Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i really hate making playlists b.c. im bad at it and i don't actually like every song on even albums of my favorite bands so i cant just throw a bunch of albums of the same genre together and call it a day. so what's the other solution besides let some tech company curate music to me via FM.

I take it the selection of FM/AM is pretty sparse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

i really hate making playlists b.c. im bad at it and i don't actually like every song on even albums of my favorite bands so i cant just throw a bunch of albums of the same genre together and call it a day. so what's the other solution besides let some tech company curate music to me via FM.

i just have a spotify playlist with every album i like at all and throw it on shuffle when i don't know what to listen to. just press skip when something i'm not in the mood for comes up. i'm almost up to 5000 songs :toot:

if your taste is even slightly outside mainstream radio is a total non-option in most places

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

I take it the selection of FM/AM is pretty sparse?

clear channel owns every broadcast station besides the sac state public access one, which is just Shitter NPR. And theres also real NPR, which is bad.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I've kept sirius XM around all these years because at least I can always find something to listen to when I'm driving through the middle of nowhere, MO/AR/IL. I am still mad at them for killing the punk station (Fungus XM53) over a decade ago, though. it got replaced with a 24/7 AC/DC station after the sirius merger :negative:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ur in my world now posted:

it got replaced with a 24/7 AC/DC station after the sirius merger :negative:

https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1334537767494299648

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

excuse, they have two songs

this is the second song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlqLHcphyw

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Victory Position posted:

excuse, they have two songs

this is the second song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlqLHcphyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpEVsDN84Hc

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NielsAppelo/status/1328996392614973441?s=20

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
nobody else has written as good a song about doing fat chicks as ac/dc and that includes queen

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nobody else has written as good a song about doing fat chicks as ac/dc and that includes queen

No.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

bon scott was the realest ac/dc frontman because he died choking on his own barf after a bender. live what u preach

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

this conversation is getting way too grillpilled for me

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

would you piss on me, old friends?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Larry Parrish posted:

when you hear a song you like write it down

in a year you'll have a giant list of songs you like

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

T-man posted:

would you piss on me, old friends?

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1334338535713878017

"Poor John? Nobody ever says, 'Poor John'! If I was on fire, none of you would piss on me to put it out!"
"Let's strike a flint and see."

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/rebekahentralgo/status/1334695520170876929

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found out that my sister's ex girlfriend is suuuper into critical role and had my sister troll her by texting her hot takes about it that I based off the posts here a few pages ago. So thank you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

I found out that my sister's ex girlfriend is suuuper into critical role and had my sister troll her by texting her hot takes about it that I based off the posts here a few pages ago. So thank you.

o7

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

something awful dot com: helping to harass women since 1999

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

T-man posted:

something awful dot com: helping to harass women since 1999

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
wasn't one of the crictical roll guys a sex pervert but not in the cool way

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
... i dont even want to think about what a cool sex pervert is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
duke nukem 64

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Larry Parrish posted:

... i dont even want to think about what a cool sex pervert is.

pegging or findom or something :shrug:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goast posted:

pegging or findom or something :shrug:

In a way those are even worse than the widely unacceptable stuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's taking advantage of peoples lack of strong feelings to be horny in public, similar to feet people. dont tell me about your kinks and especially dont do them in public. like the collar people.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

are people getting pegged on your commute or something

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
who is talking about loving in public :wtc:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i didn't think i would have to explain this but loving in front of people who don't want to see you gently caress is one of the not-cool types of sex pervert

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Goast posted:

i didn't think i would have to explain this but loving in front of people who don't want to see you gently caress is one of the not-cool types of sex pervert

Is "protest loving" cool? I think people tried making that cool at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck_for_Forest

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goast posted:

who is talking about loving in public :wtc:

im not sure its possible to be a real pervert and not constantly discuss your kinks in the wrong settings

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The Perversion of Posting

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

thotsky posted:

Is "protest loving" cool? I think people tried making that cool at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck_for_Forest

:shrug: the idea of pulling your dick out in court is hilarious but you should only make the squarehead judge and bailiff look at that

Goast has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Dec 4, 2020

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have the clip chapo played at the start of the episode of the drunk lady talking about seeing the voting books

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dumper Humper posted:

Does anyone have the clip chapo played at the start of the episode of the drunk lady talking about seeing the voting books

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1334315220815278080

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

she is awesome

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

She is literally the living mental image of how i imagined all the women ranting about "the Russians" stealing "Hillary's election" for 4 years. Great to see the whole country is trash. Like tv melted your brain.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 13:18 on Dec 4, 2020

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9015555/I-WASNT-drunk-Rudy-told-shush-says-star-witness-Trumps-voter-fraud-claim.html

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Chapo is getting back into the groove recently. Virgil and Amber seem like they're enjoying themselves.

thotsky has issued a correction as of 13:30 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Goast posted:

wasn't one of the crictical roll guys a sex pervert but not in the cool way

:shrug:

quote:

Why do we not talk about Orion Acaba or Tiberius Stormwind?

