Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/docrussjackson/status/1334575731905601536?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Now I want to see a courtroom drama where Jolyon Maugham looks Lawrence Fox dead in the eye and says "I know a few ways of dealing with foxes".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Don't France do this every time a summit is about to happen.

Yes, and the EU will already have their sweetener planned.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if macron just sleeps in a big crib except instead of bright plastic things he just has sabers stuck on the side so he can rattle them when he's feeling cranky.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if macron just sleeps in a big crib except instead of bright plastic things he just has sabers stuck on the side so he can rattle them when he's feeling cranky.

Pretty sure its a waterbed filled with migrant tears

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Cyclamate?

ANYTHING YOU SOW
Nov 7, 2009
So Helen pidd was right, ordinary people dont care about human rights, only pork products.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Practically every day I open Twitter in the morning to see Naga Munchetty trending, because she asked some basic questions of a Tory. Today I see this:

https://twitter.com/expressceleb/status/1334773623505219585

This is actually a story about one of Naga's co-workers leaving BBC Breakfast, and her saying goodbye to them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pick which thing you are least happy about.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/OborneTweets/status/1334809069601894400?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nothing in the UK establishment is a credible anything. But what are you gonna do about it, huh, champ, kiddo???

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Jedit posted:

I wonder if they keep doing this outrageously obvious pattern because the UK negotiating leads are legit dumb enough to fall for it every time.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

Pick which thing you are least happy about.

A stripping Philip Green would not be good. This however https://twitter.com/MrJakeWalters/status/1334803707221995521 :allears:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDxPXN7XP8

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I wonder how much overlap there is between people who claim they can define who is and isn't Jewish and people who claim they can define who's male and who's female? I'm guessing it's pretty close to 100%.
Yeah there is a very strong overlap and the 'reasoning' is the same in both cases.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/KawsachunNews/status/1334708006160883714?s=20

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That Musk quote is outrageous.

It should be “whomever”.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Saros posted:

I wonder if they keep doing this outrageously obvious pattern because the UK negotiating leads are legit dumb enough to fall for it every time.

The UK negotiators didn't have anything to do with EU sweeteners before we left. I'm talking about what the EU will offer France to shut up and comply.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/DurstApologist/status/1334830637354717184?s=20

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Well we've moved on from "strikes are wrong at a time when negotiations are ongoing" at least?

Only proper workers though - student strikes don't get a mention, they aren't important anymore.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Starmer has been a disappointment. Abstaining foolishly, horribly right-wing, and not even that astute. I thought he’d at least be better at the latter. I suppose my hopes/expectations were higher than a lot of posters here. He’s been pretty poo poo though.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

therattle posted:

Starmer has been a disappointment. Abstaining foolishly, horribly right-wing, and not even that astute. I thought he’d at least be better at the latter. I suppose my hopes/expectations were higher than a lot of posters here. He’s been pretty poo poo though.

i didnt vote for him cause the "AUTHORITY" stuff on his handouts skeeved me out, but i did expect him to be better than this.

im still not sure if he's naively loving up or cynically loving up

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

He looks like a Tory.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i think i only found out he was crown prosecutor after the leadership which shoulda been hammered home more, its instantly disqualifying for the labour leadership imo

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I know prosecutors are uniformly worthless people in the US, is that so much the case here? Outside of Keith it's not typically a role that's a launching point for a political career like in the States.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

peanut- posted:

I know prosecutors are uniformly worthless people in the US, is that so much the case here? Outside of Keith it's not typically a role that's a launching point for a political career like in the States.

imagine a US prosecutor but theyr defending a monarchy from the public

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

i didnt vote for him cause the "AUTHORITY" stuff on his handouts skeeved me out, but i did expect him to be better than this.

im still not sure if he's naively loving up or cynically loving up

This is pretty much exactly what I expected tbh. When all the melt accounts said he was their guy people should have taken them at their word

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Even putting ideological differences aside, if I was in Starmer's position and on a mission to expel Corbyn from the party, I definitely think I'd have done a way better job of it than he has.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

This is pretty much exactly what I expected tbh. When all the melt accounts said he was their guy people should have taken them at their word

corbyn and co hosed up so spectacularly that i was willing to give keith the benefit of the doubt, and as a new MP he could have come in and seen the absolute shambles the party is in and centralise things and sort things out

but he's firmly sided with one of the super incompetent factions rather than binning all of them

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

corbyn and co hosed up so spectacularly

how so?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Gorn Myson posted:

Even putting ideological differences aside, if I was in Starmer's position and on a mission to expel Corbyn from the party, I definitely think I'd have done a way better job of it than he has.

Yeah, totally agree. I don’t agree with the mission* but it’s been done so ham-fistedly.

*”let’s get rid of one if our most popular MPs who has massively increased membership! What could go wrong?”

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

If Starmer's objective was to cause as much uproar in the party as possible without actually resolving any of the underlying causes of the uproar, he's succeeded gloriously.

He's just a wrecker sent to make sure there can't be a functioning opposition.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Don't France do this every time a summit is about to happen.

Yes. It is traditional for the French to make a big show of being recalcitrant in negotiations, but worryingly it is also traditional for the French to really stick it to the English any chance they get

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have a friend who voted for Owen Smith, and even he thinks Starmer is poo poo.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Gort posted:

how so?

lol nah you're right things turned out great

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Gort posted:

If Starmer's objective was to cause as much uproar in the party as possible without actually resolving any of the underlying causes of the uproar, he's succeeded gloriously.

He's just a wrecker sent to make sure there can't be a functioning opposition.

I think it's easier to assume that he isn't a particularly good politician (he is relatively inexperienced) and he and Evans have hosed up. It's much more of a stretch to believe that he's doing this deliberately. That's veering into conspiracy theory territory.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

lol nah you're right things turned out great

what would you have done differently is my question

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Corbyn did gently caress up but it was solely by being too nice. If the stupid nice lovely old gently caress would’ve just purged the poo poo out of the right of the party and told the press to gently caress off he might’ve got somewhere.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

therattle posted:

Lol imagine genuinely being this naive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lol

https://twitter.com/docrussjackson/status/1334805755736829958?s=21