Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pompeo is trying to help Israel out by getting the State Department to label several large human rights NGOs 'anti-Semitic'

https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/1319003340714483713

to be an edgelord in the past ive joked about how "human rights" are just an anti-semitic conspiracy

oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JasonAdamK/status/1331272984191971328

any other goon jews constantly dealing with this bullshit

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Kanine posted:

Literally every time it gets brought up. I've never seen one of these jackasses even say they have a jewish friend, I just get talked over or my contributions to the conversation completely ignored.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

eSports Chaebol posted:

to be an edgelord in the past ive joked about how "human rights" are just an anti-semitic conspiracy

oops
HUMAN RIGHTS IS CODE FOR ANTI WHITE(semites)

I am surprised however, that Bibi isn't Trump's election lawyer seeing as he's frauding the entire country much more successfully than trump

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh also

https://twitter.com/Kizaru/status/1331553498685607940

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Miftan posted:

Literally every time it gets brought up. I've never seen one of these jackasses even say they have a jewish friend, I just get talked over or my contributions to the conversation completely ignored.

goyem seem super super into the whole "good jew/bad jew" thing that shapiro constantly pushes

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Kanine posted:

Well that's one form of bullshit I don't have to deal with as I live in israel.
I get plenty of IDF apologism and victim blaming though.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

By popular demand posted:

Well that's one form of bullshit I don't have to deal with as I live in israel.
I get plenty of IDF apologism and victim blaming though.

It's fine I'm from Israel as well. Once you're overseas you'll get it too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not religious, but was raised religious and I'm Jewish enough to have been thrown in the gas chambers so...

Yes, yes, I deal with it any time I talk about I/P.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Wonder if anyone should try telling them Muslims are descended from Shem too. (I realize that's a linguistic point and not a sociopolitical one but, still).

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I just don't talk about Israel/Palestine with gentiles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I just don't talk about Israel/Palestine with gentiles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its uhh irritating when any time it comes up that im a jew (i dont really like to talk about it in public because people are really loving weird about it) people immediately always seem to want to ask me about israel and poo poo i hate it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol israel, looking forward to naftali bennett having the second-largest parliamentary grouping

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Goddamn lol

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1334155977814388737?s=21

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fascism? We aren't fascist! We vote every 6 months! How can that be fascist

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

You see is the Diaspora you have x amount of elections every y amount of years but in Israel it is slightly more because the Rabbi's didn't know about calendars and daylight savings and the tilt of the earth's axis or some poo poo.

Also fourth time is the charm I guess.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Wasn't the entire (given) point of betraying the burgeoning gently caress Bibi coalition to have a stable government for covid?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Wasn't the entire (given) point of betraying the burgeoning gently caress Bibi coalition to have a stable government for covid?

That was the excuse, but probably the real reason is that the agreement was actually quite favorable for Gantz personally. Rather than risking a fourth round of elections for the chance to rule over an extremely narrow coalition that leaned well to the left of him, he could wait 18 months to become prime minister over a broad center-right government with plenty of room to ignore the far-rifgt fringe.

The catch being, of course, that Gantz had to give up basically all of his political leverage over Netanyahu to join the agreement, which in turn ensured that Gantz would have no way to hold Bibi to the agreement. Which of course leads to exactly what's happening now: Netanyahu is breaking the agreement, and the only thing Gantz can do about it is threaten a new round of elections, except the "gently caress Bibi" coalition is gone and it's highly unlikely Gantz would be able to pull together a new one.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Main Paineframe posted:

That was the excuse, but probably the real reason is that the agreement was actually quite favorable for Gantz personally. Rather than risking a fourth round of elections for the chance to rule over an extremely narrow coalition that leaned well to the left of him, he could wait 18 months to become prime minister over a broad center-right government with plenty of room to ignore the far-rifgt fringe.

The catch being, of course, that Gantz had to give up basically all of his political leverage over Netanyahu to join the agreement, which in turn ensured that Gantz would have no way to hold Bibi to the agreement. Which of course leads to exactly what's happening now: Netanyahu is breaking the agreement, and the only thing Gantz can do about it is threaten a new round of elections, except the "gently caress Bibi" coalition is gone and it's highly unlikely Gantz would be able to pull together a new one.

