Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
this is eve rule 6 is impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stereotype posted:

this is eve rule 6 is impossible

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Are Hurricanes (Mosh Masters?) predominately a keepstar defense doctrine? I can't remember the last time I saw them called and I sure would like to fly a rusty star destroyer.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I sure would like to fly a rusty star destroyer.
Dude, gross.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Friend, shame is not even a concept in this hallowed thread.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dalael posted:

Retard isnt a loving slur you piss baby

*edit: i will die on this stupid hill. Go ahead, probate me cowards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Its like you forgot which forum you were posting on? Evolve already.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sickening posted:

Its like you forgot which forum you were posting on? Evolve already.

you're talking about the guy who thinks the capital of bolivia is atlantis

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

i dont see how this would be the smarter choice at all.

nc and pl live forever and a half away, and will invariably gently caress off back there when the war is done. they've announced that plenty times. and even if they hate mining and crabbing more than the rest of us, they have a lot of time and resources (read: biggest meatshield in the game) as huge buffers to afford them opportunities to rebuild.

maybe test has a bunch of filthy rich industrialists and hoards of minerals and components and can rebuild their fleet faster than us (strong doubt), at the end of the day their plan to live in delve (or at least nearby) means that's the long-term confrontation, and that's the target we stand the best chance of disrupting if we did lose our fleet. which, since we are outnumbered 3:1, i imagine to be a loving likely outcome of any mega battle.

moreover, if we headshot PL... who gives a poo poo? how many have said this is their last war? all i know about NC is that they're like fifty dudes all multiboxing while being called gamerwords by VINCE, so leaving them be is probably the worst thing that can happen to their players. frat will stop shooting goons the minute some poor Corpus Patriarch spawns on grid.

now on the other hand - if test doesn't have a super fleet, then we're going to watch one bot empire (fart) devour another(man goo), and test loses a much valued piggybank. meanwhile the other legacy friends are already crying broke. the war is over for them when they have to go focus on standing on their own two feet while their coalition implodes economically. all this happens while goons are finally free to rebuild and focus exclusively on test.

it's just the better strategic choice. the fact that they're shitheads or whatever is just icing on top.

I think there's a certain escape velocity that alliance growth can achieve that makes even the most harrowing of losses, "not so bad". It'll be uncomfortable, sure- but usually it's not the actual end of anything as long as whomsoever is running things has the obligate impulse to keep herding cats. As PL learned after B-R the only thing stopping the immediate replacement of 70 Titans was the time it took to actually build the drat things, but Titan Alts donated their ships to Titan Mains to be reimbursed later as they were built, and no actual power projection was lost.

Now that supers are more vulnerable and there's a cap on remote reps, the only way another B-R is going to happen is if someone in the leadership spot of one of those alliances makes a huge mistake, and the other people backing that person decide to go all in to rescue them. It could happen, but I doubt it. More often than not, the threat of super projection is actually more threatening than actually using the drat things.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Xolve posted:

I think there's a certain escape velocity that alliance growth can achieve that makes even the most harrowing of losses, "not so bad". It'll be uncomfortable, sure- but usually it's not the actual end of anything as long as whomsoever is running things has the obligate impulse to keep herding cats. As PL learned after B-R the only thing stopping the immediate replacement of 70 Titans was the time it took to actually build the drat things, but Titan Alts donated their ships to Titan Mains to be reimbursed later as they were built, and no actual power projection was lost.

Now that supers are more vulnerable and there's a cap on remote reps, the only way another B-R is going to happen is if someone in the leadership spot of one of those alliances makes a huge mistake, and the other people backing that person decide to go all in to rescue them. It could happen, but I doubt it. More often than not, the threat of super projection is actually more threatening than actually using the drat things.

