Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Desus mocked her on Twitter so now everybody knows it's too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Honestly the percentage of people who keep up with any of the actors' twitters are probably a negligible fraction of the overall viewership of an MCU film from the view of Disney. I'd have to imagine somebody would have to do something extremely loving stupid* (and public to boot) to get taken off a film.

*i realize being an anti-vaxxer is extremely stupid, but what i mean is something so objectionable that it'll cause the general public to turn on the actor.

Something worse than shooting a gun at your wife, apparently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that really backing off? It sounds like the ‘I’m just asking questions’ dumb poo poo that people like to do when they get yelled at for having bad opinions

Its certainly not a concession but it has the stink of "I was told in no uncertain terms to stop talking about this." Which if she sticks to is all Disney probably cares about.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If you look at her tl she never actually stood down from it she just cycles between "I'm just asking questions" and "I'm not mad I'm actually laughing about getting cancelled"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The classic "I can totally tweet my way through this" phase.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

If you look at her tl she never actually stood down from it she just cycles between "I'm just asking questions" and "I'm not mad I'm actually laughing about getting cancelled"

The Gina Carano Maneuver

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Wasn't she also liking/retweeting messages saying BP2 should be cancelled and/or she should be recast? It seemed like a lot of bridge burning.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

theironjef posted:

I will never get tired of people thinking that the only weakness a global cabal of satanists have is that they can't stop naming all their products after Satan. It's what stopped us all from filling our gas tanks with Mephistopheline and our bellies with Beelzeburgers, and we have twitter sleuths saying "Hey that name kinda looks like Satan!" to thank for our continued well being.

For the conspiracy stuff to work, the big bads have to be everywhere, control everything and be embedded in all aspects of society.

But also simultaneously super weak that if they were exposed and subject to people saying "no" they'd be totally defeated.

Also they can't force people, apparently they have to leave clues lying around like they are the Riddler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Renner's gonna be gone after this season of Hawkeye so I think people are just like "okay whatever" because he'll be done soon enough.

Wright on the other hand was positioned to maybe actually become the next Black Panther so this hurts a lot more.

Where have either of these things been confirmed?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pretty sure Chadwick Boseman being dead was confirmed by several publications

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And yet I have not seen a single statement from Disney that said she was going to be the new BP. Only fan petitions and speculation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

Wright on the other hand was positioned to maybe actually become the next Black Panther so this hurts a lot more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where when and how? Other than a bunch of people posting about it on the internet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He never said confirmed. You said confirmed.

He was speculating.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Where when and how? Other than a bunch of people posting about it on the internet?

She is positioned there in that her character would be one of a few logical choices to take the mantle they could do. You're being weird about semantics here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We just tend to take internet chatter as gospel.

What about this Renner thing? I'm honestly shocked he's even still involved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well yes, but he was literally talking about the internet chatter. People want her to be the new Panther, that's why they're upset about it.

Renner is just guessing/hoping based on them being in the process of retiring nearly all of the wave 1 Avengers right now (they're expensive) and the show being about a new Hawkeye. Nobody knows anything. If he does get written out we can be pretty sure it wasn't because of what he did though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess the comics setting that precedent doesn't count or something

In fact I think this thread even went over it in detail in the immediate aftermath of the news regarding Chadwick

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rhyno, you're being obtuse, dude. Come on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume Hawkeye will retire and be with his family because (a) he was doing that anyway pre-Infinity War, (b) he basically gave up being Hawkeye and became Ronin in Endgame anyway, and (c) they seem to be replacing all the OG Avengers so why would he be the exception in the show about his younger replacement? So like I imagine we might see Ronin or OG Hawkeye again in something down the line just like I imagine we might see all those other ones some day. But it feels like the MCU is purposely phasing out of that team and into younger, more diverse replacements.

Although I see Kate more being part of a Young Avengers thing than an official A Team Avenger.

The Wright thing is just the obvious. We don't know what will be the future of Black Panther. They're filming without naming a replacement. It would be weird and uncomfortable if they just spring a new actor into the role so soon after his death. So we're left with the likely candidates to take a main role and maybe the BP mantle and Shuri has little worn it in the comics so she's a completely reasonable person to speculate on.

