Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E L E C T A B I L I T Y

yeah! and speaking of which, starmer is 21 points ahead??

Labour List posted:

The polling indicates that Johnson has a negative rating of -3% in the ‘Red Wall’ and Starmer is on +18%, and it is suggested that this is partly due to confusing messaging over Covid and the Dominic Cummings trip to Barnard Castle.

https://labourlist.org/2020/12/tories-struggling-to-keep-hold-of-red-wall-support-won-in-2019-new-survey-finds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You're loving delusional mate

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/12/labour-ahead-polls

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine having to quote approval ratings because your guy is just as far behind in the polls as the horrible racist communist was

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that the same poll that puts rishi sunak miles better than keith

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

OwlFancier posted:

Is that the same poll that puts rishi sunak miles better than keith

well, he is very dishi

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Answer the question you COWARD!!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

hey thanks for the link bobby. the return of the lib dem voters supports the idea (from forkboy's poll) that brexit is no longer a reputational issue for labour for 95% of people. now labour need some snappy slogans to paint that blue wall red e.g. 'get boris out'

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

jfc not again

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Maybe just ignore the resident racist, or at least stop quoting them for the benefit of those of us with the sense to do so.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

If Breath Ray's posts don't all start with "Jerk Detected!" you're doing it wrong.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
2020 extended Normal One continues

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Imagine thinking Keir "no opposition for oposition's sake" Starmer will furnish you with election winning snappy slogans lol.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I mean this is probably one of the least harmful things to happen all year. Really made me chuckle that he bothered to assure everyone he had no plans to become a dictator.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The good thing is that he ran as Adolf Uunona, Adolf isn't an uncommon or bad Black name in the former German colony (e: or, indeed, some other places, hi Touré Reed's dad), whereas "everyone in former German colony votes for guy on ballot as 'Adolf Hitler Uunona'" would be a bit uhhhh...

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Uunona, just be careful, na na

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I don't think it's remarkable if the Tories are losing the Red Wall again, wasn't the thinking always that concerns of Brexit were a huge factor, and with that done and dusted one way or the other, most of those seats should be back in play (All else being equal)?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

I don't think it's remarkable if the Tories are losing the Red Wall again, wasn't the thinking always that concerns of Brexit were a huge factor, and with that done and dusted one way or the other, most of those seats should be back in play (All else being equal)?

Still full of Olds who are likely to vote Tory over any version of Labour we might want, unfortunately.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Got a Celebrations advent calendar and after a strong start (Maltesers) the following three days have all been Bounty. Someone is having a laugh at my expense and we need an inquest.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mines Quality Street because I'm classy :wotwot:

They made a poor start though, one of those purple ones :mad:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I have a craft beer advent calendar because I’m that arsehole. Today was a spiced milk stout.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh gently caress oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1334909832931885057?s=19

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I got a galaxy truffles one, and they're not the same as the truffles you used to get in celebrations boxes years ago before they got taken out. Also the tray within the cardboard sleeve is wrapped in an impenetrable foil with no perforations for the windows so every day you peel back the flap and then have to prime your poking finger like a karate guy before he punches through a wooden board

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

jesus christ i wish this was all the worry i had in life

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

sebzilla posted:

We had 1/366 of our annual leave entitlement deducted for each day we spent on furlough, and also the carry-over limit has been extended from 1 week to 20 days which has at the very least kicked the can down the road a bit.

I'm not an expert but I'm 99.99% sure they can't do that with furlough, talk to your union.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"forced to tuck into a Bounty" is the bar for a 'sick joke' now?

Is this how gammons feel when someone asks them to respect a pronoun, because loving hell when I think 'sick joke' I think making days 1-3 different chocolates and day 4 finger bones from a murder trial or stem cells to make a new Jimmy Savile.

Also I like Bounty

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SpicePro posted:

I'm not an expert but I'm 99.99% sure they can't do that with furlough, talk to your union.

You have to be paid 100% salary for any holiday taken IIRC

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Middle of just starting a gaming session with the wife and the power went out. All the sockets in the house tripped, which wasn't entirely unexpected running fridge, dishwasher, washing machine two gaming pcs and charging an ebike.

Weird thing is, it keeps tripping. I've pulled everything out of every socket and anything bigger than the router is causing it to trip again, Whatever I plug in from the above.

