Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm not 100% sure on what the thread wants to do with Splinter, there seems to be a split between Hubris/Not-Hubris.

If I get to be the deciding vote, I'll say Not Hubris this turn just chill next to the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ABH : Always Be Hubrising.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Vote for not hubris since we have to be on all the plates simultaneously. Then again, which battle goal did we end up with again? Most lost cards or pincushion?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I agree, wait a round.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So I'm gonna be shooting the cannon and running up to the door. Hoping between myself and the spellweaver we can finish it off.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Deep Ruins, Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Ancient Artillery 1(E) should have suffered 2 more damage!
"
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there."""

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 16 with Brain Leech and Scurry.

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand5, Discarded0, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 20 with Forked Beam and Engulfed in Flames.
(Hand5, Discarded0, Active0, Lost3)

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"

"ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS"
Boris (Hand9, Discarded0, Active2, Lost1) is acting at initiative 31 with Solid Blow and Flight of Flame.

31. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

code:
"SOLID BLOW (31) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range 5

"FLIGHT OF FLAME (53) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 2 Damage WOUND trap in an adjacent empty hex - WOUND all enemies adjacent to this trap when the trap is sprung.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump."
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Deep Ruins, Round 8B

- None!

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! STRENGTHEN, Self!
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to B9.

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (bot)! Jumps3 to C3.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Engulfed in Flames (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 1(E) with ADVANTAGE for 4 (4base, +0/-2mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 1(E) is at 2 HP.
FIRE is now strong.

- Boris uses Solid Blow (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 1(E) with ADVANTAGE for 6 (3base, +1/NULLmod, +2bonus) damage!
Ancient Artillery 1(E) is killed! DOOM discarded.
- Boris uses Flight of Flame (bot)! Jumps5 to A3.
Boris executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Boris's deck is shuffled.
- FIRE is now waning.
"
"

As the top and bottom sections of the map are basically split in two at this point and since I assume you're going to open both doors next Round, I'll make sure everyone is aware of the content of both rooms before we proceed with Step B orders. If you plan on resting or doing something else for 1+ Rounds before opening the door(s), please discuss this itt and send me multiple Rounds worth of orders instead :)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 7, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Reik do you have a way to disarm traps?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SalTheBard posted:

Reik do you have a way to disarm traps?

I think Lina has a jump available.

Major Stamina potion to get Scurry, Brain Leech, Empathetic Assault back.
05, Cranium Overload, Scurry.

We got the winged shoes if we need to jump.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
The plan is to rush in and step on the plates, right?

If so, I guess two move cards makes sense for splinter so 05, Cranium Overload, Scurry + invis cloak makes sure we would end our turn on the goal and invisible.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
hm, it doesn't look like we'll be able to end it next round because as far as I can tell the Spellweaver has no way to move more than 4 in a turn, but if splinter goes invis on the plate this turn then long rests the next turn, they should be safe?

I'd also like to minor stamina potion back Solid Bow and Flight of Flame.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

I'd also like to minor stamina potion back Solid Bow and Flight of Flame.

Got it!

- Boris uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Solid Blow and Flight of Flame.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

if there's an opportunity for a round to eke out some extra XP, I think Splinter should do so.

Perhaps Cranium Overload top + Frigid Apparition bottom + invis cloak + stam pot?

Then next turn, scurry + something else fast and stand on the button.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from Reik :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Sorry about that, got really busy at work. Submitting orders now.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No problem!

Also you may notice that things look a bit...different. This is cause I've moved the game to the latest version of Gloomhaven Fantasy Setup on TTS! I hope you enjoy green/teal tinted tables :)

Deep Ruins, Round 9A

"- Master Splinter uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry, Brain Leech and Empathetic Assault.
- Boris uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Solid Blow and Flight of Flame.

"

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there."""

Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Scurry.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Boris (Hand9, Discarded1, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 31 with Solid Blow and A Moment's Peace.

code:
"SOLID BLOW (31) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range 5

"A MOMENT'S PEACE (88) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2, Self"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand3, Discarded2, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 80 with Reviving Ether and Flashing Burst.
(Hand3, Discarded2, Active0, Lost3)

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT

Deep Ruins, Round 9B

- None!

