were fantastic, 8 was godawful, and I don't remember much about 9 except that there's a fan patch out there somewhere that makes it playable but I could never be bothered to try. I think I tried playing it back at release but ran into the stupid book thing like you did. It was impenetrable.

The whole Ultima series peaked at the end of the Ultima Online beta when Lord British was giving his big thank you speech and a griefer killed him.

My favorite Ultima Online story is that one, and then Game Masters created a bunch of house deeds and claimed landplots and then sold them all on Ebay and made thousands of dollars off it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've been thinking about grabbing a Mega Man for nostalgia and I like those games better than Metroid. Is Mighty Gunvolt Burst that good?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I finished the Doom Eternal DLC - dumbass plot twist and marauders aside, the main issue I have with it is that the maps really needed a 'getting hung up on bullshit' pass. Half of any difficulty I faced was that the DOOMSLAYER got stuck on a tiny rock or twig and in the second you can't move 20 buffed demons swarm you and pound your poo poo. The two new gimmicks aren't bad - almost.

The spirit is a really fun idea but it makes the enemies it inhabits way too tanky and the mobility loss you take trying to kill it with the microwave beam is just kind of a cheap shot. You can't afford to ignore it because whatever it possess get the super cool and not all lazy action game gimmick 'what if this enemy just never stops attacking?' The blood makyr or whatever is actually pretty good though sometimes you hit the same issue as you with marauders where it just simply will not take the action you need it to in order to damage it. The final boss encounter sucks poo poo as it's all 3 of the problems I mentioned rolled into one. It's the only time in the base game and dlc I was ever offered the sentinel armor which is probably a sign it's either a bullshit difficultly spike or just not well designed. It would have been fine if there wasn't a insta-respawning blood makyr cheapshotting you with slowdown attacks tossed in for fun.

Complaints aside I really like the game and the DLC. Some of the arenas are really interesting and fun to play around.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also my game of the decade is Fire Emblem Awakening and the 3DS because that combination of game and system turned me into a gamer for the first time in a decade, instead of a dad who lets the 5 year old win at Mario Kart.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If a game turns you into a gamer then it's WGOTD surely?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

One of the funniest posts I've seen this year was someone worried about their Neopets stock crashing and another player helpfully reassuring them that the stock market crash was in real life and would not affect their Neopets portfolio

some neostocks have experienced random but persistent crashes, i had a couple million neopoints wasted into a stock i bought when it was like surprisingly low, but it turns out it was low from a crash from an all time high. I assumed it would go back to its normal range eventually and kept buying lol. Years later it still never climbed anywhere close to some of the dive prices I bought at. Maybe it has in the past few since getting my account frozen, but man, the neostocks crash is real, just not tied to irl events.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chev posted:

Sadly there isn't an actual robot character in Gal Gun. One of the girls makes robot noises in bed though.

Based on the creeper cam footage all the gals are in high school.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Why does this game exist :stonk:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Convex posted:

You know why.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Walla posted:

I've been thinking about grabbing a Mega Man for nostalgia and I like those games better than Metroid. Is Mighty Gunvolt Burst that good?

Yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Convex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1SnvHSQLg

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
I guess I'd need to put Witcher 3 in second place on my gotd list, since first is bowsette. Wolfenstein New Order, Alien Isolation, Sunless Sea/Sky, Dark Souls series, Terraria, MGSV, Spacechem, Portal 2, Life is Strange in some order. It'll probably be a different list tomorrow.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

its good, great stage and boss design that would make it a decent enough off brand mega man on its own, but then they blow out the basic rear end mega man boss weapon mechanic into this weirdly flexible weapon crafting system where along with the boss elements you're also picking up parts that let you build custom weapons that do all kinds of weird poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAgkBuh0HFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

games of the decade based on a secret metric which i shan't reveal to thee mostly out of keeping my dignity intact:

Borderlands 2
Overwatch
Destiny 2
Pokemon
Mass Effect
WoW