Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nah, we already had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well chicken boo tried to get rid of all of them this season because he was sick of being on the bottom tier of everyone's favourite animaniacs segment list.

Yeah, I watched the new one and I don't know where I invented the idea that they were going to bring back more of the cast in the second season though.

egg tats posted:

hey if anyone wants to get in on this Snyder derail early, curio is premiering their Zack Snyder video right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxk7dB9yeU

Jimbot posted:

Nah, we already had one.

Speaking of Zack Snyder (as we are always doing in this thread) the new Animaniacs has two great jokes about him in it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I have to give that show a watch. By all accounts it's really good. I grew up with the original, so I was pensive about them making another series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jimbot posted:

I have to give that show a watch. By all accounts it's really good. I grew up with the original, so I was pensive about them making another series.

The three mains fall back into their roles like they never left. There's some dated references in there but the new writers are pretty self aware and treat it as cringe. Yakko is in top form.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Arcsquad12 posted:

The three mains fall back into their roles like they never left. There's some dated references in there but the new writers are pretty self aware and treat it as cringe. Yakko is in top form.

It's pretty good! Of the 13 episodes I'd say it has maybe 6 or 8 minutes that aren't great so yeah, definitely check it out.

I'm expecting them to start making jokes about Bush and Obama in the second season.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Seth Meyers joke was so on point that I'll forgive a lot.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

stillvisions posted:

This channel automatically gets my respect for answering the question at about 1:30 of a 17 minute video instead of burying it at the end.

I like that Adam Neely puts the answer to his clickbait questions in the thumbnail.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Time is a flat circle of Breadtubers releasing Zack Snyder videos

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm catching up on Jim Sterling videos and I'm glad he takes the enthusiast press to task for making excuses for the industry's garbage practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7kaK2-725w

The 70$ price tag is indefensible. It doesn't go towards paying for the wages of the development team in the same way that micro-transactions don't. It goes to a small percentage of people at the time, leeching off of the surplus value of their worker's labor. Obviously it's not a blanket situation and some in the press do take companies to task but it wouldn't be such a bad thing if the majority of them were more pro-consumer.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Roth posted:

Time is a flat circle of Breadtubers releasing Zack Snyder videos

It was an incentive video they put as a Patreon reward, like how Hbomberguy has sworn to destroy all his internet credibility defending the Prequels. Looks like Curio also hit another reward tier where they'll defend the Matrix sequels next, so I guess at this point it's more that these youtube talky-people are masochists.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Totally Not Mark has finished catching up on One Piece, and is now watching the movies, and yes, he talks about Movie Six in his last video!

https://youtu.be/7PSfuqDG4Jg

One Piece Movie Six is the one with “Flowey the Flower” by the guy that directed Summer Wars, and apparently reflects the awful experience he had at his last job directing for Studio Ghibli. Yikes!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was an incentive video they put as a Patreon reward, like how Hbomberguy has sworn to destroy all his internet credibility defending the Prequels. Looks like Curio also hit another reward tier where they'll defend the Matrix sequels next, so I guess at this point it's more that these youtube talky-people are masochists.

Now that's a bridge too far! Those sequels are freaking something else.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

egg tats posted:

hey if anyone wants to get in on this Snyder derail early, curio is premiering their Zack Snyder video right now!

quoth the video: "...a flashback where Pa Kent forces Clark to let him die. Of his two dads, Pa Kent comes to represent rational self-interest..."

another swing and a miss, I guess

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I feel like Snyder's work on Watchmen says a lot more about him than 300 or Man of Steel.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The machines almost proudly told Neo that they destroyed Zion hundreds of times in the past and that they were getting really good at doing it, have a complete and uncompromised control of the situation and have shown to have not been able to or care to develop empathy on a large scale and we're expect to believe that they'll willingly release control of their only power source. On top of that we're supposed to believe, if this flimsy one-sided peace actually matters, that the weak support structures of Zion will be able to rebuilt human society. On a dead world.

Nah. I'm with Harry Lennix. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all. They had centuries to figure out a way to fix the sky or build a super-structure to reach above the clouds, but chose to build super-structures to grow humans. They have no interest in being equals with humanity.

Furthermore

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Finally something all of the thread can agree on, Matrix 3 sucks.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh actually in the officially canon matrix online a sizable portion of humanity voluntarily stays in the matrix while civilisation is rebuilt

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh actually in the officially canon matrix online a sizable portion of humanity voluntarily stays in the matrix while civilisation is rebuilt

:catstare:

No!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Matrix Online was much better than the movie it was a tie-in to.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Farm Frenzy posted:

I would be one of them

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Was it Enter the Matrix where the Wachowskis interrupt to explain that the climax of the movie version was a bunch of philosophy and symbolism that wouldn't be all that exciting for a video game so here's a dumb final boss?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roth posted:

Was it Enter the Matrix where the Wachowskis interrupt to explain that the climax of the movie version was a bunch of philosophy and symbolism that wouldn't be all that exciting for a video game so here's a dumb final boss?