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves1 to door hex.

- Living Bones 2, 5 revealed!
- Living Spirit 5(E) revealed!
- Pressure Plate revealed!

I'm not 100% about what the people on top want to do, so I'll go ahead and reveal the content of the top room as well. If they players end up not opening the door this Round, so be it; we'll just ignore the monster initiatives and activation. This may give the players a bit of advantage, but it should speed things up considerably - we would have to break down the update in 2 or 3 chunks otherwise. The top door is closed and the monsters are not activated, at least until someone opens the top door.

- Someone moves to the top door!

- Stone Golem 4, 5 revealed!
- Ancient Artillery 6(E), 1, 5 revealed!
- 2 Pressure Plates revealed!

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
holy poo poo O_O This is terrifying.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Reik do you think we should lure the Golems out, force them through the traps and then just annihilate them at distance?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Should splinter still run for the plate?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kanthulhu posted:

This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Should splinter still run for the plate?

This makes me realize, I should have probably started Splinter's move with the Top of Scurry, so that she could shank something before moving to the pressure plate. Consider this fixed.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 9, 2020

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I've still got like 7 cards left or so I could lose to damage, so I think if we wanted to go maximum hubris we could do it, but luring the golems out is definitely the safer play.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm fine going maximum hubris

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

the scenario ends as soon as all the pressure plates are activated; there is no requirement to kill the monsters! all we need to do is run in yelling HI GUYS HOWARYA JUST GONNA STEP ON THIS PLATELYDOO RIGHT HERE FOR A SEC and we win.

time to wade in and lose cards to damage!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Superterranean posted:

the scenario ends as soon as all the pressure plates are activated; there is no requirement to kill the monsters! all we need to do is run in yelling HI GUYS HOWARYA JUST GONNA STEP ON THIS PLATELYDOO RIGHT HERE FOR A SEC and we win.

Correction: every Scenario ends at the end of Round when the Scenario win condition is completed. So you have to occupy the pressure plates AND stay alive until the end of the Round to win.

E: vvvv Yeah that's a real master troll from Isaac, since the Artilleries have 3/8 chance of drawing a "PUSH adjacent enemies" activation card with a full deck.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 9, 2020

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I love the artillery having a push action to move players off the pressure plates. Fortunately, you all are going after them, but I remember my play group getting screwed by that once.
But yeah, if you all can reach the pressure plates, I'm sure you can absorb enough damage to survive one round of hits and win this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah that is a good point. I'm down to just run for the plates then

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Hm, the stone golems have an immobilize at 28 so if we don't go faster than that next round we're boned, but the artillery have a push at 37 so if we don't go after that we're boned too, so we'd need to pick an initiative that's lower than 28 but higher than 37...

It might be best to lure the golems out after all :D

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Well, if we're luring the golems out then Splinter needs a new game plan. Not sure she can solo an elite and 2 other donglords

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

We definitely house ruled that stepping on the plates ended the scenario when my group played. It makes way more sense thematically. I've done it solo RAW since and am looking forward to see how our heroes handle this!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Superterranean posted:

Well, if we're luring the golems out then Splinter needs a new game plan. Not sure she can solo an elite and 2 other donglords

I can doom the elite spirit to take it out in two rounds if she can kill the donglords.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Reik are you going to open the door?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Two skeletons are easy. If Boris dooms :doom: the spirit Splinter can bottle up the room with invis, go slow next turn and go ham.

E: ok i forgot was the Dr. Doom emote but it fits.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 9B

- None!

*05. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to E4. Attacks Living Bones 2 for 3 (1base, rolling STUN, +1mod, +2bonus, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 2 is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves2 to C4.
Master Splinter uses Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBLE.

The plan kinda changed midway through, so I wasn't sure what to have Splinter do. I've moved her next to the (soon to be Doomed) Spirit to be able to attack it twice next Round. Alternatively, I can move her on top of the plate; or retreat to C7 so that she won't need to use the Cloak at all. Let me know and we'll fix this before next Round!

