Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I said come in! posted:

This is a cute ad minus the part where the dogs are being ignored by their people. I've never done that to my dog while playing a video game. That just seems really mean and they understand when they are being ignored.

I assumed you were a cat person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I assumed you were a cat person.

I have a dog now, but i've mostly been a cat person growing up.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
My cat comes and sits on my ottoman when I'm gaming and is very content to just be next to my feet.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

My cat used to sit in my lap and purr while I played. I would lose multiplayer games because I would keep stopping to snuggle her. I miss you kitty!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hail Satan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I’m very very happy with my Series S. It feels like getting a new pc. Everything runs and looks so much better. I’m glad I paid $300 to play Destiny 2 with slightly better FPS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

30->60 fps is worth 300 bucks tbh, I hope devs keep doing 60fps modes on Series S with whatever low rear end res it needs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

They made a trailer about this thread talking about Halo 4?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

What the gently caress. Paused WD: Legion to watch Prime Video and not only did it turn off the game in the background, I lost all of today's progress. Obviously the save fuckery is on Ubi but MS really needs to make it clearer when launching an app closes others

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ruffian Price posted:

What the gently caress. Paused WD: Legion to watch Prime Video and not only did it turn off the game in the background, I lost all of today's progress. Obviously the save fuckery is on Ubi but MS really needs to make it clearer when launching an app closes others

the xbox doesn't suspend a game to play a media app?
wild.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The worst thing is the cool-rear end hacker lady I recruited for turning the first district got rerolled and is some white prick now :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of you get Immortals

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe
Anybody still waiting on their WalMart order? My FedEx tracking hasn't been updated since Nov 13th. I'm pretty sure my Series X was jacked. Walmart has been moving back the delivery date every day and they're not letting me get a refund until 24 hours have passed after the delivery date which they changed 3 times already.

Any advice or similar scenario? I'm pretty over this already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hoppin Tin posted:

Anybody still waiting on their WalMart order? My FedEx tracking hasn't been updated since Nov 13th. I'm pretty sure my Series X was jacked. Walmart has been moving back the delivery date every day and they're not letting me get a refund until 24 hours have passed after the delivery date which they changed 3 times already.

what is the current status of the tracking? Does it show as picked up by FedEx?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Hail satin

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Hoppin Tin posted:

Can you contact FedEx and get them to investigate? Then it should get back to Walmart.

A couple years ago I got an iPad for my wife from Walmart and it just stalled at a delivery center and Walmart refused to do poo poo until the delivery company formally marked it as missing/lost.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hoppin Tin posted:

Oof sorry - I got an X on the 19th and PS5 on the 25th and both delivered within 4 or 5 days of ordering.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just reminding everyone there's a bunch of MS rewards points in the Xbox/Game pass apps. Already notched a little over 4k points this month.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I had a weird thing happen the other night with the store - got enough MS Reward points for a $10 credit, and decided to use that credit to get the Xbox 360 version of Soul Calibur II which never seems to go on sale and didn't want to pay $20 for it, but $10 + $10 reward money seemed fair. When I checked out, it hung up and told me that "something went wrong" and that I should try again later. I tried three more times and got the same thing, so I waited a few minutes, tried twice more and decided to wait until morning to try again.

I woke up and my account owns Soul Calibur II, and I still have my $10 credit. :downs:

There is no record of the transaction in my purchases.

My excitement for the apparent free game is tempered a bit by the five pending $10 authorizations on my credit card - let's hope at least three of those go away so I don't have to call customer service with this bizarre story.

Good job, Microsoft?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Milosh posted:

I’m very very happy with my Series S. It feels like getting a new pc. Everything runs and looks so much better. I’m glad I paid $300 to play Destiny 2 with slightly better FPS.

how do i play destiny 2 in 60fps it is brutally bad on my OLED tv.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I signed up for 3 months of GamePass ultimate for $1, changed my ancient GamerTag, and downloaded the Xbox app.

... now all I need is an Xbox

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Laserface posted:

how do i play destiny 2 in 60fps it is brutally bad on my OLED tv.

You wait for the patch next week or you hook your PC up to your TV now.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Did the retail emulator thing because why not, immediately played through Jedi Power Battles on Dreamcast and it was flawless. I was even able to use the game clipping feature to record clips of gameplay. I wonder if I can twitch stream it.

Highly recommend.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Biodome posted:

Did the retail emulator thing because why not, immediately played through Jedi Power Battles on Dreamcast and it was flawless. I was even able to use the game clipping feature to record clips of gameplay. I wonder if I can twitch stream it.

Highly recommend.