Congrats, you rediscovered the fleet in being.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

welp, theta is not the squad I remember chilling in doing mining poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

welp, theta is not the squad I remember chilling in doing mining poo poo

Ted's long gone, so the inmates run the asylum. Once spacedad left everything went to poo poo.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pragmatica posted:

Okay. Some of you need a refresher of the rules of this subforum.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907349

good read, that

GREAT SATAN fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 4, 2020

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lets just start our own squad, we could call it "goonsquad"

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Sigma also still exists, and is cool and good.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Stereotype posted:

lets just start our own squad, we could call it "goonsquad"

I'm sure I've heard that name before somewhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ll apply to sigma and delta then

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’ll apply to sigma and delta then

the only way to apply to delta is to come out to w6v and make good posts in local

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Sigma is good and chill, but it's also very quiet because there aren't many of us around, and the ones that are, are often off chilling with blackops or doing other cool poo poo

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bob Socko posted:

Sigma also still exists, and is cool and good.

-Citation Needed

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
I demand that Dalael is freed now. It’s not his fault that he can’t behave on the most woke forum on the internet.

FREE D NAMED POSTERS

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

DGC773 posted:

I demand that Dalael is freed now. It’s not fault that retard can’t behave on the most woke forum on the internet.

FREE D NAMED POSTERS

Oh you're so funny and edgy :allears:

Edit: lol quickly edited his post

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

DGC773 posted:

I demand that Dalael is freed now. It’s not his fault that retard can’t behave on the most woke forum on the internet.

FREE D NAMED POSTERS

Nice edit

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
90% sure mods can see what posts were like before editing too lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
These last couple of pages inspired me to dig up one of my own posts from two and a half years ago

Technically I still have the fax if Grey Requiem is still out there, it was a very kind gift to some idiot logistics flying person like me ngl

Ad by Khad posted:

Hey does Grey Requiem post here

I got really fuckin tired of calling people out in the theta comms slur chamber so I quit, but I feel bad that you gave me a fax and am considering returning it to you

awesome gift though, you were wonderful to me

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Yeah I edited it because that second sentence had poor English.

It’s not the fault of that retard he can’t follow the rules on the most woke forum on the internet.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL
FREE DALAEL

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS
!BACON_POINTS

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
This should end well. :allears:

About squads that are fun and good and not racist, check out delta sqad. One day you, too, may know the secret of delta sqad. It reminds me of 2011-2013 era USTZ Space Violence, what with the small gang pvp and some hilarious local rivalries.

Dalmuti posted:

the only way to apply to delta is to come out to w6v and make good posts in local

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DGC773 posted:

Yeah I edited it because that second sentence had poor English.

It’s not the fault of that retard he can’t follow the rules on the most woke forum on the internet.

god you're just so painfully banal and unfunny

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

god you're just so painfully banal and unfunny

That’s the point

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

DGC773 posted:

That’s the point

"Joke's on you, I was only pretending to be stupid."

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Oh, does that mean I can cross off ‘puppet master’ or ‘role playing’ on my bingo card? I nearly have a full line.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DGC773 posted:

That’s the point

most people leave when they realize nobody is buying what they're selling but you have tried to post through it and continually failed, take the hint and gently caress off

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

quote:

Thank you, but this post has already been reported recently!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

most people leave when they realize nobody is buying what they're selling but you have tried to post through it and continually failed, take the hint and gently caress off

"He noticed me! That must mean my plan is working! I can't wait to tell all the people who tell me to shut up and gently caress off in MY corp chat! :downs:"

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
pi and epsilon squad 4evar

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I see the goose is making more slow, smart, methodical postings itt

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/k6hxgo/comment/gekxb82

quote:

Goonswarm drama currently unfolding on their forum somethingawfuldotcom because apparently some of their sigs/squads can't get rid of reaccuring racism and the use of racial slurs.

Not sure new players would want to get involved in that.

The place of bacon and narwhals is a sad place with angry manchildren

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
I mean, the mods on here are incredibly stupid - am I allowed to say that or is that verboten now as well? - which is worth mentioning. OTOH I've been backed into agreeing with gooseposters which is even more distasteful. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
isnt the quoted reddit poster just, you know, the guy i keep telling to get out