- Boris uses A Moment's Peace (bot)! Moves2 to door hex. Room revealed! It's full of bad things! Moves2 to A3. HEAL2, Self.
Boris is at 6 HP.
- Boris uses Solid Blow (top)! No action taken.

*17. Ancient Artillery posted:

No target in sight/range for the Artilleries!

*45. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 2 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Loses STUNNED token.
- Living Bones 5 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves3 to B9.

*51. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 4 focuses Boris! Moves3 to door hex.
- Stone Golem 5 focuses Boris! Moves3 to F6.

*61. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 5(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! No action taken!

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 4 for 3 (3base, +2FIREmod, SHIELD2) damage!
Stone Golem 4 is at 9 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! No action taken!
FIRE is now strong.
LIGHT is now strong.

Hey SalTheBard, let me know if you want to use Reviving Ether to move back into the corridor, since it looks like you guys are planning on getting the Golem to follow you :)

- FIRE is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.
"
"

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Do you think it's okay if I doom the elite spirit next turn so I can jump over the traps this turn?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I guess Cyberpunk is upon us, cause I got no orders at all :D

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I think it's probably best for Splinter to be out in C7, and let things come in. Save the cloak for later.

This turn, how about
08 -
Perverse Edge
Brain Leech

with the idea being Perverse Edge bottom for Ice+stun, and leech as a throwaway?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Got my orders in, the plan is to jump back and shooting a golem.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 10A

- Master Splinter should be in hex C7. She has not used her Cloak of Invisibility.
"
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded3, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Brain Leech.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."
Boris (Hand8, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 11 with Swift Trickery and Flight of Flame.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

code:
"SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5"

"FLIGHT OF FLAME (53) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 2 Damage WOUND trap in an adjacent empty hex - WOUND all enemies adjacent to this trap when the trap is sprung.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded3, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 26 with Flashing Burst and Fire Orbs.
(Hand2, Discarded3, Active0, Lost3)

26. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT

"FIRE ORBS (69) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, Target3 - XP1 for every enemy targeted - Generate FIRE - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
drat, Splinter is barely outside the range of the spirit. A very well placed rat!

I'm going to suggest:
Perverse Edge BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1 and Brain Leech TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS.

We need to stun the closest Skeleton otherwise it's going to step forward and smack Splinter in the face. And Brain Leech TOP is a Loss but the HEAL 4 wouldn't be wasted, we would be generating two elements for empowering Lina's attack and make 2 more XP this way.
I'm also suggesting a losing a card because the scenario is close to ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Deep Ruins, Round 10B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Living Bones 5 for 2 (1base, +2ICEmod, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 5 is at 5 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (top)! Attacks Living Bones 5 for 5 (4base, +2'mod, SHIELD1) damage! HEAL4, Self! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Bones 5 is killed!
Master Splinter is at 12 HP.
ICE is now strong.
DARK is now strong.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Reik) posted:

- Boris uses Flight of Flame (bot)! Jumps2 to C4.
- Boris uses Swift Trickery (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 4 with ADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +2/+1mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Stone Golem 4 is at 7 HP.

20. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 2 focuses Master Splinter! Moves1 to E4. HEAL2, Self!
Living Bones 2 is at 6 HP.

26. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (SalTheBard) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 4 for 2 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Stone Golem 4 is at 5 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (bot)! No action taken!
LIGHT is now strong.

If Lina Megumin moves, the Stone Golem won't step onto the Trap this Round. This may be bad in the future because of their Ranged PULL ability. You may notice some inconsistencies with Lina's position for a few screenshots, before I realize this and get back to fix her position.

46. Ancient Artillery posted:

No targets in Range!

75. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 5(E) focuses Master Splinter! Flies3 to E3.

83. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 4 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to B3. Trap triggered in B3! Stone Golem 4 suffers 6 Trap damage!
Stone Golem 4 is killed!
- Stone Golem 5 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to A2.

- DARK is now waning.
- ICE is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.
- FIRE is now inert.
"
"