Maybe Shuri/Wright will be the next BP, maybe she won't. But her trajectory is going the opposite way than Hawkeye/Renner's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

The Wright thing is just the obvious. We don't know what will be the future of Black Panther. They're filming without naming a replacement. It would be weird and uncomfortable if they just spring a new actor into the role so soon after his death.

I disagree, it's not like they're "springing" a new actor into the role, it'll be at least a year if not longer before the movie comes out. It's always uncomfortable when an actor takes over a role because another one died, but audiences aren't stupid, they can grasp the concept of a new person in the role.

I don't know how hot of a take that is but whatever, I don't think it's disrespectful of Boseman to recast.

edit: also it's totally obvious why they'd not announce a new actor, because they want to put off having this discussion in the media as long as possible

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 5, 2020

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, its like when people were complaining about Kamala's outfit looking cheap, probably because she's wearing a halloween or homemade costume. WTF guys, do they expect the character to wear the costume from the comics from day 1. Commenter there being "we stan comics kate" what the hell does that mean? Its not like they made some stupid joke about how TV Kate won't wear purple.

You'd think if they loved Kate in the comics they'd love seeing her in live action. But there has always been a subset of fans that are very vocal that are just mr complainy pants about everything.

for a female character it always boils down to "how am I supposed to jerk off to this" with these guys

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
letitia deleted her account so i guess things did not go well behind the scenes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

letitia deleted her account so i guess things did not go well behind the scenes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Imagine if we lived in the alternate reality where Alan Tudyk was Hawkeye.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

If it deprived us of his Mr. Nobody and Joker, I'll stick with our reality.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nine years later, and still my biggest disappointment about the MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

If it deprived us of his Mr. Nobody and Joker, I'll stick with our reality.

Hmmm.

I'm torn.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

If they were doing a mantle pass and not a recast, I feel like the fact that Shuri was briefly BP in the comics isn't that important, she's a very different character in the comics. Seems to me like Nakia is the one whose future arc was likely to be a lot more Panther-centric, she was a champion for her tribe, and even if T'Challa is dead she's still probably viewed as family by the Queen. Plus come on, Lupita Nyong'o!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So for some reason I was wondering what ever happened to Ain't It Cool News and, welp, I'll give you three guesses!

That's right, the guy who wrote *that* Blade 2 review, was accused of sexual assault. Just looking at google synopsis because I have no desire to research further, it looks like Harry had been groping women. drat, that used to be one of my daily visted websites back in the late 90s and early aughts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Soonmot posted:

So for some reason I was wondering what ever happened to Ain't It Cool News and, welp, I'll give you three guesses!

That's right, the guy who wrote *that* Blade 2 review, was accused of sexual assault. Just looking at google synopsis because I have no desire to research further, it looks like Harry had been groping women. drat, that used to be one of my daily visted websites back in the late 90s and early aughts.

I'm pretty sure this has been known for years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's accusations of Harry Knowles being a creep going back like 20 years.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm pretty sure this has been known for years.

Yeah the headlines I saw were from 2017, but I never heard about it. It was just the place for my comic book movie news on web 1.0.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1336036794542911489

:yikes:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The action in it is goofy kind of fun but that running is godawful, especially the shot from the car POV.

The guys going "wtf" and just not shooting is all of us

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Well I'm sold. Definitely going to a COVID infested theater to see that movie.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It's sincerely weird, because i though that the 1st Wonder Woman movie had the best, for lack of a better word, superhero kinesthetics in any movie to date. When Wonder Woman was smashing around the bomb-riddled town in France, it really felt like someone with super strength and durability hurling herself through objects. it didn't have any of that flubbery feeling you often get from CGI.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd like anyone here to name a single movie or TV show where fast looking running done in this manner (meaning they aren't so fast they're a blur and you're not showing them as being fast by slowing down time around them) has ever once looked good. Because it never has and always looks weird and doesn't look any weirder here than it does anywhere else.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'd like anyone here to name a single movie or TV show where fast looking running done in this manner (meaning they aren't so fast they're a blur and you're not showing them as being fast by slowing down time around them) has ever once looked good. Because it never has and always looks weird and doesn't look any weirder here than it does anywhere else.

Captain America: Civil War :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't remember it being that bad in the opening of Winter Soldier.