That was The Path of Neo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Roth posted:

Path of Neo. And that's a hilarious, amazing move that I still respect the hell out of.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

As diseased as it is to make a defense of the prequels I'd hate to come across the brain that defends the Matrix sequels. At least the prequels are good for memes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Enter the Matrix is the game where you play as either Ghost or Niobe and was advertised as being INTEGRAL to understanding the full story of the Matrix Sequels, and contains over an hour of unique footage shot just for the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's some pretty good action scenes in the second Matrix (whenever the weird plasticy CGI isn't onscreen anyway) and the soundtrack whips, at least

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I haven't seen the Matrix sequels, but I have a feeling I'd probably not hate them.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
^Edit: The sequels suffer the crime of being surprisingly boring. There are a few good action moments but nothing really fits and they wind up being a big mushy pile. As much as people make fun of the terrible Architect scene or the twins, it's because those are some of the only moments that really stand out aside from the highway chase and maybe the Zion battle.

For the games, yeah here's the little minute and a half vid of the pre-boss roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XhcSyVr-A

As much as it ended up being a tire fire, there's a part of me that appreciates the weird attempt to make the Matrix this expansive multimedia thing with the games and movies all linking. It'll be interesting to see if the Matrix Online is still canon.

Farm Frenzy posted:

That was even in the movie, to be fair. Wasn't that the text of Neo's deal with them. That if 99% of humanity was subconsciously agreeing to stay in the Matrix, that it wouldn't really be a big deal to just be honest and let them make it as a conscious choice and break the cycle. The setup for the Matrix Online seemed interesting in general. Shame about the gameplay itself, at least from what I heard.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 5, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I hadn't watched the Matrices in ages until a few months back and watched them back to back to back and the failings of the sequels are even more stark when you watch em that way.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Jimbot posted:

I'm catching up on Jim Sterling videos and I'm glad he takes the enthusiast press to task for making excuses for the industry's garbage practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7kaK2-725w

The 70$ price tag is indefensible. It doesn't go towards paying for the wages of the development team in the same way that micro-transactions don't. It goes to a small percentage of people at the time, leeching off of the surplus value of their worker's labor. Obviously it's not a blanket situation and some in the press do take companies to task but it wouldn't be such a bad thing if the majority of them were more pro-consumer.
Or you know they could just actually talk about Ubisoft being completely owned by rapists. Jim good for keeping up the fight.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Groovelord Neato posted:

As diseased as it is to make a defense of the prequels I'd hate to come across the brain that defends the Matrix sequels. At least the prequels are good for memes.

Internet King Colonel Sanders was definitely a meme for a decent while.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

egg tats posted:

The overall theme is sound -- that Snyder's character adaptations trend towards being driven by their spite and resentment towards plebeian codependency -- but unfortunately this still tended to meander a lot for an essay that warned in advance that it'll try not to meander :xd:

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The matrix sequels are very funny films.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

The overall theme is sound -- that Snyder's character adaptations trend towards being driven by their spite and resentment towards plebeian codependency -- but unfortunately this still tended to meander a lot for an essay that warned in advance that it'll try not to meander :xd:

I knew those owls were all dicks

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

The matrix sequels are very funny films.

I liked how at the end of the first film, he's literally warping The Matrix around him, stopping bullets and exploding Agent programs from within then in the sequels he struggles against a bunch of mooks in some of the most weightless and impactless wire-fu fights put to film. Why isn't he just snapping his fingers and biffing these fools from existence?

Who would have thought being THE ONE was so underwhelming.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Alaois posted:

Enter the Matrix is the game where you play as either Ghost or Niobe and was advertised as being INTEGRAL to understanding the full story of the Matrix Sequels, and contains over an hour of unique footage shot just for the game.

If you played as Ghost, you'd lean out the window and shoot at pursuers during the game's driving sequences. You'd think this would be a rail segment, but they gave control of the car to an AI. An AI that often couldn't navigate the level, even with repeated restarts :downs:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't hate the Matrix sequels. They're just weird and the ending isn't very satisfying. Some great action scenes, especially in the second one. Nothing about Zion or the real world makes any sense.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Alaois posted:

It also had what should have been rail sequences where you shot enemies while Niobe drove, but instead they gave control of the car to an AI that was often unable to navigate the level, rendering Ghost playthroughs impossible for many :downs:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wondering how that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

What's 9 VOLTs deal and why does people seem to reflexively loathe them?