Nice. I am looking for a Series S now after a long period of no desire to get an xbox.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

You wait for the patch next week or you hook your PC up to your TV now.

ok cool cos i dug through all the menus looking for it the other day but couldnt find anything.

also i wish games remembered that you have actually played them before and didnt run you through 500 tool tips.

I would seriously pay money for an option in games that lets you simply go straight from selecting the game on the Xbox UI to actually playing the game

FH4 and Destiny 2 both had annoying as gently caress cutscenes and menus and sub menus and poo poo when all I wanna do in those games is just dive in and start doing poo poo. I dont give a gently caress about the DLC I dont have, I dont give a gently caress about changing the skin on my Peter Dinklage bot, I dont give a gently caress about character emotes. just let me PLAY THE FUCKIN GAME.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Biodome posted:

Highly recommend.

Speaking of...

https://youtu.be/3kCtgIwlHFg

PS2 will be great once they port the emulator over and do a little work on it.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Miles McCloud posted:

I had a weird thing happen the other night with the store - got enough MS Reward points for a $10 credit, and decided to use that credit to get the Xbox 360 version of Soul Calibur II which never seems to go on sale and didn't want to pay $20 for it, but $10 + $10 reward money seemed fair. When I checked out, it hung up and told me that "something went wrong" and that I should try again later. I tried three more times and got the same thing, so I waited a few minutes, tried twice more and decided to wait until morning to try again.

I woke up and my account owns Soul Calibur II, and I still have my $10 credit. :downs:

There is no record of the transaction in my purchases.

My excitement for the apparent free game is tempered a bit by the five pending $10 authorizations on my credit card - let's hope at least three of those go away so I don't have to call customer service with this bizarre story.

Good job, Microsoft?

for real fun i figured out by accident that if you have game pass and download any og xbox or 360 games from game pass and then end your game pass sub you still own the og and 360 games and you can download them to all your consoles as if you bought them from the store. Spend the buck, go hog wild.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news everyone, shrek superslam has audio problems on xbox :(

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I love when I search for something and one of those really weird fan wikis with articles for fictional poo poo turn up.

Like this Shrek Superslam 2 entry... https://videogamefanon.fandom.com/wiki/Shrek_SuperSlam_2

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I've spent all night playing Saturn games in perfect quality on my Series X, this is the only night in 2 weeks I haven't just played Demons Souls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Duckula posted:

I've spent all night playing Saturn games in perfect quality on my Series X, this is the only night in 2 weeks I haven't just played Demons Souls.

What Saturn games have you tried? I miss my Sega Saturn so much.

Best Buy failed me today, they did not have my system ready for pick up like they said they would.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Death crimson

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I had this solid gray cat called Frankie that LOVED to lie on me when I played video games. Once he even got on my chair and meowed because he wanted to lay on me. drat, now I'm almost crying.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My cat has moved from sleeping on top of the cable box to sleeping on the floor in front of where the Series X exhaust is pointed.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I said come in! posted:

What Saturn games have you tried? I miss my Sega Saturn so much.

Best Buy failed me today, they did not have my system ready for pick up like they said they would.

The Saturn is pretty rad. I have a couple of them in my garage and one of them has the memory card thing that lets you play import games. My brother got that thing when he worked at a video game store. I have pretty much everything ancient except a jaguar, turbografx, and lynx. Saturn and Dreamcast stand out to me a some of the best but Im slightly a sega fanboy. i should break it out and teach my kids to play virtual on.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I installed a MODE in my Saturn a few months ago and it's really cool. Got hundreds of Saturn games on an SD card and they look beautiful on a PVM. The MODE costs $200 but you could easily make that by selling a couple of decent Saturn games. That disc drive isn't gonna last forever anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

otter posted:

The Saturn is pretty rad. I have a couple of them in my garage and one of them has the memory card thing that lets you play import games. My brother got that thing when he worked at a video game store. I have pretty much everything ancient except a jaguar, turbografx, and lynx. Saturn and Dreamcast stand out to me a some of the best but Im slightly a sega fanboy. i should break it out and teach my kids to play virtual on.

I hope I can play on the Xbox Retroarch:
Virtua Cop 1 & 2
Daytona USA
Diehard Arcade
Clockwork Knight 1 & 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Dark Savior
Solar Eclipse

There are a bunch others I am sure I am missing. The system had a lot of great games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I installed a MODE in my Saturn a few months ago and it's really cool. Got hundreds of Saturn games on an SD card and they look beautiful on a PVM. The MODE costs $200 but you could easily make that by selling a couple of decent Saturn games. That disc drive isn't gonna last forever anyway.

Nothing in the world beats playing the original hardware on a PVM.