Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Sam and Max season 1 remaster is out and turns out I still really enjoy these games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Witcher wasn't even the best game in the month of its release (that would be Life is Strange Episode 3).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The Witcher wasn't even the best game in the month of its release (that would be Life is Strange Episode 3).
also Splatoon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

exquisite tea posted:

Being very silly and wrong is fun sometimes but let's be serious.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Glad you see things my way.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Started playing Elite Dangerous and all I want to be is a space trucker.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm playing the Prey Mooncrasher DLC and it's really cool but I'm only like five hours in or so and I can kind of already see the end despite it being a roguelike. The big challenge is completing five runs in a row that all require different escape methods, but some escapes require certain characters to have passed by and activated prior to the next character jumping in and finishing off the mini-quest. Unfortunately, you need Hacking to get a lot of stuff and that's locked into the final character, so I'm gonna have to do like four more busy-work runs to unlock her. Actually finishing a run is the most annoying part because you have to go do a fetch quest through multiple load screens and so now if I'm doing a setup run just to enable another character's quest I always end up just killing my run as soon as I do whatever I need to do

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah the cycles speed up once you know what you're doing, after playing the base game on the PS4 and its godawful load times I played Mooncrash on the PC and it was so much smoother

It was neat how the story unfolds through the different runs and the way the simulation specifically conflicts as part of that revelation process

Also the final character owns

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 4, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Everytime I look at my top forty list of games, I realise that for me personally, 2017 was the greatest year for new games.

I mean we had these come out in that year:
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone
Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Night in the Woods
Hollow Knight
Horizon Zero Dawn
Breath of the Wild
Nier:Automata
Persona 5
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Dragon Quest Heroes II
Prey
Tekken 7
Splatoon 2
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice
Sonic Mania
Everybody's Golf
Yakuza Kiwami
KNACK II!!!!
Divinity Original Sin II
Steamworld Dig 2
Golf Story
Cuphead
A Hat in Time
Destiny 2
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Of that list I have played all bar 2 of them (Dragon Quest Heroes and Hellblade) and of them 8 appear in my top 40 of all time list - 4 in the top 10.

2017 was exceptionally powerful and I always look at it in complete awe.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Lurdiak posted:

Please add Witcher 3 to the GOTD poll options, thank u.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

game of the decade is Picross 3D Round 2

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

dafuq is this thread really

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dischorr_N posted:

dafuq is this thread really

It's the Bad Video Games Opinion thread I guess

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my goty is just whichever game sold the best

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For me it’s at least Yakuza 7, 13 Sentinels, Animal Crossing and now Sakuna: Rice and Ruin.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it worth playing that localisation of the original Fire Emblem Nintendo released

I haven't played any FEs older than the GBA ones

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My goty votes are clubhouse games for switch and still helltaker as the out of nowhere surprise hit imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it worth playing that localisation of the original Fire Emblem Nintendo released

I haven't played any FEs older than the GBA ones

If you like retro jank and you like FE you'll like it

If you dislike either of those things you'll dislike it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

It's the Bad Video Games Opinion thread I guess

My dude there is literally an Unpopular Videogames thread where people post their hottest videogame takes and no-one is offended because everyone there hates breath of the wild

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My dude there is literally an Unpopular Videogames thread where people post their hottest videogame takes and no-one is offended because everyone there hates breath of the wild

Finally somewhere I can talk about the artistic merits of Iggy's Wreckin Balls

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

Finally somewhere I can talk about the artistic merits of Iggy's Wreckin Balls

Join the queue, I'm away to make a shitpost about how Billy Hatcher is the best gamecube platformer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There is no way there's only one of those threads.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

There is no way there's only one of those threads.

Join us

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809896&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That thread may have a bunch of unpopular opinions but they're the really boring "I hate everything except Dark Souls and whatever else I think goons will approve of" kind. Predictable!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

That thread may have a bunch of unpopular opinions but they're the really boring "I hate everything except Dark Souls and whatever else I think goons will approve of" kind. Predictable!

My dude have you not read my hot take that BioShock Infinite is good

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I just wish i hadn't resubbed to WoW (didn't even buy shadowlands yet lol). So many games left unfinished for the goty list.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Unfinished games are a fact of life, accept that you will always have unfinished games and you will die with unfinished games and enjoy the ones you do spend time with, even if it's something you've played a million times already. Namaste gamer friends.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will be hoping to finish Dark Souls before the end of the year. I think I might.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

VideoGames posted:

I will be hoping to finish Dark Souls before the end of the year. I think I might.

