Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
:suicide:https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1308458539237683206?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
great snipe anyway that makes me wanna die did y'all peep the screen cap with the fukkin idiot rear end ppe

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1308118306260484097?s=21

we're gonna cobble together another episode this week, maybe we will do a commentary on the reboot when it comes out

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1309289012289560577?s=20

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

quote:

When Steven Spielberg invited him to his house in 2006 and told him he wanted to make a film about the Chicago ’68 riots and a conspiracy trial, Sorkin immediately said yes. “When I left his house, I called my father because I didn’t know about the events Steven was referring to,” Sorkin admits. “I said yes because it was Steven and he said there was a trial, so I thought courtroom and that was enough.”

flawless

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Wait there were riots in Chicago in 1968? Why? Did someone important got murdered?" - Aaron Sorkin, brilliant champion of US Liberalism

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Hahahahahahahaha

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He really believes this poo poo doesn't he

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Oh my god lol

Jesus Christ.

I know it won't matter but admitting this b should be grounds to have you banned from revert providing your opinion on US politics again.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It is West Wing canon that Bartlet is a Jeb!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

It is West Wing canon that Bartlet is a Jeb!

I doubted wampalord on this before we recorded and he went to the trouble of verifying via subtitle

Truly dedicated to Please Clap

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yes i like tool

no I will not explain myself

now clap for this, you stupid bastards

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
In commemoration of today's debate, I'd like to present this vision of what Sorkin thought the debates should be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpEmQeoo414

The show played it off like "well, Will McAvoy was just too HARD-HITTING for us, so we couldn't let them host any debates", but of course it was because when you're setting a show with fictional characters that exist in the real-past, you can't go back and let them have a debate with the actual candidates.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I think my favorite part of that masturbatory fantasy is that it's played like some great thing and not Will McAvoy hogging the spotlight in a grandiose gesture that inflates his own importance. BY GOD IT'S OUR JOB TO FIND THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THESE RUBE VOTERS

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so, so many lmaos today

we took a break from laughing to death to record our takes on Holy Night, which is verifiably a solidly 9 of 10 West Wing, 6.7 of 10 Regular TV Show episode

extremely rare recommendation to watch along with us!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/emilyvdw/status/1313896664738926593?s=19

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1314296218151944192?s=21

looks like you guys have a guest host in your future

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

yeah I def retweeted and replied a couple times lol

she's hittin the high notes REAL QUICK

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
im still on the fence regarding the HBO broadcast of the cast reunion, I just don't know if my brain can take it so close to the election.

Instead of watching that you could listen to this! although absolutely DO NOT watch the West Wing episode because it's very, very bad.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for all you real Worst-heads out there, the HBO reunion is going to be an on-stage reenactment of Hartsfield's Landing from Season Three, so we can review Stu and Dave's coverage of that ep ahead of time!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So I didn't hate The Trial of the Chicago 7. As you might expect, when Sorkin sticks with the actual history it works well - especially the scenes surrounding the awful treatment of Bobby Seale - and when he invents stuff it falls flat. Like the weird subplot about Jerry Rubin trying to gently caress the undercover cop. The worst bit comes in the last ten to twenty minutes, with Abby saying some succ poo poo about elections being the REAL revolution and the closing testimony being a dedication to are troops. The latter is loosely based on something that happened in reality but it's an odd way to end a movie about anti war activists.

E: the cast does a great job, which helps paper over some of the succ when it peeks through

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 05:51 on Oct 19, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He tries to make the prosecutor honorable lol.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mantis42 posted:

So I didn't hate The Trial of the Chicago 7. As you might expect, when Sorkin sticks with the actual history it works well - especially the scenes surrounding the awful treatment of Bobby Seale - and when he invents stuff it falls flat. Like the weird subplot about Jerry Rubin trying to gently caress the undercover cop. The worst bit comes in the last ten to twenty minutes, with Abby saying some succ poo poo about elections being the REAL revolution and the closing testimony being a dedication to are troops. The latter is loosely based on something that happened in reality but it's an odd way to end a movie about anti war activists.

E: the cast does a great job, which helps paper over some of the succ when it peeks through

Yeah we've been talking about this offsite

The politics are wrong but the movie is well done

Kinda like half of west wing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Hello, my name is TALMIDGE CREGG and somehow this was the best the writers could come up with!

the show comes very close to commentary on unilateral peacekeeping operations in these two episodes, and gets some solid owns on Bartlet (and therefore itself?) along the way.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

many people are saying this

https://twitter.com/DylanTweetin/status/1323291570171310081

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i finally caught up on Chernobyl and they Sorkined the ending lmao

Anyway we've got a fresh 40 minutes of chat about a very boring episode and also some election discussion.

We did it, we beat the Orange Man!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
hello from north of the plaguelands

A Nice Long Ep today as the administration digs FURTHER IN on Kundu and doubles down on trying to "help" Sam win his congressional race.

I believe this is the actual last time we will see Rob Lowe on screen.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The french dude would be cooler if he wasn't a Bourbon.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
someone emailed the show's Gmail with a nice account of how it's helping them get through the misery of covid times in England (overseas!!) and I'm plotzin heah :kimchi:

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
I made the mistake of looking at the West Wing imdb to see which episode it is that the Santos' destroys a bed, and even scrolling past episode summaries was brutal. If they had regular network drama level actors, this loving show would be utterly unwatchable. I had also forgotten entirely who they dreamed up for Santo's VP. Holy gently caress...

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah

We recorded today! Episode on its way!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Sand in my shoooooes

Sand from Havaaaaana

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
No, I'M Spart Marion Coatesworth-Haye!

some of the best comedy notes of the entire series are in this episode, for real.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible, hang in there.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
btw I put it togetyher today because gently caress Him, but the Max Weber quote referenced by our small dry president in this episode is the name of Matty Yglesias' new substack it's called "Slow Boring" gently caress

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hey I just wanna say I'm still listening to the show so the thread isn't dead

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

:hai:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
we have a guest star lined up for Thursday. unfortunately the episode is REAL BAD unlike last week's, which was genuinely funny

I guess that’s good because we can spend more time chatting with guest rather than about Aaron suckin

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

gradenko_2000 posted:

same

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so thanks for everyone saying hey, we appreciate y’all it’s a great Number Up to look forward to

I did the coolest guy thing possible and beefed on saving 22 minutes of seriously good content so we had to re record the entire first segment of this episode... with guest... racing the clock for dave to go to work...

rookie mistakes, here 80 episodes down the road

wooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I have a fantasy of our first time through being way more trenchant and composed but nevertheless... maybe I'm just beating myself up too hard. We are joined by Jaya Sundaresh, an excellent writer and local political journalist here in central New York.

Get your plane straight if a simple mechanical indicator failure might result in trillion-dollar valuation shifts.

Guest stars are fun.