Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Jonny 290 posted:

lol what even is that setup

well done

lol yeah it sucks rear end. the graph doesn't show where on the curve you currently are so you have to sorta eyeball it and guess to dial it in. sure, tell me the fan RPMs but then do everything based on some arbitrary fan speed percentage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

I don’t know who this person is or care about his opinions but I know he’s not ripping threads, which is the most important thing

:hmmyes:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

echinopsis posted:

yes it’s sam harris

islam deserves as much respect as christianity

so, none at all?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only holy book allowed in this thread is the book of COREinthians

less religion chat, more ryzen chat

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

samson was the original threadripper fyi.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

yeah i;m big horny too

got my Ryzen 5800X. most of the rest of the parts show up tomorrow.

...case shows up monday :negative:

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yeah i;m big horny too

got my Ryzen 5800X. most of the rest of the parts show up tomorrow.

...case shows up monday :negative:

I have everything but the 5900. Retailer said they'll ship next week.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nice

im fuckin around with crystaldiskmark today

"why did you get 128 gb of ram" they asked.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

nice

im fuckin around with crystaldiskmark today

"why did you get 128 gb of ram" they asked.

no anime, shameful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i started cropping it out lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

i started cropping it out lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there has been a lot of 30 rock posted in yospos lately and it’s making me want to rewatch it

https://youtu.be/rcYMGs-6Vqg

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

the only holy book allowed in this thread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

there has been a lot of 30 rock posted in yospos lately and it’s making me want to rewatch it

https://youtu.be/rcYMGs-6Vqg

it's probably the best tv comedy ever made.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it's probably the best tv comedy ever made.

um

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
he's right

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i disagree. the best has to be one of the shows ive seen, like early simpsons or arrested development or sth

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nah, it’s unbelievably good from its first to last episode

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fart simpson posted:

i disagree. the best has to be one of the shows ive seen, like early simpsons or arrested development or sth

Unlike both of those, 30 rock stayed good and then ended and nobody have shoveled up it's corpse yet

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Quote edit fuckup

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
every episode of 30 rock had 2 episodes worth of jokes

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

and usually only two to three cringey racist/sexist/transphobic jokes by 2020 standards per episode

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I've never seen 30 Rock, can't be that good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

liz lemon is from pennsylvania.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

liz lemon is from pennsylvania.

you're right, tori has a point

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

maybe i should just give up on gpus and get a ryzen 4750g and make a tiny mini itx build that’s better than my intel hasbeen 4590

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

fart simpson posted:

maybe i should just give up on gpus and get a ryzen 4750g and make a tiny mini itx build that’s better than my intel hasbeen 4590
i got a 1050ti that fits in its tiny itx prison just fine. a 1050ti or 1650 will murder that apu and won’t add noticeable heat or noise.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you can fit a 3080 in an itx if you try hard enough

Apr 7, 2003

Wasted an evening trying to get poo poo to work right with new RAM

Ordered two new sticks since they're cheap as dirt now, exact same RAM as I have in my system already (X570 board).

Opened the system up, noticed that I needed to flip the cooler around because the nub on the stock fan was blocking access to the 4th RAM slot. No big deal, removed it, cleaned the CPU and cooler and put some Arctic Silver 5 that i had laying around on.

Put the new memory in, boots okay to BIOS, put my settings back to where they used to be and it shits the bed really hard with the CPU fail light on. My first thought was that I hosed up the Arctic Silver somehow since it's conductive. Take everything apart, clean it all up, put it back together again, it boots to Windows. Go back to BIOS, set things back to the optimized setting again, it shits the bed again with the CPU fail light.

Nothing I do lets me get into the BIOS including shorting the reset pins, so I pull the cooler + CPU AGAIN, clean those, put it back together and it boots. I make note of what I'm changing in the BIOS and it turns out it's throwing the CPU fail out when I set the memory to XMP.

The system would boot if I had one or two sticks of the new RAM in. Would fail with the CPU light if any of my old RAM was in, at all. To get the old RAM to work I had to put the new RAM in, go into the BIOS, turn XMP off, pull the new RAM out, put the old RAM back in, boot it, and then set the memory back to XMP.

What a bizarre pain in the rear end. I'm probably going to return the new memory, unless anyone here has any ideas. Man was not meant to have more than 16gb.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had similar issues with some ali express ram I had

idk what xmp is but the solution ended up being setting the ram speed directly rather than auto detect , and setting it one step slower than it was “rated” and it’s worked fine ever since

it was 4 x 8gb cards

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wasted an evening trying to get poo poo to work right with new RAM

Ordered two new sticks since they're cheap as dirt now, exact same RAM as I have in my system already (X570 board).

Opened the system up, noticed that I needed to flip the cooler around because the nub on the stock fan was blocking access to the 4th RAM slot. No big deal, removed it, cleaned the CPU and cooler and put some Arctic Silver 5 that i had laying around on.

Put the new memory in, boots okay to BIOS, put my settings back to where they used to be and it shits the bed really hard with the CPU fail light on. My first thought was that I hosed up the Arctic Silver somehow since it's conductive. Take everything apart, clean it all up, put it back together again, it boots to Windows. Go back to BIOS, set things back to the optimized setting again, it shits the bed again with the CPU fail light.

Nothing I do lets me get into the BIOS including shorting the reset pins, so I pull the cooler + CPU AGAIN, clean those, put it back together and it boots. I make note of what I'm changing in the BIOS and it turns out it's throwing the CPU fail out when I set the memory to XMP.

The system would boot if I had one or two sticks of the new RAM in. Would fail with the CPU light if any of my old RAM was in, at all. To get the old RAM to work I had to put the new RAM in, go into the BIOS, turn XMP off, pull the new RAM out, put the old RAM back in, boot it, and then set the memory back to XMP.

What a bizarre pain in the rear end. I'm probably going to return the new memory, unless anyone here has any ideas. Man was not meant to have more than 16gb.

you got the wrong kind of ram

Apr 7, 2003

Nah, the stuff I got is exactly the same as the stuff that was already in there, I literally went back to it from my Orders page on Amazon and ordered it again.

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's what you ordered. that doesn't mean it's what you got. probably is though tbh, hardware janitoring sucks and is always subject to the rule "because gently caress you"

Apr 7, 2003

I pulled the old sticks out and compared, same exact stuff, just the version number was different.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you're old now, don't trust your eyes

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
trust only your fists

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
try turning off all the docp/xmp poo poo and go in and bump the ram voltage to 1.40 or 1.45. some boards and 4-sticks-of-ram combos need a little extra juice

if that works, start edging the ram speed up till it crashes, back it down one notch, and call it good. i'm running my ram at 3200 instead of 3600 and it's fine like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i just snap them shits in there and call it a day tbh