Orion Acaba was part of the original cast of Critical Role, but left the show after C1E27, and due to his actions following the departure (through to the present), he is no longer welcome to participate in fan-run Critter Communities. Due to the nature of these actions (see section below), there has been much speculation regarding his departure, but at this point it doesn’t do anyone any good to speculate further.

Tiberius left Vox Machina because Orion left Critical Role, and the two conversations cannot be separated. Unfortunately, since nearly all previous discussions mentioning Orion or even Tiberius have devolved into speculation, the community admins and moderators have decided to minimize discussion of Orion or his character out of respect for the wishes of Critical Role’s cast and crew.

Why did Orion leave?

The cast and Orion have chosen to keep that information private. We do not know, and we will most likely never know.

Since Orion’s departure from the show, the Critter Community has put forth a large amount of energy and speculation on the subject, most of which is exceedingly negative and harmful. We do not recommend you go read it, but it is archived below.

Out of respect for Orion, for Critical Role’s cast and crew, and for the admins and moderators of all community spaces, we ask that you do not repeat these discussions and speculations, nor ask any questions. You are welcome to go read the previous ones if you would like to think on it for yourself.
Is Orion coming back?

Orion posted on his Instagram in 2017 regarding why he left and his desire to return to Critical Role. At that time, Matt responded on Reddit in support of Orion but stated "That being said, and in hopes of ending the arguments and discussions within for both our sakes and his, there are no plans for Orion to ever return to Critical Role."

Do not continue to ask if he is/will/could be returning, or say “I wish he would”. Do not tag him or the cast suggesting/requesting/wishing for it.
The Legend of Vox Machina

Question: Will Tiberius appear in The Legend of Vox Machina animations?

Answer: Tiberius will not appear in The Legend of Vox Machina. Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s/faqs

Is it a spoiler that Orion left the show?

No. The fact that Orion (the player) leaves the show is not a spoiler, as that is not an in-game event during an episode of Critical Role. (see the full spoiler policy)

Details from the show about Tiberius (the character's) actions or behavior are spoilers, as those ARE in-game events during an episode of Critical Role.
Why is Orion no longer a member of the Critter Community?

Due to his actions after he left Critical Role, Orion Acaba is no longer a member of the Critter community and the admin or moderation teams of the community spaces have removed him from participating in them. [Critical Role Fan Club] [Reddit]

Since leaving Critical Role, Orion has consistently demonstrated behavior that is the antithesis of the values upon which this community was built: respect, empathy, kindness, patience, understanding.

He has engaged in harassing and dangerous behavior publicly against both fans and colleagues including revealing the confidential personal information (doxxing) of one of his supporters. Other accusations levied against him include fraud or misappropriation of fan-provided funds on two separate occasions.

I have further questions, more links, more information to provide, and/or speculation I haven’t seen before…

The cast has asked the Critter Community very directly to please stop speculating or asking questions about Orion. By doing so, you are violating Rule #1 (Don’t be a dick). Please stop asking.

If you see someone speculating or asking, please report their post to the moderators and do not reply to it.

Should I watch the episodes that Orion is in or skip them?

That is entirely up to you. But The Slayer’s Take episodes (C1E18 - C1E21), and C1E24 through his departure do contain information that is pertinent later in the series.

Almost all of the drama was outside of the game, driven by the community, and occured after Orion left the show. With the exception of C1E27, there is no tension in-game.

C1E27: The worst of the in-game tension occurs immediately after the break. Skipping until 2h49m will avoid the tension, and will only skip one in-game week of preparation for the adventure discussed before the break.

Conclusion

When it comes down to it, these are the Critical Role fan-run communities, for discussion and news about the show. Orion's personal behavior has nothing to do with the show.

The odds of hurting more people and dividing the community further by repeating the same drama and speculation over and over again are high. The small upside of potentially educating a few people who might have participated in his non-CR ventures is not enough of a benefit to outweigh the damage and stress to all parties that allowing current or future "Orion said/did XYZ" posts will bring.

And then there was the scandal where an internet person tried to hire themselves as a sensitivty reader for the podcast, and threw a temper tantrum when no one on the show wanted to accept said offer to join the cast and have control over what happened on it, resulting in this very carefully worded legal statement:

A bit interesting that someone with supposedly extensive experience being bullied online would attempt to online bully their way into a job, but (probably) not a sex thing.