Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Petiso posted:

The problem is that Okuyasu's stand is basically the Kienzan/Destructo Disc of stands, its signature skill is a one-shot-kill and that doesn't fly in a battle shonen manga so he's stuck at failing at using it or using it just for support/in non-lethal ways which is turn makes the user look incompetent in-context.

Okuyasu is a good natured teenage boy who doesn't want to be a murderer, not using The Hand to Vanilla Ice people doesn't make him look incompetent, it makes him look like a good person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Much like Killer Queen embodies Kira’s desire to live a quiet life, The Hand gets its design and strength from Okuyasu’s lifestyle and passion - jacking off. My dude loves yanking his hog. Absolutely going to town punishing that pud. The ultimate JO Bro. Does the big hand mean he’s packin’ heat or is it compensating for something? You’ll just have to ask Araki about that one.
I thought that was Fugo.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

multijoe posted:

Okuyasu is a good natured teenage boy who doesn't want to be a murderer, not using The Hand to Vanilla Ice people doesn't make him look incompetent, it makes him look like a good person

Yeah, this. You don't need to be a brain genius to figure out "huh I can effortlessly delete things from existence, this would be really good for winning fights quickly and easily", it's just that he doesn't want to kill or permanently maim people.

If anything him finding a way to use The Hand's abilities in a fight in a way that explicitly doesn't kill or maim his opponent demonstrates a lot of intelligence and creativity, not the opposite.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Much like Killer Queen embodies Kira’s desire to live a quiet life, The Hand gets its design and strength from Okuyasu’s lifestyle and passion - jacking off. My dude loves yanking his hog. Absolutely going to town punishing that pud. The ultimate JO Bro. Does the big hand mean he’s packin’ heat or is it compensating for something? You’ll just have to ask Araki about that one.

E: i don't have it on me but there's a follow-up meme where an armless avdol's floating in a void wondering where all these disembodied penises are coming from

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

erasing your dick from existence sounds like a bad idea if you’re really into jacking off

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Makes cleanup easy if you're careful tho

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Augus posted:

erasing your dick from existence sounds like a bad idea if you’re really into jacking off

well that's easy just erase a bunch of disembodied hands too

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Augus posted:

Ain't no thang as long as your bff can just restore it good as new

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
How precise is The Hand anyway? Like, could Okuyasu use it to shave or slice up veggies?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dragonwagon posted:

How precise is The Hand anyway? Like, could Okuyasu use it to shave or slice up veggies?

He uses it to save that girl from Yukako by shaving a lot of her hair off in like two seconds without harming her in any other way, so really precise.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If Okuyasu is such a good dude, why didn’t he use The Hand to erase hunger and suffering from the world

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Because if he wasn't hungry he wouldn't be able to go out to dinner with Josuke.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If Okuyasu was a little smarter he'd know about Alcubierre drives and we'd be on Mars like yesterday

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

It's because he's told he's stupid and was raised to believe he's stupid and so people go along with it because he must just be stupid.

re: okuyasu this is how I see it. His older brother says he's stupid and he just goes along with it because what else is he gonna do, he owes all he has and is to his dad (now monsterfied) and his older brother (now dead). Would've been nice to see Josuke help him break out of that, but Araki generally isn't the type to do character arcs in that style, so it just becomes subtext or interpretation. I think Okuyasu is a smart guy who's lived his life believing his dumb because nobody tells him he isn't.

Anyway,

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like the whole dumb thing is something that would just phase itself out anyway. Okuyasu is a 16 year old that has to take care of himself and his disabled father, and is clearly mature enough to make it work. When he won the money his first thought was to save it, while Josuke was thinking about getting some kewl shoes.

What I'm saying is, I think that boy'll be alright.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

okuyasu is mainly a victim of being a side character in a shonen series

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

E: i don't have it on me but there's a follow-up meme where an armless avdol's floating in a void wondering where all these disembodied penises are coming from

Found it

E: unrelated but lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TQQOm2lYI

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 9, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
How did I never notice Avdol's massive metal codpiece?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I keep dipping into Stardust Crusaders (rewatching the series) and accidentally binging it. This poo poo holds up and the 2nd half outro is worth it every time

D'Arby Elder is my fav so far. Every twist logically follows the preceding scene and the climax builds all the way to the end and the villain is so scary clever, beating nearly all of them at their own game one by one until he can't. Its such good plot writing jesus

Like he almost had them, he was so close to doing what even DIO couldn't

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Whatever happened to that jojo boyz visual novel dating sim someone was putting together

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Marx Headroom posted:

I keep dipping into Stardust Crusaders (rewatching the series) and accidentally binging it. This poo poo holds up and the 2nd half outro is worth it every time

D'Arby Elder is my fav so far. Every twist logically follows the preceding scene and the climax builds all the way to the end and the villain is so scary clever, beating nearly all of them at their own game one by one until he can't. Its such good plot writing jesus

Like he almost had them, he was so close to doing what even DIO couldn't

D'arby the Gambler is maybe the finest story in all of Jojo. It's very very good.

DamnGlitch posted:

Whatever happened to that jojo boyz visual novel dating sim someone was putting together

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looking forward to playing Josuke in cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr22WceIsrc

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Looking forward to playing Josuke in cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr22WceIsrc

The part 6 JoJo is far more fitting to make in the game since many of the parts are there. Thats who I'm playing as.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

JoJolion’s ED song needs to be Prince’s Pop Life. It won’t be but that’s what it needs to be.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 11, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just a reminder that this is the Anime thread, don't spoil future parts in here, at least not without clearly marked spoiler tags, thanks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please make sure to utilize your stand [JEEPERS CREEPERS] to put your peepers to use and read the name of the thread before posting recklessly

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Johnny Joestar posted:

please make sure to utilize your stand [JEEPERS CREEPERS] to put your peepers to use and read the name of the thread before posting recklessly

:eyepop:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bruno hosed Dio?

I mean he probably would've, but I think he was busy being poor in a fisherman's village at the time.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Accurate, but it would be better with Speedwagon’s face as part of the sun itself like in Teletubbies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Julias posted:

Just a reminder that this is the Anime thread, don't spoil future parts in here, at least not without clearly marked spoiler tags, thanks.

Johnny Joestar posted:

oh no

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
found this amazing shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2uaijsMec

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Don’t remember the thread taking about it, but the fan made BSV episode came out a bit ago. https://youtu.be/ha9az00tSuY

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My god! He's awakened to his Stand, 『Granddaddy's Gun』!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Warbird posted:

Don’t remember the thread taking about it, but the fan made BSV episode came out a bit ago. https://youtu.be/ha9az00tSuY
This is actually pretty cool. I like how they incorporated the real life history of Mexico and the Mysterious Friend cuts quite an intimidating figure.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Warbird posted:

I appreciate the work, but I have the same criticism that I have about the Miike movie - nobody is posing!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pro-click

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is so fuckin stupid lol

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm rewatching the dub for golden wind and have come to the conclusion that diavolo didn't deserve either his Japanese Va or English va. They both put in such stellar performances for such a "meh" character.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Diavolo's English VA channeling Liam Neeson was great.