It takes a very special brain to think, "I'm going to maneuver my way to the top in politics, just like Nick Clegg!"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.reuters.com/article/iraq-iran-syria-militias/air-strike-kills-irgc-commander-at-iraq-syria-border-iraqi-officials-idUSKBN28A2SB

I still don't understand how Israel is bombing and assassinating people in sovereign countries it's not at war with like Syria, Iraq and Iran and getting away with it. Even leaving aside the legal basis for it, aren't they worried of retaliation?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

mila kunis posted:

https://www.reuters.com/article/iraq-iran-syria-militias/air-strike-kills-irgc-commander-at-iraq-syria-border-iraqi-officials-idUSKBN28A2SB

I still don't understand how Israel is bombing and assassinating people in sovereign countries it's not at war with like Syria, Iraq and Iran and getting away with it. Even leaving aside the legal basis for it, aren't they worried of retaliation?
Israel has nukes and a better military than all of those countries

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
America has more to do with it than any of that. The Invincible Israelis myth has kind of been irrevocably shattered.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Syria and Iraq have bigger problems than Israel anyway. Iran is also busy dealing with our dumb poo poo as well.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Israel has nukes and a better military than all of those countries

Also, there are retaliation attacks. You don't get this kind of deep seated conflicts without the tit for tat retaliations. The atrocities following people getting assassinated or abducted etc.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think with trump gone netanyahu will lose too

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

mila kunis posted:

If anyone actually genuinely messes with Israel, suddenly there’s a big looming shadow behind them before America taps on their shoulder and goes “oi mate; what are you doin on our unsinkable aircraft carrier, I don’t remember givin you permission to be on there”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

hakimashou posted:

I think with trump gone netanyahu will lose too
There isn’t a viable alternative right now though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

There isn’t a viable alternative right now though

the polls say otherwise

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

i say swears online posted:

the polls say otherwise

Does Gantz really have a significant enough base for elections anymore? You'd think getting soundly humiliated on both ends for betraying everyone to become netanyahu's pet opposition would severely hamper "vote for me again THIS time so we can get rid of Bibi!" Rhetoric.

He's decisively shown that he'd side with Likud over Literally Everyone Else when given the opportunity.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Labour Party in the UK continues using fake anti-Semitism criticisms to control leftist party members.

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/1334480600946929667?s=19

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

If you're making a power-sharing deal with Bibi why would you not demand getting to be PM first to ensure the rotation actually happens.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Does Gantz really have a significant enough base for elections anymore? You'd think getting soundly humiliated on both ends for betraying everyone to become netanyahu's pet opposition would severely hamper "vote for me again THIS time so we can get rid of Bibi!" Rhetoric.

He's decisively shown that he'd side with Likud over Literally Everyone Else when given the opportunity.

gantz could conceivably come in fourth place, he's nick clegg now

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

What the hell lol

It is a testament to the Israeli civil service that there isn't a civil war on right now.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

America has more to do with it than any of that. The Invincible Israelis myth has kind of been irrevocably shattered.

I do wonder how Israeli people are not getting assassinated, though. I don't think they would go full war over it anymore when Hezbollah alone drove them out twice. Hezbollah today is basically armed to the teeth up to having drones through Russian > Iran > Syria > Lebanon channels and is packed with a huge number of battle-hardened Syrian Civil War veterans.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-conflict-hezbollah-syria

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 3, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DarkCrawler posted:

What the hell lol

It is a testament to the Israeli civil service that there isn't a civil war on right now.

all the major parties agree on the one main issue

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DarkCrawler posted:

What the hell lol

Maybe if the left wing could put together a party worth a drat.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

all the major parties agree on the one main issue

That's true.

Madkal posted:

Maybe if the left wing could put together a party worth a drat.

For a country in major part formed by the left-wing, Israel sure stomped them out good. There were actual European fascist dictatorships who didn't succeed doing the same in as huge of a timeframe. Forever war is an efficient political tool.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

any true left wing party like meretz would necessarily be desegregated and allow arabic participation, which would alienate it from the current israeli political discourse

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
If someone has a good history of the israeli left / what happened to them I'd love to read it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Seems like the same thing that happens to all governing parties that use militarism and chauvinism to drum up public support and keep themselves in power, you either go all the way or you lose an internal political struggle to someone who will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DarkCrawler posted:

I do wonder how Israeli people are not getting assassinated, though. I don't think they would go full war over it anymore when Hezbollah alone drove them out twice. Hezbollah today is basically armed to the teeth up to having drones through Russian > Iran > Syria > Lebanon channels and is packed with a huge number of battle-hardened Syrian Civil War veterans.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-conflict-hezbollah-syria

They were getting assassinated pretty readily less than two decades ago. Then Israel surrounded itself with walls and checkpoints so now it's very hard for nefarious actors to get in.