Bit of a sticky situation as of course its a Friday night and my wife has all her insulin in the fridge. Any ideas goons?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mebh posted:

Weird thing is, it keeps tripping.

what do you mean by 'it', the main rcd that feeds your whole consumer unit or just the circuit with the socket outlets on it

are your lights etc still on

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What type of breaker is tripping? If it's just the current breaker for the socket ring then that means something's shorted, if it's the RCD for an earth fault, something's shorted (or leaking) to earth.

e: snap

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

feedmegin posted:

Still full of Olds who are likely to vote Tory over any version of Labour we might want, unfortunately.

You are talking absolute dogshit.

The "red wall" is sort of a stupid term but of the 12 constituencies it refers to the Labour vote share increased after Corbyn became Labour leader in every single one of them. In a few cases it was only ~2% increase but generally it was flirting with or reached double digit increases in percentage of vote share, the "red wall" were uniformly enthusiastic about Corbyns Labour and preferred it to neolib Labour.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
https://twitter.com/AdamStone11/status/1334901581863677957?s=20

e: cool that it looks like a frostpunk city though lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

e: cool that it looks like a frostpunk city though lol
I unironically prefer the people who think that Britain was at its peak during 1886 to people who think it was at its peak during 2012 now, that's how bad they are.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I bet the poor graphic design intern who put the numbers on the doors has no clue what was going in them... They should have a go at picking lottery numbers.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mebh posted:

Middle of just starting a gaming session with the wife and the power went out. All the sockets in the house tripped, which wasn't entirely unexpected running fridge, dishwasher, washing machine two gaming pcs and charging an ebike.

Weird thing is, it keeps tripping. I've pulled everything out of every socket and anything bigger than the router is causing it to trip again, Whatever I plug in from the above.

Bit of a sticky situation as of course its a Friday night and my wife has all her insulin in the fridge. Any ideas goons?

My son has diabetes. Insulin is ok out of the fridge for 28 days so there is no immediate concern. If power keeps tripping maybe put it in an insulated container outside? It’s cold enough (maybe too cold where you are).

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mebh posted:

therattle posted:

My son has diabetes. Insulin is ok out of the fridge for 28 days so there is no immediate concern. If power keeps tripping maybe put it in an insulated container outside? It’s cold enough (maybe too cold where you are).

fwiw insulin will be fine for a while, modern analogues (which I'm sure she's using, as opposed to animal derived stuff which is super rare today) can officially last for a whole month at room temp and unofficially should be fine for a long while past that as long as it isn't exposed to extreme temps. Keeping it in the fridge is mostly a precautionary holdover from earlier varieties, which is nice to do to be extra safe if you can, but not the end of the world if you can't.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 5, 2020

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Convex posted:

You have to be paid 100% salary for any holiday taken IIRC

Oh, yeah, our furlough pay was 100% so it's probably legit.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Also I like Bounty

Me too. Home Bargains had triple Bounty bar packs for just 49p for a while. Not anymore though :sobbing: They used to form a nice, substantial meal. A change from lentils.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Mebh posted:

Is it just sockets or lights too?
All those things you list, presumably not overloading one single socket? Don't have more than 3kW power coming out of one socket.
Have you looked at the contact breakers to see what's popped out?
My lights in my flat in London all used to go out if a light bulb went. Most annoying.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

kecske posted:

what do you mean by 'it', the main rcd that feeds your whole consumer unit or just the circuit with the socket outlets on it

are your lights etc still on

Sorry. Got a dual RCD consumer unit. The right side with the sockets on is tripping. I've unplugged everything in the house. Anything big I plug in causes the right rcd to trip. Left one is fine. Its fine with our phone chargers plugged in. I plugged the router in and sat down on the stairs to read a guide and it suddenly tripped again.

Aaand it just did it again with just the phones plugged in.

No outside sockets that I know of. No work done recently. It's wet and windy today but it's been wet and windy since.. April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Mebh posted:

Sorry. Got a dual RCD consumer unit. The right side with the sockets on is tripping. I've unplugged everything in the house. Anything big I plug in causes the right rcd to trip. Left one is fine. Its fine with our phone chargers plugged in. I plugged the router in and sat down on the stairs to read a guide and it suddenly tripped again.

Aaand it just did it again with just the phones plugged in.

No outside sockets that I know of. No work done recently. It's wet and windy today but it's been wet and windy since.. April.

Have you tried different sockets? (Sorry if you answered that already, I didn't see it).