I think I will
I think I might
Play some more Dark Souls tonight

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Have you done a big club smashy run yet? In Also do a mega pyromancy one, those are fun

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

NumptyScrub posted:

I think I will
I think I might
Play some more Dark Souls tonight

Whereabouts are you?

I am in darkroot and have beaten (boss spoilers) Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Bell Gargoyle, Moonlight Butterfly, Ornstein & Smough, Havel, Chaos Witch Quelaag, Iron Golem and Gaping Dragon.

I am currently rocking two awesome rings, a great club and the black knight armour :D Powerful clubbering!

Convex posted:

Have you done a big club smashy run yet? In Also do a mega pyromancy one, those are fun

This is my very first run through! I am a pyromancer with a club though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh boy, buncha winter holiday poo poo happening in wizgame

Buncha cash shop poo poo though and some of the more interesting-looking stuff is locked behind lootbox mechanics. That poo poo is gross and I hope some day lootbox type gambling is outlawed.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

VideoGames posted:

Whereabouts are you?

I am in darkroot and have beaten (boss spoilers) Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Bell Gargoyle, Moonlight Butterfly, Ornstein & Smough, Havel, Chaos Witch Quelaag, Iron Golem and Gaping Dragon.

I am currently rocking two awesome rings, a great club and the black knight armour :D Powerful clubbering!

This is my very first run through! I am a pyromancer with a club though.

I just got into Anor Londo in my run. Well, I got the pillar the stairs raised and then I took a break anyway. I neglected to go into Darkroot before Anor Londo, I’m doing a pretty straightforward run as the game directs me. A lot of it is like muscle memory for me and I’ve been able to stay human for the most part. Aced the Capra Demon, Quelaag, Gaping Dragon and the Iron Golem, but I haven’t been afraid to summon help either. I wish I got summoned in more quickly into other people’s games, but I had the most success chilling in front of the Belltower Golems and helping by casting Heavy Soul Arrow.

My most memorable part so far is killing Maneater Mildred in Blighttown, realizing I had enough souls for the Crest of Artorius, then running from the Blighttown swamp up to the blacksmith near Sen’s Fortress in one long hike to cash in. My memory isn’t perfect and I’m sure I’m missing some items. I wish I found the Rusted Iron Ring which I know you can do before Blighttown. I’ll make another pass through some areas once I get the Lordvessel.

I know I was summoned and helped a pyromancer with a giant club so if it wasn’t you then it was your brother in arms.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In my dark souls 1 randomizer run, which was mostly a shieldless run, the bell gargoyles took me maybe ten tries, I had to summon Solaire to finally win. The one thing the later entries definitely, inarguably improved over the original, is that they let you roll in any direction instead of just four

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Join the queue, I'm away to make a shitpost about how Billy Hatcher is the best gamecube platformer

:hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

The one thing the later entries definitely, inarguably improved over the original, is that they let you roll in any direction instead of just four

WAIT WAIT WAIT
Is this why my adeptness at dodging and rolling in Bloodborne has not transferred over? :aaaaa:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT
Is this why my adeptness at dodging and rolling in Bloodborne has not transferred over? :aaaaa:

Most likely yes. Dark Souls (and the PS3 version of Demon's Souls) only let you roll in the four cardinal directions while you're locked on. Later on, they let you roll in any direction while locked on, and thankfully that was added to the Demon's Souls remake as well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

learning to play without lock on sometimes is a valuable dark souls skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

Most likely yes. Dark Souls (and the PS3 version of Demon's Souls) only let you roll in the four cardinal directions while you're locked on. Later on, they let you roll in any direction while locked on, and thankfully that was added to the Demon's Souls remake as well.

Now I do not feel so bad at some deaths I have had where I have mysteriously NOT dodged just past enemies and instead straight into them or directly to the side. Oh I feel so much better now!

I had been switching between Dark Souls first run through and Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons and I was getting a bit disheartened at how I would be doing really well in Bloodborne with parrying and dodging, and then going to Dark Souls I would wiff stuff and dodge into attacks and not get why.

This all makes so much sense.