Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Rarity posted:

That was Tony Schiavone

ok, really? Ok, I'm out again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, I am not nearly as into Abadon as others are, but I am very much enjoying this feud already. The “it’s just cosplay”/“I am clearly still afraid” dynamic is a fun inversion on the normal supernatural wrestling angles.

I like the implication that Abadon is one of the three

* a zombie
* a madwoman that thinks she's a zombie
* a woman that is cosplaying as a zombie to gently caress with people and is just completely terrifying.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think the last option is the canonical one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yaya posted:

Miro is cool and the Disney Gucci shirt was good, the people who think it was bad are cowards

agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah on Dark they're very clear that she's not a zombie, she just works that vibe to freak her opponents out and WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH HER WHY DOES HER NECK BEND LIKE THAT AAAAAAA

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Tyma posted:

(seriously, Tony has been fantastic on AEW)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"TNA will be used as a weapon to help defeat the villain WWE" is a plot twist too surreal for even anime

I'm just picturing that image of sad Billy Corgan riding the Universal Studios train except enhanced to a million times its usual size

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think the cut off Kingston promo at the end of last was on purpose.

It will give something for him to go Apeshit about next week. He comes out and starts bitching about how he was supposed to have time on the mic following the match, but the company wasted it following kenny, and this will lead to Kingston beefing with Kenny. Or beefing with Trillionaire Tony.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm surprised there's not more talk about AEW's number in the demo being 100k under NXT's total number. Unless that's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yeah on Dark they're very clear that she's not a zombie, she just works that vibe to freak her opponents out and WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH HER WHY DOES HER NECK BEND LIKE THAT AAAAAAA

maybe that's just what they think

she's a zombie that pretends to be a person who pretends to be a zombie to gently caress with people

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Ad by Khad posted:

"TNA will be used as a weapon to help defeat the villain WWE" is a plot twist too surreal for even anime

I'm just picturing that image of sad Billy Corgan riding the Universal Studios train except enhanced to a million times its usual size

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gonzo McFee posted:

TNA holds a very special place of contempt for me because it basically behaved like a mix of late WCW and current WWE for the vast majority of its time and absolutely hosed the career of a huge number of the best wrestlers in the world.

To be fair, all of the people involved in that are long gone and it's basically being run by Callis and D'Amore, as far as I'm aware

They're not really answerable for the time they put the world title on Mick Foley ten years after WWE forcibly retired him; or for the time they hired Bubba The Love Sponge as a Hoganfriend and he racially abused the talent; or the time they wrote Foley off TV by having him punch Bubba on his way out the door except Foley just legit punched the fucker (bang bang)

Good TNA times, great TNA memories

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So am I the only one shipping Abadon and The Fiend, or what?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tyma posted:

How can you not love Tony Schiavone? He's been the purest gold throughout the whole of AEW.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

So am I the only one shipping Abadon and The Fiend, or what?

hopefully

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

hopefully

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
Holy poo poo, MJF made the NY Times Best Performances of 2020

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/04/arts/best-performances.html

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/1333863188627075072?s=19

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hire scott steiner to do promos and bury people every week imo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

cauliflower jones posted:

that's awesome on its own, but also a sign of AEW quite quickly getting something that WWE have hunted for and failed to get for years: mainstream media acceptance. It's been more than 20 years since anything WWE did was "cool". AEW - by being alt-mainstream - are managing it quite quickly.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cauliflower jones posted:

oh my god he's going to be insufferably smug about this and i can't wait to see it :allears:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Andrast posted:

hire scott steiner to do promos and bury people every week imo

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Luchasaurus and you can see that statement is not true. See, Luchasaurus is 65 million years old. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got 30 million years AT BEST. Then you add Brian Cage to the mix, your subjective age drastically goes down. Brian Cage is Wolverine, and Wolverine doesn't age, so he could be millions of years old and not even know it!

So Luchasaurus, you take your 30 million years, minus Brian Cage's millions of years, and you're the same age as the rest of us. But then you take my years in the business, and you haven't even been born yet! See Luchasaurus, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Revolution.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

oh my god he's going to be insufferably smug about this and i can't wait to see it :allears:

It could also play nicely into the IC issues because they praise MJF but not Jericho

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don’t like Abadon because I get haunted house cast member vibes from her and everyone I know that’s ever worked in a haunted house is unbearable to be around

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I like Abadon because she's neat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Regardless of my actual views, I perform liking Abadon because I'm afraid she'll steal my organs if I don't.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is all a lloy to get wwe to waste 5 billion into buying tna

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t like Abadon because I get haunted house cast member vibes from her and everyone I know that’s ever worked in a haunted house is unbearable to be around

If you spend a lot of time with a group of people and you hate every single one of them for the same reason, maybe they didn't bring that reason to the table :angel:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rotinaj posted:

If you spend a lot of time with a group of people and you hate every single one of them for the same reason, maybe they didn't bring that reason to the table :angel:

Check out this haunted house worker

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Haunted house people are incredibly cringe but I don't get that particular vibe from Abadon. That's pure Fiend/Alexa Bliss

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Rarity posted:

They've already done it which is generate a ton of buzz and noise. I think anyone expecting this to be a major long-term crossover or Impact becoming a full on second show is nuts but AEW is getting all the attention from this. And with WWE having been an essential monopoly for the last 20 years it also plays into AEW's hands to make other promotions stronger because if more promotions get a bit of flex then that weakens WWE's grip on the industry

Yeah, I think AEW has too many moving parts to shift the entire roster into an interpromotional war. It makes more sense that it would just involve the World Title and the members of the Elite/Hangman (probably even Dark Order). Like Sting has only just returned as the avatar of TNT to watch over the title that represents his lineage so it wouldn't make much sense to get him involved. Team Taz, Death Triangle, Inner Circle, etc... they don't need an Impact crossover

I was an avid ROH fan in the mid-2000's but completely lost interest when the CZW feud kicked off because I thought that garbage-rear end promotion was so far beneath them that it made ROH look bad. And I missed a whole bunch of great matches, angles and character development. If you'd asked me back then I would have just said "well what can CZW do for ROH?" so I hope anyone repeating that sentiment now will at least give it a chance because there could be some very cool poo poo on the cards.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Haunted house people are incredibly cringe but I don't get that particular vibe from Abadon. That's pure Fiend/Alexa Bliss

No The Fiend and Alexa Bliss are the couple that dress up and try to out perform the haunted house workers and make it uncomfortable for everyone involved

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

An old roommate used to manage a haunted house, this became accurate.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

No The Fiend and Alexa Bliss are the couple that dress up and try to out perform the haunted house workers and make it uncomfortable for everyone involved

gently caress, those people are super annoying at Ren Faires, I cannot imagine haunted houses putting up with that poo poo, but I guess it makes sense that they have to as well.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I wish I was a genetic freak and not normal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not all people are created equal :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tyma posted:

imagine liking Mike Tenay more than Tony Schiavone smh smh

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

As someone who goes to haunts every year, I loving HATE these people, more than the "I wasn't scared" people.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

As time goes on I hope commentary gets less and less sure of it. The question should never be definitively answered either way until it's time for the gimmick to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Brian Alvarez said today on WOL that it's a multi-year deal, and that he's not going to wrestle.

Now I'm fully on board with him in AEW :)

I'm not personally a fanboy for Sting but I'm happy for everyone who still marks out for him, including and especially Tony Schiavone