Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope she's playing Madam Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I hope she's playing Madam Mask.

I think she's playing Kate's mom.

We got an excellent Whitney Frost in Agent Carter Season 2, but she wasn't the Madame Masque we all love to hate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I think she's playing Kate's mom.

We got an excellent Whitney Frost in Agent Carter Season 2, but she wasn't the Madame Masque we all love to hate.

Wouldn't really surprise if they make Kate's mom Madam Mask.
In the comics, Madam Mask is basically Kate's personal nemesis, while the search for her mother never really went anywhere, except for cementing that her dad sucks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Madame Masque would probably be a season 2 thing or a later villain for Kate. Let them play out the Fraction stuff first so Renner can be done with then go forward with Kate's villains.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Then what was the second thing they put out? Wasn't there one? Am I having a stroke?

There was that animated film (no idea if it was Pixar or Disney Pictures) called Onward, I believe. I didn't remember it existed either until I saw the blu-ray on sale on Zavvi.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JordanKai posted:

There was that animated film (no idea if it was Pixar or Disney Pictures) called Onward, I believe. I didn't remember it existed either until I saw the blu-ray on sale on Zavvi.

Onward and Hamilton were the two things I was thinking of and combining into a third thing in my weed addled brain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I thought Onward came out in theaters but just underperformed?

Also complain about theaters if you want but if they really tank, Disney is totally gonna launch Super-Plus and do that upcharging Mulan poo poo for every big release in the future

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TwoPair posted:

I thought Onward came out in theaters but just underperformed?
It released in the US March 6th, and NYC had its Lockdown order by the 13th. Schools in CA largely decided to do WFH for 2 weeks around the same time, so any hit to an already tepid film would have to account for everyone losing their poo poo extremely quickly after the 2nd week of March.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

FilthyImp posted:

It released in the US March 6th, and NYC had its Lockdown order by the 13th. Schools in CA largely decided to do WFH for 2 weeks around the same time, so any hit to an already tepid film would have to account for everyone losing their poo poo extremely quickly after the 2nd week of March.

People around me were already starting to get leery of going out and about, I remember when it came out everyone was already side eyeing grocery stores and toilet paper waiting for lockdowns to start. My wife and I talked about seeing Onward in the theater with our girls but decided against it because we were already preparing to hole up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would really rather watch big stuff like MCU movies in theaters, you just can't beat that experience, but I'll also sign up Day 1 if they release hbo max in Canada instead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We should let Shuri take on the mantle of black Panther!

Shuri:

https://twitter.com/letitiawright/status/1334667862141755392?s=21

:negative:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh no

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We should let Shuri take on the mantle of black Panther!

Shuri:

https://twitter.com/letitiawright/status/1334667862141755392?s=21

:negative:

Nooooo :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this some crazy religious thing because they named it Luciferase?

Edit: Yup.

Edit 2: Luciferase is just an enzyme involved in bioluminescence. It's used in development of vaccines to help with targeting because they can make it light up. Really convenient. It's not included in final vaccines.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 4, 2020

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, goddamit...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Her complaint about Lucifrease is it sounds like Lucifer...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whoops alternate universe T'Challa and Shuri are here now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That ratio tho

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Is this some crazy religious thing because they named it Luciferase?

Edit: Yup.

Edit 2: Luciferase is just an enzyme involved in bioluminescence. It's used in development of vaccines to help with targeting because they can make it light up. Really convenient. It's not included in final vaccines.

Yeah, it's literally just etymology.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Nobody tell her what the Dutch word for "match" is.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lucifer is so named because he was the Light Bringer, the Morning Star, so its luciferase because it lights up and that's just how science poo poo gets named, you idiot, you utter goof rear end

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Shuri and Star Lord are being recast and will now be played by Chris Evans and Robert Downy Jr.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
you know not every movie needs a sequel, now that I think about it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It kind of upsets me that someone playing a super genius is a goddamned idiot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They wouldn't even recast a guy that tried to eat his kid, they're not going to recast someone just because they're dumb.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shirkelton posted:

eat his kid

Excuse me

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's actually the least hosed up thing Renner's done to his family.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

More Hawkeye news

https://twitter.com/joeotterson/status/1334596015123361792?s=21

Dalton was so good in Better Call Saul, I’m hyped.

I am suddenly extremely excited about a Hawkeye character I’ve never heard of. That’s how genuinely great Dalton was on BCS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

They wouldn't even recast a guy that tried to eat his kid, they're not going to recast someone just because they're dumb.

The only thing that will get Disney to ditch someone is asking to be paid appropriately if you're not the middle face on a poster.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So, when Trump said to get injected with sunlight he was speaking in riddles, foretelling the coming of luciferase like a modern day oracle?!?

What’s the over/under on this being a legit Qanon take?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1334851953638174723?s=21

sorry, sorry, I’m trying to delete it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jamesman posted:

Shuri and Star Lord are being recast and will now be played by Chris Evans and Robert Downy Jr.
Honestly didn't realize how much a chud RDJ is too over the last couple of years

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.twitter.com/dril/status/514845232509501440

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I will never get tired of people thinking that the only weakness a global cabal of satanists have is that they can't stop naming all their products after Satan. It's what stopped us all from filling our gas tanks with Mephistopheline and our bellies with Beelzeburgers, and we have twitter sleuths saying "Hey that name kinda looks like Satan!" to thank for our continued well being.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's every conspiracy theory.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Renner's gonna be gone after this season of Hawkeye so I think people are just like "okay whatever" because he'll be done soon enough.

Wright on the other hand was positioned to maybe actually become the next Black Panther so this hurts a lot more.

Now I say just make alternate universe T'Challa come over played by Michael B. Jordan. Shuri is now played by Zendaya. Zendaya can also continue to be MJ.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They got her to back off within 24 hours so I imagine they'll try and just power through this one like the Pratt stuff and just hope she's not stupid/crazy enough to do it again. The percentage of the audience that caught that one night Shuri was posting crazy rear end anti vax stuff is probably small.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

They got her to back off within 24 hours so I imagine they'll try and just power through this one like the Pratt stuff and just hope she's not stupid/crazy enough to do it again. The percentage of the audience that caught that one night Shuri was posting crazy rear end anti vax stuff is probably small.

Honestly the percentage of people who keep up with any of the actors' twitters are probably a negligible fraction of the overall viewership of an MCU film from the view of Disney. I'd have to imagine somebody would have to do something extremely loving stupid* (and public to boot) to get taken off a film.

*i realize being an anti-vaxxer is extremely stupid, but what i mean is something so objectionable that it'll cause the general public to turn on the actor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honestly I think this'd qualify if it got enough coverage, but if the media is wise it won't because it'd just reinforce the idea that anti vaxxing is "something people are talking about more and more".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is that really backing off? It sounds like the ‘I’m just asking questions’ dumb poo poo that people like to do when they get yelled at for having bad opinions